GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet #997049
09/19/20 06:58 AM
09/19/20 06:58 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Since certain forum members long for Colombo hoods, here are four who I thought would peak your interest....Enjoy!

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/salvatore-profaci-sr/

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/felice-vizzari/

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/charles-stein/

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/salvatore-d-ambrosio/

In the coming days I will post more Colombo's if you like.

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: NYMafia] #997052
09/19/20 09:30 AM
09/19/20 09:30 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The Westies was crazy pieces of shit,it strange that Stein trusted Coonan.

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: furio_from_naples] #997053
09/19/20 10:53 AM
09/19/20 10:53 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Ruby was a fool. He should have stayed away from those idiots. He was even better off with Jiggs.

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: NYMafia] #997056
09/19/20 11:16 AM
09/19/20 11:16 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Ruby was a fool. He should have stayed away from those idiots. He was even better off with Jiggs.

I dont think given that Jiggs try to set up him and anyway he stay well with the Genoveses and was rich and relative young,why he did it? There was no italian guys to collect the money?
Maybe did it for greed?

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: furio_from_naples] #997057
09/19/20 11:22 AM
09/19/20 11:22 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by NYMafia

I dont think given that Jiggs try to set up him and anyway he stay well with the Genoveses and was rich and relative young,why he did it? There was no italian guys to collect the money?
Maybe did it for greed?

Jiggs was a DG gambler. Never had enough money. And he was a scheming fuck. Thats why Ruby made the jump. But he should have stayed close with the Westside (Fat Tony, Chin, Little Eli, etc) and ignored these Westy idiots. He paid with his life because of it.

Only 62 years old. They sever his fucking head off. Scumbags and animals.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/19/20 11:22 AM.
Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: NYMafia] #997068
09/20/20 12:15 AM
09/20/20 12:15 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Rack your brains a little bit harder guys. Why would Ruby Stein (who had major league Italian OC contacts) even mess around with the Westies? I'll give a little backdrop. At this time in history the Genovese Family were at odds with this Irish Crew. They controlled almost all the westside except this little pocket controlled by an Irish Mob Crew. Jacob Habits is going up and a shitload of money is involved. Pretend you're a boss for a bit and tell me your strategy.

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: ColonelReb] #997071
09/20/20 03:55 AM
09/20/20 03:55 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Rack your brains a little bit harder guys. Why would Ruby Stein (who had major league Italian OC contacts) even mess around with the Westies? I'll give a little backdrop. At this time in history the Genovese Family were at odds with this Irish Crew. They controlled almost all the westside except this little pocket controlled by an Irish Mob Crew. Jacob Habits is going up and a shitload of money is involved. Pretend you're a boss for a bit and tell me your strategy.

Kill the irishmen and take the Jacobi Center. Anyway Stein was a shylock and earn many $$$$ with the Genoveses,I think that was for greed that get involved with Westies.

Re: Colombo Family - Saturday Medley Quartet [Re: NYMafia] #997073
09/20/20 04:59 AM
09/20/20 04:59 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Well I think there could be, and maybe were several interlocking reasons for Ruby's demise.

First of all he was a very independent hood. He had a lot of money out, and most of it was his own, on his own. And although he needed "backup" from the mob for protection against guys taking shots at him, he wasn't in love with wise guys. So by befriending these Irish kids in his mind at least, Ruby felt he had some independent muscle. Supposedly he even utilized this Jimmy Coonan as a driver/bodyguard of sorts on occasion. If thats true then it shows how Ruby thought he was in control of them as his little army so to speak.

The Westies on the other hand were really a bunch of broken down valises who welcomed the opportunity to borrow money from Stein under the guise of shylock money. And although they may have only received $30,000 to $40,000, or some such figure from Stein to work with (a tidy some in 1976-77) it was not a fortune to Stein. But to these idiots it was.

At some point they figured it was cheaper to clip him than pay him.
---
As far as the Javits Center goes, its in the heart of Westie country (the mid-westside - Hell's Kitchen), and they usually controlled that little area for the most part because there was nothing really there. But when construction on the Javits Center started, the mob wanted it.

Mickey Spillane, their Irish leader based from Woodside in Queens was supposedly killed by the Genovese because he tried to hold his own against them.

But as far as Ruby Stein getting killed over Javits, or actually having any direct connection to those events I'd look at that dubiously. By and large I think Ruby was just trying to work the "middle ground" between the Irish and the Italian mob. Trying to tip toe through the tulips, and he paid with his life.

As I stated earlier, IMO he should have just stayed away from them altogether. They were mostly loose cannons. Drunks, druggies, screwballs, and wild men who had little regard for anyone. They didn't even really understand the protocol of the underworld. They were really just a glorified street gang.

Even the old Irish based Arsenal Mob led by Eddie McGrath and his brother in law Connie Noonan in the 1930s-1960s were better plugged-in than these Johnny come lately's.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull