GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, Liggio), 113 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,147
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company #975355
07/19/19 05:41 AM
07/19/19 05:41 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline OP
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline OP
J
Made Member

According to gangland news Mancuso is not happy at all with Joe C and Porky for the defense strategy they used to beat their racketeering rap. Seems like there is a lot of tension right now and with mancuso back on the streets this could get interesting. I don’t see Joe c and porky just sitting back being ok with being shelved.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975358
07/19/19 06:08 AM
07/19/19 06:08 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Apparently Bronx capo John Palazzolo was bumped up. With Badalamenti and him we see some familiar family names at the top now.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975359
07/19/19 06:14 AM
07/19/19 06:14 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by JoeTadaro

According to gangland news Mancuso is not happy at all with Joe C and Porky for the defense strategy they used to beat their racketeering rap. Seems like there is a lot of tension right now and with mancuso back on the streets this could get interesting. I don’t see Joe c and porky just sitting back being ok with being shelved.

Mancuso is right in the sense that it's pathetic "gangsters" would utilise those kind of defenses, and makes you wonder if they'd be able to take a lengthy sentence on the chin. On the other hand, didn't Mancuso murder his wife and leave her dying on a park bench outside a hospital?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: Moe_Tilden] #975364
07/19/19 06:50 AM
07/19/19 06:50 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Mancuso is right in the sense that it's pathetic "gangsters" would utilise those kind of defenses, and makes you wonder if they'd be able to take a lengthy sentence on the chin. On the other hand, didn't Mancuso murder his wife and leave her dying on a park bench outside a hospital?

Yes.
From Wiki

In 1984, Mancuso fatally shot his wife Evelina and left her body on a bench in front of Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx.Mancuso pleaded guilty to manslaughter and served ten years in prison.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975370
07/19/19 07:28 AM
07/19/19 07:28 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline OP
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline OP
J
Made Member
This could get interesting. And this might sound like a stupid question but once you get shelved is that it for you? Like has any one ever got shelved and then let back into the family down the road?

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975374
07/19/19 08:37 AM
07/19/19 08:37 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
This could get interesting. And this might sound like a stupid question but once you get shelved is that it for you? Like has any one ever got shelved and then let back into the family down the road?

Its not a stupid question:if you got shelved ,anyone in the family can't made bussiness with you and you lost all your rackets that will be give to another people. An example is George Barone that was a genovese made man that controlled for years the water front and that in the 1990s was shelved because refused to give a no show job in the union to a Chin son. Barone lost many money and as revenge,flipped.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 07/19/19 08:38 AM.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975376
07/19/19 09:23 AM
07/19/19 09:23 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMw9MvNm3c

Funny you say that. I watched a clip of The Sopranos recently where Ralph asks Johnny Sack if he can switch families. I pondered if something similar could happen in real life. I know Roy De Meo originally ran with the Luccheses and Sammy Gravano originally ran with the Colombos, but they weren't as high up as Ralph was in the show. There would be a closer connection between Cammarano's situation and Ralph's.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975379
07/19/19 09:39 AM
07/19/19 09:39 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline OP
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline OP
J
Made Member
So is joe c and porky supposed to just sit back and let mancuso take all they’re rackets and put them on the shelve? They’re career wise guys how else are they going to keep up living the lifestyle they are used to with no rackets and no standing in the family? I just don’t see them being ok with this lol they have to be plotting some sort of revenge or something you would think.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975380
07/19/19 10:23 AM
07/19/19 10:23 AM
S
Shampoo Offline
Wiseguy
Shampoo  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Maybe I’m missing something but wasn’t the basis of their defense that the Feds were discriminating against them because they were Italian? That doesn’t alone seem enough to shelve someone. What else did they say that would have Mancuso that upset?

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: Moe_Tilden] #975382
07/19/19 10:28 AM
07/19/19 10:28 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMw9MvNm3c

Funny you say that. I watched a clip of The Sopranos recently where Ralph asks Johnny Sack if he can switch families. I pondered if something similar could happen in real life. I know Roy De Meo originally ran with the Luccheses and Sammy Gravano originally ran with the Colombos, but they weren't as high up as Ralph was in the show. There would be a closer connection between Cammarano's situation and Ralph's.

Gravano and DeMeo was both associates but a man that was made in a family can't pass to an another family.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975383
07/19/19 11:10 AM
07/19/19 11:10 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

the guyb porkys lawyer used the feds debriefing of there witnesses describing 5 different guys in the family being the consig. the lawyer kept driving the point home to the jury whose in charge. the witness has said 4 5 guys other then porky has been consig. anthony rabito, spiriito, desimone, vinny tv. how can my cliente be consig if the govs witnesses are saying all thses other guys are in charge. the lawyer basically was calling the family unstable and poking fun at it. guess mike nose felt he was disrespected which kinda was. but it was a smart stratagy. this will probaly work its shelf out the get all put into 1 crew under someone mancuso trusts

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: furio_from_naples] #975385
07/19/19 11:14 AM
07/19/19 11:14 AM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Its not a stupid question:if you got shelved ,anyone in the family can't made bussiness with you and you lost all your rackets that will be give to another people. An example is George Barone that was a genovese made man that controlled for years the water front and that in the 1990s was shelved because refused to give a no show job in the union to a Chin son. Barone lost many money and as revenge,flipped.

This is all true, but the final straw for Barone was he was going to get clipped if he ever left Florida and went back to NYC. He was summoned back on the pretense of the Genovese giving him some money he thought he was owed.. and a friend who was sent down to Florida to deliver the message warned him not to go.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975386
07/19/19 11:17 AM
07/19/19 11:17 AM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
So is joe c and porky supposed to just sit back and let mancuso take all they’re rackets and put them on the shelve? They’re career wise guys how else are they going to keep up living the lifestyle they are used to with no rackets and no standing in the family? I just don’t see them being ok with this lol they have to be plotting some sort of revenge or something you would think.

From my understanding is these guys are loaded from their legit businesses alone. So if they're smart, they'll take this as a blessing and retire from "the life" and focus on their families + legit businesses. Considering the Bonanno's turbulent history and huge amounts of rats the past two decades, this is a huge blessing for these guys not to end up like Vinny Gorgeous or Joe Massino.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975387
07/19/19 11:20 AM
07/19/19 11:20 AM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo

My guess is this was all just an excuse to justify Mancuso weakening the Sicilian faction and solidifying his power. I think Joe C tried declaring himself boss a few years ago too while Mancuso was still in the can.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975395
07/19/19 12:59 PM
07/19/19 12:59 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Guys that were have become unshelved in later years, 5 years was the shortest known and 26 years was the longest known. Philadelphia had 2 members shelved, and both came back in the 1960s. Bonanno family has a history of shelving members before Joe Massino became boss, 15 to 20 members and only a little over half of the members came back into the fold. Joe C allegedly said he was the boss at a making ceremony on Staten Island so that would have ticked Mancuso, Pork had been in hot water before and also the Simone Espolito is unclear how power changed hands in the Consigliere position. Joe C, Vito Grimaldi and Joe Grimaldi being sacked, I say that John Palazzolo is strongly involved. We have seen many bosses become fearful of a rival faction in their family, thus breaking the crew up, or demoting capos, and Big Paul even shelved an unknown capo during his reign. Members of one family can transfer to another family as long as those two families bosses are ok with it, also better to make sure administration and other certain members of those families are ok with it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975401
07/19/19 01:17 PM
07/19/19 01:17 PM
J
JoeTadaro Offline OP
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline OP
J
Made Member
So do you guys think there’s any chance that joe c makes a move on mancuso to take back the family? Or is it just not worth it. I get that being shelved it could be a blessing in disguise for these guys but maybe they don’t think the way that we do and they are pissed about it lol

Last edited by JoeTadaro; 07/19/19 01:18 PM.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975404
07/19/19 02:14 PM
07/19/19 02:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

its petty to break down the father inlaw n brother in law just because there related. they been members of the family longer then mancuso atleast the father. something liuke this will work its self out. theyll all be back in the fold in time. if they arnt already. maybe all in the same crew with the elder grimaldi in charge. its a bad look. wild bill cutolo won his trial in 1994 he was on shelf. in 2 years he was official underboss. he was going around calling the boss a rat trying to over throw him. he probaly wouldnt have been murderd in 1999 if allie boy never got arrested for the gun case. they brought half the family back off the shelf to.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #975420
07/19/19 04:34 PM
07/19/19 04:34 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Guys that were have become unshelved in later years, 5 years was the shortest known and 26 years was the longest known. Philadelphia had 2 members shelved, and both came back in the 1960s. Bonanno family has a history of shelving members before Joe Massino became boss, 15 to 20 members and only a little over half of the members came back into the fold. Joe C allegedly said he was the boss at a making ceremony on Staten Island so that would have ticked Mancuso, Pork had been in hot water before and also the Simone Espolito is unclear how power changed hands in the Consigliere position. Joe C, Vito Grimaldi and Joe Grimaldi being sacked, I say that John Palazzolo is strongly involved. We have seen many bosses become fearful of a rival faction in their family, thus breaking the crew up, or demoting capos, and Big Paul even shelved an unknown capo during his reign. Members of one family can transfer to another family as long as those two families bosses are ok with it, also better to make sure administration and other certain members of those families are ok with it.

Sorry Giacomo do you have any examples of made men that passed to another family?

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975425
07/19/19 05:03 PM
07/19/19 05:03 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Even a transfer between Sicilian mafia and American families is possible.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: furio_from_naples] #975426
07/19/19 05:23 PM
07/19/19 05:23 PM
Toronto
T
TheWolf Offline
Wiseguy
TheWolf  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Toronto

Sorry Giacomo do you have any examples of made men that passed to another family?

It is extremely rare, but it can happen. To finally put an end to the Gallo wars, Albert Gallo was switched from the Columbo's into Chin's crew in the mid-70's.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975427
07/19/19 05:58 PM
07/19/19 05:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

theres no way the boss is gonna transfer his former underboss and 2 capo plus a consig( whose a huge earner) to any other family. he puts them on the shelf he bumps up there underlins and keeps there rackets, if he transfer them to another family there taking there rackets over there, no way. that grimaldi family been linked to joe bonanno so there rackets go back probaly 50+yrs. i was reading in comments over the other place(kinda belive it makes sense) joe c was one of many capo's in 2005 that elected mike nose as boss in 05 when massino flipped and basciano was going away. so he did try some shady stuff taking over the family a few years ago. but like wild bill cutolo after he won at trial and allie boy was acting boss for his father 95 96 97 98 they brought wild bill back into the fold and gave him all his shit back. nose will knock them all down to soldiers probaly make them report direct to him so he get his money. massino did that with bruno indelicato and vinny basciano in the 90tys to keep a eye on them. its not the nba, the boss isnt trading westbrooke for paul and 4 first round picks

Last edited by pmac; 07/19/19 06:01 PM.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: TheWolf] #975434
07/19/19 07:08 PM
07/19/19 07:08 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted by TheWolf

It is extremely rare, but it can happen. To finally put an end to the Gallo wars, Albert Gallo was switched from the Columbo's into Chin's crew in the mid-70's.

I could be wrong but I don't think that Albert was made when they got transferred.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975439
07/19/19 07:44 PM
07/19/19 07:44 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Albert Gallo was not made at the time of the transfer.

Furio, I will just give you examples of the San Jose crime family.
Dominic Anzalone- made in Pittsburgh
Joseph Cerrito- made in Profaci family
Salvatore Cerrito- made in Profaci family
Joseph Cusenza- made in Detroit
Tony Ditri- made in Bonanno family
Vincenzo Figlia- made in Profaci family
Anthony Maggio- made in Philadelphia
Salvatore Marino Sr- made in Pittsburgh
Filippo Morici- made in Chicago, transferred to one of the New York families, then transferred to San Jose.
Anthony Scavuzzo- made in Newark family, transferred to Bonanno family, then to San Jose.
Carmelo Sciortino- made in Los Angeles, transferred to San Francisco, then to San Jose
Salvatore Vassallo- made in Bonanno family
Giuseppe Vicari- made in New Orleans
Stefano Zoccoli- made in Pittsburgh

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975443
07/19/19 08:31 PM
07/19/19 08:31 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i dont think there been a transfer since 70tys. surposely vincent gigiante had anuff pull to get punchy and kid blast released by the colombos to his crew and they were only associates in late 70tys. i read the colombos would knock them down every time there names went around for induction. vic orena was still furious to get even with them in the 80tys greg scarpa told his handlers in 88 89. sonny fransese called kid blast a coward to his wired up son in 2005. so i dont think people think highly of guys transfering families

Last edited by pmac; 07/19/19 08:34 PM.
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975447
07/19/19 10:07 PM
07/19/19 10:07 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Transfers mostly happens when guys move from one city to another, within NYC it doesn´t happen much.

Last edited by Hollander; 07/19/19 10:07 PM.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975450
07/20/19 03:07 AM
07/20/19 03:07 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Between the New York families themselves? No. The only known events were when the families were set permanent after the Castellammarese War, and members could choose the group in the family they came up with or join a different family do to blood relatives or old friends that were in the other family. Newark family disbanded, where four unidentified members from the Genovese family switch to other New York families, two to the Lucchese, one to Profaci, and one to Bonanno, this was under Frank Costello reign. Late 1940s New Jersey and Connecticut made members of the New York City families transferred between themselves. After that there is no evidence of made members of the New York families transferring between those families, only associates being transferred. Once you are made in one of the New York families, you can not be transferred unless it is too a different city like Philadelphia or Boston for examples. Made members from different family across the nation and members from Sicily and Italy can transfer to one of the New York families and vice versa, but not between New York families if made. Now there is no known rule or any examples of made members after the 1940s transferring between New York City families, so it is possibly that they can switch families and we just have not heard about it, but I think that with each family having a set cap of how many made members they can have at a time, they discourage it or there is a rule about it that many New York mobsters who turned seemed to forgotten to mention it. In all the 1940s was the last time members in the New York families transferred between themselves. Boston made a half dozen men and transferred them to the Genovese crime family as a favor to Vito Genovese, but that was between Boston and the Genovese crime family, not between New York families, however the other New York families would have to be informed of it before hand to make sure the Genovese crime family was not going over the set amount of made members in their family.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975451
07/20/19 04:57 AM
07/20/19 04:57 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
My bad, during the Bonanno war in 1960s, some Bonanno members temporarily transferred membership to other crime families.
1. John Petrone temporarily tl Colombo family
2. Andrew Bucaro temporarily to Colombo family
3. Mike Sabella temporarily to Lucchese family.
4. Angelo Salvo temporarily to Genovese crime family.
5. Vincenzo Morsellino temporarily to Lucchese crime family
6. Felix Mule temporarily to Gambino family
There is also a father and son who transferred to the Gambino crime family, father came back to the Bonanno family and son was made in the the Gambino family in the 1970s.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #975452
07/20/19 05:39 AM
07/20/19 05:39 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Albert Gallo was not made at the time of the transfer.

Furio, I will just give you examples of the San Jose crime family.
Dominic Anzalone- made in Pittsburgh
Joseph Cerrito- made in Profaci family
Salvatore Cerrito- made in Profaci family
Joseph Cusenza- made in Detroit
Tony Ditri- made in Bonanno family
Vincenzo Figlia- made in Profaci family
Anthony Maggio- made in Philadelphia
Salvatore Marino Sr- made in Pittsburgh
Filippo Morici- made in Chicago, transferred to one of the New York families, then transferred to San Jose.
Anthony Scavuzzo- made in Newark family, transferred to Bonanno family, then to San Jose.
Carmelo Sciortino- made in Los Angeles, transferred to San Francisco, then to San Jose
Salvatore Vassallo- made in Bonanno family
Giuseppe Vicari- made in New Orleans
Stefano Zoccoli- made in Pittsburgh

Ok thanks Giacomo.

Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975565
07/21/19 03:48 PM
07/21/19 03:48 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Joe C tried to take over! what he thought was going to happen?
Joe C: I'm the boss
Mancuso: uhhhh, no your not
Joe C: ok

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Mancuso shelves Joe c, porky and company [Re: JoeTadaro] #975566
07/21/19 03:49 PM
07/21/19 03:49 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Don't sound like he had too much support, I guess after it became public other guys got cold feet

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull