GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Jimmy_Two_Times), 134 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,281
Posts1,057,757
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983329
12/24/19 08:32 AM
12/24/19 08:32 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

did michael even have a made guy under him or was he just protected by his dad huge crew of long island guys. kinda fell like he never propoed guys and carmine gave him a title as capo and just had him report direct to the bosses or carmine himself when hes not in jail. ive never heard mike prepose someone. i will give him credit geting made at like 24 25 yrs old and actualy going out and earning cause his dad sonny was always locked up so he didnt exactly ride the ccoat 100 percent

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: JohnnySalami] #983442
12/26/19 11:45 PM
12/26/19 11:45 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by JohnnySalami
Originally Posted by pmac
I still dont believe his bullshit about bringing carmine 2 million a week in the 1980tys. Thats crazy he says 100k a week which according to my math is 5.5 million a year that seems believable. 2 mill the persicos wouldnt even know were to put that much paper money. Thata like 100mill in 1 yrs get the fuck outta here. The whole 100 colombo family soldiers would have been killing each other over that much dough no way

Agreed I think that was a exaggerated number Franzese threw out there to sell his story, do I think he made millions yeah but not that much. Like you said if he brought that much they woulda been a war between alll the families not just the Colombo’s. Is perisco relatives even loaded like that? I know John gambinos family is loaded to the point his grand kids, grand kids, grand kids are set. They can wipe their ass with $100 bills and not hurt their pockets

How much money do you think John Gambino made compared to what Franzese said that he made? Just as much? As for the 2 mill a week to Persico, I would guess that he means on a great week. It probably varied from 6 figures to 7 maybe but I think there is no doubt that Franzese was probably making millions a week himself along with his partner Larry Iorizzo. Franzese along with a few others were making that overseas Italian OC level of money. Maybe not like the top Italian guys who were close to billionaires but he sure lasted longer than most of them.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983450
12/27/19 02:07 AM
12/27/19 02:07 AM
J
JohnnySalami Offline
Wiseguy
JohnnySalami  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
I still dont believe his bullshit about bringing carmine 2 million a week in the 1980tys. Thats crazy he says 100k a week which according to my math is 5.5 million a year that seems believable. 2 mill the persicos wouldnt even know were to put that much paper money. Thata like 100mill in 1 yrs get the fuck outta here. The whole 100 colombo family soldiers would have been killing each other over that much dough no way

Agreed I think that was a exaggerated number Franzese threw out there to sell his story, do I think he made millions yeah but not that much. Like you said if he brought that much they woulda been a war between alll the families not just the Colombo’s. Is perisco relatives even loaded like that? I know John gambinos family is loaded to the point his grand kids, grand kids, grand kids are set. They can wipe their ass with $100 bills and not hurt their pockets

How much money do you think John Gambino made compared to what Franzese said that he made? Just as much? As for the 2 mill a week to Persico, I would guess that he means on a great week. It probably varied from 6 figures to 7 maybe but I think there is no doubt that Franzese was probably making millions a week himself along with his partner Larry Iorizzo. Franzese along with a few others were making that overseas Italian OC level of money. Maybe not like the top Italian guys who were close to billionaires but he sure lasted longer than most of them.

That family got to be in the 8-9 figures the gambinos/inzerillos, today. I’m sure franzese is a millionaire but he don’t got their money

Last edited by JohnnySalami; 12/27/19 02:08 AM.
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: JohnnySalami] #983460
12/27/19 11:28 AM
12/27/19 11:28 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

That family got to be in the 8-9 figures the gambinos/inzerillos, today. I’m sure franzese is a millionaire but he don’t got their money

John Gambino’s family is also in bed with high level politicians and businessmen aren’t they? And I’m sure their net worth just keeps growing. Maybe they’ll be a billionaire dynasty-like family. Would be very Godfather-esque. If Franzese was able to continue what he was doing and eventually legitimize his businesses then he might have that type of money/power that John Gambino’s family has now.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 12/27/19 11:39 AM.
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983463
12/27/19 12:17 PM
12/27/19 12:17 PM
J
JohnnySalami Offline
Wiseguy
JohnnySalami  Offline
J
Wiseguy
politicians being in bed with OC died in the 60s 70s. There’s too much money coming from corporate America for them to fool around with criminals. They’ll grease a union official before someone who sits on the senates seat

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: JohnnySalami] #983496
12/27/19 08:43 PM
12/27/19 08:43 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
politicians being in bed with OC died in the 60s 70s. There’s too much money coming from corporate America for them to fool around with criminals. They’ll grease a union official before someone who sits on the senates seat

That’s how I look at it too. The American mob has really lost its way since then. It seems like the Gambinos(John and his family) are the only family that has really become a potential generational wealth family. Carlo’s, Paul’s and Gigante’s families as well actually. Tommy Gambino might have more money than everyone who was in that life.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983747
12/31/19 12:25 AM
12/31/19 12:25 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Many crews were dominant in Harlem and the Bronx historically like the Genovese. I am not sure if a Brooklyn gangster ever took the top spot within the genovese family.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #983751
12/31/19 01:12 AM
12/31/19 01:12 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Many crews were dominant in Harlem and the Bronx historically like the Genovese. I am not sure if a Brooklyn gangster ever took the top spot within the genovese family.

Frank Tieri was from Brooklyn although it is debatable wether he was the actual boss or just acting boss.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984073
01/04/20 11:38 AM
01/04/20 11:38 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In south Brooklyn the first major modern boss was Frankie Yale. His funeral was the biggest mafia funeral in NY ever. He was one of a new breed of gangster who believed in putting business ahead of ego, but for some reason Yale is somewhat overlooked in crime histories.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Hollander] #984077
01/04/20 12:00 PM
01/04/20 12:00 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
In south Brooklyn the first major modern boss was Frankie Yale. His funeral was the biggest mafia funeral in NY ever. He was one of a new breed of gangster who believed in putting business ahead of ego, but for some reason Yale is somewhat overlooked in crime histories.

I think because he was never really apart of the commission. He died right before what some could consider the golden age of the American mob. Also, I don’t think he belonged to a particular mafia family. Did he teach Luciano and others about putting business first?

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984079
01/04/20 12:42 PM
01/04/20 12:42 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I think because he was never really apart of the commission. He died right before what some could consider the golden age of the American mob. Also, I don’t think he belonged to a particular mafia family. Did he teach Luciano and others about putting business first?

I'm sure he dealt with the Camorra gangs and the Sicilians part of his territory was taken over by Profaci.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984092
01/04/20 02:55 PM
01/04/20 02:55 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Historically have Manhattan bosses, captains been more business oriented while Brooklyn bosses been more "blue collar"? I know these are sweeping generalizations and I don't believe one area is more "sophisticated" than the other. There's just more money in Manhattan, that's obvious, and I'm wondering if that made a difference in how the mobsters came up.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: OakAsFan] #984179
01/05/20 07:48 PM
01/05/20 07:48 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Historically have Manhattan bosses, captains been more business oriented while Brooklyn bosses been more "blue collar"? I know these are sweeping generalizations and I don't believe one area is more "sophisticated" than the other. There's just more money in Manhattan, that's obvious, and I'm wondering if that made a difference in how the mobsters came up.

That’s a good question. Lucchese was known as the white collar don. I can’t think of any big white collars schemes he had right now though. But nonetheless the power base for the family was in Manhattan. Same with the Genovese who were more white collar. Castellano was white collar and he was taken out by the Brooklyn powers that be in the gambino family who were more blue collar oriented.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 01/05/20 07:51 PM.
Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Hollander] #984180
01/05/20 07:52 PM
01/05/20 07:52 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss

I'm sure he dealt with the Camorra gangs and the Sicilians part of his territory was taken over by Profaci.

Where do you think he would’ve fallen had he lived? Would he have been a boss in his own family or would his crew have been absorbed by one of the 5 families?

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984182
01/05/20 08:03 PM
01/05/20 08:03 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Another Brooklyn mobster was Alphonse Malangone of the Genovese family. Very powerful and rich member who was friends with Gotti among others. He had a large piece of the garbage hauling rackets.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984184
01/05/20 08:08 PM
01/05/20 08:08 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Where do you think he would’ve fallen had he lived? Would he have been a boss in his own family or would his crew have been absorbed by one of the 5 families?

Difficult to say because in the beginning many guys switched sides like Luciano from Masseria to Maranzano and later also turning on the latter. Yale became close to Maranzano though so maybe Bonannos.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984208
01/06/20 09:48 PM
01/06/20 09:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

allie shades must have had a powerfull crew he comes from under that guy mickey genoroso who was acting undeboss when chin put barney as the street boss and was said to be underbpss during the 2000"s up to his death a few years ago. but allie shades was the genoese garbage king he shared that with jimmy brown from the gambinos. ive read the famous nightclub in brooklyn pastels was allie shades and it seems just about every family hung out there even gotti.

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984222
01/06/20 11:23 PM
01/06/20 11:23 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
PMAC i think allies guy was pete defeo

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984225
01/06/20 11:42 PM
01/06/20 11:42 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

was that the guy petey pumps? i read about some guy petey pumps he was always with funzi tieri in brooklyn in the 70tys . greg scarpa was heavily informing on him

Re: When Brooklyn took over [Re: pmac] #984325
01/09/20 12:53 PM
01/09/20 12:53 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
allie shades must have had a powerfull crew he comes from under that guy mickey genoroso who was acting undeboss when chin put barney as the street boss and was said to be underbpss during the 2000"s up to his death a few years ago. but allie shades was the genoese garbage king he shared that with jimmy brown from the gambinos. ive read the famous nightclub in brooklyn pastels was allie shades and it seems just about every family hung out there even gotti.

I bet Allie shades and Gotti didn’t hang out too often after he took out Castellano and Chin wanted to kill Gotti. I have been reading about Allie Shades though and you are right. Very powerful crew that made a ton of money with Romano and Rosario Gangi I think. I think Angelo Ponte was a member of the crew too and he had a carting business that was huge.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull