GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (CNote, 2 invisible), 99 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,701
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,703
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sal Sparacio #974294
07/03/19 07:41 PM
07/03/19 07:41 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline OP
Underboss
Scalish  Offline OP
Underboss
Hamilton
Sal Sparacio died in jail at 96.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974303
07/03/19 08:43 PM
07/03/19 08:43 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974305
07/03/19 09:15 PM
07/03/19 09:15 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Interesting career he had as a bookie. Wasn't the reason he was not made sooner was Bruno Angelo held a grudge against him as he was with the Camden New Jersey faction, and was only made when Phil Testa came to power with backing from Scarfo and he was made after Testa was blown up?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974306
07/03/19 09:30 PM
07/03/19 09:30 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Figured prominently in The Goodfella Tapes giving counsel to John Stanfa.

Who says these guys don't get taken care of in prison when they live to that age? Him, Scarfo and Persico all had good innings. Franzese, Locascio and Amuso still alive. Casso and Gravano living a lot longer than people expected after their health issues.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Moe_Tilden] #974308
07/03/19 09:42 PM
07/03/19 09:42 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Who says these guys don't get taken care of in prison when they live to that age? Him, Scarfo and Persico all had good innings. Franzese, Locascio and Amuso still alive. Casso and Gravano living a lot longer than people expected after their health issues.

Bobby Manna is 89.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Hollander] #974310
07/03/19 10:20 PM
07/03/19 10:20 PM
NEPA and now Fla
J
Jshov31 Offline
Retired Capo
Jshov31  Offline
Retired Capo
J
Made Member
NEPA and now Fla
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Bobby Manna is 89.

And is still the toughest guy I’ve ever met.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974311
07/03/19 10:30 PM
07/03/19 10:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh probaly should have plead out. Read somewhere he was close to phil leonetti. He probaly was a good earner so scarfo kept him with his nephew. He seen the writting on the wall with merlino n all the young guys. He told stanfa something like lets make peace. He knew it was all bad for business.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974326
07/04/19 08:07 AM
07/04/19 08:07 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
He had a lot of guys around him ( for a associate ) and always was loaded . I think he had Tony Buck behind him or someone just as important . He was a gambler other then being a big book and game guy . He had stuff in Jersey and Philly . I know once a bunch of them got pinched by the C.C.C. In AC they and many stopped coming around , local police chief was a Italian and not to say he was ever on the take but there was a sort of agreement . But still you had street cops that would break balls but never really do anything.

Especially after couple of their own and a Ducktown cop Angeloni’s hamngaround and his crew were pinched for there big coke network and AC police chief knew Nick had nothing to do with it not even being kicked up right in his own neighborhood gave him props from shit like that.

The guys that were coming to AC was crazy ! From all families young dudes too , and many would just go by Georgia ave. don’t know if invited or doing it to see who was out front.

See there was always a crew out front of Scarf. even if it was Nicky Jr. friends or Phil’s friends before and if summer forget about it Scarf mom had the place packed with family and I mean packed .

Those guys from Philly North Jersey NY would just drive by and park if office door was not open they walk to a bar(or go see Beeps) and have drinks and every now and then they would look down the street because someone would show up in front of Nicks . They had Beeps about 100 ft. fron Angeloni’s s on Arctic Avenue and a lot of them knew Beeps from up north .

This was all around Sal’s time.

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/04/19 10:16 AM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Serpiente] #974339
07/04/19 04:56 PM
07/04/19 04:56 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Serpiente
He had a lot of guys around him ( for a associate ) and always was loaded . I think he had Tony Buck behind him or someone just as important . He was a gambler other then being a big book and game guy . He had stuff in Jersey and Philly . I know once a bunch of them got pinched by the C.C.C. In AC they and many stopped coming around , local police chief was a Italian and not to say he was ever on the take but there was a sort of agreement . But still you had street cops that would break balls but never really do anything.

Especially after couple of their own and a Ducktown cop Angeloni’s hamngaround and his crew were pinched for there big coke network and AC police chief knew Nick had nothing to do with it not even being kicked up right in his own neighborhood gave him props from shit like that.

The guys that were coming to AC was crazy ! From all families young dudes too , and many would just go by Georgia ave. don’t know if invited or doing it to see who was out front.

See there was always a crew out front of Scarf. even if it was Nicky Jr. friends or Phil’s friends before and if summer forget about it Scarf mom had the place packed with family and I mean packed .

Those guys from Philly North Jersey NY would just drive by and park if office door was not open they walk to a bar(or go see Beeps) and have drinks and every now and then they would look down the street because someone would show up in front of Nicks . They had Beeps about 100 ft. fron Angeloni’s s on Arctic Avenue and a lot of them knew Beeps from up north .

This was all around Sal’s time.

Love ur inputs& stories Serp ...always intriguing.!

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974340
07/04/19 04:58 PM
07/04/19 04:58 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline OP
Underboss
Scalish  Offline OP
Underboss
Hamilton
I agree. Serp knows Phillie.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974342
07/04/19 08:22 PM
07/04/19 08:22 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Well it’s old news but it’s all over now , but it was fun and did not spend to much time locked up and only had a few near death episodes but other then that I thought everyone lived like us .

I just wish I knew it was going to be history fucken telling you we had no clue and were living everyday like it’s last , shit we thought it was never going to end .

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974347
07/04/19 11:57 PM
07/04/19 11:57 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

phil lleonetti must have held back alot of stuff about his cousins and uncles and by that everyone in there crew who were activly breaking laws the whole time scarfo waas in power and none of them got indicted. serp mention sal might have been with scarfo uncle tony buck or ones of the brothers. all them guys didnt get pinched after phil fliped hmmmm. the other guys tommy del and crow wernt in a position to know what scarfo blood familyss crew was up to but phil knew and must have left it out.... the start of georges book the goodfella tapes is great. its like a kid in college taking bets in his dorm room. the customers were working for the fbi. the college kid brings his action to this guy sal sparacio and the rest is history down goes stanfa oh what a good book great read forgot about it. george a had some sleepers like this one and mobfather about tommy del classics

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #974351
07/05/19 04:42 AM
07/05/19 04:42 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
There was a good reason behind Sparacio wasnt made before 1981?

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974353
07/05/19 05:18 AM
07/05/19 05:18 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Pmac, Andrew Tommy DelGiorno, got his start by writing numbers for Blase Salvatore Sr and Salvatore Sparacio back in the 1960s. He dealt with Blase, and did not start doing business with Sparacio until the mid 1970s. Through working for them he met John Bastione and broke away from them in the late 1960s.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: pmac] #974355
07/05/19 07:02 AM
07/05/19 07:02 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac
phil lleonetti must have held back alot of stuff about his cousins and uncles and by that everyone in there crew who were activly breaking laws the whole time scarfo waas in power and none of them got indicted. serp mention sal might have been with scarfo uncle tony buck or ones of the brothers. all them guys didnt get pinched after phil fliped hmmmm. the other guys tommy del and crow wernt in a position to know what scarfo blood familyss crew was up to but phil knew and must have left it out.... the start of georges book the goodfella tapes is great. its like a kid in college taking bets in his dorm room. the customers were working for the fbi. the college kid brings his action to this guy sal sparacio and the rest is history down goes stanfa oh what a good book great read forgot about it. george a had some sleepers like this one and mobfather about tommy del classics

Right on .... Pmac none of his friends or family went down , the ones that did he had nothing to do with the Feds already had them.

They wanted Phil to seal the deal on others like the Chin and other NY families.

If Phil told it you would of had guys in western PA going down you would of had a shit load of locals going down and not one of our locals went down that the Feds did not already have.

Not saying he not a rat just saying he could of buried a shit ton of locals .

I went through his book on the beach a few times and he does mention a few guys that were his friends and he could of nailed them and most were still in business for years one of them lived two doors from The Atlantic County prosecutor Jeffery Blitz and had lots going on .

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/05/19 07:08 AM.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #974356
07/05/19 07:10 AM
07/05/19 07:10 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Pmac, Andrew Tommy DelGiorno, got his start by writing numbers for Blase Salvatore Sr and Salvatore Sparacio back in the 1960s. He dealt with Blase, and did not start doing business with Sparacio until the mid 1970s. Through working for them he met John Bastione and broke away from them in the late 1960s.

True , where did you get this info ? most of this was going on everywhere in Jersey and PA .

Bruno was not greedy he let associates operate with crews as big as skippers and even had associates much richer then a shit ton of made guys with a reasonable tribute .

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/05/19 07:22 AM.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974375
07/05/19 11:28 AM
07/05/19 11:28 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

think it was tommy dels ex wife in the book mobfather saying how tommy del was such a piece of shit he started under frankie flowers and when he had a chance to hitch his wagon to some one higher in the philly mob he did. he had no loyalty. think he went to sindone. she blasted him for not trying to help frankie flowers when scarfo was fucking him up for tribute. she called him a pussy for not helping his old friend. she also says how the fuck did this half polack get let into the mob his mother was 100 percent polish. its a great book. but my point kinda was phil had like the same deal as sammy the bull they didnt have to testify or probaly fully divulge info on there family members n crew. i think that sal sparacio lucked out being placed in scarfos blood familys crew. wether it was phils or his uncles. the feds indicted every member of the family for 1 thing or another by 1989. they all skated. then the guy keeps kicking up to stanfa and gets a life sentence for mostly talking about mob murders he had no part in doing. bruno wasnt really inducting knew guys. when books opend in 1977 i read he made 2 guys untill his murder in 1980. there was probaly a few more but the fbi said they knew of 2. joe chang n frank sindone. that was another reason they killed him he wasnt recruiting knew blood on top of abunch of nother reasons. stanfa was on the tapes bad mouthing sal alot. he called him soft and didnt know why he was made. in nyc they made aton of guys just like sal cause they earn, not every guy i bet was a killer. strength in numbers to. someone got to surport the leg breakers

Last edited by pmac; 07/05/19 11:29 AM.
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974389
07/05/19 01:56 PM
07/05/19 01:56 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Yeah I was talking about Sal early when Phil was not made yet but yeah Sal was just a earner he had a good mind for it and was able to multitask with a shit load of guys . He was out there and was around tons of people and that’s how he was able to be good at what he did ...he was not a killer .....don’t understand why guys think everybody can kill . Shit some guys kill and are never the same “ they lose it . You need all of them if they have a mind to make money .

Bruno is a strange guy ... kept the family small so he could get as many made guys out of trouble. So many think it was something else, it was that . He was not overly greedy. He played by the rules for most part . And he really wanted his made guys to not get put away.

Shit he did not make guys kick up . The associates flourished and had shit everywhere and that’s how his guys did alright if they had a mind for it .

But just like any boss let’s shit go and gets clipped.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Serpiente] #974398
07/05/19 04:29 PM
07/05/19 04:29 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

True , where did you get this info ? most of this was going on everywhere in Jersey and PA .

Bruno was not greedy he let associates operate with crews as big as skippers and even had associates much richer then a shit ton of made guys with a reasonable tribute .

It was in a debriefing of Tommy DelGiorno and again in a cross examination while he was at court testifying. In court he said he was Capo over Anthony "Tony Buck" Piccolo, Tony Buck went from soldier to acting Consigliere when his uncle Nicky Buck was promoted to Consigliere and Nicky Scarfo was sent to prison in Texas. My understanding was Nick was the capo over Tony Buck until he was bumped up to Consigliere, then Phil Leonetti was made capo of the crew.But if true that Tony Buck was under DelGiorno, then it would corroborate what Nick Caramandi, Eugene Milano, and Lawrence Merlino had told the feds that many guys in DelGiorno crew were not treated right and was talking to Scarfo and other capos about their skipper and wanting to be place in different crews, we known that is how Nick Caramandi and Charles Iannece were able to get out of the crew.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974407
07/05/19 07:05 PM
07/05/19 07:05 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I have no clue what you are doing, I was asking about back in the late 60’s and early to mid 70’s.

All that 80’s-90’s stuff I know.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Serpiente] #974426
07/05/19 08:59 PM
07/05/19 08:59 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I have no clue what you are doing, I was asking about back in the late 60’s and early to mid 70’s.

All that 80’s-90’s stuff I know.

About Tommy DelGiorno debriefing. His history. He started out working for Blase Salvatore Sr, and Salvatore Sparacio around 1964, but he only when through Blase and he talked of a bar in Camden N.J. By 1967, DelGiorno and John Bastione split from that group and did their own thing. That same year Joey McGreal became a backer of Tommy DelGiorno and John Bastione booking operations. McGreal goes to prison around 1970 and Tommy DelGiorno and John Bastione hooks up with Colcher and D'Alfonso with Frankie flowers becoming DelGiorno mentor around 1971. 1973 McGreal is released from prison and starts to throwing his weight around in both Philly and New Jersey. He angers a lot of mobsters in not Just Philadelphia family, but Genovese and Decavalcante families as well, do to him muscling in on bookmaking operations, card games, but the most obvious why McGreal was killed was cause he was trying to get his old spot in Local 107, which Ralph Natale was now in, Bruno, Genovese and Decavalcante were not having it. December of 1973, Tommy DelGiorno is called to a meeting by Joey McGreal, that same night McGreal is found shot to death. After New years and sometime in early spring of 1974 DelGiorno meets with Salvatore Sparacio and they get along but dont do business together. Sparacio is a lot more happy, and it appears that Joey McGreal had always been a pain in Sparacio side, and an incident between Joey McGreal and James Grandrimo, dont know if it is Sr, or Jr from the 1960s seems to have been the cause.

Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #974440
07/06/19 01:17 AM
07/06/19 01:17 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
If I may ask...Mr. Giacomo Vacari...how old r you???.....& where do u get this info from????…..some is right..some is ass down WRONG...do u know how McGreal at least was killed???

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Sal Sparacio [Re: Scalish] #974443
07/06/19 05:46 AM
07/06/19 05:46 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
My bad, it was local 170 in Camden, NJ. McGreal was killed by gunshots .38 caliber. The killers were Tommy DelGiorno and Ralph Natale, they got him drunk.

Are we talking dog years hoodlum?

Salvatore Sparacio had a backer and was under someone from Camden from 1950s till the guy died in the 1970s, he was high up, I think a administration member. After that the Piccolos became his backers and he was on record with Tony Buck, evident with Anthony Piccolo's old business Barone Maintenance Services Inc, was lending money out to Blase Salvatore Sr, Tom Lauria and Salvatore Sparacio business enterprises in gambling, bookmaking, and fronts for the mob. Mainly through Blase Salvatore Sr, and many of those transactions were done legally or through a third party to use a loophole. Salvatore, Sparacio, and Lauria were tight so it stands to reason that they were on record with Tony Bucks. After the killing of Joey McGreal, Barone Maintenance Services Inc made a deal with a club in 1974 where Piccolo would eventually become president of the club till 1983 or 1984 when he became acting Consigliere for the family. Salvatore and Sparacio had big books throughout New Jersey, especially when Atlantic City allowed gambling, and they jumped right into it. Scarfo was too busy concentrating on local 54, to where he did not know fully what everyone was up too, just happy that some money was coming his way, this is before he became an administration members, and his cousin Anthony Piccolo always sending him a few thousand dollars to him eventhough he was only a soldier at the time.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull