GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 113 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study #994211
07/21/20 02:06 PM
07/21/20 02:06 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
I'm not trying to glorify the mafia; or certain individuals; but I would like to know for us mafia people. Who are your favorite guys to read about or study? Would love a brief synopsis (Description) beside each one. It doesn't have to be in order. (Top 15)

1. Anthony Scotto - Guy was a captain in the Gambino's and involved in the ILA union. He had powerful political connections and was once considered for an administration position in Jimmy Carter's administration. He's completely legitimate today and respected.

2. Joseph Ciancaglini - Was one of the last guys who was inducted under Angelo Bruno; Possibly involved in the Bruno murder.... NY wanted to whack him but he got saved by Scarfo. Survived a 30+ year prison sentence.... He's still around today.

3. Sonny Franzese - Legend (No comment)

4. Tom DiBella - Was Carmine Persico's Acting boss; and a low scrutinized figure.

5. Anthony Corallo - His reign had no opposition; He was a good boss for the most part; His main scrutiny is him listening to Cristopher Furnari and putting Amuso and Casso as head of the family

6. Rosario Gambino - Seemingly untouchable.... Dealing drugs in Philly's territory; Angelo Bruno was getting tribute; etc..

6. Joseph Armone - Served 5 bosses; Never ratted and was loyal

7. Gregory Scarpa - How he was able to operate as a mafia guy and informant for so long. I have no idea...

8. Philip Lombardo - One of the best bosses in LCN history

9. Carmine Galante - Ruthless guy; Thought he could betray his old friend Rastelli; It ended up twisting around on him (1979 murder)

10. Mike Salerno - Well respected captain in the Bronx for the Lucchese"s; Shame he was murdered. (Casso/Amuso)

11. Nino Gaggi - Old school LCN

12. Vincent Gigante (Legend)

13. Nicholas Santora - Would like to know more about him; He died in 2018 but he was buddies with some of the old guys (Massino; Mike Sabella; Lefty Ruggiero; etc)

14. Anthony Accetturo - Captain of the NJ Lucchese faction; Close to Tony Ducks. Informant once his life was in danger.

15. Harry Riccobene - Tough old fart lol; Didn't mind getting in a war with Scarfo.

Honorable mention
1. Mike Pappadio
2. Anthony Anastasio
3. Micheal Zaffarano
4. Albert Gallo
5. Thomas Eboli

Ther are others I want to mention but this is just a list on the top of my head. Would love to hear everyone's top 15.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/21/20 02:20 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994213
07/21/20 04:27 PM
07/21/20 04:27 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
He was a great boss for the most part..The fact that they have no mobsters episodes on him show that he stayed under the radar as much as he could and was very successful...He just happened to be one of the first nailed with bugs in a car or home..And Casso wasn't the psycho he became when Corallo appointed him

5. Anthony Corallo - His reign had no opposition; He was a good boss for the most part; His main scrutiny is him listening to Cristopher Furnari and putting Amuso and Casso as head of the family

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994221
07/21/20 09:53 PM
07/21/20 09:53 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
In no particular order
1.) Frank Costello- a classy guy with political connections bootlegged liquor with Joe Kennedy, lived at Waldorf Astoria. Had inhibitions about being a criminal and saw a psychiatrist. And "pay my tax"

2.) Tommy Lucchesse- same with the political connections, a very slick machiavellian. Involved in Maranzano hit, had a smooth relationship with Gagliano. Schooled Santo Trafficante and was the real puppeteer behind Don Carlo.

3.) Little David Petillo- "ran" brothels for Luciano. Was a cross-dresser, started doing hits as a teen dressed as a girl. Did hits all over the country, a feared little guy with a interesting reputation. Killed his more psychopathic partner Charlie Gagliodotto (think it spelled right)

4.) Tom Gagliano- the fact that he is such a mysterious figure makes him interesting. Guy was a boss in NY for 20yrs no problems. Ran black market rackets, mentored Tommy Lucchesse

5.) Joe Bonnano- I think this goes without saying for me lol
But in my opinion (because of the amount of info true and false) he represents everything (the very best and very worse) of what a true Mafioso and Cosa Nostra is. I'm fine with being in the minority on him but hey the Castellamarese is a tight club.

6.) Paul Castellano- another guy with alot of info, thats mainly negative but taking away the personal stuff, very wealthy powerful legitimate business guy. People forget that beside Don Carlo, he did have his immediate family power to draw from.

7.) Vincent Gigante- one of the most interesting guys. A criminal mastermind IMO. Started as a bodyguard for Genovese, the Costello botch (surprised Chin survived that). Ran Greenwich village, then "secretly" ran the mighty Genovese family in a bathrob

8.) Nicky Scarfo- pure psychopath (WAY too trigger happy for my taste) but his history is fascinating. I think besides the killing, he's underrated as a boss. Had more control then Bruno, strong connections to the West Side and Gambinos.

9.) Frank Garofalo- Longtime underboss for Bonanno, involved in the hit on Carlo Tresca, help organize the Bonannos international drug pipeline with Sicily

10.) Angelo Caruso- old timer that was underboss to Maranzano, lasted until the 70s.

11.) Marco Reginelli- very powerful "little" guy who ran North Jersey rackets for Philly. Connected in NY.

12.) Richie the boot Boiardo- another powerful north jersey guy, ran an "independent" crew for years until become apart of the Genovese's in the late 40s. Local Political connections

13.) Harry Hunchback Riccobene- the guy was MADE AS A TEENAGER , lasted until the 80s. was granted a "clemency" by Angelo Bruno to run a semi-autonomous crew. And the beef with Scarfo.

14.) Don Carlo Gambino- reputation speaks for itself

15.) Charles Battaglia- started in L.A then transfered to the Bonannos and ran Joe B. operations in Arizona and New Mexico

@Zavattoni you have a solid list, didn't know that about Scotto and Jimmy Carter

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 07/22/20 09:21 AM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994228
07/22/20 10:15 AM
07/22/20 10:15 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
My 15, prefer the path less travelled and in no particular order. 1. Left guns ruggiero, 2. Crazy joe gallo (my fav gangster to research), 3. kid blast gallo (90 years old, quiet as a mouse knows all the secrets), 4. Joey the clown Lombardo, 5. Marco reginelli, 6. Carmine galante, 7. Tumac acceturo, 8. Sonny franzese, 9. The Colombo sons, 10. the gambino sons, 11. Dave petillo, 12. Steve Flemmi, 13. J. Zerilli,14. Tony roach rampino and 15. M. Taccetta. That’s a list subject to change any moment.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994230
07/22/20 11:55 AM
07/22/20 11:55 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Dob_Peppino;

Interesting list you have there. It's solid. I need to read more about Angelo Caruso; You say he was underboss for Maranzano?

You're response about Anthony Scotto; He was as powerful as they come; He played golf with Jimmy Carter; He was also considered for Secretary of Labor while being a Gambino captain. He's legitimate today; and owns a resteraunt. If i'm not mistaking; He is the last of Carlo Gambino's captains who is still alive.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/22/20 11:56 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994231
07/22/20 12:20 PM
07/22/20 12:20 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Italy No particular order: Toto Riina, Bernardo Provenzano, Matteo Messina Denaro, Pasquale Condello, Michele Zagaria, Antonio Macrì, Raffaele Cutolo, Carmine Alfieri, Sandokan Schiavone, Francesco Bidognetti, Edoardo Contini, Nitto Santapaola, Giuseppe Morabito, Paolo De Stefano, Giuseppe Piromalli (the old boss born 1921).

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994233
07/22/20 01:05 PM
07/22/20 01:05 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Honestly the interesting ones to me are the mobster not brought up much like Tommy Agro, Carmine Lombardozzi, etc

Last edited by JCrusher; 07/22/20 06:59 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994234
07/22/20 01:07 PM
07/22/20 01:07 PM
Providence, RI
T
The_Marble_Guy Offline
Capo
The_Marble_Guy  Offline
T
Capo
Providence, RI
Wow are my wheels turning. Great thread Zav. In no order I'd have to go with 1. Raynald Desjardins 2. Jack Dragna 3. John Scalish 4. Frank Cali 5. Joe Zerilli 6. Anthony Giordano 7. John Riggi 8. Gerard Ouimette 9. John LaRocca 10. Stefano Magaddino 11. Joe Todaro Sr. 12. Matty Madonna 13. Jimmy Lanza 14. Barney Bellomo 15. Sam DeCavalcante

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994238
07/22/20 02:25 PM
07/22/20 02:25 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
1. Lucky Luciano
2. Tommy Lucchese
3. Tommy Gagliano
4. Chin Gigante
5. Carlo Gambino
6. Frank Costello
7. Joe Bonanno
8. Angelo Bruno
9. Carmine Persico
10. Sam DeCavalcante
11. Raymond Patriarca
12. Tony Accardo
13. Paul Ricca
14. Rusty Rastelli
15. Tony Ducks Corallo

Honorable mentions:
1. Albert Anastasia
2. Santo Trafficante Jr.
3. Carlos Marcello
4. Nicky Scarfo
5. Paul Castellano
6. Stefano Magaddino
7. Sam Giancana
8. Giuseppe Profaci
9. Benny Squint Lombardo
10. Funzi Tieri

Would have loved to put in Joe Massino on the list, but he's a rat.

Last edited by Njein; 07/24/20 03:39 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994239
07/22/20 02:54 PM
07/22/20 02:54 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Great lists; Enjoying the reads.

@JCrusher

Intrigued to see what your 15 list is.

Also by the way; To those who are posting; This thread can include guys who weren't bosses.

Etc. Made guy's/Captains; etc...

Last edited by Zavattoni; 07/22/20 02:54 PM.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994244
07/22/20 03:54 PM
07/22/20 03:54 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Dominic 'Donny Shacks' Montemarano - Current or former acting underboss of the Colombo family despite being based in Los Angeles since the 1990's. He was involved in college football match fixing, sports betting and also invested heavily in the movie industry. He has been seen in the company of Elizabeth Hurley and was a pallbearer at Sonny Bono's funeral.

I think he was running high-end card games at one point and doing shy off of that, apparently he was renting mansions where he organized card games and had expensive prostitutes to entertain the players, or am I thinking of another New York mobster that based himself in Los Angeles?

I find him fascinating because of his high status in the Colombo family despite being based in Los Angeles for many years and also the fact that he moved to Beverly Hills and got involved in the Hollywood movie industry which is unusual for an active mobster.

Last edited by Neo; 07/22/20 04:06 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994245
07/22/20 04:17 PM
07/22/20 04:17 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Everybody basically said it all...but I wish there was more juice on Joe N. Gallo (served 3 bosses or more),Phil Leonetti (what he REALLY is about) Frank Sindone (biggest Bookie here) & Frankie Flowers(how could a non made guy b so close 2 a boss & more $$ than some top members).

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994249
07/22/20 07:27 PM
07/22/20 07:27 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
@Zavattoni Yeah after looking at it again I realized that I'm definitely interested in how most of them Infiltrated legitimate busimess sectors at a high level. Not that I don't find the blue collar guys interesting but I think the business guys get a bad rap. After all its about money not cracking head ( although thats needed in the life).

Angelo Caruso is an interesting figure for longevity, but alot of the "original" Bonanno guys are obscure. He relinquished rank after the Maranzano hit and became a captain. A respected old timer who helped settle the family after the Banana War. Wasn't very ambitious for power.

@Hoodlum you being a philly guy, I'm drawing a blank on the name of a guy who got caught in (let's say) "Vito Spatafore" situation in the late 60s, do you know who I am referring too?

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994250
07/22/20 07:38 PM
07/22/20 07:38 PM
C
chin_gigante Online content
Capo
chin_gigante  Online Content
C
Capo
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@Zavattoni Yeah after looking at it again I realized that I'm definitely interested in how most of them Infiltrated legitimate busimess sectors at a high level. Not that I don't find the blue collar guys interesting but I think the business guys get a bad rap. After all its about money not cracking head ( although thats needed in the life).

Angelo Caruso is an interesting figure for longevity, but alot of the "original" Bonanno guys are obscure. He relinquished rank after the Maranzano hit and became a captain. A respected old timer who helped settle the family after the Banana War. Wasn't very ambitious for power.

@Hoodlum you being a philly guy, I'm drawing a blank on the name of a guy who got caught in (let's say) "Vito Spatafore" situation in the late 60s, do you know who I am referring too?

That Philly guy was Pasquale Massi, who was a captain. Unsuccessfully tried to bribe a park ranger in Arkansas after he was caught being the "passive partner" in an act of rectal sodomy with a young black guy. It was speculated at the time that he'd be killed or simply told to kill himself but neither happened, he just got taken down and replaced with Joseph Lanciano.
I saw one report that said he'd been offered the position of boss before Angelo Bruno but turned it down.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994251
07/22/20 07:50 PM
07/22/20 07:50 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

I dont recall any"Vito" kinda guys in our family.... I do know of the dude that Dominick Montiglio tried 2 kill that was rumored 2 b gay...a Gambino..

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Dob_Peppino] #994260
07/22/20 08:36 PM
07/22/20 08:36 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
In no particular order
1.) Frank Costello- a classy guy with political connections bootlegged liquor with Joe Kennedy, lived at Waldorf Astoria. Had inhibitions about being a criminal and saw a psychiatrist. And "pay my tax"

2.) Tommy Lucchesse- same with the political connections, a very slick machiavellian. Involved in Maranzano hit, had a smooth relationship with Gagliano. Schooled Santo Trafficante and was the real puppeteer behind Don Carlo.

3.) Little David Petillo- "ran" brothels for Luciano. Was a cross-dresser, started doing hits as a teen dressed as a girl. Did hits all over the country, a feared little guy with a interesting reputation. Killed his more psychopathic partner Charlie Gagliodotto (think it spelled right)

4.) Tom Gagliano- the fact that he is such a mysterious figure makes him interesting. Guy was a boss in NY for 20yrs no problems. Ran black market rackets, mentored Tommy Lucchesse

5.) Joe Bonnano- I think this goes without saying for me lol
But in my opinion (because of the amount of info true and false) he represents everything (the very best and very worse) of what a true Mafioso and Cosa Nostra is. I'm fine with being in the minority on him but hey the Castellamarese is a tight club.

6.) Paul Castellano- another guy with alot of info, thats mainly negative but taking away the personal stuff, very wealthy powerful legitimate business guy. People forget that beside Don Carlo, he did have his immediate family power to draw from.

7.) Vincent Gigante- one of the most interesting guys. A criminal mastermind IMO. Started as a bodyguard for Genovese, the Costello botch (surprised Chin survived that). Ran Greenwich village, then "secretly" ran the mighty Genovese family in a bathrob

8.) Nicky Scarfo- pure psychopath (WAY too trigger happy for my taste) but his history is fascinating. I think besides the killing, he's underrated as a boss. Had more control then Bruno, strong connections to the West Side and Gambinos.

9.) Frank Garofalo- Longtime underboss for Bonanno, involved in the hit on Carlo Tresca, help organize the Bonannos international drug pipeline with Sicily

10.) Angelo Caruso- old timer that was underboss to Maranzano, lasted until the 70s.

11.) Marco Reginelli- very powerful "little" guy who ran North Jersey rackets for Philly. Connected in NY.

12.) Richie the boot Boiardo- another powerful north jersey guy, ran an "independent" crew for years until become apart of the Genovese's in the late 40s. Local Political connections

13.) Harry Hunchback Riccobene- the guy was MADE AS A TEENAGER , lasted until the 80s. was granted a "clemency" by Angelo Bruno to run a semi-autonomous crew. And the beef with Scarfo.

14.) Don Carlo Gambino- reputation speaks for itself

15.) Charles Battaglia- started in L.A then transfered to the Bonannos and ran Joe B. operations in Arizona and New Mexico

@Zavattoni you have a solid list, didn't know that about Scotto and Jimmy Carter

Great list. I’m with you in Joe Bonnano minority my friend. You throw my man McGee on there and your list would mirror mine.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: chin_gigante] #994264
07/22/20 09:07 PM
07/22/20 09:07 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by chin_gigante

That Philly guy was Pasquale Massi, who was a captain. Unsuccessfully tried to bribe a park ranger in Arkansas after he was caught being the "passive partner" in an act of rectal sodomy with a young black guy. It was speculated at the time that he'd be killed or simply told to kill himself but neither happened, he just got taken down and replaced with Joseph Lanciano.
I saw one report that said he'd been offered the position of boss before Angelo Bruno but turned it down.

Was me chin_gigante was spreading rumors about, he'd have something up his own ass, and it wouldn't be no cock, either!

Attached Files pasquale massi.jpg

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994266
07/22/20 10:26 PM
07/22/20 10:26 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
@Chin_gigante I heard the general story but couldn't think of the name

@Hoodlum Patsy Massi was the name I was thinking of. I used the "vito" reference because thats the best way I could think to describe the situation

@Jshov31 my kinda guy over here. Good to know some guys still respect "Don Peppino". The way some folks talk you'd think he was Ralph Natale or somebody. Bufalino was very underrated, I just read some files where C.I. in the 60s thought he was a high level member of the Genovese Family "something like a boss" was the quote then he found out months later, he had his own Family.

@Moe_Tilden lol angelo bruno said "we can't have him in our social club, that I do know" Phil Testa said " social club??? He's gotta go" and Natz Denaro said " you gonna take care of his kids huh? After he's gone" lol

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994267
07/23/20 01:03 AM
07/23/20 01:03 AM
dominic_calabrese Offline
Made Member
dominic_calabrese  Offline
Made Member
(1) Carlo Gambino -- I am fascinated by the Gambinos. I think they were the best at this game. Next two also Gambinos.

(2) Cherry Hill Gambino's -- great story about them here -- https://thenewyorkmafia.com/cherry-hill-gambinos -- but I still can't get enough, i love the one foot in America, one foot in Sicily angle =

(3) Thomas Gambino -- the Don's son, didn't really belong in the mafia, and yet he earned far more than most and is still alive (without talking)

(4) Albert Anastasia -- born very close to my people, so I root for him like he's the hometown team

(5) Frank Costello -- not so much my team, but so much more dapper & smooth than Albert

(6) Vito Rizzuto -- he's John Gambino crossed with Frank Costello, what's not to like

(7) Girolamo Piromalli -- most influential figure in history of Gioia Tauro, alongside Giuseppe Pesce

(8) Joseph Zammuto -- longtime head of Rockford crime family

(9) Cuntrera-Caruana clan

(10) Nicky Scarfo

ten is enough for me!

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994268
07/23/20 01:40 AM
07/23/20 01:40 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
There are many I did my research on...

Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, Gaspipe Casso, Vinny Basciano,Frank LoCascio, Nino Gaggi, Sonny Franzese,Chin Gigante, Tony Ducks, Fat Tony, Junior Persico, Gerry Lang, Patsy Conte, Matty Madonna, Carmine Galante, Joe Bonanno etc I can go on and on. The hundreds of hours I have spent on the web, wikipedia, reading books, journals, law dockets etc have been on a huge assortment of different members...as you can tell by my username, Bruno Indelicato is my #1....The guy was literally the only confirmed person to hit a boss when it had happened. Anastasia? People aren't sure if it was Gallo+Persico or Gambino Heroin Dealers. Masseria? Rumored to be Vito genovese, Bugsy etc but not confirmed. Maranzano? No concrete names. But Bruno was convicted of 100% being a gunman in the Galante slaying. Yes Gravano named The Castellano/Bilotti shooters but none had the name factor like Bruno.

Hits a boss, becomes a capo for it either at age 23 or 32 (no one even knows for sure if he was born in 47 or 56, BOP is sure it is 47, but many newspaper articles put his age as being born in 56 during the commission trial. Sonny Red would have been 15 if Bruno was born in 47, I don't buy that). Regardless, how many people are capos at age 23 or at the oldest 32? Most guys are not even made by age 32. Only Bonanno being boss at 26 compares. Yes Michael Franzese was also young but when your father is Underboss that is different. The family kills his dad and the loyalists and he was marked for death but he ends up working again for the Bonannos because I believe the Genovese got him a pass. You have to have a lot of respect to get something like that.

Brunos father in law was Jimmy the Gent. His best friends were Tommy Karate and vinny Gorgeous. Bruno was convicted of multiple murders and still avoided life sentences..He will eventually get out..Bruno was also in Donnie Brasco. I have to say Bruno is probably by far the most famous LCN member who never held a top 3 leadership spot. Him killing loads of guys, being a huge coke head and still being alive etc he is just one of a kind and should have more written about him..For all he has done there truly is little known about him. When you kill a boss, were part of the commission trial and stuff like your actual DoB is still not 100% known that is truly something.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994307
07/23/20 03:34 PM
07/23/20 03:34 PM
J
jackdempsey1930 Offline
Button
jackdempsey1930  Offline
J
Button
Ducks did not put Amuso and casso in charge this is such a myth. He put Amuso in charge. Casso was only upp'd to a acting capo when amuso became boss. Amuso was being groomed for the job as far back as the 60s and 70s for the top spot. When amuso became the boss he had a lot of people naturally who wanted the position over him like in any family. Adventually Casso worked his way up to the heirachy but can you blame Vic? The Bronx faction wants his spot and he needs someone to watch his back, why not the most dangerous guy in the family/entire mob...casso. Plus Vic had new and worked with casso and they were both from Brooklyn. Strategically anyone would have done it.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: jackdempsey1930] #994311
07/23/20 04:39 PM
07/23/20 04:39 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by jackdempsey1930
Ducks did not put Amuso and casso in charge this is such a myth. He put Amuso in charge. Casso was only upp'd to a acting capo when amuso became boss. Amuso was being groomed for the job as far back as the 60s and 70s for the top spot. When amuso became the boss he had a lot of people naturally who wanted the position over him like in any family. Adventually Casso worked his way up to the heirachy but can you blame Vic? The Bronx faction wants his spot and he needs someone to watch his back, why not the most dangerous guy in the family/entire mob...casso. Plus Vic had new and worked with casso and they were both from Brooklyn. Strategically anyone would have done it.

Why would Ducks groom Amuso to take over as boss, there is nothing special about the guy. Sure he pulled in big scores but that was through drug trafficking and he funneled the drug money through his shy business to make himself look like a big earner to the bosses. Maybe Ducks fell for that shit and did look at Amuso as a big earner?

Amuso wasn't great at avoiding law enforcement either, I wouldn't say he was a walking target for the law, but he was no Benny Squint. Amuso did 3 years and 7 years in prison before becoming boss. Perhaps because of that Ducks looked at him as a stand up guy?

May be Ducks did look at Amuso as a big earner and stand up guy but man he was looking at him all the wrong way. Amuso was just a fraud who felt unsecure as boss and needed Casso to hold his hand for years.

Last edited by Neo; 07/23/20 04:46 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Neo] #994314
07/23/20 05:09 PM
07/23/20 05:09 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
Originally Posted by Neo

Why would Ducks groom Amuso to take over as boss, there is nothing special about the guy. Sure he pulled in big scores but that was through drug trafficking and he funneled the drug money through his shy business to make himself look like a big earner to the bosses. Maybe Ducks fell for that shit and did look at Amuso as a big earner?

Amuso wasn't great at avoiding law enforcement either, I wouldn't say he was a walking target for the law, but he was no Benny Squint. Amuso did 3 years and 7 years in prison before becoming boss. Perhaps because of that Ducks looked at him as a stand up guy?

May be Ducks did look at Amuso as a big earner and stand up guy but man he was looking at him all the wrong way. Amuso was just a fraud who felt unsecure as boss and needed Casso to hold his hand for years.

Did Tony Ducks have any pangs of regret for choosing Vic Amuso over someone who had better qualifications?

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994321
07/23/20 06:32 PM
07/23/20 06:32 PM
N
Nitro Offline
Made Member
Nitro  Offline
N
Made Member
Only US and only LCN guys
1. Carlos Marcello -> Louisiana sleaze my guess so much unreported
2. Tony Accardo / Carlo Gambino / So much power, never be in jail i will read a story about there legit bizz.
3. Charlie “The Blade” Tourine --> worldwide active, involved in some big gambling operation as a soldier maybe capo
4.Frank Balistrieri --> powerful guy
5. Liborio "Barney" Bellomo --> alive and powerful. I'm really interested in his legit stuff
6.Joseph Civello mostly forgotten but highly recommend to read about him and Dallas.
7.Jimmy "the Hat" Lanza and whole SF -> another outsider story but also successful and make a lot money.
8 Anthony Giacalone - Detroit...hoffa
9.Jack Tocco - never get really trouble much money
10.Salvatore "Sam" Giancana --> CIA conenction
11.Frank Cali - now a legend but we don't know much about his "working"
12.Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo - This guy have a good run, but we don't know much about
13.Matthew "Matty the Horse" Ianniell - two Worde "The Deuce" money maker
14.Domenico Cefalù underrated not much storys about him- legit or illegal
15.John Gambino/Cherry Hills

I don't mention but fascinating___
Santo "Louie Santos" Trafficante Jr., --> lot books about him
Louis Campagna (chicago) forgotten guy
Anthony Carfano
Carlo Mastrototaro (new york /boston)

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Njein] #994330
07/23/20 08:16 PM
07/23/20 08:16 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by Neo

Did Tony Ducks have any pangs of regret for choosing Vic Amuso over someone who had better qualifications?

I don't know if Ducks ever expressed any regret to anyone about choosing Amuso to replace him but Ducks lived long enough to see the Lucchese family unraveling on Amuso's watch.
2 x acting bosses, a underboss and 2 x capo's flipping, made men in the Lucchese family getting clipped because of Amuso and Casso's greed and paranoia. Big busts as a direct result of all the chaos and carnage they caused.

I think it's safe to say Ducks had a few pangs of regret, regardless of whether he expressed it to anyone or not.

Last edited by Neo; 07/23/20 10:10 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: WhackWhack] #994338
07/23/20 09:34 PM
07/23/20 09:34 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by WhackWhack

Roy DeMeo, Tommy Pitera, Gaspipe Casso, Vinny Basciano,Frank LoCascio, Nino Gaggi, Sonny Franzese,Chin Gigante, Tony Ducks, Fat Tony, Junior Persico, Gerry Lang, Patsy Conte, Matty Madonna, Carmine Galante, Joe Bonanno etc I can go on and on. The hundreds of hours I have spent on the web, wikipedia, reading books, journals, law dockets etc have been on a huge assortment of different members...as you can tell by my username, Bruno Indelicato is my #1....The guy was literally the only confirmed person to hit a boss when it had happened. Anastasia? People aren't sure if it was Gallo+Persico or Gambino Heroin Dealers. Masseria? Rumored to be Vito genovese, Bugsy etc but not confirmed. Maranzano? No concrete names. But Bruno was convicted of 100% being a gunman in the Galante slaying. Yes Gravano named The Castellano/Bilotti shooters but none had the name factor like Bruno.

Hits a boss, becomes a capo for it either at age 23 or 32 (no one even knows for sure if he was born in 47 or 56, BOP is sure it is 47, but many newspaper articles put his age as being born in 56 during the commission trial. Sonny Red would have been 15 if Bruno was born in 47, I don't buy that). Regardless, how many people are capos at age 23 or at the oldest 32? Most guys are not even made by age 32. Only Bonanno being boss at 26 compares. Yes Michael Franzese was also young but when your father is Underboss that is different. The family kills his dad and the loyalists and he was marked for death but he ends up working again for the Bonannos because I believe the Genovese got him a pass. You have to have a lot of respect to get something like that.

Brunos father in law was Jimmy the Gent. His best friends were Tommy Karate and vinny Gorgeous. Bruno was convicted of multiple murders and still avoided life sentences..He will eventually get out..Bruno was also in Donnie Brasco. I have to say Bruno is probably by far the most famous LCN member who never held a top 3 leadership spot. Him killing loads of guys, being a huge coke head and still being alive etc he is just one of a kind and should have more written about him..For all he has done there truly is little known about him. When you kill a boss, were part of the commission trial and stuff like your actual DoB is still not 100% known that is truly something.

Bruno is by far the the only one I’ve spent time with in person who is absolutely 100% as advertised or described I guess would be a better word for it. 100% walks, talks, and lives by a set of rules or code and he won’t break them for NOBODY. He has his opinions about certain things and there isn’t anything you can do to change his mind. Absolutely hates authority and refuses to ever put up with the slightest amount of disrespect from anyone. Balls of steel and a heart of gold.

Quick funny story about him. We were in Fairton together for about 3 years and myself, Mike Cassese, Fabrizio and Bruno worked out together a few times a week and would walk the track after we were done for the last 15-20min of yard. Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff. Bruno immediately stopped, grabbed the top of my shoulder/neck area and walked me away from the rest of the guys and absolutely chewed me up. He pretty much told me that if he didn’t like me as much as he did and if he didn’t need me to get his commissary for him he would let Mike kick my teeth in and I would hit the street needing dentures. I got a smack in the head and his famous “smarten the fuck up kid”. Keep in mind that Mike didn’t say a word, Bruno just knew what his response was gonna be and yanked me away. Mike came up to me at church a few days later and asked me if I threw my panties in the garbage because he knows “i pissed myself” once Bruno pulled me aside. Mike said “this isn’t tv Jeff” and it’s absolutely not fucking TV when it comes to Bruno ya fucking jerkoff.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Jshov31] #994352
07/24/20 03:22 AM
07/24/20 03:22 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Jshov31

Bruno is by far the the only one I’ve spent time with in person who is absolutely 100% as advertised or described I guess would be a better word for it. 100% walks, talks, and lives by a set of rules or code and he won’t break them for NOBODY. He has his opinions about certain things and there isn’t anything you can do to change his mind. Absolutely hates authority and refuses to ever put up with the slightest amount of disrespect from anyone. Balls of steel and a heart of gold.

Quick funny story about him. We were in Fairton together for about 3 years and myself, Mike Cassese, Fabrizio and Bruno worked out together a few times a week and would walk the track after we were done for the last 15-20min of yard. Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff. Bruno immediately stopped, grabbed the top of my shoulder/neck area and walked me away from the rest of the guys and absolutely chewed me up. He pretty much told me that if he didn’t like me as much as he did and if he didn’t need me to get his commissary for him he would let Mike kick my teeth in and I would hit the street needing dentures. I got a smack in the head and his famous “smarten the fuck up kid”. Keep in mind that Mike didn’t say a word, Bruno just knew what his response was gonna be and yanked me away. Mike came up to me at church a few days later and asked me if I threw my panties in the garbage because he knows “i pissed myself” once Bruno pulled me aside. Mike said “this isn’t tv Jeff” and it’s absolutely not fucking TV when it comes to Bruno ya fucking jerkoff.

Wow that is an absolutely incredible story! That is crazy that you were in the feds for 3 years with him...any remarkable stories from inside about him? I know LCN guys in prisons don't hold as much sway as on the streets (Feds is probably easier/more respect for them compared to State Prisons I would assume) but he had to have been a revered and respected inmate with his pedigree. That is funny I had made this post and then you replied to it because last night as I am watching the last episode of fear the city and it focused on the commission trial and lo and behold they spent a few minutes bringing up an incident that happened during a court ordered recess where Bruno was yelling and hollering at one of the ASAs about how unfair and rigged the trial is and how after he came back from the recess he apologized to the guy and it was because of Tony Salerno and Tony Ducks telling him to since it made them look bad and they were all on trial not just him....so that part of the documentary proves your story for sure, hates authority and doesn't put up with any BS. He probably wanted to pummel that ASA but since he had 2 Don's telling him off in the same manner he did with you he came out and apologized. He truly embodies LCN, he was literally able to separate business from personal things and I cannot imagine the balls he has to actually go back to the Bonannos after they killed his father and his fathers loyalists and after they wanted him dead also....even if the commission says you got a pass imagine going back to NYC and working for a boss who personally killed your Father. And that is why I truly respect and am fascinated by Anthony Indelicato. I mean, I don't admire or look up to him, at the end of the day he was a stone cold killer and a mafioso through and through but just his entire life experience and the stories around him are just absolutely incredible.

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Jshov31] #994383
07/24/20 06:25 PM
07/24/20 06:25 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Good fu''king story dude!!!!

Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Jshov31] #994423
07/24/20 11:58 PM
07/24/20 11:58 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Mike is a constant ball breaker and he was on me pretty good about going home soon and I just wasn’t in the mood for it and jokingly called him a jerkoff.

What did he say to get you that angry?

Last edited by Neo; 07/24/20 11:59 PM.
Re: 15 most fascinating Mafia guys to study [Re: Zavattoni] #994428
07/25/20 05:36 AM
07/25/20 05:36 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
Is Mike related to Vincent Cassese?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull