GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 142 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,186
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo #996585
09/05/20 08:00 PM
09/05/20 08:00 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

“The Boot of Livingston...The Life and Times of Ruggiero Boiardo”

One of the most sadistic mafiosi to ever operate in New Jersey was Ruggiero Boiardo, aka “Richie the Boot”

Vicious, cruel and feared were three well-worn adjectives used to describe him. Boiardo’s macabre mentality and bloody activities put the fear of God in many a fellow racketeer...here is his story!

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/ruggiero-boiardo/

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996587
09/05/20 08:11 PM
09/05/20 08:11 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

I hope you guys enjoy this one..... I know I did

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996623
09/06/20 02:13 PM
09/06/20 02:13 PM
S
SonnyD Offline
Made Member
SonnyD  Offline
S
Made Member
So much incorrect info is hard to know where to start

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996625
09/06/20 03:05 PM
09/06/20 03:05 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Sonny how about pointing out the incorrect info, instead of empty criticism. Nymafia usually is pretty accurate and when they’re not, they accept constructive critism and corrections. I’d like to know for one what’s not accurate since I’m interested in the boots history.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996633
09/06/20 06:49 PM
09/06/20 06:49 PM
S
SonnyD Offline
Made Member
SonnyD  Offline
S
Made Member
Well first of all he wasn't inducted in to the Genovese until at least 1947 when the books were reopend since they were closed in 1931. Also his regime was relatively small, around a dozen made members at most,as a cursory search on say Mary ferrell will show. He may of course had a larger crew of unmade guys. The information on Moretti is equally misinformed.
Try looking this stuff up yourself.

Last edited by SonnyD; 09/06/20 06:51 PM. Reason: missing word
Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: SonnyD] #996639
09/06/20 08:53 PM
09/06/20 08:53 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by SonnyD
Well first of all he wasn't inducted in to the Genovese until at least 1947 when the books were reopend since they were closed in 1931. Also his regime was relatively small, around a dozen made members at most,as a cursory search on say Mary ferrell will show. He may of course had a larger crew of unmade guys. The information on Moretti is equally misinformed.
Try looking this stuff up yourself.

-------
Sonny, I don't know what you are saying is correct. In fact you obviously didn't read my bio on him closely enough to be able to clearly speak about what I wrote.

Boiardo had a HUGE crew. As I stated over the years many, many future leaders started out under his tutelage (I provided a list). And I don't really care what MF says. They are an excellent source, but they certainly are not the end all on intel regarding the mafia. Also, their info only covers certain time periods. And typically by the late 1960s into the early 1970s if you notice the info stops on MF.

I also stated that after the Castellammarese War many non-Sicilains were brought into the fold. I believe he was brought in early. But what I clearly stated was that by the late 1930s early 1940s he was one of the major POWERS in the Northern New Jersey area. That phrase and paragraph I wrote is 101% percent accurate.

He was a MAJOR POWER. Whether he was indeed "made" in that particular era, or a little later is of little consequence. Because He ruled over a gang of vicious hoodlums (many of whom would indeed go on to become made men), that he was a major force and power regardless of his "official" status. Understand?

But as I also clearly stated, many Calabrese and Napolitani (of which he was one) were brought into the fold later on. But regardless, Boiardo (with or without the button) was such a major force on his own. He ran a large, tough crew. That was a major reason why he was inducted. As I said, if they didn't they would have to "fight him or make him".

What makes you so certain that Boiardo WAS NOT inducted during the 1930s along with Vito Genovese, Costello, Moretti, and the rest?

As you mentioned and I agreed with you, there was a period after the mass "makings" of the 1930s that the books were closed until the 1940s. But what makes you so certain that Richie Boiardo (of all people) was not made during those early years along with other top members?

Please show me the "proof" one way or the other!

I never claimed to know the exact year he was inducted, that is why the story was worded the way I worded it... So really, what you are doing is putting words into my mouth that I never even spoke. Am I correct here?

But I will even play the devils advocate here and say that he very well may have been "made" in the 1930s. Boiardo certainly had enough of a giant mob "footprint" in New Jersey by that time to have well warranted to be "made". So it is extremely possible, and even probable that they pinched his finger back then.

But it's really a matter of semantics if you ask me. Because as I stated earlier he was a Cammorista leader already of his "faction", and the making was more symbolic IMO than anything else. Remember that before entering Cosa Nostra, most of these non-Sicilian fellas were affiliated in one form or another with the Camorra.
---
As years passed, aside from Jerry Catena, Boiardo (in my estimation, backed by much intel I might add) was THE major "capo" in New Jersey for the Genovese crew for many years. And he did inherit many of Moretti's men after Willie was killed. And Moretti did indeed have a huge crew until it was broken up by Vito and dispersed among Vito's loyalists (of which Boiardo was certainly a top one).

PS: In fact, it was said that Moretti had one of the largest regimes of the whole family. A "small army within an army" was how several mafiosi referred to it as. Valachi was one of them if I remember correctly.
---------------
So I just don't understand. Where did I go wrong in my assessment of him? (or his crew for that matter). By all means please elaborate for us. .

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/06/20 09:14 PM.
Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996642
09/06/20 10:21 PM
09/06/20 10:21 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
NYMafia, nice job on the Boot bio.Talk about a mobster's mobster! He's the kind of guy I wish they would make a movie about. With all of his experiences, his place in Mob lore,and a hell of a roster of associates,the right script and some decent casting could easily produce one of the best films to date. Of course, if they give in and go with the "Hollywood Treatment" we'll wind up with another piece of crap like Donnie Brasco,The Irishman,or any Gotti movie. In fact, any Gotti movie sold should come with a refund coupon and a postage paid return envelope.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: Lou_Para] #996643
09/06/20 10:54 PM
09/06/20 10:54 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
In fact, any Gotti movie sold should come with a refund coupon and a postage paid return envelope.

clap

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: Lou_Para] #996645
09/06/20 11:30 PM
09/06/20 11:30 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NYMafia, nice job on the Boot bio.Talk about a mobster's mobster! He's the kind of guy I wish they would make a movie about. With all of his experiences, his place in Mob lore,and a hell of a roster of associates,the right script and some decent casting could easily produce one of the best films to date. Of course, if they give in and go with the "Hollywood Treatment" we'll wind up with another piece of crap like Donnie Brasco,The Irishman,or any Gotti movie. In fact, any Gotti movie sold should come with a refund coupon and a postage paid return envelope.

LOL.......now THAT was funny! And I mean like Ha! Ha! Funny!

Lou I thank you for your support of me, and I'm very glad that you did find my piece on Boiardo a good read.

Of all the fellas I've written about I don't know why I never wrote about him earlier. (I certainly remember reading all about him as a young guy). He was a half a screw ball, and a very dangerous guy. And I do agree that done correctly, a movie about Boiardo would be a show stopper!

Thanks again for the vote of confidence. I greatly appreciate it.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996680
09/08/20 01:21 PM
09/08/20 01:21 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Watching a PBS documentary and they mentioned his son....I wonder what became of Boiardo’s son who was the heir apparent into the life.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #996682
09/08/20 02:39 PM
09/08/20 02:39 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by ItalianIrishMix
Watching a PBS documentary and they mentioned his son....I wonder what became of Boiardo’s son who was the heir apparent into the life.

If memory serves me correctly, Tony Boy Boiardo died before his dad did. If not before, then he died shortly thereafter. I know for certainly that he didn't live nearly as long as the old man did. I believe he was only in his 60s when he passed.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996686
09/08/20 04:36 PM
09/08/20 04:36 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by NYMafia

If memory serves me correctly, Tony Boy Boiardo died before his dad did. If not before, then he died shortly thereafter. I know for certainly that he didn't live nearly as long as the old man did. I believe he was only in his 60s when he passed.

Yes,Tony Boy died at 62 y in 1978 while his father died in 1984.
Very sad to survive to his own son.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 09/08/20 04:36 PM.
Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: furio_from_naples] #996688
09/08/20 04:45 PM
09/08/20 04:45 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Yes,Tony Boy died at 62 y in 1978 while his father died in 1984.
Very sad to survive to his own son.

Thanks Furio. Yes, that is a curse that breaks a parents heart. Nobody wants to outlive your kids. Even a merciless killer like a Richie Boiardo

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996690
09/08/20 05:05 PM
09/08/20 05:05 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Nymafia, first off your articles are always well written, that’s why I asked Sonnyd to point out specifically the “so much incorrect info” knowing he couldn’t because I researched the boot in depth and your article was quite accurate. His snide comment to me to research it my self said it all. Anyway keep up the good articles we enjoy them. Secondly, tony boy was not well liked at all by the boots crew/family. He was considered the same as gotta jr. his fathers son and all that came with it. He died young of a heart attack. The house in Livingston is gated, chained and empty now (as far as I know) it’s owned by his grandson a well respected doctor. I wonder if the incinerator is still there. The story is he burned his enemies in it in his backyard.The boot is an underrated mob leader. That’s why on another thread I named him as one of my favorite least known longest lasting bosses. St. Lucy church owes him a ton of thanks too by the way

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: majicrat] #996693
09/08/20 06:00 PM
09/08/20 06:00 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by majicrat
Nymafia, first off your articles are always well written, that’s why I asked Sonnyd to point out specifically the “so much incorrect info” knowing he couldn’t because I researched the boot in depth and your article was quite accurate. His snide comment to me to research it my self said it all. Anyway keep up the good articles we enjoy them. Secondly, tony boy was not well liked at all by the boots crew/family. He was considered the same as gotta jr. his fathers son and all that came with it. He died young of a heart attack. The house in Livingston is gated, chained and empty now (as far as I know) it’s owned by his grandson a well respected doctor. I wonder if the incinerator is still there. The story is he burned his enemies in it in his backyard.The boot is an underrated mob leader. That’s why on another thread I named him as one of my favorite least known longest lasting bosses. St. Lucy church owes him a ton of thanks too by the way

Thanks for backing me up majicrat. I appreciate your confidence in me and what I write. I do always try to be as accurate as possible.I take pride in what I do and wanna do it right...but of course nobody is infallible.

I agree on Tony Boy. He was viewed with a certain contempt as the bosses son, and "tolerated" IMO. Not a jerk off, but he was no "star" either.

I didn't realize that the estate was still in the Boiardo family. Gated and abandoned? Wow. Glad to hear that the Boiardo kids rose to become something better than their grandfather.... progress and the American dream I guess. Lol

I also agree that in the annals of organized crime history, Boiardo is a very underrated figure.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: majicrat] #996695
09/08/20 06:55 PM
09/08/20 06:55 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

And this is the other half of NYM here - in my own "macabre" way, I find that mansion and grounds of his absolutely fascinating.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996699
09/08/20 07:13 PM
09/08/20 07:13 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
You can drive around the back which is now a community, look through the gates and get a good view of the mansion. The front gate had the busts of the boot still there until a few years ago

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: majicrat] #996701
09/08/20 07:56 PM
09/08/20 07:56 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

You can drive around the back which is now a community, look through the gates and get a good view of the mansion. The front gate had the busts of the boot still there until a few years ago

Very interesting. I wonder if they'd let you roast marshmellows on the fire pit or incinerator? LOL

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996708
09/08/20 10:24 PM
09/08/20 10:24 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Hey guys I think you're gonna shit. (I know I almost did) Lol... I just discovered what I believe to be a wealth of additional information and intel on Boiardo.

It'll take me a few days at least to go through everything, but I believe I may be able to do an "expanded" biography of The Boot, or maybe even a Part #2 if there's enough.

Since you have expressed such interest on Boiardo, I'm certainly gonna try ok.

And I'll keep you guys up to speed on it.

Re: The Boot of Livingston - Ruggiero Boiardo [Re: NYMafia] #996722
09/09/20 01:34 PM
09/09/20 01:34 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Look forward to it!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull