GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Lou_Para, DiLorenzo, 1 invisible), 83 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,708
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carmine Galante questions #980384
11/04/19 03:37 PM
11/04/19 03:37 PM
L
LouDiMagio Offline OP
Wiseguy
LouDiMagio  Offline OP
L
Wiseguy
When Galante was released from prison he tried to take over the heroin trade, who did he kill from the gambinos or other families?

Who did he supply?

Also how many zips did he bring over and who were they?

Thanks for any answers

Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: LouDiMagio] #980388
11/04/19 05:15 PM
11/04/19 05:15 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

thats a mystery. its written he orderd frankcostellos tomb blown up . someone did blow it up in 74 same time galantes released from prison. theory was galante believed costello had him set up on the drug case. but phil rastelli is the boss in 74 till he goes to prison in 76. thats when he makes galante the acting boss. so i doubt galante was any type of problem with phil or the other families. i doubt he had any made guys in other familys killed he would have never been allowed to be acting boss

Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: pmac] #980391
11/04/19 06:12 PM
11/04/19 06:12 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac
thats a mystery. its written he orderd frankcostellos tomb blown up . someone did blow it up in 74 same time galantes released from prison. theory was galante believed costello had him set up on the drug case. but phil rastelli is the boss in 74 till he goes to prison in 76. thats when he makes galante the acting boss. so i doubt galante was any type of problem with phil or the other families. i doubt he had any made guys in other familys killed he would have never been allowed to be acting boss

I don't think he killed other made guys either. You're right about him not having any problems with Phil Rastelli when he became acting boss. They had actually been friends for atleast 30 years till that point.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: LouDiMagio] #980392
11/04/19 06:39 PM
11/04/19 06:39 PM
L
Lou_Para Online content
Underboss
Lou_Para  Online Content
L
Underboss
Supposedly Galante attended a meeting in 1957 in Palermo Sicily with Joe Bonanno,and Lucky Luciano. At this meeting it was decided that the Sicilians would smuggle Heroin into New York and that Galantes organization would distribute it.

To this end,the "Cigar" set up a network of Pizza parlors throughout the US as a cover for this operation. The Zips who are usually associated with this were Baldassare Amato,Sal Catalano,and Cesare Bonventure although there must have been others.

Apparently.after a while.Galante became more trouble than he was worth Supposedly "Funzi"Tieri and acting Bonanno Boss "Rusty" Rastelli (with approval from Bonanno} put the "X" on Galante. Amato and Bonventre did the hit.

Galante was responsible for distributing his Heroin to other members of the Bonannos,not to other Mob Families. The only Gambino member that I could find {as far as getting hit} is Joseph LoPiccolo.

Bear in mind that Galante was a certified psychopath with a mental age of 14-15 yrs old. The famous Pizza Connection case was the result of this operation.

Hope this helps.

Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: LouDiMagio] #980394
11/04/19 06:52 PM
11/04/19 06:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

The other 4 families wouldnt have allowed galante to induct new members in the family if he killing guys in other familys. Phil rusty goes to jail in oct 76. He must have went infront of the other 4 bosses gambino, dibella, tieri, tony ducks and asked if its ok for galante to act as boss for the 6 yrs hes has to go to jail. And those 4 bosses must have said ok. I think the reason phil rusty oks galantes murder in 77 is cause he gave nick rizzuto the ok to kill violi. I dont have the dates but i think its in the time frame galante had basically xmis76 to xmis77. Then the feds tell galante hes marked for death and they violate his parole taking him off the street for 18months. Hes gets out summer of 1979 then he goes to that restaurant and gets killed

Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: Lou_Para] #980397
11/04/19 07:36 PM
11/04/19 07:36 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Supposedly Galante attended a meeting in 1957 in Palermo Sicily with Joe Bonanno,and Lucky Luciano. At this meeting it was decided that the Sicilians would smuggle Heroin into New York and that Galantes organization would distribute it.

To this end,the "Cigar" set up a network of Pizza parlors throughout the US as a cover for this operation. The Zips who are usually associated with this were Baldassare Amato,Sal Catalano,and Cesare Bonventure although there must have been others.

Apparently.after a while.Galante became more trouble than he was worth Supposedly "Funzi"Tieri and acting Bonanno Boss "Rusty" Rastelli (with approval from Bonanno} put the "X" on Galante. Amato and Bonventre did the hit.

Galante was responsible for distributing his Heroin to other members of the Bonannos,not to other Mob Families. The only Gambino member that I could find {as far as getting hit} is Joseph LoPiccolo.

Bear in mind that Galante was a certified psychopath with a mental age of 14-15 yrs old. The famous Pizza Connection case was the result of this operation.

Hope this helps.

Regardless of whether that was Galante's mental age, he was supposedly fluent in several languages and did business across continents. He was formidable. He wasn't just a tough guy.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: LouDiMagio] #980427
11/05/19 12:22 PM
11/05/19 12:22 PM
L
LouDiMagio Offline OP
Wiseguy
LouDiMagio  Offline OP
L
Wiseguy
https://allthatsinteresting.com/carmine-galante

It says in that article he allegedly killed 8 members of the gambinos, I wondered if anyone knew who they were, it can’t be true as it would of resulted in him been killed. He was in the end thought so makes you think, was he killing Gambino affiliated drug dealers?

Re: Carmine Galante questions [Re: LouDiMagio] #980431
11/05/19 03:05 PM
11/05/19 03:05 PM
L
Lou_Para Online content
Underboss
Lou_Para  Online Content
L
Underboss
The only Gambino member that I could find {as far as getting hit} is Joseph LoPiccolo.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull