GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 80 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who opened the drapes? #989305
04/11/20 01:58 AM
04/11/20 01:58 AM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Since going to the mattresses. I have been doing a lot of binge-watching of the Godfather films and related YouTube videos on the films. Like most, I usually pick up some new nuance with each viewing. In the scene in GFII when Mike enters the bedroom and Kay asks "why are the drapes open?". It appears as though when Mike stands by the window, for maybe a second he sees someone or someones ready to shoot in the bedroom. He immediately hits the deck. Is it possible that he did see the shooters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sk5ch2wwuw

https://www.theurbanpolitico.com/2016/12/godfather-two-who-opened-drapes.html

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: johnny ola] #989328
04/11/20 12:45 PM
04/11/20 12:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Michael did see the shooters because you see him react and start toward Kay a moment before the bullets start flying.

Theurbanpolitico discussion of possible culprits was thoughtful. I'd say that most people here believe Fredo opened the drapes. Yes, he told Michael that "I swear to God I didn't know it was gonna be a hit." And, Ola may have given him some BS story that they were going to scare Michael or kidnap him, which Fredo accepted because Ola probably promised him that he'd be the head of the family afterward. But, what other "help" could Fredo have given Ola and Roth other than opening the drapes? He wasn't privy to the Cuba discussions or anything else of substance--too busy picking people up at the airport and running Mickey Mouse nightclubs. He did have access to the house, and could have opened the drapes.

Some people here think Rocco may have been the culprit, probably because Michael sent him on that one-way mission to kill Roth. I don't think so.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: Turnbull] #989330
04/11/20 01:05 PM
04/11/20 01:05 PM
Tampa, Florida
johnny ola Offline OP
Underboss
johnny ola  Offline OP
Underboss
Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted by Turnbull
Michael did see the shooters because you see him react and start toward Kay a moment before the bullets start flying.
Some people here think Rocco may have been the culprit, probably because Michael sent him on that one-way mission to kill Roth. I don't think so.

Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the Roth assassination take place after the attempted assassination of Mike? Didn"t Rocco sort of "volunteer" for the contract on Roth?

I love my Chrysler and tuna fish sandwiches.
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: johnny ola] #989332
04/11/20 01:25 PM
04/11/20 01:25 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted by johnny ola
Originally Posted by Turnbull

Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the Roth assassination take place after the attempted assassination of Mike? Didn"t Rocco sort of "volunteer" for the contract on Roth?

As TB points out, some Board members have their chronology of events wrong.

By the way, I am convinced that Fredo opened the drapes based on his statement to Michael that Roth told him that he would only try to scare Michael. Also, Rocco did volunteer; there was no penance agenda involved.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: olivant] #989335
04/11/20 02:27 PM
04/11/20 02:27 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by olivant

By the way, I am convinced that Fredo opened the drapes based on his statement to Michael that Roth told him that he would only try to scare Michael. Also, Rocco did volunteer; there was no penance agenda involved.

Did Fredo say that Roth told him he would only try to scare Michael??? Here's the transcript:

FREDO

I didn't know it was gonna be a hit Mike -- I swear to god I didn't know it was going to be a hit. JOHNNY OLA bumped into me in Beverly Hills -- and he said that he wanted to talk -- he said that you and -- and -- ROTH were in on a -- a -- big deal together. And that there was something in it for me if I'd help 'em out. He said that -- he said that -- you were bein' tough on the negotiations. But if they could get a little help -- and close the deal fast -- it'd be good for the family.

MICHAEL

You believed that story. You believed that.

FREDO

He said there was something in it for me -- on my own.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: johnny ola] #989340
04/11/20 03:35 PM
04/11/20 03:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Well, scare or not, Fredo was asked to help and I'm still convinced that the help he provided was to open the drapes.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: johnny ola] #990960
05/10/20 07:20 PM
05/10/20 07:20 PM
United States
Paul Pisano Offline
Underboss
Paul Pisano  Offline
Underboss
United States
according to real life hitman joey black there is no such thing as going to the mattresses. many other gangsters in real life have referred to it including joe valachi. valachi stated they would carry fold up mattresses with them.

http://kingfish4400.webstore.com/

blu-ray/dvd/vhs/more. 1449 + titles. PRICE DROP ON ALL TITLES + 30 percent off all titles, free shipping, one bus day handling time, and guest checkout available- membership not required to make a purchase. 52 SALES to date. verified seller. BATMAN52 IS THE CODE THAT MUST BE ENTERED AT CHECKOUT TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Re: Who opened the drapes? [Re: johnny ola] #992002
05/28/20 04:24 PM
05/28/20 04:24 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
The Last Woltz Offline
Underboss
The Last Woltz  Offline
Underboss
Pittsburgh, PA
First time back after a few months of social distancing and what do I find - another "Who Opened the Drapes?" thread.

Nice to see that some things never change.

lol

"A man in my position cannot afford to be made to look ridiculous!"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull