GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 124 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: RollinBones] #968647
04/04/19 08:00 PM
04/04/19 08:00 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Moe, do your research on Nipsey Hussle.

I didn't quote him for a reason man, some people are content thinking they know it all when they barely have surface level info. I guarantee Moe did not even know who Nipsey was and here he is passing judgement on things he doesn't understand as usual. It's useless to talk to him so I just don't give him the recognition in the first place.

I know enough to realise that Nipsey, like a lot of people in that industry, is/was content to make money hand over fist glamorising violence, misogyny and gang warfare to impressionable youths. How else do they attract their target listenership? The vast majority of people like him, people like The Game and Ice Cube, use this Bloods and Crip bullshit as a cynical marketing ploy along with their label and management teams. They don't get any sympathy for me.

It's kind of like that movie "The Dirt" by Motley Crue recently released on Netflix. They say they don't want to glamourize that lifestyle of drug abuse and misogyny but that's what the movie totally does; it makes it look like the most fun thing in the world. And half the stories in the book it's based on are utter fabrications, just like most rappers "street cred".

The band's bassist even had to backtrack on a story about him switching places with the drummer while he had sex with a groupie in a closet because he was worried it would come back to haunt him what with the #MeToo movement.

Kind of apropos, I'm reminded of the arc in The Sopranos where a gangsta rapper pays Bobby to give him a flesh wound in order to raise his profile.

Moe, I don't mean to sound harsh but you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know the world that this man came from and what he experienced. I can't blame you for that, but I can blame you for looking at it so cut and dry when you know for a fact that you don't truly understand it. Gang culture is much deeper than you realize and Nipsey was not a fake gangster at all. Violence was a large part of his reality, not a selling point. As much as he spoke about violence and the gang lifestyle he also spoke about the pitfalls of that life, and more importantly, that people did not have to live that life and could make it out of an environment like he did and actually better the community that he came from. That's part of why he did not "sell out". He didn't want to leave his community to be around ones he had no connection to, he was building up his community instead of abandoning it so other people from that area could see possibilities instead of oppression. For all the lyrics about the gang life he also spoke about financial independence, not letting artists be taken advantage of by the music industry, and unification among black people (including how gangs play a part in the division).

The fact that you included a comparison to that Sopranos storyline is laughable and truly highlights how ignorant you are of who this man was, his story, and most importantly his impact. If you care to do so you can look into all the good he did, and was in the process of doing, on your own, but I sense that you are in this thread in bad faith in the first place so I don't expect you to. I hope I'm wrong about that but I suppose time will tell.

RB, I don't think you're coming across as harsh at all. You know more about him than I do. I don't mean to come across as pious. I'd give you a better response but I'm pretty drunk ATM. I really don't mean to come across as a dickhead. I'm purely going by what I already know about the rap industry. Being completely honest, IDK much about this guy at all.

Apologies if I come across as all knowing. That's my cross to bear.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: BlackFamily] #968653
04/04/19 09:00 PM
04/04/19 09:00 PM
S
Shampoo Offline
Wiseguy
Shampoo  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by Shampoo
3 of the biggest rappers to be murdered were killed by LA gang members

Tupac-killed by Southside Crips
Biggie-killed by Mob Piru
Nipsey-killed by Rollin 60s Crips (which he was also a member of)

Biggie was kill by a member of Mob Piru?

Originally Posted by BlackFamily
3 of the biggest rappers to be murdered were killed by LA gang members

Tupac-killed by Southside Crips
Biggie-killed by Mob Piru
Nipsey-killed by Rollin 60s Crips (which he was also a member of)

Biggie was kill by a member of Mob Piru?

Yep. Wardell “Poochie” Fouse was paid by Suge Knight to do the hit. Poochie himself was later shot and killed while riding a motorcycle in Compton.

Tupac and Biggies assasins were both killed themselves in completely unrelated incidents.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Shampoo] #968656
04/04/19 09:47 PM
04/04/19 09:47 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Two LAPD officers were connected to Biggie's death, too.

That was the original thinking but that turned out to be false. Sure Knight paid a Mob Piru member named Poochie $13,000 for the Biggie hit. He later got killed too. 3 of the Southside Crips that were in the car that killed Tupac are dead. Only 1 is still alive and I think he’s doing life.

The car that was used was found in the back yard of an undercover LAPD cop. Accessory at minimum but they buried it.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Moe_Tilden] #968657
04/04/19 09:48 PM
04/04/19 09:48 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'm purely going by what I already know about the rap industry.

Or didn't know, in this case.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Blackmobs] #968660
04/04/19 09:59 PM
04/04/19 09:59 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
And why's Christopher Darden (OJ prosecutor) suddenly interested in this? He's representing Holder. Pro bono for the publicity? Cause that's kind of high priced for our man Shitty Cuz.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: OakAsFan] #968692
04/05/19 09:49 AM
04/05/19 09:49 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

What was I wrong about? How did I mischaracterise anyone or any music genre?

Again, I'll use Motley Crue as an example because I like their music. Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Vince Neil are all involved in multiple charitable initiatives. They're still a rapist drug addict (according to books published by Motley), a domestic abuser, and a serial drink driver who killed somebody in a high speed crash respectively.

I'm sure Nipsey did good work for his community, but that in itself doesn't completely exonerate him from what I'm talking about.

Not many musicians get killed in drive-by shootings.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Blackmobs] #968698
04/05/19 10:47 AM
04/05/19 10:47 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Nipsey wasn't killed in a drive by shooting, either. The shooter walked up, shot him, then kicked him for score. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't get around stereotypes when discussing something like this. You discuss a rapper being murdered and your brain automatically spells out "drive by". And you made a similar presumption about Nipsey living by the sword, that you had to walk back yesterday after several people confronted your misnomer and complete omission of the positive work he'd done in recent years.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Moe_Tilden] #968703
04/05/19 12:15 PM
04/05/19 12:15 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

What was I wrong about? How did I mischaracterise anyone or any music genre?

Again, I'll use Motley Crue as an example because I like their music. Nikki Sixx, Tommy Lee and Vince Neil are all involved in multiple charitable initiatives. They're still a rapist drug addict (according to books published by Motley), a domestic abuser, and a serial drink driver who killed somebody in a high speed crash respectively.

I'm sure Nipsey did good work for his community, but that in itself doesn't completely exonerate him from what I'm talking about.

Not many musicians get killed in drive-by shootings.

In regards to the music industry, specifically rap. Rap/Hip Hop have multiple sub genres that aren't displayed in mainstream outlets fairly.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Blackmobs] #969194
04/12/19 03:05 AM
04/12/19 03:05 AM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
His memorial service was last night. Also the car with the coffin inside drove all around LA, including the place where he was shot(in front of the store). The celebration of life took place in Staples Center, which was packed. A lot of people spoke about how he changed their lives.

Oh and also his family got a letter from Barack Obama. I think this is the final proof about what he was doing and how he was more than just a gang banging rapper.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Moe_Tilden] #969204
04/12/19 09:07 AM
04/12/19 09:07 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
First memorial service held in the Staples Center since Michael Jackson. The funeral procession looked insane, thousands of people flooding the streets. RIP Nip.

Re: Nipsey Hussle shot dead [Re: Blackmobs] #969207
04/12/19 10:38 AM
04/12/19 10:38 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
That was a huge turnout. President Obama and Minister Farrakhan. Nipsey was loved.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull