GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (RushStreet, Turnbull, faffy444, 2 invisible), 104 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? #990530
05/03/20 10:05 PM
05/03/20 10:05 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Would love some opinions; Who should have been boss after Anthony "Tony Ducks" Corallo got put away in the commission trial?

Obviously Casso and Amuso were horrible. Their bloody reign set the family back.

Who were some other candidates who could have succeeded Tony Ducks.

My personal opinion is Sal Avellino and Neil Migliore. Mikey Salerno had a powerful crew and could have been a old time boss.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/03/20 10:05 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990533
05/03/20 11:21 PM
05/03/20 11:21 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Would love some opinions; Who should have been boss after Anthony "Tony Ducks" Corallo got put away in the commission trial?

Obviously Casso and Amuso were horrible. Their bloody reign set the family back.

Who were some other candidates who could have succeeded Tony Ducks.

My personal opinion is Sal Avellino and Neil Migliore. Mikey Salerno had a powerful crew and could have been a old time boss.

Salerno

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990540
05/04/20 09:44 AM
05/04/20 09:44 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Amuse would have been better if he left casso behind. After he gets shot by the Gambino he went nuts

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990542
05/04/20 10:13 AM
05/04/20 10:13 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Didn't Ducks actually want Buddy Luongo to succeed him but for some reason he ceded it to Amuso to please certain people?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990554
05/04/20 02:46 PM
05/04/20 02:46 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
In his book, Al D'Arco mentions that Buddy Luongo and Mike Salerno were the most serious competition for Amuso and Casso.

He also implies that Bruno Facciolo, who was "only" a soldier, was a rare Lucchese guy who had a crew big enough to actually make a move for the leadership. However, D'Arco didn't say that Facciolo had such intentions. But he think it could be the reason why Amuso and Casso had Facciolo killed.

I wonder why Paul Vario was never considered since he was an old time capo with an established crew. Maybe he was in jail at the time.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990561
05/04/20 04:24 PM
05/04/20 04:24 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Paul various died in jail little al actually took over his crew. Again buddy L was killed for something he did wrong kind of a consensus on the board tony ducks orderd/ok it.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990569
05/04/20 06:25 PM
05/04/20 06:25 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
We know now that Amuso was a bad choice, but if you think about it he would have seemed like a good pick at the time. Fifty-two years old, came up under Furnari, worker, earner, captain for 6 years. Great resume lol Ducks thought so highly of Furnari that he made him his consigliere, so it's only natural that he would pick Furnari's guy as the next boss.

Migliore looks like the best alternative. He seems to have been part of the inner circle for a long time. Not sure if he had been indicted yet. Amuso made him his consigliere before he went to prison.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990578
05/04/20 08:53 PM
05/04/20 08:53 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm just thinking of how organized and secretive this family was until Amuso, and how his rampage could have been avoided. Considering he would have likely started a Colombo-like war within the family anyway if he didn't get it, I suppose there was no avoiding it. That family was just destined for bad times.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990655
05/06/20 12:10 PM
05/06/20 12:10 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Malavita

May be wrong but I think; Vario was jailed during that period plus I don't think he would have been a good boss. Guy was in and out of jail alot. He did have alot of power as a captain though; I read his crew was one of/if not the largest crew in the family. He had alot of made guys in his crew which was unusual.

@pmac

Yea; Ducks ordered that Luongo hit. Luongo was trying to sideline Ducks.

@MightyDr

I agree; Migliore was a good choice... Sal Avellino may have been too white collar but I think the family would be in good shape today if he was boss. He's still alive and well... What Casso and Amuso did to Mike Salerno was a cardinal sin. They got rid of the old man cause they thought he was a threat. I don't even think he wanted to be the boss.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/06/20 12:11 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990662
05/06/20 02:33 PM
05/06/20 02:33 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
@Malavita

May be wrong but I think; Vario was jailed during that period plus I don't think he would have been a good boss. Guy was in and out of jail alot. He did have alot of power as a captain though; I read his crew was one of/if not the largest crew in the family. He had alot of made guys in his crew which was unusual.

It's true that he had a huge crew.

When you look at his soldiers in the 70's you can only think of how powerful he must have been on the street : Johnny Dio, Franck Manzo, Bruno Facciolo, Joe Sciavo, Al D'Arco, Babe Vario, Rugsy Vario, Anthony Stabile, Louis Daidone, Pete Abbinanti,..not to mention all the associates and semi-retired made guys

Many of these men had major operations and a lot of streetguys around them.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990665
05/06/20 02:49 PM
05/06/20 02:49 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
He was definitely loaded with that crew; How close was Vario with Tony Ducks?

Also you hear Castellano had his favorite captains; Joe Butch; Jimmy Brown Failla; and Bilotti.

Who were some of Corallo's favorite captains in the family???

One at the top of my head is Anthony Accetturo. He didn't really take alot of money from the Jersey crew.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/06/20 02:49 PM.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990707
05/06/20 10:07 PM
05/06/20 10:07 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
I don’t know if Corallo had enough people who would really go against Casso and Amuso because they were respected and feared. Harlem and Bronx were the power bases for the Luccheses and not Brooklyn but things were changing.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990762
05/07/20 08:43 PM
05/07/20 08:43 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
Maybe Tumac would’ve been good, but he was probably spending too much time in Florida by then... and no way a guy from Jersey would be boss.

But the real answer is Ducks should’ve remained as boss in prison (just like Amuso now) and designated Amuso only as street boss. That way he could demote Amuso and Casso when they start going crazy, and then designate someone else to be street boss. Or maybe order Amuso and Casso clipped. Ducks lived until 2000.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Malavita] #990768
05/07/20 10:35 PM
05/07/20 10:35 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Malavita
@Malavita

When you look at his soldiers in the 70's you can only think of how powerful he must have been on the street : Johnny Dio, Franck Manzo, Bruno Facciolo, Joe Sciavo, Al D'Arco, Babe Vario, Rugsy Vario, Anthony Stabile, Louis Daidone, Pete Abbinanti,..not to mention all the associates and semi-retired made guys

Was Dio actually in the Vario crew? I know he was locked up with him, and Hill talks about it in the book. Thus Frank Pellegrino portraying him in Goodfellas. It's hard to find any info that specifies which crew he belonged to. He seemed to have been all over the city and involved with major rackets. If Paulie was getting a weekly envelope from him no wonder he was raking in so much. On this note, does anyone know which crew Frankie Carbo was in? He too was labeled a "soldier" while being involved in some big rackets but you really don't hear about who he answered to.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: OakAsFan] #990804
05/08/20 12:07 PM
05/08/20 12:07 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by Malavita
@Malavita

Was Dio actually in the Vario crew? I know he was locked up with him, and Hill talks about it in the book. Thus Frank Pellegrino portraying him in Goodfellas. It's hard to find any info that specifies which crew he belonged to. He seemed to have been all over the city and involved with major rackets. If Paulie was getting a weekly envelope from him no wonder he was raking in so much. On this note, does anyone know which crew Frankie Carbo was in? He too was labeled a "soldier" while being involved in some big rackets but you really don't hear about who he answered to.

Frankie Carbo was actually in the Genovese family although he is widely credited with being with the Lucchese’s.

There was an induction list with deceased members and proposed members of the Genovese family and his name was on the deceased list. I’ve seen the picture of it but don’t have it available to show.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990806
05/08/20 12:10 PM
05/08/20 12:10 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990809
05/08/20 12:32 PM
05/08/20 12:32 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Vice amuse was the rite choice but he like gotti picked the wrong underboss. Neil Miglore was vics first consig but he was indicted in 87 for the second concrete club and I think locked up awaiting trial so he was gone. Then amuse first underboss was some old guy from the bronx or Harlem mac something. He did something wrong and was demoted casso comes into the hierarchy 87 88 and it was all down hill. IMO

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990811
05/08/20 02:04 PM
05/08/20 02:04 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Any of the Varios still involved? There seems to have been lots of them

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: pmac] #990817
05/08/20 04:35 PM
05/08/20 04:35 PM
N
Njein Offline
Capo
Njein  Offline
N
Capo
It was Mariano Macaluso who was forced into early retirement in 1989. He served as acting consigiliere in 1960s while Vincent Rao was imprisoned, then became underboss in 1986 after Tom Mix Santoro was hauled away to prison.

Any reason why Matthew Madonna was demoted to soldier in 2017?

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Njein] #990820
05/08/20 05:02 PM
05/08/20 05:02 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Njein
It was Mariano Macaluso who was forced into early retirement in 1989. He served as acting consigiliere in 1960s while Vincent Rao was imprisoned, then became underboss in 1986 after Tom Mix Santoro was hauled away to prison.

I read it was a move to shift the families power base

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: mchang93] #990822
05/08/20 06:03 PM
05/08/20 06:03 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by mchang93
Originally Posted by Njein

I read it was a move to shift the families power base

It's amazing how a family so small can be so geographically widespread.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990824
05/08/20 06:30 PM
05/08/20 06:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Long story short the brooklyn guys reached out to amuso in prison around 2017 and said something. Madonnas locked up and crea is too why should they still have the acting hierarchy positions in jail, so amuso said your the acting boss. Desantis I thinks his name

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Stubbs] #990825
05/08/20 06:49 PM
05/08/20 06:49 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Stubbs
Maybe Tumac would’ve been good, but he was probably spending too much time in Florida by then... and no way a guy from Jersey would be boss.

But the real answer is Ducks should’ve remained as boss in prison (just like Amuso now) and designated Amuso only as street boss. That way he could demote Amuso and Casso when they start going crazy, and then designate someone else to be street boss. Or maybe order Amuso and Casso clipped. Ducks lived until 2000.

Why do you say Anthony ''Tumac'' Accetturo couldn't have been boss just because he was from Jersey?? Did the family not respect Jersey at all?

Tumac was close with Tony Ducks. I read something a while back that Tumac didn't go through the regular traditions when he got made. He met with Ducks; and they said he was a Made guy; They didn't do the regular ceremony.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: OakAsFan] #990830
05/08/20 07:06 PM
05/08/20 07:06 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan

Was Dio actually in the Vario crew? I know he was locked up with him, and Hill talks about it in the book. Thus Frank Pellegrino portraying him in Goodfellas. It's hard to find any info that specifies which crew he belonged to. He seemed to have been all over the city and involved with major rackets. If Paulie was getting a weekly envelope from him no wonder he was raking in so much.

Good question. IIRC Dio was related to Jimmy Doyle so that would be my guess.

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

Woah, nice find Michael_Giovanni.

Re: Who should have been boss after Anthony Corallo? [Re: Zavattoni] #990837
05/08/20 07:29 PM
05/08/20 07:29 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

De Santis is married to Vic Amuso's daughter, I think.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull