GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (mustachepete, RushStreet, 2 invisible), 108 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,164
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Davey Scatino story arc #969168
04/11/19 05:13 PM
04/11/19 05:13 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline OP
ForeverBotheringIranians

Anyone else think Robert Patrick's acting in The Sopranos was incredible? He played that part to absolute perfection in every possible facet. 7:55-9:13 is probably the best part of the recap. He goes from seriously contemplating suicide: "I'm fixing a fucking lightbulb!" to getting spoken to like a dog by Tony when he whines about Tony and the crew absorbing his business: "Get the fuck back in your fucking hole". The scene with Davey opening up to his brother-in-law is absolutely heart-rending.

The arcs of guys like Vin Makazian, Davey Scatino, Gene Pontecorvo and Johnny Sack are so well-acted. It makes Steven Van Zandt and his wife's atrocious acting stick out like a sore thumb.

The sign of great acting is when one not only delivers lines with authority, but can convey the essence of a character with their physical acting; the eye movements and hand movements etc. That's what made James Gandolfini's portrayal so legendary.

You can FEEL the desperation, sadness and overwhelming despair of Davey Scatino in the character's eyes. Same thing with Gene Pontecorvo when his wife shows him that their son is using again. The agony in his eyes was so genuine.

Fuck, what a great show. The way the writers and directors brought out incredible performances from the actors, some of whom were very much journeymen actors, gives me faith that Newark will deliver in the same way.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Davey Scatino story arc [Re: Moe_Tilden] #969189
04/11/19 09:36 PM
04/11/19 09:36 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
THEY'RE ANIMALS VIC!

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Davey Scatino story arc [Re: Moe_Tilden] #969208
04/12/19 12:14 PM
04/12/19 12:14 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
Robert Patrick was on Carolla's podcast a while back and he was talking about his short stint on the show. He said that he and Gandolfini were taking a break from shooting and having a cigarette chatting. They were going to be shooting the scene where Tony confronts Davey in his office at the sports store the next day. Robert jokingly tells Gandolfini "You better bring your A game tomorrow" and Gandofini just glares at him and walks away. They go to shoot the scene the next day and Gandofini just says to him "How's your balls?" Gandolfini smacked him for real and was really throwing him around the room. Robert said he didn't think he appreciated the suggestion about bringing his A game. Maybe Robert did that on purpose to piss him off to use for that scene or whatever, but he said he was an intense guy when it came to acting. Maybe too intense.

Unfortunately they didn't really get much into the show other than that. But I thought that was a cool little insight/behind the scenes moment.

The casting for this show was spot on.

Re: Davey Scatino story arc [Re: Goldy] #969332
04/14/19 08:06 PM
04/14/19 08:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Goldy
Robert Patrick was on Carolla's podcast a while back and he was talking about his short stint on the show. He said that he and Gandolfini were taking a break from shooting and having a cigarette chatting. They were going to be shooting the scene where Tony confronts Davey in his office at the sports store the next day. Robert jokingly tells Gandolfini "You better bring your A game tomorrow" and Gandofini just glares at him and walks away. They go to shoot the scene the next day and Gandofini just says to him "How's your balls?" Gandolfini smacked him for real and was really throwing him around the room. Robert said he didn't think he appreciated the suggestion about bringing his A game. Maybe Robert did that on purpose to piss him off to use for that scene or whatever, but he said he was an intense guy when it came to acting. Maybe too intense.

Unfortunately they didn't really get much into the show other than that. But I thought that was a cool little insight/behind the scenes moment.

The casting for this show was spot on.

Very cool, I love when a scene being filmed gets carried away and one of the actors is actually scared or confused due to ad-libbing or undirected / scripted violence.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Davey Scatino story arc [Re: Moe_Tilden] #969361
04/15/19 09:52 AM
04/15/19 09:52 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
tbh i felt sorry for him that he couldn't stop his gambling addiction

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull