GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 106 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo #983446
12/27/19 12:03 AM
12/27/19 12:03 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
https://www.cosanostranews.com/2019/12/root-cause-of-nicky-corozzos-rivalry.html?m=1

The Gotti and Corozzo rivalry is talked about in the very beginning of the article.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983449
12/27/19 01:13 AM
12/27/19 01:13 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Those Ruggiano articles are worth checking out

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983456
12/27/19 09:26 AM
12/27/19 09:26 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
It’s funny the Corozzo/Gotti rivalry has gone back a long time. I do remember Ruggiano had an issue with Gene Gotti being made before his protege Corozzo so Neil agreed to sponsor Corozzo and Ruggiano later agreed to Sponsor John Gotti.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983461
12/27/19 11:46 AM
12/27/19 11:46 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Does anyone know where their rivalry really stems from? I know they’re both from Brooklyn and both were on the rise at the same time. But what made Gotti the faster riser when Corozzo seems to have been a better earner? Such a good earner in.fact that Gotti decided not to kill him when he became boss.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983462
12/27/19 12:11 PM
12/27/19 12:11 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
Does anyone know where their rivalry really stems from? I know they’re both from Brooklyn and both were on the rise at the same time. But what made Gotti the faster riser when Corozzo seems to have been a better earner? Such a good earner in.fact that Gotti decided not to kill him when he became boss.

I gotta be honest I don't know the whole reason why their rivalry happened. Corozzo got made before him in April 1977. Technically Gotti was still in prison otherwise he probably would of have been made earlier but who knows. yes Gotti did rise faster mostly because of Fatico and Neil. Around the time when Gotti finally got released and made in October 1977 the Fatico brothers were going through trials so they wanted to take a step back, which opened the door for Gotti to take over that crew. Also Neil has control over certain crews. Although Paul didnt make Gotti an "official" capo of the bergin crew he was only technically an acting captain for a number of years which pissed off gotti even though he still controlled the crew. When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983495
12/27/19 08:36 PM
12/27/19 08:36 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
I think I read a while ago that Corozzo’s ancestors came from northern Italy but I could be wrong. If that is the case however, could that have anything to do with him moving slower than Gotti?

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983503
12/27/19 09:42 PM
12/27/19 09:42 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted by JCrusher
[When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions
Good point. They had a lot more support than Castellano did. I seriously doubt Gotti would have wanted to deal with that fallout. He steered clear of DeMeo for years for that very reason.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: pizzaboy] #983504
12/27/19 09:43 PM
12/27/19 09:43 PM
New York
A
AngieColombo Offline
Associate
AngieColombo  Offline
A
Associate
New York
Originally Posted by pizzaboy
[When gotti became boss there were a number of guys who weren't thrilled like Nicky and Joe Butch. I dunno if Gotti ever thought about killing them because that might have started a war within the family. Like I aid I don't know the whole story of why they had heat but I do know t kind of went back to their inductions
Good point. They had a lot more support than Castellano did. I seriously doubt Gotti would have wanted to deal with that fallout. He steered clear of DeMeo for years for that very reason.

That could’ve been crazy both Gotti boys and DeMeo crew were ruthless crazy f*ucks

“”get the f*uck outta here””
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: AngieColombo] #983505
12/27/19 09:47 PM
12/27/19 09:47 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by AngieColombo

That could’ve been crazy both Gotti boys and DeMeo crew were ruthless crazy f*ucks

can’t compare the Bergin crew to the Demeo crew. Gotti screw was tough but the Demeo crew was feared by everyone in the mob in NY

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: pizzaboy] #983507
12/27/19 09:50 PM
12/27/19 09:50 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Very true. By the way it’s great to see you Pizzaboy!!! . Anyway yes I agree Gotti liked to steer clear of any trouble. He also made peace with Anthony Casso because he was scared of getting into a war with him after everything that happened between them in 86

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/27/19 09:53 PM.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983508
12/27/19 09:55 PM
12/27/19 09:55 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Very true. By the way it’s great to see you Pizzaboy!!! . Anyway yes I agree Gotti liked to steer clear of any trouble. He also made peace with Anthony Casso because he was scared of getting into a war with him after everything that happened between them in 86

Thanks, bud.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983517
12/27/19 10:37 PM
12/27/19 10:37 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Gregory Scarpa was Northern Italian, if I remember correctly. I think he may have had to endure some prejudice while coming up, as a result, prior to becoming the Grim Reaper.

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 12/27/19 11:10 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983535
12/28/19 09:14 AM
12/28/19 09:14 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

There have always been a few northern italians involved in Italy as well as US and Canada. Most famous in Europe was Francesco Turatello born in Veneto region but he had the right connections through Frank Coppola, also known as "Frankie Three Fingers". He was Coppola's godson.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: MolochioInduced] #983558
12/28/19 04:29 PM
12/28/19 04:29 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by MolochioInduced
Gregory Scarpa was Northern Italian, if I remember correctly. I think he may have had to endure some prejudice while coming up, as a result, prior to becoming the Grim Reaper.

That’s correct. Sicilians and southern Calabrese were the majority in the american mafia at one point early on but in general southern Italians were always involved. Northern Italians were a minority but some still thrived in organized crime like Scapra and Canterino despite prejudice early on.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983559
12/28/19 04:30 PM
12/28/19 04:30 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

can’t compare the Bergin crew to the Demeo crew. Gotti screw was tough but the Demeo crew was feared by everyone in the mob in NY

From what I have read, I think the Gemini crew and the Cherry Hill Gambinos were the toughest crews out there. I think you could add Casso’s crew as well.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983560
12/28/19 04:32 PM
12/28/19 04:32 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

I didn’t know that Gotti made peace with Casso. I was also very surprised to learn that he backed down from Casso like he did with all of the fire power that he had in the Gambino family at that time.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983562
12/28/19 05:05 PM
12/28/19 05:05 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Gotti was tough but he did fear certain people and Casso was one of them. I still don’t know for sure if he really wanted Casso to be hit in 1986. Angelo Ruggiero and Casso hated eachother and after Casso said that Angelo was an idiot Angelo wanted to kill him because he was a hothead. Now obviously Gotti has to of known about it but he was also in jail at the time. But once it failed a Gotti sure as hell did everything he could to make peace with Casso. Casso still ended up killing Eddie Libo in 1990

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/28/19 05:06 PM.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983565
12/28/19 07:54 PM
12/28/19 07:54 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss

i wonder what the chin and fat tony salerno thought about roy and his crew

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983579
12/29/19 01:54 AM
12/29/19 01:54 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Gotti was tough but he did fear certain people and Casso was one of them. I still don’t know for sure if he really wanted Casso to be hit in 1986. Angelo Ruggiero and Casso hated eachother and after Casso said that Angelo was an idiot Angelo wanted to kill him because he was a hothead. Now obviously Gotti has to of known about it but he was also in jail at the time. But once it failed a Gotti sure as hell did everything he could to make peace with Casso. Casso still ended up killing Eddie Libo in 1990

Casso was pretty crazy when it came to killing people. Whether it was ordering it or doing it by his own hand. Maybe that’s why Gotti didn’t want a war with him. Ruggiero was in too high of a position it seems. I know he was Gotti’s best friend but I never hear about him being competent.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983580
12/29/19 01:56 AM
12/29/19 01:56 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
They probably looked at them as psychopaths. Did the Genovese family have a crew that was feared on that level? I’m sure they did because I really believe that most crews respected each other and didn’t really fear one another.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983581
12/29/19 01:57 AM
12/29/19 01:57 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks

Casso was pretty crazy when it came to killing people. Whether it was ordering it or doing it by his own hand. Maybe that’s why Gotti didn’t want a war with him. Ruggiero was in too high of a position it seems. I know he was Gotti’s best friend but I never hear about him being competent.

You are so fucking dumb everyone is crazy when they are killing people the Gotti family is a bunch of white trash you wish that you could hook up with those ugly fucking hags retard.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983582
12/29/19 01:58 AM
12/29/19 01:58 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
I don’t think Gotti was fearful of Corozzo but I think there’s a possibility he may have been threatened by him. Has Sammy ever talked about Corozzo?

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983584
12/29/19 02:03 AM
12/29/19 02:03 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member

Are you really that dumb that shut up you retard look up people like Fat Tony or Gerry Catena that is what scumb bagas asipre to not ugly hores that couldn't get picked up at a bar in a Syosett.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JC] #983614
12/29/19 01:08 PM
12/29/19 01:08 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Rough week there huh pal?

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983642
12/29/19 08:01 PM
12/29/19 08:01 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
I believe Gotti feared; or was atleast weary of Nino Gaggi.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Zavattoni] #983643
12/29/19 08:11 PM
12/29/19 08:11 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

I think so too. There’s not much info on Gaggi from what I’ve seen. Just that he was involved with DeMeo.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983647
12/29/19 08:34 PM
12/29/19 08:34 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
I think John was also wary of the Cherry Hill Gambinos. The way I’ve seen people talk about them on here it seems like they ran their own family and nobody would mess with them.

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: Zavattoni] #983648
12/29/19 08:35 PM
12/29/19 08:35 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

. Gaggi was the real deal as far as being a tough gangster. Even when he became capo he still went on hits(The eppolitos and George Bynum murders). I don’t have much information on the relationship between Gotti and Gaggi during the 70s and early 80s

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: JCrusher] #983649
12/29/19 09:47 PM
12/29/19 09:47 PM
S
Shellackhead Offline
Button
Shellackhead  Offline
S
Button

. Gaggi was the real deal as far as being a tough gangster. Even when he became capo he still went on hits(The eppolitos and George Bynum murders). I don’t have much information on the relationship between Gotti and Gaggi during the 70s and early 80s

Atleast from what I read from Murder Machine, Nino was close to the Gambino hierarchy since the 1950s

Re: Interesting article about Gotti and Corozzo [Re: pizzaboy] #983651
12/29/19 09:58 PM
12/29/19 09:58 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

Whoah!

Welcome back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull