GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,275
Posts1,057,651
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Commission meetings #995246
08/08/20 07:37 PM
08/08/20 07:37 PM
N
Njein Offline OP
Capo
Njein  Offline OP
N
Capo
Other than the 1957 Apalachin Summit, the 1984 meeting at a house owned by Tommy Bilotti's cousin, and a 2000 meeting presided by Joe Massino, is there a comprehensive list of Commission meetings?

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995247
08/08/20 08:03 PM
08/08/20 08:03 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
There was another commission at a Resteraunt or pizzaria called Bari. I think it was in the 1980's.

Gerry Langella and Donny Shacks Montemerano represented the Colombo's.

Paul Castellano and Joe N Gallo represented the Gambino's.

Anthony Corallo and Salvatore 'Tom Mix' Santoro represented the Lucchese's.

Vincent Gigante and Fat Tony Salerno represented the Genovese's.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 08/08/20 08:04 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995249
08/08/20 08:17 PM
08/08/20 08:17 PM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
In terms of post-Commission case, there were meetings in 1988, 1993 and 2000.

1988 meeting:
Vincent Gigante and Venero Mangano representing the Genovese family
John Gotti and Salvatore Gravano representing the Gambino family
Vittorio Amuso and Anthony Casso representing the Luchese family

1993 meeting:
Liborio Bellomo and Michele Generoso representing the Genovese family
Peter Gotti and Nicholas Corozzo representing the Gambino family
Joseph DeFede and Steven Crea representing the Luchese family
Salvatore Vitale, Anthony Graziano and Gerlando Sciascia representing the Bonanno family
Andrew Russo representing the Persico faction of the Colombo family
Vincenzo Aloi representing the Orena faction of the Colombo family

2000 meeting:
Lawrence Dentico representing the Genovese family
Peter Gotti representing the Gambino family
Louis Daidone representing the Luchese family
Joseph Massino and Salvatore Vitale representing the Bonanno family
Joel Cacace representing the Colombo family

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995251
08/08/20 08:19 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
I actually met all three of the Pittsburgh guys that went to Apalachin meeting. In fact I knew one of them reasonably well.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995252
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In October 2017, Domenico Violi of the Luppino crime family in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada was heard to have been named underboss of the Buffalo crime family on wiretaps; this revealed the most recent activity of The Commission.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995259
08/08/20 10:12 PM
08/08/20 10:12 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Actually commission meetings?
1931- Chicago.
1936- New York, upstate New York, Genovese member's horse farm.
1941- New Jersey.
1943- Emergency Meeting, ?
1946- Chicago. The Havana Conference was not a Commission meeting, but important topics were discussed there.
1950- Emergency meeting Miami, Florida.
1951- New York, The Village. It is vague and could be any number of locations, but definitely near New York City or in one of the boroughs.
1956- Joe Barbara house South West New York. The 1957 meeting was not a commission meeting, but an important meeting for all the families since the turmoil in New York City, Frank Costello, Frank Scalise, and Albert Anastasia.
1959- Emergency meeting, New Jersey, Angelo Bruno installed as boss of Philadelphia.
1961- Unknown, the last time all Commission members meeting in one place at the same time, except for Vito Genovese who was locked up.
1966- New York, Lucchese members beach house, and Detroit. Chicagos Tony Accardo, and Salvatore Battaglia, fill in for Sam Giancana. Gaspare DiGregorio represented the Bonannos, but was removed from acting boss and Paul Sciacca was installed.
1971- Chicago, and New York.
1974/1975- Special meeting, New York City
1976- California, New York City.

There are alot of mini commission meetings and 1978 to 1980 was hectic. Then you had Paul Castellano calling for commission meetings for trivial things mainly construction projects.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995261
08/08/20 11:25 PM
08/08/20 11:25 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I thought there was also a Commission meeting in 1982. Mostly pertaining to drugs in particular Gambino soldier Little Pete Tambone. The Commission was voting on whether or not to kill him for drug dealing but ended up in a deadlock vote and he was put on the shelf. When Gotti took over in 86 he reinstated Tambone

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #995270
08/09/20 05:07 AM
08/09/20 05:07 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
I actually met all three of the Pittsburgh guys that went to Apalachin meeting. In fact I knew one of them reasonably well.

I read that it was only two guys from Pittsburgh that went to Apalachin - Michael "Mike" Genovese and Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino. Which one do you know?

Last edited by Neo; 08/09/20 05:07 AM.
Re: Commission meetings [Re: JCrusher] #995272
08/09/20 05:09 AM
08/09/20 05:09 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher
I thought there was also a Commission meeting in 1982. Mostly pertaining to drugs in particular Gambino soldier Little Pete Tambone. The Commission was voting on whether or not to kill him for drug dealing but ended up in a deadlock vote and he was put on the shelf. When Gotti took over in 86 he reinstated Tambone

Why would Paul Castellano need permission from the Commission to kill a soldier in his own family?

Last edited by Neo; 08/09/20 05:10 AM.
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Neo] #995276
08/09/20 08:08 AM
08/09/20 08:08 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

I read that it was only two guys from Pittsburgh that went to Apalachin - Michael "Mike" Genovese and Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino. Which one do you know?

I spent quite a few deer seasons with Michael at Jo Jo's hunting camp, Charlies Roost in Tionesta,Pa. Zebo introduced me to Kelly one year when we went to pick up several boxes of his Catoris chocolate candy. Zebo also introduced me to John LaRocca at a visit to Keystone Vending one time.

My understanding has always been that all 3 went to Apalacin but only Michael and Kelly went to the farm as John stayed back at the motel. John wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up before he went to the farm house thus he never got caught up in the raid only Michael and Kelly did.

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 08/09/20 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Neo] #995278
08/09/20 08:45 AM
08/09/20 08:45 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

Why would Paul Castellano need permission from the Commission to kill a soldier in his own family?

Like I said it wasn’t just that one issue but Paul did bring it to the Commission.

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #995296
08/09/20 04:00 PM
08/09/20 04:00 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

I spent quite a few deer seasons with Michael at Jo Jo's hunting camp, Charlies Roost in Tionesta,Pa. Zebo introduced me to Kelly one year when we went to pick up several boxes of his Catoris chocolate candy. Zebo also introduced me to John LaRocca at a visit to Keystone Vending one time.

My understanding has always been that all 3 went to Apalacin but only Michael and Kelly went to the farm as John stayed back at the motel. John wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up before he went to the farm house thus he never got caught up in the raid only Michael and Kelly did.

Deer hunting eh? I would have felt a little apprehensive being driven out into the middle of nowhere and taken into the woods by two armed mobsters.

I say this slightly with tongue in cheek; but did Zebo introduce you to 'Kelly' and LaRocca as a friend of mine......as in "a friend of mine"?

Re: Commission meetings [Re: JCrusher] #995297
08/09/20 04:07 PM
08/09/20 04:07 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

Like I said it wasn’t just that one issue but Paul did bring it to the Commission.

I did a little research and it turns out Tambone was well connected with the other families somehow, probably through joint business ventures or may be he just had friends in high places. The Commission vote was apparently 2 - 2 dead locked so it was decided to put him on the shelf, this was in 1982.

Last edited by Neo; 08/09/20 04:08 PM.
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995299
08/09/20 05:32 PM
08/09/20 05:32 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Tambone did a lot of business with the other families, and was known to grease the wheels. That is why Castellano brought up the matter with the Commission, cause even though he was a soldier in the Gambino family and Paul had the right to order him killed, doing so without notifying the other families that Tambone was heavy with would result in a lot of headaches, and Castellano would have to honor Tambone commitments in joint businesses with the other families. Remember by this time, Castellano became greedy with money, and he didnt want to give away money if he didn't have to. Gotti took Tambone off the shelf since Pete was a mentor to some of the Bergin crew, and it is possible that Tambone may have been part of Gaggi crew, but he was tight with 5 Gambino crews, plus with Christy Tic, Gennaro Langella, Alphonse Persico, and was close to the French Connection crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Neo] #995300
08/09/20 05:36 PM
08/09/20 05:36 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Neo

Deer hunting eh? I would have felt a little apprehensive being driven out into the middle of nowhere and taken into the woods by two armed mobsters.

I say this slightly with tongue in cheek; but did Zebo introduce you to 'Kelly' and LaRocca as a friend of mine......as in "a friend of mine"?

Hell more than 2 armed mobsters. How 'bout Jo Jo Pecora and Charlie Murgie? Not to mention an occasional few from New York.
As you may know being introduced as a "a friend of mine" is exactly that "his friend" as opposed to "a friend of ours" indicating that you're part of the Family".

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995301
08/09/20 07:21 PM
08/09/20 07:21 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
[Linked Image]

Speaking of Tambone here he is with John Gotti outside the Ravenite On April 10, 1979

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #995322
08/10/20 04:32 AM
08/10/20 04:32 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Hell more than 2 armed mobsters. How 'bout Jo Jo Pecora and Charlie Murgie? Not to mention an occasional few from New York.
As you may know being introduced as a "a friend of mine" is exactly that "his friend" as opposed to "a friend of ours" indicating that you're part of the Family".

I didn't know there was a few mobsters that liked deer hunting. I always thought of them as hardcore city dwelling folk.

"A friend of mine" means a connected guy, as in a person that is on record with a family.

Last edited by Neo; 08/10/20 04:34 AM.
Re: Commission meetings [Re: Neo] #995323
08/10/20 07:03 AM
08/10/20 07:03 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo

I didn't know there was a few mobsters that liked deer hunting. I always thought of them as hardcore city dwelling folk.

"A friend of mine" means a connected guy, as in a person that is on record with a family.

Hell these guys went up to camp in the spring for Small Game season. How many of them actually hunted, well that another matter :-)

We're going to disagree on "A friend of mine" and "A friend of ours". We're allowed to disagree. Unfortunately we use neither definition today.

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995328
08/10/20 10:11 AM
08/10/20 10:11 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
F.O.H, I always look forward to hearing about your experiences with some of the more "colorful" personalities. As I've mentioned in earlier posts,I'm from the Western Pa area and have relatives that did a fair amount of business, mostly in Mckees Rocks and surrounding area. I go back to when a certain Video Gaming entrepreneur washed dishes at a local 24 hr diner (the actual name was the Del-Kid, but everyone called it greasy Gus's), and remember when my Dad and Uncle got a call from Tony's people telling them not to pay off on the 666 number. I've had occasion to meet and chat with some of the bigger players in the area,but mostly on a "hello,nice to meet you" social basis. Your level of access and the memories you share are fascinating,but I do have a sneaking suspicion that the best stories are the ones that you are too discreet (and respectful) to put out on a public forum.

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Njein] #995333
08/10/20 01:57 PM
08/10/20 01:57 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Lou, it's always a pleasure to hear from you. I knew a couple of Video Gaming entrepreneurs in your area and beyond. In addition to Kelly, Henry had a piece of a smaller vending machine operation. Believe it or not I also recall and I believe it was Jo Jo spreading the word one year at camp about 666. I'm not sure if JCB posted one of my pictures showing a Samson briefcase full of $20.s from their numbers' operation one week and it might have been the 666 week they got down with some other non cooperative BMs.

Additionally thank you for understanding my need and teaching to be discreet. One of the many virtues Charlie taught me.

Last edited by Friend_of_Henry; 08/10/20 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #995338
08/10/20 04:00 PM
08/10/20 04:00 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Lou, it's always a pleasure to hear from you. I knew a couple of Video Gaming entrepreneurs in your area and beyond. In addition to Kelly, Henry had a piece of a smaller vending machine operation. Believe it or not I also recall and I believe it was Jo Jo spreading the word one year at camp about 666. I'm not sure if JCB posted one of my pictures showing a Samson briefcase full of $20.s from their numbers' operation one week and it might have been the 666 week they got down with some other non cooperative BMs.

Additionally thank you for understanding my need and teaching to be discreet. One of the many virtues Charlie taught me.

The 666 debacle was a major deal in this area. I actually go back to the pre-legal lottery days. Back then,you could play a number 4 different ways. There was the Old Stock, New Stock,and two different horse races that all determined the winning 3 digit number. I can remember people calling and placing bets for nickles. "Gimme 10 cents straight and 10 around (box bet)" A hundred fifty bucks was a pretty nice size hit. As far as the Video Gaming,my guy was the one that Zebo (and a few others) partnered up with to do business "on the reservation"

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Neo] #995339
08/10/20 04:01 PM
08/10/20 04:01 PM
N
Njein Offline OP
Capo
Njein  Offline OP
N
Capo
Originally Posted by Neo

With regards to Joe Bonanno, he claimed he wasn't at Apalachin in self-serving book, but a police report contradicts his statement. Does anybody find this odd?

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Lou_Para] #995340
08/10/20 04:37 PM
08/10/20 04:37 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lou_Para

The 666 debacle was a major deal in this area. I actually go back to the pre-legal lottery days. Back then,you could play a number 4 different ways. There was the Old Stock, New Stock,and two different horse races that all determined the winning 3 digit number. I can remember people calling and placing bets for nickles. "Gimme 10 cents straight and 10 around (box bet)" A hundred fifty bucks was a pretty nice size hit. As far as the Video Gaming,my guy was the one that Zebo (and a few others) partnered up with to do business "on the reservation"

In the early years of going to camp it was just like you said: 4 different ways. Henry partnered with Jo Jo Tabasco in J&Z Vending out of McKees Rocks. Sound familiar?

Re: Commission meetings [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #995345
08/10/20 07:37 PM
08/10/20 07:37 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Originally Posted by Lou_Para

In the early years of going to camp it was just like you said: 4 different ways. Henry partnered with Jo Jo Tabasco in J&Z Vending out of McKees Rocks. Sound familiar?

I also remember that most of the jukes were Keystone or, in other areas S&S vending. I could go on for hours about some of the more memorable people who operated on the fringes of the big time.Western PA was like a petri dish of various "Cultures" (pun intended).We had Gesuale,Bricker,Joe Gaito (the chicken hill bandit), half the Mckees Rocks PD and political struture.Bobby Mancini.and of course .the Royal Flush of personality Poker - "Tex Gill"

Last edited by Lou_Para; 08/10/20 07:37 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull