GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DanteMoltisanti), 126 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Paul Castellano hit #970529
05/02/19 10:25 AM
05/02/19 10:25 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Anyone think Paul would have been hit if Roy DeMeo and Anthony Gaggi were still roaming the streets in 1985? Do you think John Gotti; Frank DeCicco and the opposition faction would have had the confidence to take them all out?

I honestly don't think so; but would like input!

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970533
05/02/19 02:21 PM
05/02/19 02:21 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I keep hearing how Gotti had respect for Roy as a killer. That said, I don't think that would have deterred Gotti. He was willing to kill a boss in the face of potential repercussions from anyone inside the family and outside as well (I've heard conflicting reports if he got approval or not - i can't imagine the commission okayed Castellano's death since they all seemed to be making money together, although that is my own speculation). He waited out Dellacroce before killing Big Paul out of respect, but all of Mr. Neil's schooling about the rules, etc., did not alter his course of action.

Just my two cents.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970557
05/02/19 05:59 PM
05/02/19 05:59 PM
I
irishkaos Offline
Made Member
irishkaos  Offline
I
Made Member
You have to remember that Gotti's own life along with Gene's and Angelo's life were on the line due to the drug case. The only reason they hadn't been killed was because Dellacroce was alive. Dellacroce dies and less than a month later, Castellano hit goes forward. Paul was also vulnerable at the time due to his own pending trial. The timing was right.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970559
05/02/19 06:17 PM
05/02/19 06:17 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Remember decicco went to feel out the other Capos. Nino was close with Paul. He would've said something and if Paul hadn't killed Roy, Gotti would've been dead. If Roy didn't bring on all the heat that warranted his death, Paul probably would've asked once for those tapes, Neil or no Neil. Gambino would've only asked once. Paul slipped and the rest is history. There was a documentary that explored how Paul killed Demeo because he thought he may rat. But the fbi said they would never except him as a witness because of his heinous crimes. Not even ten years later they use gravano against Gotti.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Jimmy_Two_Times] #970562
05/02/19 07:04 PM
05/02/19 07:04 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times
I keep hearing how Gotti had respect for Roy as a killer. That said, I don't think that would have deterred Gotti. He was willing to kill a boss in the face of potential repercussions from anyone inside the family and outside as well (I've heard conflicting reports if he got approval or not - i can't imagine the commission okayed Castellano's death since they all seemed to be making money together, although that is my own speculation). He waited out Dellacroce before killing Big Paul out of respect, but all of Mr. Neil's schooling about the rules, etc., did not alter his course of action.

Just my two cents

Gotti was absolutely terrified of Roy...and of Paul. I mean Manybgive Gotti creditbforbthe hot but let’s be honest Frank Decicco and Gravano has a lot to do with it and if they didn’t join in Gotti wouldn’t of been able to do a damn thing

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970574
05/02/19 09:03 PM
05/02/19 09:03 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Rediculous

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: irishkaos] #970589
05/03/19 02:20 AM
05/03/19 02:20 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Originally Posted by irishkaos
You have to remember that Gotti's own life along with Gene's and Angelo's life were on the line due to the drug case. The only reason they hadn't been killed was because Dellacroce was alive. Dellacroce dies and less than a month later, Castellano hit goes forward. Paul was also vulnerable at the time due to his own pending trial. The timing was right.

Yes, According to Kurens and O'Brien in "Boss of Bosses," the other Dons were pissed at Paul because they had heard of him badmouthing them on the tapes the FBI made for Paul's RICO trial. Also, they were seriously worried that Paul would rat them out rather than spend the rest of his life in prison, away from his beloved Colombian housemaid. That's probably why Gotti got away with whacking a boss without the Commission's go-ahead.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970606
05/03/19 10:50 AM
05/03/19 10:50 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline
K
Wiseguy
The narrative that Gotti wouldn’t have killed big Paul because of two guys albeit one being a serial killer is none sense. Gotti was all in and for good reason it was kill or be killed. Not mention his giant fucking ego and all those stroking it for him.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Kingscounty] #970607
05/03/19 11:01 AM
05/03/19 11:01 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Kingscounty
The narrative that Gotti wouldn’t have killed big Paul because of two guys albeit one being a serial killer is none sense. Gotti was all in and for good reason it was kill or be killed. Not mention his giant fucking ego and all those stroking it for him.

It isnt nonsense. The hit would of never happened unless frank decicco and Sammy Gravano were onboard. Angelo basically said that when he was begging them for help leading up to it Now the shooters were apart of Johns crew and supposedly he came up with them wearing Russian hats which was smart BUT Frankie Decicco did a lot of the planning and talking to the higher ups like gallo and Joe Piney. Gottis role in the actual hit was a driver.

Last edited by JCrusher; 05/03/19 11:03 AM.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: JCrusher] #970622
05/03/19 01:21 PM
05/03/19 01:21 PM
K
Kingscounty Offline
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline
K
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by JCrusher

It isnt nonsense. The hit would of never happened unless frank decicco and Sammy Gravano were onboard. Angelo basically said that when he was begging them for help leading up to it Now the shooters were apart of Johns crew and supposedly he came up with them wearing Russian hats which was smart BUT Frankie Decicco did a lot of the planning and talking to the higher ups like gallo and Joe Piney. Gottis role in the actual hit was a driver.

Go back and read what I wrote. I said because of two guys I didn’t say Gotti planned it or acted alone. You don’t pull off a coup like that alone. It takes a team and people willing to risk life and limb. So again just to be clear of what I said the narrative that Gotti wouldn’t have done it BECAUSE OF TWO GUYS is none sense.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Kingscounty] #970623
05/03/19 01:45 PM
05/03/19 01:45 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

Go back and read what I wrote. I said because of two guys I didn’t say Gotti planned it or acted alone. You don’t pull off a coup like that alone. It takes a team and people willing to risk life and limb. So again just to be clear of what I said the narrative that Gotti wouldn’t have done it BECAUSE OF TWO GUYS is none sense.

I read what you wrote. But impossible to say for sure either way. If Roy and his crew were around then John most likely wouldnt attempt it since it was well know he feard those guys. Hell in 1982 Gene was caught on wiretap basically saying the same thing

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970651
05/03/19 07:33 PM
05/03/19 07:33 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
I actually don't think it's a sure thing that Gotti etc wouldn't have made the move on Castellano if DeMeo was still around. Looking through Underboss and Murder Machine, it seems DeMeo really resented Castellano. Freddy DiNome even claims DeMeo fantasised about whacking Paul himself at one point.

Where DeMeo would fit in post Castellano assassination is an interesting thought...

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970663
05/03/19 09:06 PM
05/03/19 09:06 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
I would like to know what nino was thinking when he was in jail and paul got whacked? Also what was he like with gotti? Nino seems like someone who could’ve been in an admin position. Old school guy and still put in work as a capo chasing down old guys that punched him years ago. What about when him and Roy whacked the Eppolitos.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: MightyDR] #970665
05/03/19 09:16 PM
05/03/19 09:16 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by MightyDR
I actually don't think it's a sure thing that Gotti etc wouldn't have made the move on Castellano if DeMeo was still around. Looking through Underboss and Murder Machine, it seems DeMeo really resented Castellano. Freddy DiNome even claims DeMeo fantasised about whacking Paul himself at one point.

Where DeMeo would fit in post Castellano assassination is an interesting thought..

Thats true. Paul had no love for Roy . He refused to induct him until the Westies alliance. I guess my main point was that Frankie Decicco was the key because he was highly respected and many wanted him to be the boss. I think Frank let John be the boss knowing he probably wouldnt last long but of course we know what happened to Frankie

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: streetbossliborio] #970667
05/03/19 09:21 PM
05/03/19 09:21 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
I would like to know what nino was thinking when he was in jail and paul got whacked? Also what was he like with gotti? Nino seems like someone who could’ve been in an admin position. Old school guy and still put in work as a capo chasing down old guys that punched him years ago. What about when him and Roy whacked the Eppolitos.

That's a good question; Nino absolutely hated Gotti; That's a fact. Nino was out on the streets with Gotti for like 3 to 4 months into Gotti's reign before he got jailed. Gotti called Nino to several meetings; but Nino refused.. It's also been said that John didn't want to bump him down because he was a respected veteran in the family. Nino even had the balls to order one of his guys to contact Gotti about having a sitdown. Gotti got mad and said "You tell him; He bring his ass here to come see me"

Nino def could have been in an admin position if Roy was still around. That incident with him shooting at a cop kind of hurt his standing with Paul.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/03/19 09:34 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970671
05/03/19 09:45 PM
05/03/19 09:45 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio

That's a good question; Nino absolutely hated Gotti; That's a fact. Nino was out on the streets with Gotti for like 3 to 4 months into Gotti's reign before he got jailed. Gotti called Nino to several meetings; but Nino refused.. It's also been said that John didn't want to bump him down because he was a respected veteran in the family. Nino even had the balls to order one of his guys to contact Gotti about having a sitdown. Gotti got mad and said "You tell him; He bring his ass here to come see me"

Nino def could have been in an admin position if Roy was still around. That incident with him shooting at a cop kind of hurt his standing with Paul.

nino was loyal to Paul so you are right about he feelings about Gotti. Unfortunately for nino his days were done anyway around the time Paul was killed.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970672
05/03/19 10:04 PM
05/03/19 10:04 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@JCrusher.

Nino's relationship with Paul was definitely deteriorated; but do you think Paul would have had Nino clipped? I honestly dont think so. I think Paul would have just put him on the shelf. They were real tight before the cop shooting. Nino inspired to be underboss to Paul; but it never happened.

Anyone know what Tom Bilotti and Roy Demeo's relationship was like? Both were pitbull's pretty much...

Last edited by Zavattoni; 05/03/19 10:05 PM.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970673
05/03/19 10:09 PM
05/03/19 10:09 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@JCrusher.

Nino's relationship with Paul was definitely deteriorated; but do you think Paul would have had Nino clipped? I honestly dont think so. I think Paul would have just put him on the shelf. They were real tight before the cop shooting. Nino inspired to be underboss to Paul; but it never happened.

Anyone know what Tom Bilotti and Roy Demeo's relationship was like? Both were pitbull's pretty much...

I dont think so. I mean even after the cop shootout when nino got back he still carried out big jobs like demeos death. As for bilotti and roy? I doubt they had much of a relationship besides seeing eachother once in a while when roy dropped off pauls tribute

Last edited by JCrusher; 05/03/19 10:10 PM.
Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: JCrusher] #970681
05/04/19 11:47 AM
05/04/19 11:47 AM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@JCrusher

That's true. What do you mean around the time that Paul got killed; Nino's days were done? After DeMeo's death, Was he still a powerhouse or a declineing captain?

With Tom Bilotti and Roy's temperament; I'm pretty sure they didn't like eachother. Probaly only saw eachother when Roy dropped off tribute at Paul's mansion as you stated.

Re: Paul Castellano hit [Re: Zavattoni] #970897
05/06/19 11:21 AM
05/06/19 11:21 AM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Even if he wasn't killed, how successful would have DeMeo been after Paul's death? It seems like his businesses (the car theft ring for one) was hot on the Feds radar.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull