GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RushStreet, Irishman12, Signor Vitelli, 2 invisible), 93 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,182
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pete Casella and Frank Narducci #996786
09/11/20 12:26 PM
09/11/20 12:26 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
This question may have been answered in prior years; but what were Pete Casella and Frank Narducci thinking when they thought they could get away with planning the murder of Phil Testa??? Narducci was wealthy and a captain; but he had no crew I believe; Casella was a drug dealer and underboss; Why wasn’t he content in his position as #2 in the family.

I mean; They both know and saw firsthand what happened to Antonio Caponigro; Frank Sindone; and John Simone who all were involved in the Bruno hit. (Chickie Ciangalini may have been involved but I caught a lot of heat mentioning his name
In another topic)

I just don’t get it; What were Pete Casella and Narducci thinking and these guys were pretty much old timers who knew the rules. One more thing; Why did Phil Testa want a old 70 year old drug dealer as his underboss over Nicky Scarfo?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 09/11/20 12:30 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996792
09/11/20 06:24 PM
09/11/20 06:24 PM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
On Peter Casella, his financial situation, his position over the years and why Testa chose him as underboss:

- Casella came from a mafiosi family and his father, Salvatore, was an early member of the Philadelphia borgata
- Casella had been involved in drug dealing as far back as the 1930s
- He earned a reputation as a hit man
- When boss John Avena died, Casella took over part of his gambling operations
- Casella's own numbers operation spanned from Philadelphia to North and South Jersey
- By the 1950s Casella was identified as one of the top members of the family and reported direct to underboss Marco Reginelli
- Casella was said to be one of the few members who could authorise a murder
- He lived a very flashy lifestyle and was a frequent gambler
- His luck changed in the 1950s and he got into debt
- He began frequently drinking and was involved in scandals involving prostitutes and underage girls
- Casella then got back into heroin dealing (possibly being financed by Angelo Bruno and Antonio Pollina)
- Casella and some contacts from New York sold opium and heroin to undercover agents in 1958
- Casella was possibly trying to use drug money to become boss of the family
- Casella survived the 1950s due to his friendship with Angelo Bruno
- In 1959 he was sent to prison and served 17 years on drug charges
- While in prison he made more contacts with the New York families
- When Angelo Bruno was killed (according to Nick Caramandi), Casella used his contacts to set meetings up for Phil Testa in New York
- Casella was still broke at this time and felt he should have been made boss instead of Testa
- Testa then makes Casella the underboss to placate him
- According to Phil Leonetti, everyone was left scratchig their heads by Testa's decision
- Nicky Scarfo felt he should have been made underboss instead of Casella because of Casella's history as a drug dealer

Frank Narducci and the plot to kill Testa:

- According to Leonetti, Frank Narducci had plotted against Testa in the 1970s when he got into a feud with Angelo Bruno
- A plan was briefly floated to kill Testa and replace him as underboss with Narducci (this obviously never happened)
- According to Caramandi, Narducci was upset when Testa became boss because he expected to be made consigliere
- Casella, broke but with connections to New York, and Narducci, rich and ambitious, decided to kill Testa so that Casella could become the new boss
- According to Leonetti, the plan was for Casella to become the new boss and appoint Narducci as his underboss
- Narducci would then give Casella $1million so he could retire
- Narducci would then become the boss in his place
- Rocco Marinucci approached Teddy DiPietro to make the bomb, he explained that when Casella became the boss they (Marinucci and DiPietro) would run the family for him
- They used the nail bomb specifically to make it look like it came from outside of LCN (similiar to the later plan to kill John Gotti with a bomb so the Genovese and Luchese families could blame it on the zips)
- Casella and Narducci blamed Testa's murder on associate John Berkery, claiming he did it as revenge for the murder of popular roofer's union leader John McCullough (which had been ordered by Testa and Scarfo)
- Casella also had the backing of his brother-in-law and family capo John Cappello (though they weren't that close)
- Casella hoped that his connections to New York (and his fabricated story about Berkery) would be enough to get permission to become the new boss
- Scarfo instead reached out to Blackie Napoli to go arrange a meeting with Bobby Manna and the Genovese family
- Scarfo and Chuckie Merlino went to a meeting at Cappello's house where they told Casella of this meeting with the Genovese family
- Leonetti was holding Cappello as insurance at this time, and Scarfo believed that without that insurance he and Merlino would have been killed at the meeting with Casella
- Casella and Scarfo then went to New York to meet with Vincent Gigante
- Casella confessed but, thanks to his connections to a Genovese capo, was spared on the condition that he be put on the shelf and move to Florida
- Scarfo then became the new boss, Cappello was taken down, Narducci was killed, Casella died a few years later in Florida and his brother Anthony (who had been made in 1980) became a recluse and was also shelved

On Frank Narducci as a capo:

- Narducci most likely had a crew for reasons I'll lay out
- When Narducci was made in the 1960 he was assigned to Phil Testa (then a capo)
- Testa's crew consisted of Narducci, Frank Monte and a bunch of older guys
- In 1969, Narducci proposed John Grande to be made and Testa proposed Frank Iannarella Sr (these individuals, when straightened out, would therefore be assigned to Testa's crew)
- Then in the 1970s Testa becomes underboss and Narducci a capo
- It would not be an unreasonable assumption, therefore, that Narducci took over Testa's crew (which would mean he at least had Grande, Iannarella and Monte under him in the 1970s)
- Then in 1980 Salvatore Grande and Frank Narducci Jr are made, so they would likely go to Narducci Sr's crew
- Frank Monte is a capo by 1981 (perhaps running a new crew, perhaps he got Iannarella Sr and some of the younger guys or got a portion of John Simone's crew)
- When Scarfo and Merlino went to the meeting at Cappello's house, the individuals waiting for them were Narducci Sr, Peter Casella, Anthony Casella, John Grande, Joseph Grande and Rocco Marinucci
- The above would suggest that the Grandes were still part of Narducci's crew at that time
- Furthermore, when Narducci was killed his numbers operation was taken over by the Grandes
- Salvie Testa was promoted to capo after Narducci's murder and given a crew of younger guys that included Wayne Grande and Windows Narducci

On the possible involvement of Simone, Sindone and Ciancaglini in the Bruno murder:

- According to Caramandi, Ciancaglini was called to a meeting by Testa, Casella and Scarfo after the Bruno hit
- At that meeting, Ciancaglini convinced them that he hadn't been involved
- Personally, I don't think Ciancaglini was involved because there's also significant doubt over whether Simone, Stanfa or Sindone were involved
- According to Caramandi and Leonetti, Simone and Sindone were killed for their involvement in the Bruno murder
- Caramandi goes as far as to say that Caponigro was going to make Sindone his underboss
- According to George Fresolone, Simone, Stanfa and Sindone were not involved in the Bruno murder
- According to Fresolone, Stanfa could not have rolled down the window on Bruno's car because the vehicle did not have automatic windows
- Fresolone notes that Bruno rolled down the window himself on occassion while cruising around
- Stanfa was also not Bruno's regular driver and only volunteered to do so because Mario Riccobene was unavailable and Raymond Martorano made up an excuse
- Martorano later told Riccobene that he had been involved in Bruno's death
- According to Fresolone and Frank Friel, Sindone was the popular choice to take over the family after Bruno and was killed because of the threat he posed to Testa and Scarfo's leadership
- Fresolone stated that Caponigro planned to make Pasquale Martirano (who also had no knowledge of the murder) his underboss rather than Sindone
- Fresolone notes that the meeting Sindone, Simone and Stanfa went to New York for was to question them about the murder and, if the New York bosses felt they were involved they would have been killed
- Fresolone was instructed to get a gun and prepare for a hit in case it was decided that they should be killed that night
- According to Sammy Gravano, Simone was killed because he was plotting to take over the family
- Simone was angry at the Genovese family and blamed Gigante for the turmoil in Philadelphia, telling Gravano that he knew Gigante was behind Caponigro's plot
- Simone tried to get the support of the Gambino family and Cleveland
- Scarfo found out that Simone had been meeting with Gambino member Nicholas Russo in Trenton and accused the Gambinos of secretly siding with him
- The Commission then voted to kill Simone and gave the contract to the Gambino family
- Gravano, Louie Milito, Joe D'Angelo, Nick Russo and Joey Farinella then kidnapped and killed Simone

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996808
09/12/20 03:18 AM
09/12/20 03:18 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
The Chin knocked a lot of it on the head. I disagree on a few things, for starters John Stanfa was definitely involved, so was Simone and Sindone. The Genovese member that saved Casella life was Jerry Catena.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996809
09/12/20 05:01 AM
09/12/20 05:01 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The Chin knocked a lot of it on the head. I disagree on a few things, for starters John Stanfa was definitely involved, so was Simone and Sindone. The Genovese member that saved Casella life was Jerry Catena.

Hello Giacomo, I agree that as the driver Stanfa would have had to be in on it otherwise they would have clipped him too. He would have been obligated to go after them so they'd have shot him.

I also agree that Frank Sindone was involved (they said he ws part of the conspiracy). Possibly Simone was also, although he was related to Bruno wasn't he? So I'm not positive on Simone.

But I never heard that Catena was involved saving Casella's life in any way. shape, of form.

I'm interested where you would have gotten such information about Catena?

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/12/20 05:01 AM.
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996812
09/12/20 06:22 AM
09/12/20 06:22 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Another piece of information that makes me believe Stanfa might not have been involved was the fact that he very easily could have been killed himself and had to be hospitalised for his injuries. Considering that Martorano was Bruno's regular driver, admitted his involvement in the murder and made a very clear effort to get out of driving Bruno home that night, it looks like, from Martorano's perspective, it wasn't safe to be the one driving Bruno (i.e., consideration may not be taken to keep whoever was driving out of it). It also seems reasonable that the visit to Stanfa in the hospital could have been to just figure out what was going on or, if Simone and Sindone were involved, to tell him not to worry because he wasn't the target of the hit. Could be involved, could also not be. George Anastasia can't even say for sure whether Stanfa was involved.

Gravano also gave a very in depth description of the Simone murder, the motive behind it and his meetings with Simone. He places the motivation squarely behind Simone's attempts to take over the family rather than as revenge for the Bruno murder. Now, of course, that doesn't mean the two motives are mutually exclusive. There would also be an ulterior motive to kill Sindone given his popularity and the fact that, as soon as he was dead, his lucrative rackets were taken over by his killers.

My point would be that considering Fresolone, Gravano and Friel point to other motives it's conceivable there's more at play here than a straightforward conspiracy involving all the players. Leonetti and Caramandi could very well be right that Sindone and Simone were involved, though when you have three other sources offering a different story, something else could be going on.

At the end of the day, we'll probably never know for sure as everyone identified as a suspect is now dead apart from Stanfa.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996814
09/12/20 07:33 AM
09/12/20 07:33 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Chin-Gigante

Simone and Sindone were definitely involved in the Bruno murder. Why do you think they were murdered??

Chickie Ciancaglini may have not have been involved but he had to atleast know about it because he was close with Simone and Sindone.

New York wanted Chickie Ciancaglini murdered but Scarfo protected him and gave him a pass.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996822
09/12/20 09:43 AM
09/12/20 09:43 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Chin-Gigante

Simone and Sindone were definitely involved in the Bruno murder. Why do you think they were murdered??

Chickie Ciancaglini may have not have been involved but he had to atleast know about it because he was close with Simone and Sindone.

New York wanted Chickie Ciancaglini murdered but Scarfo protected him and gave him a pass.

The reasons for my doubts are laid out clearly in my previous two posts, in which I also identify ulterior motives for their murders - especially Simone. Raymond Martorano admitted his involvement in the Bruno murder and wasn't harmed. Ralph Napoli admitted to Leonetti that he had provided the weapon for the hit and he also wasn't harmed. According to Ralph Natale, Felix Bocchino and Anthony Ferrante were also involved in Bruno's murder and avoided being killed in retaliation. Not only did those guys survive but they were elevated by the new leadership (Napoli was promoted to captain; Martorano, Bocchino and Ferrante were all made). The only guys who got killed were Caponigro and then Simone and Sindone who both posed a clear threat to Testa's leadership. (And Freddie Salerno, but he was used as bait to lure Caponigro to the meeting in New York with Gigante's crew so he could be killed.)

Where did you see that New York wanted Ciancaglini killed? I have never seen this reported anywhere, just that he was brought before Testa, Casella and Scarfo to see if he was involved or not. If New York decided Ciancaglini should be killed then he would have been killed.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996846
09/13/20 06:55 AM
09/13/20 06:55 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
@NYMafia, that information is hear say but, because it came from the lips of a few top Genovese New Jersey members, I am inclined to believe it. Before Casella went a way, he was a big earner with connections with the Genovese crime family. After his release he became a brokster, but still had his connections.

Ciancaglini never met with New York. He went to a meeting with Scarfo, Testa, Casella, and Monte, where Scarfo told him that they squashed the beef New York had with in surrounding the Bruno hit.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #996849
09/13/20 09:01 AM
09/13/20 09:01 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

@NYMafia, that information is hear say but, because it came from the lips of a few top Genovese New Jersey members, I am inclined to believe it. Before Casella went a way, he was a big earner with connections with the Genovese crime family. After his release he became a brokster, but still had his connections.

Ciancaglini never met with New York. He went to a meeting with Scarfo, Testa, Casella, and Monte, where Scarfo told him that they squashed the beef New York had with in surrounding the Bruno hit.

If you heard it from somebody on the street then that's that. Good enough. I never heard that but I guess it is possible. Catena was still alive at that time and they both dealt in Jersey. You meet a lot of people in life and they may have become friendly along the way. So it's possible. Somebody saved him thats for sure because he walked away where Tony Bananas and Freddy Salerno did not.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: NYMafia] #996850
09/13/20 09:02 AM
09/13/20 09:02 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by NYMafia

If you heard it from somebody on the street then that's that. Good enough. I never heard that but I guess it is possible. Catena was still alive at that time and they both dealt in Jersey. You meet a lot of people in life and they may have become friendly along the way. So it's possible. Somebody saved him thats for sure because he walked away where Tony Bananas and Freddy Salerno did not.

I take it that you're from the NYC area then.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: NYMafia] #996865
09/13/20 07:46 PM
09/13/20 07:46 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
[quote=Giacomo_Vacari]@NYMafia, that information is hear say but, because it came from the lips of a few top Genovese New Jersey members, I am inclined to believe it. Before Casella went a way, he was a big earner with connections with the Genovese crime family. After his release he became a brokster, but still had his connections.

I take it that you're from the NYC area then.

If this would b a feud,..Chickie can be found almost any day in front of Stogie Joes on Passyshunk ave...go 2 the source & ask him...he's a nice guy..he may or may not answer u....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996866
09/13/20 07:55 PM
09/13/20 07:55 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Chickie Narducci was a multimillionaire but he wanted power. Pete Casella despite being underboss didn’t have a lot of money. I remember Leonetti days that when Phil Testa named him underboss the whole family was confused because he had just gotten out of prison for drug dealing. But Chickie offered to give him a few million dollars to take out Phil, name him underboss, the retire soon after which would leave Chickie as the new boss. Narducci didn’t understand that New York only has the power to name a new boss

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996868
09/13/20 08:07 PM
09/13/20 08:07 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Yes ,,This is true...Narducci was not satisfied ww/ $$s of Dollars..he wanted the power..Like Caramandi said.."greed gets u every time".

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996869
09/13/20 08:16 PM
09/13/20 08:16 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
There is a picture out there which had Chickie, Phil, Salvie, and Scarfo all together smiling. It’s crazy because Chickie killed a Phil, Salvie killed Chickie, and Scarfo killed Salvie. So much treachery in that world especially in the Philly mob

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996870
09/13/20 08:49 PM
09/13/20 08:49 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Johnny "Casablanca/Keys" Simone was not involved in the Bruno hit IMO. He was involved in conspiring to overthrow Testa because he knew the play made by the Genovese to control Philly by proxy. That's why Simone reached out to Gambino Boss Paul Castellano. Trying to get Philly back under the Gambino Wing like his cousin Bruno. Big Paul was oblivious to the Genovese double cross I guess and had Johnny Keys set up for the hit.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: ColonelReb] #996874
09/13/20 10:15 PM
09/13/20 10:15 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Casablanca???Where what com from?

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996882
09/14/20 04:56 AM
09/14/20 04:56 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
? That's a new one to me.

Casella had a lot of powerful friends which by the time he was released, a lot of them were dead, locked up or retired, and young guys or guys he never met took over so he really had nothing.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: hoodlum] #996927
09/15/20 05:57 AM
09/15/20 05:57 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
? That's a new one to me.

Casella had a lot of powerful friends which by the time he was released, a lot of them were dead, locked up or retired, and young guys or guys he never met took over so he really had nothing.

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Casablanca???Where what com from?

FBI files from way back. Johnny Simone was called Johnny Casablanca. It was pronounced like Johnny "Kays a Blanca. Shortened to Johnny Kays and eventually he was famously known as Johnny Keys. Didn't have shit to do with no keys. It was just a shortened nickname for Johnny Casablanca. I've got the documents if you have want to review them.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #996928
09/15/20 06:09 AM
09/15/20 06:09 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
I don't just make shit up. I'm sure by the time Gravano got the contract on him in the early 80s everyone knew him as Johnny Keys. It was pronounced like keys I'm sure but it was a shorthand form of Cas as in Casablanca. Remember a lot of guys pronounced Gaspipes last name as Kase 0. Not Kass O.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=132534&relPageId=322&search=%22John_Simone%22

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: ColonelReb] #996933
09/15/20 07:40 AM
09/15/20 07:40 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Yes Colonel you are correct. He was also known as Johnny Casablanca. Many guys have had duel nicknames over the years. He's not alone.

But Casablanca was one of his handles for sure.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: NYMafia] #996941
09/15/20 01:47 PM
09/15/20 01:47 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Yes Colonel you are correct. He was also known as Johnny Casablanca. Many guys have had duel nicknames over the years. He's not alone.

. Agreed. Plenty of mobsters have multiple nicknames. For example before Gotti became known as the Dapper/Teflon Don he was simply known as “Johnny Boy”

Last edited by JCrusher; 09/15/20 01:48 PM.
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: JCrusher] #996950
09/15/20 08:19 PM
09/15/20 08:19 PM
L
Lenox Offline
Underboss
Lenox  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

. Agreed. Plenty of mobsters have multiple nicknames. For example before Gotti became known as the Dapper/Teflon Don he was simply known as “Johnny Boy”

Nobody and i mean nobody ever called Gotti the dapper or teflon don except the media. He was called john or johnny. He was called johnny boy by some when he was young.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Lenox] #996952
09/15/20 09:31 PM
09/15/20 09:31 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lenox

Nobody and i mean nobody ever called Gotti the dapper or teflon don except the media. He was called john or johnny. He was called johnny boy by some when he was young

Wow you totally misinterpreted bigtime. I NEVER said he was called The Dapper/Teflon Don by fellow mobsters. Johnny Boy was still a nickname that was used in the 70’s for him by the FBI and other mobsters

Last edited by JCrusher; 09/15/20 09:35 PM.
Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Lenox] #996979
09/17/20 05:00 AM
09/17/20 05:00 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

Nobody and i mean nobody ever called Gotti the dapper or teflon don except the media. He was called john or johnny. He was called johnny boy by some when he was young.

He was probably called Johnny Boy when he was older too. Maybe not to his face but when they were referring to him on conversation. I've got an 86 year old uncle that we still refer to as "K Boy". I don't walk up to him and say "what's going on K Boy, how ya doing", but when I talk to family members and friends I'll say "Hey how is K Boy doing, what's he up to?". You're partially right in that only the media wrote about the TeflonDon and the Dapper Don monikers. That was just to sell newspapers IMO.

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: ColonelReb] #996988
09/17/20 02:27 PM
09/17/20 02:27 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by ColonelReb

He was probably called Johnny Boy when he was older too. Maybe not to his face but when they were referring to him on conversation. I've got an 86 year old uncle that we still refer to as "K Boy". I don't walk up to him and say "what's going on K Boy, how ya doing", but when I talk to family members and friends I'll say "Hey how is K Boy doing, what's he up to?". You're partially right in that only the media wrote about the TeflonDon and the Dapper Don monikers. That was just to sell newspapers IMO

Agreed. He was still referred to Johnny Boy. Also I never said that any mobsters refers to him as The Teflon Don. I was talking about the media who referred to him as that

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: ColonelReb] #997001
09/17/20 07:39 PM
09/17/20 07:39 PM
S
southshorekid Offline
Made Member
southshorekid  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
I don't just make shit up. I'm sure by the time Gravano got the contract on him in the early 80s everyone knew him as Johnny Keys. It was pronounced like keys I'm sure but it was a shorthand form of Cas as in Casablanca. Remember a lot of guys pronounced Gaspipes last name as Kase 0. Not Kass O.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=132534&relPageId=322&search=%22John_Simone%22

Yeah that is accurate and I don’t think he had anything to do with Angelo Bruno getting shot either

Re: Pete Casella and Frank Narducci [Re: Zavattoni] #997009
09/18/20 05:11 AM
09/18/20 05:11 AM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss

Touche. I get what you're saying crusher. I only said you were partially wrong in that you said he was called Johnny Boy in his younger days, but I get what you meant by it now.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull