GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,212
Posts1,056,141
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello #980226
10/31/19 09:51 AM
10/31/19 09:51 AM
PaulieSenter Offline OP
Button
PaulieSenter  Offline OP
Button
10/31/19 STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – During the course of a three-and-a-half-hour interrogation, Anthony Comello told a detective he killed mob boss Francesco (Franky Boy) Cali outside the victim’s Staten Island home seven months ago because Cali threatened to have him killed after Comello hit his SUV on the street, it was revealed in court Wednesday.

Later on, Comello changed his story, saying he had been blackmailed into killing Cali, 53, the Gambino crime family’s top honcho, by “people” who threatened to reveal how he contracted HIV from a stripper.

Comello, 25, also provided a third account, saying he had actually gone to the victim’s house to “spill the beans” and warn him that organized crime had ordered a hit on him.

A videotape of the March 16 interrogation played during a pretrial hearing also showed Comello telling a detective he took HIV medicine, vomiting into a wastebasket, requesting medical attention and complaining about the feds watching over everyone.

Justice William E. Garnett convened the hearing to determine whether Comello’s statements to authorities were made voluntarily and can be used against him at trial.

Robert Gottlieb, Comello’s lawyer, contends the Eltingville resident’s statements should be suppressed due to his physical and mental state at the time of the interview.

“They knew he had HIV and takes medication. They knew it was violent vomiting,” Gottlieb told the court. “The pain is so severe that the questioning is tantamount to keeping him in a coercive environment against his will. It all adds up, not only the physical illness, but the paranoia, that renders the statement involuntary. It is the totality of the circumstances.”

Assistant District Attorney Wanda DeOliveira countered that Comello had been read his Miranda rights against self-incrimination, waived them and spoke to investigators.

She said the defendant continued talking to detectives for about two and a half hours, even after throwing up.

“It’s whether or not his condition … impairs his decision-making,” said DeOliveira, who was joined by Assistant District Attorney Carrie Low. “It seems once he vomits, he appears better. … He’s offered to go to the hospital. It’s almost as if he’s bargaining with the detective … so I submit his mindset is crystal-clear. I ask the court to look at the video in its entirety.”

Only portions of the interview were played during the proceeding.

Garnett said he’ll review the entire tape in chambers.

The judge said he will rule on the defense motion to suppress the statements at the next hearing on Dec. 5 in state Supreme Court, St. George.

Comello did not testify during the three-and-a-half-hour proceeding.

Garbed in a dark blue suit and blue shirt, he is clean-cut, having shorn a bushy beard.

The defendant sat with his left hand cuffed to a chair at the defense table, writing on paper, drumming his fingers and whispering often to Paul Townsend, Gottlieb’s associate.

At the end of the hearing, Comello sought to address the court, but Garnett denied him.

The defendant is facing murder and other charges stemming from Cali’s March 13 slaying and is expected to present an insanity defense at trial.

A trial date has not been set.

DETECTIVE TESTIFIES

Detective Daniel Guariano of the Staten Island Homicide Squad was the only witness to testify.

He said he initially encountered Comello at around 8:45 a.m. on March 16 shortly after the defendant’s arrest in Ocean County, N.J.

Comello was in the back of a police car and was being taken to the Ocean County prosecutor’s office for questioning by Guariano.

The detective said Comello asked him if he watched Fox News, then said he had contracted AIDS after having sex with a stripper while high on cocaine.

Comello also said he was taking medicine for HIV.

Under questioning by Gottlieb, Guariano said he didn’t inquire further about the medicine.

Guariano said Comello was read his Miranda Rights after arriving at the Ocean County prosecutor’s office.

DeOliveira then played a segment of the tape in which Comello admitted to shooting Cali outside the victim’s Hilltop Terrace home.

He said he had parked on the victim’s street because it was dark, and smoked pot. He also said he was high on suboxone.

Comello told the detective he was so high, he backed into Comello’s SUV and knocked off the license plate.

He said the victim came out, he apologized, and Cali became incensed.

“He said, ‘What are you, f------ kidding me? … You don’t know who I am. I could have you killed. You’re lucky I don’t kill you right here and now,’” Comello told Guariano.

Frightened, Comello said he shot Cali.

“I was scared. I was jumpy, I was high. … I just zoned out. … I would never do something malicious like that,” said Comello.

Asked about the gun, a 9 mm, Comello told the detective: “I always had that gun. It’s a just-in-case gun.”

At that point in the interview, Comello said he didn’t know Cali, and the mob didn’t dispatch him to execute the victim.

“I feel horrible about it,'' he said. "I was threatened and I was scared. I’m nobody’s dog. I wasn’t sent there.”

ALTERNATE ACCOUNT

Later in the interview, the defendant provided alternate accounts of the shooting, including saying he was blackmailed into killing Cali.

When the detective asked who, bringing up the name of several mobsters, Comello, responded, “I’m not a rat.”

However, Comello also said he had received a text from mobsters a few days before the slaying telling him to “take care of that other guy.”

In his cross-examination, Gottlieb hammered at Guariano for not inquiring further about the Comello’s HIV medicine and the effect it could have on him.

Gottlieb also contended Comello was seriously ill as evidenced by his vomiting.

In addition, he questioned why the detective didn’t pursue further when Comello initially asked the investigator if he watched Fox News.

The lawyer also suggested Comello’s statements about the all-watching feds and their “Eye in the Sky” was evidence of paranoia.

In court papers, the defense maintains Comello drove to the house to affect a citizen’s arrest on Cali.

He believed the mob boss “held a significant status in a worldwide criminal cabal bent on the destruction of American values and the American way of life,” a defense motions contends.

That alleged criminal conspiracy group is commonly referred to as the “Deep State.”

In the weeks preceding the slaying, Comello had become increasingly vocal about his support of the QAnon group – a right-wing conspiracy-theory organization in which he is believed to have a fundamental role: Protecting President Trump, according to a defense motion.

“Comello’s support for QAnon went beyond mere participation in a radical political organization,” the motion said. “It evolved into a delusional obsession.”

According to the motion, Comello planned to handcuff Cali and deliver him to the military.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980227
10/31/19 11:16 AM
10/31/19 11:16 AM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Wait, wait, wait... so this kid got HIV or AIDS from a stripper while high on cocaine!? This is a true verified fact?

Or did he "think" he got it from a stripper and go to the hospital and get the "HIV pills"? Unbelievable.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PetroPirelli] #980230
10/31/19 12:39 PM
10/31/19 12:39 PM
M
mike68 Offline
Underboss
mike68  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by PetroPirelli
Wait, wait, wait... so this kid got HIV or AIDS from a stripper while high on cocaine!? This is a true verified fact?

Or did he "think" he got it from a stripper and go to the hospital and get the "HIV pills"? Unbelievable.

Well, there's a good reason for not letting the guy date your niece. Although I doubt that's a legitimate story at this point. This kid is whacked in the head. Pardon the pun.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980234
10/31/19 12:53 PM
10/31/19 12:53 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
I think the police made a test for know if Comello have the HIV in this months,so why dont say that he had or not the HIV? And dont matter how he think he got the disease.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980241
10/31/19 02:18 PM
10/31/19 02:18 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
as i said
that's the weirdest hit ever
and it's keeps going lol...
but if it's true what that comello saying
then who could be asking for cali to be dead is it internal or what ?

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980243
10/31/19 02:23 PM
10/31/19 02:23 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
maybe the reason that his funeral was almost empty it's because the family wanted him dead ?

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980245
10/31/19 02:41 PM
10/31/19 02:41 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the guys got aids his lawyers using it in his case. so hes probaly on that rikers island hiv unit if thats still a thing. cant lie about it ,theres doctor records an stuff. no doctor gonna prescribe hiv meds unless your 100 percent positive. its almost a thing of the past the only people i know with hiv is herions guys i went to school with who sharded needles cause they dont give afuck about life. but this kid comes from a nice family. dads has a big construction company so you know he has pull and youll always have a job on staten island then bammm 23 yrs old you get diagnosed with HIV fuck that sucks would make most people go off the deep end......

Last edited by pmac; 10/31/19 02:44 PM.
Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980246
10/31/19 02:45 PM
10/31/19 02:45 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

read the kids a welder. good money in that trade also the cop was asking if he knew mob guys he says its staten island everyones knows the mob lol. makes me think frank cali is probaly the biggest fish on that island atleast top 3 guys. he knew who he was i dont know if i buying any of it. he was smoking weed and just happend to back into his car. its strange

Last edited by pmac; 10/31/19 02:48 PM.
Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: pmac] #980248
10/31/19 03:09 PM
10/31/19 03:09 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by pmac
the guys got aids his lawyers using it in his case. so hes probaly on that rikers island hiv unit if thats still a thing. cant lie about it ,theres doctor records an stuff. no doctor gonna prescribe hiv meds unless your 100 percent positive. its almost a thing of the past the only people i know with hiv is herions guys i went to school with who sharded needles cause they dont give afuck about life. but this kid comes from a nice family. dads has a big construction company so you know he has pull and youll always have a job on staten island then bammm 23 yrs old you get diagnosed with HIV fuck that sucks would make most people go off the deep end......

Like in dallas buyers club,everyone can get the aids if you made unprotected sex,the misfortune is that at 23 y and with the care you can receive in prison, I doubt that cComello will get out of prison alive.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: MeyerLansky] #980249
10/31/19 03:11 PM
10/31/19 03:11 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
maybe the reason that his funeral was almost empty it's because the family wanted him dead ?

Maybe the shot callers doesn't want to be photographed by the FBI.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: MeyerLansky] #980258
10/31/19 08:08 PM
10/31/19 08:08 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
as i said
that's the weirdest hit ever
and it's keeps going lol...
but if it's true what that comello saying
then who could be asking for cali to be dead is it internal or what ?

If it's a hit it has to be internal I don't think Cali was involved in disputes with other families he was close to the Genoveses I think.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980259
10/31/19 08:15 PM
10/31/19 08:15 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Some genovese guy from brooklyn asked a judge for permission to go to his wake. Said it was his best friend. One of the guys indicted with chins son

Last edited by pmac; 10/31/19 08:16 PM.
Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980270
11/01/19 08:33 AM
11/01/19 08:33 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
What a fucking mess. This could have been the hit of the century and all we got is a wacko with aids smh...imagine if he really did get black mailed by some Gambino guys looking to take over Cali’s rackets. That would be some shit but I just don’t see how they would get away with it without getting caught these days.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: JoeTadaro] #980271
11/01/19 09:01 AM
11/01/19 09:01 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
What a fucking mess. This could have been the hit of the century and all we got is a wacko with aids smh...imagine if he really did get black mailed by some Gambino guys looking to take over Cali’s rackets. That would be some shit but I just don’t see how they would get away with it without getting caught these days.

That would be some shit but I just don’t see how they would get away with it without getting caught these days.

There is the old way aka the lupara bianca,if there is no body,there is no crime,lok to the hoffa case: 40 and over years and nobody sentenced for his murder.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: furio_from_naples] #980274
11/01/19 11:09 AM
11/01/19 11:09 AM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

There is the old way aka the lupara bianca,if there is no body,there is no crime,lok to the hoffa case: 40 and over years and nobody sentenced for his murder.

The guys the FBI suspected of the Hoffa disappearance were hounded by the FBI ever since. Tony Pro died in jail, I believe Russell Buffalino did as well. Frank Sheeran died a free man, but spent much of his life behind bars.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980275
11/01/19 12:21 PM
11/01/19 12:21 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
Sounds like this guy is either going for an insanity plea, or is actually batshit. Odd that he would just so happen to literally run into this specific guy though.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: Fleming_Ave] #980280
11/01/19 02:37 PM
11/01/19 02:37 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

The guys the FBI suspected of the Hoffa disappearance were hounded by the FBI ever since. Tony Pro died in jail, I believe Russell Buffalino did as well. Frank Sheeran died a free man, but spent much of his life behind bars.

Provenzano was convicted in the Anthony Castellito murder and sent to prison,Bufalino went out of jail in 1989 after a 10 y sentence (and only because was the bufalino boss) Frank Sheeran made 9 years and was released due the poor health in 1991 and the other detroit mobsters made few or none time in prison and died free and old.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980291
11/01/19 03:15 PM
11/01/19 03:15 PM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
So do you think this was an organised hit using this fucked up kid?

British is best....
Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: British] #980293
11/01/19 03:25 PM
11/01/19 03:25 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by British

no, but this murder is very ambiguous

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: British] #980296
11/01/19 06:49 PM
11/01/19 06:49 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by British

I guess anything is possible, but if someone in the Mob used him for this hit, I think they would have clipped him afterwards to keep his mouth shut.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: furio_from_naples] #980297
11/01/19 06:51 PM
11/01/19 06:51 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

Provenzano was convicted in the Anthony Castellito murder and sent to prison,Bufalino went out of jail in 1989 after a 10 y sentence (and only because was the bufalino boss) Frank Sheeran made 9 years and was released due the poor health in 1991 and the other detroit mobsters made few or none time in prison and died free and old.

I believe you are correct Furio. But it was Buffalino, Sheeran, and Provenzano that were suspected, rightly or wrongly. Sheeran took responsibility and says Bufalino gave him the order. We will never know for sure.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: Fleming_Ave] #980298
11/01/19 07:13 PM
11/01/19 07:13 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

I believe you are correct Furio. But it was Buffalino, Sheeran, and Provenzano that were suspected, rightly or wrongly. Sheeran took responsibility and says Bufalino gave him the order. We will never know for sure.

Its just a mine opinion but I think that Sheeran at the end of his life was in a nursing house maybe was broke and with the hope to let some money to his family,agreed to speak to Brandt for made the book I heard you paint houses.
I read the book years ago but remember that in a capitol the author doesnt understood what Sheeran are saying so I think that he said what the people wanted to hear: Yes I killed Hoffa,Joe Gallo and even was in the team that killed Castellano.
The fact that in the house that he market to the fbi there was spot of blood,for sure maybe someone speaked to him on how Hoffa was whacked.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980307
11/02/19 05:57 AM
11/02/19 05:57 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

They also talked about the niece of Cali.

How cops grilled alleged mob-boss killer on possible Mafia ties, rub-outs

https://www.silive.com/news/2019/10...ler-on-possible-mafia-ties-rub-outs.html

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980308
11/02/19 08:08 AM
11/02/19 08:08 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Lol reading all that stuff about this Comello guy is giving me a headache. He just appears to be completely batshit crazy, but the question still remains; why of all people Cali?

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980310
11/02/19 10:43 AM
11/02/19 10:43 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
my theory is that maybe he wanted to date cali himself so he did his move to get his attention and hit his car
then cali refused and got mad about his car
then comello shot him.
tbh that's hit is so weird that i won't be surprised at all if it's true grin lol

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: TheKillingJoke] #980315
11/02/19 12:15 PM
11/02/19 12:15 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Lol reading all that stuff about this Comello guy is giving me a headache. He just appears to be completely batshit crazy, but the question still remains; why of all people Cali?

Who knows what was going through Comello's drug addled mind? Maybe Cali was a target just for being a powerful guy. Or maybe Comello really believed his own conspiracy theory bullshit. At least it wasn't a bunch of innocent kids in school or something.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: Fleming_Ave] #980465
11/06/19 01:48 PM
11/06/19 01:48 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
I think something is very fishy with this and more may come out. I wouldnt put it past someone using this guy as a way to take out Cali and not catch the shit storm. Staten Island most Italians know of each other and this guy may have been picked to carry it out because of his drug addiction and crazy shit he had done leading up to this. A dope fiend would kill anyone for the right price and even though his family is well off financial support was cut off awhile ago for him once knowledge of his addiction reached his family.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: mchang93] #980511
11/06/19 10:20 PM
11/06/19 10:20 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted by mchang93
I think something is very fishy with this and more may come out. I wouldnt put it past someone using this guy as a way to take out Cali and not catch the shit storm. Staten Island most Italians know of each other and this guy may have been picked to carry it out because of his drug addiction and crazy shit he had done leading up to this. A dope fiend would kill anyone for the right price and even though his family is well off financial support was cut off awhile ago for him once knowledge of his addiction reached his family.

There is no way the mafia was involved

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980513
11/06/19 10:43 PM
11/06/19 10:43 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Frank Calì was a major player he had a huge influence among the Sicilians, but he was known as the invisible boss. Michael Di Leonardo, also revealed how Franky Boy's influence in the New York Cosa Nostra was constantly getting stronger. That he is getting killed by a lone nut is very weird.

Re: Mob-boss killer’s interrogation Anthony Comello [Re: PaulieSenter] #980516
11/06/19 11:17 PM
11/06/19 11:17 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Some YouTube reporter i fell apon getting me into this QAnon shit. Its nuts and larpers. I love it. Like the internet made this guy do it but who Was behind the larpers

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull