GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (The_Marble_Guy), 106 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980523
11/07/19 01:21 AM
11/07/19 01:21 AM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
Why you ask? Because they are mobsters and only care about money and because they break rules all the time. This isnt the days of Donathan Coreleone and Frank Costello...it hasnt been for awhile even with castellano. He broke many rules.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Hollander] #980612
11/08/19 09:05 AM
11/08/19 09:05 AM
Gustavo Offline
Wiseguy
Gustavo  Offline
Wiseguy
Not the Barney Bellomo you r thinking of...He was never involved w drugs. It was his cousin w same name. The Barney you are thinking of was arrested 1st time at 17 and then again in 1996. That drug case was in the 1980's and not him.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Gustavo] #980624
11/08/19 02:30 PM
11/08/19 02:30 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Gustavo
Not the Barney Bellomo you r thinking of...He was never involved w drugs. It was his cousin w same name. The Barney you are thinking of was arrested 1st time at 17 and then again in 1996. That drug case was in the 1980's and not him.

Yea there is alot of confusion between the two they are double cousins meaning thier dads are brothers and thier moms are sisters. LE has confused them for each other once or twice.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980646
11/08/19 08:57 PM
11/08/19 08:57 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Yes you guys are right, I'm not saying Barney himself was involved in drugs but his father Salvatore Bellomo was.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980651
11/08/19 10:03 PM
11/08/19 10:03 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
The Cherry Hill Gambinos probably made more money than any other crew in America. They were also feared because the Sicilians would not hesitate to kill anybody. What side were they on during the mafia war between the Corleonesi at that time?

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980653
11/08/19 11:17 PM
11/08/19 11:17 PM
J
JohnnySalami Offline
Wiseguy
JohnnySalami  Offline
J
Wiseguy
The inzerillos. I heard something that they murdered one of their own to satisfy riina or something along those lines. Some real greaseball shit

Last edited by JohnnySalami; 11/08/19 11:18 PM.
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Hollander] #980671
11/09/19 09:53 AM
11/09/19 09:53 AM
Gustavo Offline
Wiseguy
Gustavo  Offline
Wiseguy
That has to be rumor..I have never heard that. Def not true.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980733
11/10/19 02:17 AM
11/10/19 02:17 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
If the Cherry Hill Gambinos were the most powerful crew then why didn’t they retaliate after their ally Castellano was killed? They probably could have taken control of the family from Gotti.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980750
11/10/19 02:01 PM
11/10/19 02:01 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
If the Cherry Hill Gambinos were the most powerful crew then why didn’t they retaliate after their ally Castellano was killed? They probably could have taken control of the family from Gotti.

Thats a good question; Revis. John and Rosario prolly didn't have aspirations for the boss spot; or want a war. John Gambino did have alot of heavy hitters in his crew; and could have made a statement against Gotti. I believe Gotti was afraid of the Cherry Hills; He always stayed cordial with them; and let them be..

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980751
11/10/19 02:13 PM
11/10/19 02:13 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It's never been clear to me if Castellano ever took any steps to get to Gotti and, if he didn't, why not.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: olivant] #980753
11/10/19 02:59 PM
11/10/19 02:59 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by olivant
It's never been clear to me if Castellano ever took any steps to get to Gotti and, if he didn't, why not.

I don't understand why he didn't take steps to get rid of Gotti. He was under indicement at the time so that may have been a reason.

He didn't have any heavy hitters anymore once the DeMeo crew was gone.

I'm still wondering though; Why didn't he just use the Cherry Hill Gambino's? There were some murderous guys in that crew. They had connections everywhere; and im pretty sure they would have gotten rid of Gotti; and those who were close with him. Castellano was just too slow to act..

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980755
11/10/19 03:38 PM
11/10/19 03:38 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni

I don't understand why he didn't take steps to get rid of Gotti. He was under indicement at the time so that may have been a reason.

I'm still wondering though; Why didn't he just use the Cherry Hill Gambino's? There were some murderous guys in that crew. They had connections everywhere; and im pretty sure they would have gotten rid of Gotti; and those who were close with him. Castellano was just too slow to act..

i think that this is the main reason : "He was under indicement"
and also i think he didn't believe gotti will make a move like that

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980756
11/10/19 03:44 PM
11/10/19 03:44 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

Thats a good question; Revis. John and Rosario prolly didn't have aspirations for the boss spot; or want a war. John Gambino did have alot of heavy hitters in his crew; and could have made a statement against Gotti. I believe Gotti was afraid of the Cherry Hills; He always stayed cordial with them; and let them be..

Were the cherry hill gambinos the main american beneficiaries of the Pizza connection? The Sicilians made the most money of course. It was a $600 million operation. So we know they had tens of millions of dollars amongst themselves and maybe even more. And to add to that, they were ruthless. Did they invest in legitimate businesses as well?

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980798
11/11/19 06:56 PM
11/11/19 06:56 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Donnie Brasco said that many of the American mobsters did not like the Zips and they were afraid that they would take over. Did the cherry hill gambinos ever get into a war with opposing factions because of that?

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980804
11/11/19 09:55 PM
11/11/19 09:55 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Donnie Brasco said that many of the American mobsters did not like the Zips and they were afraid that they would take over. Did the cherry hill gambinos ever get into a war with opposing factions because of that?

no because both don carlo and big paul were related to them
but after big paul death then i guess gotti fear from them so he let them do as they please...

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980811
11/11/19 11:08 PM
11/11/19 11:08 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Were there ever any Neapolitan or Calabrese factions within the 5 families like the cherry hill gambinos? I’ve only heard about the Sicilian faction in the Gambino and Bonanno families.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980812
11/11/19 11:18 PM
11/11/19 11:18 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
CALABRESE LOST THEIR SHOT WITH ALBERT, NAPPI'S LOST SHOT WITH GOTTI ,DECICCO EXCUSE CAPS ON

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980813
11/11/19 11:32 PM
11/11/19 11:32 PM
NY
A
AlanR Offline
Wiseguy
AlanR  Offline
A
Wiseguy
NY
Were there ever any Neapolitan or Calabrese factions within the 5 families like the cherry hill gambinos? I’ve only heard about the Sicilian faction in the Gambino and Bonanno families.

It’s probably the same reason why Castellano and the rest of the old school bosses didn’t want anything to do with Italians that weren’t of Sicilian ancestry. Like DeMeo, from Bologna, John Gotti, from Naples.

The Young Guns
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: MeyerLansky] #980814
11/12/19 12:14 AM
11/12/19 12:14 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky

no because both don carlo and big paul were related to them
but after big paul death then i guess gotti fear from them so he let them do as they please...

@Revis; The Cherry Hills never got in a war; but they did have alot of beef with Scarfo; and Philly though. Rosario and Scarfo hated eachother.... Only when Rosario was sentenced to 45 years for that drug charge did the beef stop. If not; It's possible a war could have happened...

@Meyer; Gotti was prolly afraid; You start messing with Rosario and John you could have reprisal from their Sicilian connections in Palermo. Those guys where no joke. Gotti gave himself a favor by just letting the Cherry Hill's earn. He even ignored Scarfo's request to have Rosario; and Matty Gambino murdered. Gotti didn't wanna rock the boat in NY or Sicily. Scarfo knew he couldn't do anything further down the line when he found out that Rosario was made in Palermo and was practically "Untouchable"

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980816
11/12/19 12:29 AM
11/12/19 12:29 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
From what I read;

John Gambino took care of the Cherry Hill operations and was the top guy in NY; He ran the crew...Rosario was the top guy in the Philly/NJ area and took charge of local matters. John was rarely in the Philly/NJ area. He lived in New York.

Another thing; Some of the guys reported to Castellano; and some of the guys to their bosses in Sicily. Guess there was an arrangement??

It's so interesting that these guys had one foot in the NY Gambino crime family; and to their Sicilian Gambino clan in Palermo/Sicily.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: AlanR] #980818
11/12/19 03:51 AM
11/12/19 03:51 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by AlanR

It’s probably the same reason why Castellano and the rest of the old school bosses didn’t want anything to do with Italians that weren’t of Sicilian ancestry. Like DeMeo, from Bologna, John Gotti, from Naples.

I think Castellano’s main problem with DeMeo was that he was so brutal and he sold drugs. He had close associates who were not Sicilian. And the 3 major OC groups in Italy all had close ties. Calabria and Sicily are also almost one in the same. But during Gambino and Castellano’s time the Ndrangheta was not the powerhouse that it is today. The Camorra was.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980836
11/12/19 03:27 PM
11/12/19 03:27 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss

I think Castellano’s main problem with DeMeo was that he was so brutal and he sold drugs. He had close associates who were not Sicilian. And the 3 major OC groups in Italy all had close ties. Calabria and Sicily are also almost one in the same. But during Gambino and Castellano’s time the Ndrangheta was not the powerhouse that it is today. The Camorra was.

Castellano was so vulnerable when the DeMeo crew ceased to exist. He should have had another heavy hitter crew in the family. He had the Cherry Hill's but I don't know the exact relationship he had with John and Rosario. All I know is he let them deal dope and left them alone.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 11/12/19 03:28 PM.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980842
11/12/19 03:53 PM
11/12/19 03:53 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Maybe he thought Neil Dellacroce could control Gotti even when he got sick. It was just two weeks after Neil's death they took Paul out, so he didn't have the time to plot against Gotti.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980844
11/12/19 04:22 PM
11/12/19 04:22 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

Castellano was so vulnerable when the DeMeo crew ceased to exist. He should have had another heavy hitter crew in the family. He had the Cherry Hill's but I don't know the exact relationship he had with John and Rosario. All I know is he let them deal dope and left them alone.

Gotti didn’t want to go toe to toe with DeMeo. Why was their a lack of retaliation against the Luccheses and Genoveses when they were killing Gambino family members Eddie Lino, Frankie DeCicco and Bobby Boriello? D’Arco once said Sammy was afraid of him but I doubt it. I think he was just being careful because they were at war. Casso and his crew were to be feared though.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 11/12/19 04:27 PM.
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980846
11/12/19 04:25 PM
11/12/19 04:25 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss

Interesting question. I don't know but I guess because Cherry Hill is about a 2 hour ride from NYC. I don't know how much contact Gotti had with the Cherry Hill people before he became boss. If people from far away had showed up at the Ravenite or something when there was tension between Gotti and Castellano it might have put him on the defensive. John Gotti may not have been a sophisticated boss like, say a Frank Costello, but I think he was street smart. I am sure him and his crew were expecting Castellano to do something, they would have seen it coming.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Fleming_Ave] #980847
11/12/19 04:29 PM
11/12/19 04:29 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

Interesting question. I don't know but I guess because Cherry Hill is about a 2 hour ride from NYC. I don't know how much contact Gotti had with the Cherry Hill people before he became boss. If people from far away had showed up at the Ravenite or something when there was tension between Gotti and Castellano it might have put him on the defensive. John Gotti may not have been a sophisticated boss like, say a Frank Costello, but I think he was street smart. I am sure him and his crew were expecting Castellano to do something, they would have seen it coming.

Gotti had connections to zips later on as well. Sicilians and neapolitans. It is said that powerful Camorra Don Antonio Bardellino and Gotti were in contact with one another.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 11/12/19 04:29 PM.
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980868
11/13/19 12:38 AM
11/13/19 12:38 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Revis_Knicks; Not sure why Gotti never retaliated. He prolly knew he was in the wrong for whacking a boss; and just wanted to appease the other bosses. Anthony Corallo and Vincent Gigante absolutely hated his guts....

@Fleming_Ave; It is a two hour drive but once Gotti became boss; Didn't he have a meeting with a bunch of captains and was officially annointed boss? I read that Anthony Gaggi refused to show up..... He was out on the streets then; Not long but he was still earning; What about the Cherry Hills?? Did Rosario and John refuse to show up?? I would love to know..... They prolly resented Gotti for killing their cousin...

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #980906
11/13/19 08:55 PM
11/13/19 08:55 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
The Luccheses were not afraid of Gotti at all. Which is very surprising because the Gambinos were much larger and much more powerful.

Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Revis_Knicks] #980908
11/13/19 09:50 PM
11/13/19 09:50 PM
NY
A
AlanR Offline
Wiseguy
AlanR  Offline
A
Wiseguy
NY
The Luccheses were not afraid of Gotti at all. Which is very surprising because the Gambinos were much larger and much more powerful.

They really wasn’t, they just couldn’t get to gotti because he always had media around him & traffic was heavy so any murder attempt would be spoiled, or the shooters would of been caught & most likely ratted.

The Young Guns
Re: Paul Castellano and the Cherry Hill Gambino's. [Re: Zavattoni] #981035
11/16/19 10:49 AM
11/16/19 10:49 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Was there any crew outside of the Gambino family that could ever pose a serious threat to the Cherry Hill Gambinos in those days?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull