GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, m2w), 134 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,279
Posts1,057,745
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul #989718
04/20/20 12:22 AM
04/20/20 12:22 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
I read that Joe Bilotti was spared death; after the hit on his brother Tom and Paul Castellano.

What was the exact reason for this??? There's been alot of brothers who have perished together.

Read Joe was tougher then his brother; but why was he spared if he was more dangerous.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 04/20/20 12:26 AM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989723
04/20/20 02:05 AM
04/20/20 02:05 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
Here's an excerpt from a "Gangland" article written right after Joe Bilotti's death:

Joseph BilottiGang Land Exclusive!Joseph Bilotti, a tough Gambino wiseguy who became a community activist and a church worker after his brother Thomas and mob boss Paul (Big Paul) Castellano were both killed in the spectacular midtown Manhattan assassination that was orchestrated by John Gotti, died of natural causes at his home in Staten Island last week. He was 83.

Within a few days of his brother's Christmas-time slaying in 1985, Bilotti agreed not to retaliate for his younger brother's death during a tense session with Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano in the South Beach section of Staten Island, said a former FBI agent who spoke to both men about their meeting.

"He really had no choice," the retired G-man told Gang Land. "Sammy told us he had a sitdown with Joe at the old Country Club Diner and told him it wasn't personal, just business, and to mind his Ps and Qs and he'd be okay," recalled the former agent, who asked that his name not be used. "When we went to interview Joe, he told us he couldn't talk to us about it," he said, noting however, that he and his partner "always believed that Joe wanted to talk to us about it."

Joseph BilottiIn Underboss, the 1997 book by Peter Maas, Sammy Bull said that after he and then-underboss Frank DeCicco argued that Bilotti "would accept what happened and become a good loyal soldier," Gotti sent them to speak to Bilotti because if "he decided to strike back, I could be the first to go."

"Joe was obviously nervous," said Gravano. "I told him that our move was primarily against Paul but that given his brother's relationship with Paul, he had to go too. I pulled back my jacket and showed him the cannon I was carrying. I told Joe: 'You know me a lot of years. If we wanted you dead, you think you'd be dead already?' He looked at me and nodded his head."

Salvatore Gravano"I said, 'Joe, I give you my word that you got a pass. I'm gonna be your captain. Don't worry when I send for you. You're a friend of ours in good standing. If you need me to sit down for you, I will. You got a tough job. You have nine kids. Tommy had nine kids. You have 18 kids to take care of.' And Joe's still alive today.'"

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989730
04/20/20 12:24 PM
04/20/20 12:24 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
In their minds there was no reason to kill him unless he wanted revenge. Salvie Testa did the same thing with Chickie’s Narducci’s kids. He told them why he killed their father and that he didn’t blame them for anything their father did and they accepted it and were in his crew

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/20/20 12:24 PM.
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989744
04/20/20 08:21 PM
04/20/20 08:21 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
joe b was a great guy one of the toughest

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989745
04/20/20 09:09 PM
04/20/20 09:09 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Imo it's disgusting how some of these gangsters quietly accept their relatives' murders and just go along with it without seeking any revenge, because they are afraid for their skins or even worse, because it "isn't personal, just business". If they gave a sh#t about their family members' deaths, they would have done anything in their power to have their killer's head. Salvie Testa killed his father's killers (with the exception of Casella), but imo only because he had the backup of the higher-ups in the organization. If his father's murder had been sanctioned by other bosses, he would have probably retreated "with his tail between the legs", like Narducci's children.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 04/20/20 09:28 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Dwalin2011] #989746
04/20/20 09:41 PM
04/20/20 09:41 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Imo it's disgusting how some of these gangsters quietly accept their relatives' murders and just go along with it without seeking any revenge, because they are afraid for their skins or even worse, because it "isn't personal, just business". If they gave a sh#t about their family members' deaths, they would have done anything in their power to have their killer's head. Salvie Testa killed his father's killers (with the exception of Casella), but imo only because he had the backup of the higher-ups in the organization. If his father's murder had been sanctioned by other bosses, he would have probably retreated "with his tail between the legs", like Narducci's children.

I usually dont say this but I'm from chester and spent some time with them boys and I'm telling you right now then or today even though frank has passed them boys would beat the brakes off your ass. It's the life everyone u mentioned has deep roots and its your family even before your own.

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Dwalin2011] #989747
04/20/20 09:42 PM
04/20/20 09:42 PM
S
Shellackhead Offline
Button
Shellackhead  Offline
S
Button

I mean, if he was not a made guy, then yeah it’s disgusting. But if he was a made guy? For what if you take an oath that the family & your friends come first before anything. So if they finger a relative & say that he’s an informant, you have to do it no questions asked. If you got a good reputation then they’ll let another guy do it.

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: mchang93] #989748
04/20/20 09:47 PM
04/20/20 09:47 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted by mchang93

I usually dont say this but I'm from chester and spent some time with them boys and I'm telling you right now then or today even though frank has passed them boys would beat the brakes off your ass. It's the life everyone u mentioned has deep roots and its your family even before your own.

Again, if Narducci's children cared about their father, they would have killed Salvie. Instead, they chose to go hand to hand with their father's killer, like cowards.

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Dwalin2011] #989749
04/20/20 09:56 PM
04/20/20 09:56 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
I dont argue on the net but anyone on here that has had encounters with them knows they have never been cowards soft or bitches by any stretch of the imagination. I get where your coming from and your point. I'm not speaking on it any more. Have a good night.

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: mchang93] #989750
04/20/20 10:11 PM
04/20/20 10:11 PM
D
Dwalin2011 Offline
Underboss
Dwalin2011  Offline
D
Underboss
Originally Posted by mchang93
I dont argue on the net but anyone on here that has had encounters with them knows they have never been cowards soft or bitches by any stretch of the imagination. I get where your coming from and your point. I'm not speaking on it any more. Have a good night.

If you knew them, maybe you know better but imo it was quite cynical to work in their father's killer's crew afterwards. Certainly, I am talking as an outsider to the situation, maybe they had their reasons, but still....

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 04/20/20 10:21 PM.

Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Dwalin2011] #989796
04/21/20 06:57 PM
04/21/20 06:57 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

All true. It's disgusting how avarice rips apart these people's relationships with their own flesh and blood. How does Joe Ciancaglini Sr. live with himself over what happened with his children? One dead, another invalid. If I was that guy's wife I would be furious.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989806
04/21/20 09:20 PM
04/21/20 09:20 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Look at the situation with Bruno Indelicato. His father Sonny Red Indelicato got whacked; and Bruno was also about to suffer the same fate. He still went back and worked with his father's killers.

I don't get it....

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Why was Joe Bilotti spared after the hit on Paul [Re: Zavattoni] #989808
04/21/20 10:09 PM
04/21/20 10:09 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
I know it ain’t the Mob, but in the Hells vs Rock Machine War. There was an instance where a Rock Machine members brother, who was also a member, was killed.

The surviving brother ended up becoming a HA after, and brother to the guys who murdered his actual bro.

Gangsters first, foremost, and for some, forever.

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 04/21/20 10:10 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull