GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 76 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,399
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,795
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,294
Posts1,058,104
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ralph Galione death #991707
05/23/20 11:08 AM
05/23/20 11:08 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK

What is the consensus,. Galiones murder was to aid Gotti & co in their trial?
Or killed over other stuff.

Hard to think it wasn't the former

###Galione is the guy who assisted Gotti and another to kill McBratney

Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: dsd] #991708
05/23/20 11:15 AM
05/23/20 11:15 AM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Think he was killed because of the amount of heat he generated over the McBratney murder. The bosses didn't like it.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: dsd] #991709
05/23/20 11:34 AM
05/23/20 11:34 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Galione didnt “assist” Gotti in killing McBratney he in fact killed McBratney as he was the trigger man. But to answer your question yeah I’m sure it was all of the above. To lessen the heat as well as assist Gotti and Angelo who were both held in high regard with Neil and Fatico

Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: JCrusher] #991710
05/23/20 11:42 AM
05/23/20 11:42 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
Was he showing signs of not being able to stand the pressure??

They must of picked him for a reason. Especially, such an important job.

Maybe they blamed him for the whole abduction thing going wrong. Or he turned cowboy and just started blasting away.

Was Galione with Fatico?

Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: Zavattoni] #991711
05/23/20 11:46 AM
05/23/20 11:46 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline OP
Capo
dsd  Offline OP
D
Capo
UK
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Think he was killed because of the amount of heat he generated over the McBratney murder. The bosses didn't like it.

But even if the abduction had gone ok,. They were still going to kill McBratney. No one would of been fooled by the police uniforms. ( If they'd got him out of there).

** I know I'm stating the obvious but what a dirty, devious life they were in.

The guy takes the risk, for the Gambino's, and pays with his life.

Last edited by dsd; 05/23/20 11:51 AM.
Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: dsd] #991716
05/23/20 01:25 PM
05/23/20 01:25 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Why am I reading from a poster on Facebook that Ralph got whacked because he was a drug user; and John Gotti felt Ralph was preventing him from being made?

The poster also said that Gotti had his guys whack Ralph Galione without commission approval; Galione was made at the time??

Wouldn't he bosses have gotten rid of Gotti and his crew? Something doesn't add up.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/23/20 01:26 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: dsd] #991725
05/23/20 03:36 PM
05/23/20 03:36 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Ralph Galione was killed for botching the kidnapping and bringing the heat on the rest of the team. McBratney was supposed to be tortured to death and reveal who was operating the kidnapping ring. The mob knew McBratney was involved due to his license plate number being taken down during the attempted kidnapping of Gambino member D'Amore. Carlo gave the contract to Big Paul, who passed it to Nino Gaggi, who picked the members to do the torturing possibly Roy Demeo was one of the guys to do it. Galione, Gotti, and Ruggerio knew what McBratney looked liked, and were picked to bring him in. Pretending to be cops was a good decoy and would give them time. Cops hassled gangsters all the time back then, and no one would have batted an eyelash since it would be normal. This is New York City we are talking about. They were walking him out, when a friend of McBratney from that bar intervened. Ralph did not play it cool and fired a couple shots in the ceiling, most of the people obeyed the mobsters but one person slipped out to call the real cops. They were struggling with McBratney and having a hard time of it, when Galione finally shot McBratney a few times.

It keeps being repeated that Ralph Galione was killed for drugs, which he was involved in and kicking up. It was the McBratney fiasco that sealed his fate. Ralph was not holding Gotti back, Gotti was already told when the books opened back up, he would he made. Galione was not made. Galione finally ended up in Fatico crew, but got his start in John Riccobono crew and knew Brooklyn and Staten Island really well. That is one of the reasons Galione was picked because he was familiar with Staten Island, so John and Angelo would not become lost.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: dsd] #991775
05/24/20 04:51 PM
05/24/20 04:51 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Yea what I have gathered was McBratney was a bigger, tough guy and when he started to have doubts about them being LE he resisted with the abduction. It was a bar he was known to frequent so possibly some others intervened but Ralph whether right or wrong made the decision to shoot him in a bar full of people because they were struggling to get him out and ultimately that was not the plan. As someone else posted above he was supposed to be taking somewhere and questioned about who and why. I think it would be fair to guess considering the time Don Carlo may have questioned if people involved were really stupid enough to try that with one of his family members especially one not in the streets and wanted names of everyone that had something to do with it to take everyone out and make sure someone else big in streets wasn’t behind it. Kidnapping relatives of rich people or even a big bookmaker on street is one thing but to do it to the guy in NYC with most power, resources and largest family and associates is a whole different ballgame. It’s just a guess but I would think Don Carlo wanted answers and questioned if A few low level guys really would make that move on their own.

Re: Ralph Galione death [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #991780
05/24/20 06:28 PM
05/24/20 06:28 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Ralph Galione was killed for botching the kidnapping and bringing the heat on the rest of the team. McBratney was supposed to be tortured to death and reveal who was operating the kidnapping ring. The mob knew McBratney was involved due to his license plate number being taken down during the attempted kidnapping of Gambino member D'Amore. Carlo gave the contract to Big Paul, who passed it to Nino Gaggi, who picked the members to do the torturing possibly Roy Demeo was one of the guys to do it. Galione, Gotti, and Ruggerio knew what McBratney looked liked, and were picked to bring him in. Pretending to be cops was a good decoy and would give them time. Cops hassled gangsters all the time back then, and no one would have batted an eyelash since it would be normal. This is New York City we are talking about. They were walking him out, when a friend of McBratney from that bar intervened. Ralph did not play it cool and fired a couple shots in the ceiling, most of the people obeyed the mobsters but one person slipped out to call the real cops. They were struggling with McBratney and having a hard time of it, when Galione finally shot McBratney a few times.

It keeps being repeated that Ralph Galione was killed for drugs, which he was involved in and kicking up. It was the McBratney fiasco that sealed his fate. Ralph was not holding Gotti back, Gotti was already told when the books opened back up, he would he made. Galione was not made. Galione finally ended up in Fatico crew, but got his start in John Riccobono crew and knew Brooklyn and Staten Island really well. That is one of the reasons Galione was picked because he was familiar with Staten Island, so John and Angelo would not become lost.

. That’s not correct. Gotti and Angelo flashed phoney badges and McBratney basically laughed at them knowing it was bullshit. They tried to grab McBratney but being a big guy he dragged BOTH Gotti and Angelo all the way down the bar like rag dolls. Finally they were able to pin him against the way where galione shot him. So the 1996 Gotti movie is vullshit as was Junior Gotti’s recollection

Last edited by JCrusher; 05/24/20 06:29 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull