GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (furio_from_naples, 2 invisible), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,356
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,193
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: Neo] #973289
06/17/19 06:32 PM
06/17/19 06:32 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Neo
Vito was the family boss in every way except in title. Costello at that point was unofficially the No.2 guy in the family.

I always wonder how the Mob would have been different if Genovese hadn't been so ambitious. Maybe if he did not become boss, he does not get sent away, so no issue between him and Joe Valachi in prison. Valachi does his time uneventfully , and the Mob keeps its' secrets for how many more years? We'll never know, but fun to speculate.

Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: Fleming_Ave] #973303
06/18/19 04:52 AM
06/18/19 04:52 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
Originally Posted by Neo
Vito was the family boss in every way except in title. Costello at that point was unofficially the No.2 guy in the family.

I always wonder how the Mob would have been different if Genovese hadn't been so ambitious. Maybe if he did not become boss, he does not get sent away, so no issue between him and Joe Valachi in prison. Valachi does his time uneventfully , and the Mob keeps its' secrets for how many more years? We'll never know, but fun to speculate.

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com/search/label/Informants?m=0

Apart Valachi there was many informants in the 1950s 1960s like Frank Bompensiero from L.A. or Anthony (Fat Tony) Zito from Detroit. For sure until Donnie Brasco the mafia would be misterious and Hoover would nOt be forced to admit the mafia existence.

Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: Neo] #973523
06/21/19 05:01 AM
06/21/19 05:01 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
But if I'm not mistaken, Vito was ahead of Frank on the pecking order before he went on the run but did lucky make Frank the official boss? And Frank had alot of soldiers that liked him because he gave them freedom to earn...Frank could have made alot of noise if he wanted to; he retired because he was smart, not scared, there's a big difference

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: Neo] #973532
06/21/19 08:26 AM
06/21/19 08:26 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
That is the big problem why lcn started to fail. Some guys pushed hard to be white collar. Starting out as criminals but realizing business is better without scrutiny from authorities. Then you have the real "gangsters" that turn their nose to those guys and look at what happens.

Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: thebigfella] #973555
06/21/19 01:45 PM
06/21/19 01:45 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by thebigfella
But if I'm not mistaken, Vito was ahead of Frank on the pecking order before he went on the run but did lucky make Frank the official boss? And Frank had alot of soldiers that liked him because he gave them freedom to earn...Frank could have made alot of noise if he wanted to; he retired because he was smart, not scared, there's a big difference

I don't believe Frank ever became official boss; He was acting boss for many years with total control over the family with Lucky's blessing. Genovese was acting boss at one point but only for like a year before Frank. This is because he had pending charges and was forced to leave America. I may be wrong. This was in the mid 30's. Lucky got sentenced to a 50 years sentence around that time also I believe. Costello was promoted to Acting Boss due to Lucky's and Genovese's sticky situation. You can very well say; However. Frank was Offical Boss in all but name; He virtually controlled every aspect of the family and Lucky pretty much couldn't say much about it. Costello still listened to him though due to their friendship.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 06/21/19 01:53 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Amuso removes Madonna and Crea [Re: Zavattoni] #973589
06/21/19 09:03 PM
06/21/19 09:03 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by thebigfella

I don't believe Frank ever became official boss; He was acting boss for many years with total control over the family with Lucky's blessing. Genovese was acting boss at one point but only for like a year before Frank. This is because he had pending charges and was forced to leave America. I may be wrong. This was in the mid 30's. Lucky got sentenced to a 50 years sentence around that time also I believe. Costello was promoted to Acting Boss due to Lucky's and Genovese's sticky situation. You can very well say; However. Frank was Offical Boss in all but name; He virtually controlled every aspect of the family and Lucky pretty much couldn't say much about it. Costello still listened to him though due to their friendship.

According to Valachi in "The Real Thing", Willie Morretti was briefly acting boss, then Costello was elected acting boss and in the early 50s Luciano sent word that he had resigned and Costello became official boss. Don't think he mentions this in the Valachi Papers though.
http://mafiahistory.us/a023/therealthing2.html

What I did gather from the Valachi Papers though is that Genovese was trying to have Costello killed and expected a war in retaliation.

Last edited by MightyDR; 06/21/19 09:05 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull