GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 136 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,349
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,726
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,813
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ #992647
06/12/20 06:01 AM
06/12/20 06:01 AM
H
Hollander Offline OP
Hollander  Offline OP
H

Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’, reveals creator David Chase

https://thewest.com.au/entertainmen...eveals-creator-david-chas-ng-b881576235z

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992654
06/12/20 04:34 PM
06/12/20 04:34 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
so who becomes the Boss???
Paulie Walnuts? "jesus, some guys are better as number 2's" lol

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992665
06/12/20 10:06 PM
06/12/20 10:06 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
patsy maybe ?!
albert barese ?!

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992670
06/12/20 10:56 PM
06/12/20 10:56 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Paulie for awhile but he will be going to prison for awhile since Carlo flipped and he can take down Dante and Patsy. Albert Barese is the best bet, but some of the members from the scam in the first season should be getting out so Joe Sasso should be released, or at least parole wise.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992671
06/13/20 02:29 AM
06/13/20 02:29 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
I personally, would rather believe Tony didn't get whacked.... The only precedent for it would be Butch backstabbing Tony (which is totally plausible) but I get the feeling Butch would have been satisfied with Phil dead, Little Carmine would've been a level-headed mediator and I don't think anybody wants to be at War for too long.
Also getting rid of Tony would pretty much make them non-grata as a Family (coupled with Carlo flipping), they would literally be a "glorified crew".

Either way the Soprano Family would never be the same after that War. The prospects for the top spot would be laughable, Paulie (even though by this point he is alittle older) I just can't see him being good business-wise, probably wouldn't have problems within the Family, Silvio (just gonna assume he was out the picture) but at best would be a semi-retired advisor but as Giacomo stated, they would be going in a Carlo case along with Patsy. So there's Cagey Albert Barese, constant law issue Larry Barese, too young Benny and Walden and a freshly released Joe Beppy Sasso..... Doesn't Sound to promising for Jersey.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992702
06/14/20 03:40 PM
06/14/20 03:40 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

For me he'll forever be in the diner deciding what to order to eat, whist waiting for Meadow. I don't accept that he died.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992706
06/14/20 04:58 PM
06/14/20 04:58 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
Does anyone thing The Soprano Crime Family would have been better/stronger if Tony had cowtowed to Junior in the beginning?
I mean, by him being his nephew and who he was, he eventually would have been boss anyway, imo. And some may say that Junior couldn't get passed the psychiatry thing but he didn't put the hit out on Tony until he found out about the secret meetings with the Capos. Junior was going down with legal issues anyway, its not out of range that Tony would have ened up in the same position. and could've avoided a war that decimated Junior's regime (a probable revenue stream for Tony) and surely created more whispers throughout the Family about him.

- lossed Mikey Palmice (who I think could've been kept in line by Junior and was a hitter, same with Chuckie)
- Losses Philly Spoons (who we can assume was a hitter, and the also affected the productivity/earning ability of Patsy)
- Guys in the Can (like Richie and Feech) had more respect for Junior although he was persona non grata. They could've been kept better in line IMO.
Thats several revenue streams and muscle that he could've been able to manage if he did "step over his own uncle to grab the big seat.... his father's brother" lol

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992708
06/14/20 06:29 PM
06/14/20 06:29 PM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
@Dob_Peppino - I always felt like Junior had the weaker side. Half of the men loyal to him looked like senior citizens even at the beginning of the show and with the exception of Feech and Richie the rest came off as being pretty incompetent. I loved those scenes when Junior got frustrated at his men though.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992710
06/14/20 07:37 PM
06/14/20 07:37 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
A cool scene is when Junior is discussing Richie after he leaves, having told Junior, Albert passed on the hit on Tony.

“Then he dies, I can’t even wear his shoes”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kFcNj2H3z0

Junior did offer some great advice, every once in a while.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992713
06/14/20 08:37 PM
06/14/20 08:37 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
@Terence Junior crew definitely was older but I think but i think the guys who's names we knew Mikey, Chuckie, Philly Spoons, Patsy, Gigi (and I'll even throw Bobby Bacala) were capable and useful. Certainly couldn't be any worse then Pussy(possibly a rat for a few years at this point) junkie Chris, and impulsive Paulie. of course Silvio was a valuable guy, but the others compromised Tony but maybe it was his leadership that brought out the worse in some of these people.

We really didn't get to see the best of Junior, (as a mob figure not a character IMO) You gotta remember when Mikey clipped Brendan Filone, Junior was there. A old capo watching a murder gives me the impression Corrado didn't have a weak stomach at all. I thought Junior in the 1st season showed that before that, in his day he was a guy worthy of respect, not a Fredo. Anybody who goes along on a hit just to be there, is not to be fucked with. There has to be a reason a guy like Feech la Manna and Richie would respect Junior and he wasn't even running the show or had a formidable crew at the time.

I wish they would do a prequel that explores what happend in the late 70s/80s. We would get a the prequel stuff we are looking for. I think the "Newark" movie might be alittle to far removed.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Dob_Peppino] #992715
06/14/20 09:03 PM
06/14/20 09:03 PM
U.S.A
T
Terence Offline
Made Member
Terence  Offline
T
Made Member
U.S.A
@Dob_Peppino - Those are some good points and that entire family was pretty much a shit show! Tony's nepotism for Chris and cousin Tony also drove me a little mad at times. That would get a boss killed, replaced or.......ostrified 😂 (as Chrissy would say).

On Tony Sopranos death - when that screen cut to black, the very first thing that popped into my mind was Bobby's line from 'Sopranos Home Movies', - "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?" That shit seriously gave me the chills. I loved the ending and for me he definitely died in that restaurant.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992716
06/14/20 11:29 PM
06/14/20 11:29 PM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
@Terence lol at chris. He was a dunce.
If Tony got hit, it was Butch IMO, he was a slimey bastard.
Little Carmine wasn't in on it but had a "its apart of the life"attitude. Paulie becomes boss. Patsy is underboss. Silvio survives and is semi-retired Consiglieri.

sometimes I don't understand Hollywood, all the material with the "unrest of 83" and they decide to go to when Tony is a kid..... what? Its like The happy potter movies skipping Voldermort's rise to talk about some damn Fantastic beast lol I don't get it

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Dob_Peppino] #992717
06/15/20 03:41 AM
06/15/20 03:41 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Does anyone thing The Soprano Crime Family would have been better/stronger if Tony had cowtowed to Junior in the beginning?
I mean, by him being his nephew and who he was, he eventually would have been boss anyway, imo. And some may say that Junior couldn't get passed the psychiatry thing but he didn't put the hit out on Tony until he found out about the secret meetings with the Capos. Junior was going down with legal issues anyway, its not out of range that Tony would have ened up in the same position. and could've avoided a war that decimated Junior's regime (a probable revenue stream for Tony) and surely created more whispers throughout the Family about him.

- lossed Mikey Palmice (who I think could've been kept in line by Junior and was a hitter, same with Chuckie)
- Losses Philly Spoons (who we can assume was a hitter, and the also affected the productivity/earning ability of Patsy)
- Guys in the Can (like Richie and Feech) had more respect for Junior although he was persona non grata. They could've been kept better in line IMO.
Thats several revenue streams and muscle that he could've been able to manage if he did "step over his own uncle to grab the big seat.... his father's brother" lol

Actually no, Spoons was NOT a hitter. In the big lunch scene in the back of Satriale's when Patsy was in grief talking about Spoons, he said out loud that Spoons was not a Heavy man with anyone (meaning he never committed violence).

Not everyone has had to kill someone to be made. For better or for worse.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: WhackWhack] #992752
06/16/20 12:28 AM
06/16/20 12:28 AM
Dob_Peppino Offline
Underboss
Dob_Peppino  Offline
Underboss
Well obviously Patsy had the Capablity of being vicious, why not whack out the more dangerous brother???
And I took Patsy's "he ain't heavy" statement to mean, he didn't have beefs with people, doesn't mean he didn't clip anybody. I could be wrong, there was Bobby Bacala.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #992867
06/19/20 02:07 AM
06/19/20 02:07 AM
J
Jamesbontate33 Offline
Wiseguy
Jamesbontate33  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I always figured he would have been killed , he killed Phil in front of his wife and family. There's no way n.y would let that slide , just seems like the mafia way to do things . Use Tony to clip Phil for going to war , than clip Tony in front of his family . Kinda seems like a don Bruno and caponigro type of situation. ..well similar in a sense . Obviously just my opinion but that's kind of what I got from that last scene.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Jamesbontate33] #1006935
03/10/21 02:46 PM
03/10/21 02:46 PM
USA
MonsterUSMC Offline
Wiseguy
MonsterUSMC  Offline
Wiseguy
USA
Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

Actually no, Spoons was NOT a hitter. In the big lunch scene in the back of Satriale's when Patsy was in grief talking about Spoons, he said out loud that Spoons was not a Heavy man with anyone (meaning he never committed violence).

Not everyone has had to kill someone to be made. For better or for worse.

Originally Posted by Jamesbontate33
I always figured he would have been killed , he killed Phil in front of his wife and family. There's no way n.y would let that slide , just seems like the mafia way to do things . Use Tony to clip Phil for going to war , than clip Tony in front of his family . Kinda seems like a don Bruno and caponigro type of situation. ..well similar in a sense . Obviously just my opinion but that's kind of what I got from that last scene.

If things played out this way, we never would have had the Patsy pissing in the pool scene.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #1006954
03/10/21 07:40 PM
03/10/21 07:40 PM
E
edimeo25 Offline
Wiseguy
edimeo25  Offline
E
Wiseguy
The Barese crew was said to be the biggest in the family and we only saw two other guys besides Larry. Albert and Rusty Irish. Junior had a pretty large crew himself in season 1:

Mikey
Chucky
Patsy
Philly
Bobby
Gigi
Beppy (not Sasso)
Tommy
Murf
Bobby Sr (semi retired)

Plus a few other unnamed guys hanging around him in those early episodes. Presumably they were either whacked or they were among the "13 others" arrested in the scam with Junior, Larry, and Beppy Sasso.

So his crew was huge and Larry's was even bigger. What would Larry have had, fifteen or twenty guys?

Also we never saw any of Ray Curto's crew besides the Capo himself. He wasn't Capo over nothing so there had to be plenty of soldiers and associates there.

We skimmed the surface with the Altieri crew as well, just Jimmy, Carlo, and Walden. And Tony B was apparently working with them as well. After Vito is outed, Carlo says the guys in Vito's crew weren't going to respect Vito anymore or something like that. By that point, the only other known member in Vito's crew, Eugene, was dead. So there were others we never saw.

My point is there's much more to the family than what we saw. We mainly know of the men in the two Soprano crews, and Aprile crew. There are probably plenty of other guys to take on leadership positions. The family is ok. Smaller than they were in 1999, but no worse off than other small families like the Patriarcas, Philadelphia, or Detroit. Or the real life Jersey family. They won't be disappearing any time soon, nor will they get taken over by the Lupertazzis upon Tony's death. I don't think the other New York families, or said smaller families would stand for that.

As for Carlo flipping, who knows, with the luck that family had with rats being put out of commission, maybe A.J. accidentally ran him over with his huge yellow SUV while Carlo was crossing the street with his handlers. Problem solved.

Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #1007097
03/13/21 01:06 PM
03/13/21 01:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Mort.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Tony Soprano did die at the end of The Sopranos’ [Re: Hollander] #1007169
03/14/21 02:16 AM
03/14/21 02:16 AM
T
tonytheant Offline
BANNED
tonytheant  Offline
BANNED
T
Wiseguy
Gandolfini died in real life i heard he looked like chris farley when they found him

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull