GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 65 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco #969881
04/23/19 06:54 PM
04/23/19 06:54 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
If Joe Profaci never had Frankie Shots Abbatemarco murdered; I'm wondering; Do anyone think the Gallo's would have still revolted or do you think Frankie Shots would have kept them at bay?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969892
04/23/19 10:34 PM
04/23/19 10:34 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

did frank shots also have a son who tried to take over the family in the 70tys with joe yacovelii. i think we finally found the reason joe yacovelli retired to florida. he made a push to over throw tom dibella in 76 77 the commission backed dibella and the persicos and he was sent to florida and probally allowed to live. that guy who write the lcnbios wrote about it

Last edited by pmac; 04/23/19 10:35 PM.
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: pmac] #969928
04/24/19 12:00 PM
04/24/19 12:00 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
Originally Posted by pmac
did frank shots also have a son who tried to take over the family in the 70tys with joe yacovelii. i think we finally found the reason joe yacovelli retired to florida. he made a push to over throw tom dibella in 76 77 the commission backed dibella and the persicos and he was sent to florida and probally allowed to live. that guy who write the lcnbios wrote about it

yeah, he had a son Anthony that was originally a Gallo guy. he was one of the guys that saved the kids from a burning house with Albert Gallo and Punchy Illiano. he disappeared in 77 so I guess he wasn't as lucky as Joe Yac.

Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969933
04/24/19 12:28 PM
04/24/19 12:28 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Its been stated that Tony shots was underboss in 73-77. I'm guessing that was under Tom DiBella with approval from Carmine Persico?

Also back to the original question; If Frank Abbatemarco wasnt murdered; Do you think the Gallo's still would have tried to stage a coup or no? They respected Frankie Shots who was their mentor.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969937
04/24/19 02:22 PM
04/24/19 02:22 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
If Frank Abbatemarco was not killed, the Gallo brothers would have still revolted against Profaci by following Abbatemarco and a couple of other Capos in the family. During that time Profaci was bleeding many members in the crime family nearly dry. Monthly dues, over half of a score leaving many guys in on it almost broke or nothing from it. One of the reasons many in the Colombo crime family was getting into narcotics. Profaci was greedy and his own blood family were the ones benefitting from the labors of others.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969941
04/24/19 03:23 PM
04/24/19 03:23 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
If Frank Abbatemarco was not killed, the Gallo brothers would have still revolted against Profaci by following Abbatemarco and a couple of other Capos in the family. During that time Profaci was bleeding many members in the crime family nearly dry. Monthly dues, over half of a score leaving many guys in on it almost broke or nothing from it. One of the reasons many in the Colombo crime family was getting into narcotics. Profaci was greedy and his own blood family were the ones benefitting from the labors of others.

@Giacomo_Vacari; Who were the other captains that were aligned with Persico; the Gallo's and Abbatemarco? Do you think a coup could have succeeded with all of them working together along with the other renegade captains? Did Profaci have a faction at the time to keep them all at bay?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 04/24/19 03:23 PM.

Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969942
04/24/19 03:28 PM
04/24/19 03:28 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i think greg scarpa stopped talking to the fbi in 1974 75. shame we would have known alot more about the power struggle between joe yac/dibella and the persicos. now i want to find out what happend to frank jr. he just dispeared? scarpa didnt start talking to agent lin d till 1980. when he was opend up again

Last edited by pmac; 04/24/19 03:30 PM.
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: pmac] #969945
04/24/19 04:31 PM
04/24/19 04:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
"Follow the money" is always the best bet in Mobdom, In one account I read years ago, Profaci reputedly promised the Gallos some or all of Shots's territories as a reward for killing him. They did it, but Profaci welshed. Had Profaci done what he promised, the Gallos probably wouldn't have gone to war. But he didn't. The Gallos kidnapped Joe Magliocco, Profaci's underboss, and some capo, and held them hostage. Profaci had to call a Commission meeting to resolve it. The Commission ordered the Gallos to release the hostages, and Profaci to give them the promised territories. Again they complied, again Profaci didn't. That's when the Gallos went to the mattresses, and that resulted in older brother Larry being nearly killed by garrote in the Sahara Lounge--saved when a cop happened in. (This was the basis of the Frank Pentangeli/Rosato brothers scene in Godfather II.)

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969963
04/24/19 07:52 PM
04/24/19 07:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

So frank sr was friends with the gallos. Profaci uses them to kill him. They take in the son after killing the father crazy. Then the son goes on to be a capo. I dont think he was ever underboss. Dibella had some guy from long island brancato. And alphose and carmine persico were under dibella. Joe yac tries to do something. He proposed gerry lang in 76 75 then is forced to florida. Probaly shelved by persico. Cause he dies n 1996. From like 77 not a peep

Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Zavattoni] #969978
04/25/19 02:59 AM
04/25/19 02:59 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Zavattoni, the two capos that were grumbling a lot and bucking against Profaci were Bonasera, and Enrico Fontana. Bonasera was related to someone high up in the Buffalo crime family, and was able to step down when Joe Magliocco became boss. Buffalo helped Cassandro keep his life, he was not with or supported the Gallo brothers. Fontana was a cousin of Frank Abbatemarco, and Enrico and Magliocco were distant cousins. A third capo who was butting heads with Frank Profaci is a D'Amico, but he was a capo on the sidelines in the war and concentrated on money.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: If Joe Profaci didn't get rid of Frank Abbatemarco [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #970051
04/25/19 05:26 PM
04/25/19 05:26 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Zavattoni, the two capos that were grumbling a lot and bucking against Profaci were Bonasera, and Enrico Fontana. Bonasera was related to someone high up in the Buffalo crime family, and was able to step down when Joe Magliocco became boss. Buffalo helped Cassandro keep his life, he was not with or supported the Gallo brothers. Fontana was a cousin of Frank Abbatemarco, and Enrico and Magliocco were distant cousins. A third capo who was butting heads with Frank Profaci is a D'Amico, but he was a capo on the sidelines in the war and concentrated on money.

Never heard of them. Did Profaci have a crew that was full of killers? Speaking along like the DeMeo crew.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull