GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 96 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss #968099
03/29/19 12:52 PM
03/29/19 12:52 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
It is stated that Tramunti took over as Acting Boss after the death of Tommy Lucchese. Did the commission install him or was there actually a vote within the Lucchese Family by the captains? After Corallo got released; He took total control of the family.

My question is; Was Tramunti the most powerful captain and where was his crew based at?

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968116
03/29/19 05:52 PM
03/29/19 05:52 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Think he was acting boss for 1yr then he was okd by the other bosses becomes official boss few yrs later he gets jammd up on herion case goes to jail dies

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968277
04/01/19 05:06 AM
04/01/19 05:06 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
1967 is really interesting for that family. Informants in the Lucchese, Colombo, Bonanno, and Tampa give different accounts. Mr. Gibbs was acting boss from 1966 till a week after Lucchese death, then he stepped down. From the counts the leadership of the family was up in the air, as Vincent Rao the Familys official Consigliere and the actual top successor to Lucchese was having problems in court and was sentenced to five years in prison in 65 or 66 was not a great pick at the time. Stefano LaSalle was the current underboss at this time but did not want the boss position, and does not get the credit he deserves of keeping the peace of Mr. Gibbs and Tony Ducks. Tony Ducks went to Florida and talked Eddie Coco into becoming the acting boss, and becoming an ally to Tony ducks. Tramunti was able to get Paul Vario to become acting Consigliere and thus getting him to become an ally. Mr. Gibbs and Tony Ducks were the two top contenders by the end of the summer of 1967. Sometime between then and November of 1967, the Capos came together to finally cast a vote. Corallo became official boss. By December of 1967, Tony Ducks was indicted. He made Mr. Gibbs acting boss according to Bonanno and Colombo informants in the Spring of 1968. When Corallo was released from prison in 1970, he used Mr. Gibbs as a front boss.

He was the capo of the old 107th street crew that was a powerful crew in Manhattan.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968286
04/01/19 07:46 AM
04/01/19 07:46 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
GV his nickname was Gribbs not Gibbs

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 04/01/19 12:07 PM.
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #968293
04/01/19 10:38 AM
04/01/19 10:38 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
1967 is really interesting for that family. Informants in the Lucchese, Colombo, Bonanno, and Tampa give different accounts. Mr. Gibbs was acting boss from 1966 till a week after Lucchese death, then he stepped down. From the counts the leadership of the family was up in the air, as Vincent Rao the Familys official Consigliere and the actual top successor to Lucchese was having problems in court and was sentenced to five years in prison in 65 or 66 was not a great pick at the time. Stefano LaSalle was the current underboss at this time but did not want the boss position, and does not get the credit he deserves of keeping the peace of Mr. Gibbs and Tony Ducks. Tony Ducks went to Florida and talked Eddie Coco into becoming the acting boss, and becoming an ally to Tony ducks. Tramunti was able to get Paul Vario to become acting Consigliere and thus getting him to become an ally. Mr. Gibbs and Tony Ducks were the two top contenders by the end of the summer of 1967. Sometime between then and November of 1967, the Capos came together to finally cast a vote. Corallo became official boss. By December of 1967, Tony Ducks was indicted. He made Mr. Gibbs acting boss according to Bonanno and Colombo informants in the Spring of 1968. When Corallo was released from prison in 1970, he used Mr. Gibbs as a front boss.

He was the capo of the old 107th street crew that was a powerful crew in Manhattan.

That is not true at all, where did you hear or read a bunch of crap like that?

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968298
04/01/19 12:15 PM
04/01/19 12:15 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Giacomo; I'm not contesting what you stated; But I never seen anything about Corallo using Tramunti as a front. Also from what you said; Before Tom Lucchese passed; He used Tramunti as Acting Boss also?

I always thought Tramunti was installed either by the commission or a vote by the Lucchese captains once Tom Lucchese died.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 04/01/19 12:19 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968299
04/01/19 12:48 PM
04/01/19 12:48 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
How did this family once known for doing just about everything efficiently end up with Amuso as boss and the chaos that ensued?

I've heard some people say that Ducks actually wanted someone else but it somehow ended up being Amuso. Any truth to this?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: OakAsFan] #968300
04/01/19 01:17 PM
04/01/19 01:17 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
How did this family once known for doing just about everything efficiently end up with Amuso as boss and the chaos that ensued?

I've heard some people say that Ducks actually wanted someone else but it somehow ended up being Amuso. Any truth to this?

From my understanding Corallo was considering making Anthony ‘Buddy’ Luongo as boss. He was from the Bronx faction where the power of the family had always been. Their and East Harlem anyways. Once Amuso and Casso found out they clipped him. Corallo then offered it to Casso and Casso suggested to Corallo to make Amuso boss. That is Cassos version of what happened.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #968302
04/01/19 01:32 PM
04/01/19 01:32 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

From my understanding Corallo was considering making Anthony ‘Buddy’ Luongo as boss. He was from the Bronx faction where the power of the family had always been. Their and East Harlem anyways. Once Amuso and Casso found out they clipped him. Corallo then offered it to Casso and Casso suggested to Corallo to make Amuso boss. That is Cassos version of what happened.

Yup! They clipped Buddy Luongo; but I think Corallo was behind the hit. Amuso and Casso wouldn't go behind Tony Ducks back and murder his possible replacement. Even though Corallo was on trial; No-one knew not too mess around with him because he was still powerful.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968305
04/01/19 02:18 PM
04/01/19 02:18 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Ducks seemed to be one of the smart old timers with connections to the original commission. Why would he go along with any plan that made someone like Casso more powerful? That was really the turning point for this family.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: OakAsFan] #968308
04/01/19 03:15 PM
04/01/19 03:15 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
Ducks seemed to be one of the smart old timers with connections to the original commission. Why would he go along with any plan that made someone like Casso more powerful? That was really the turning point for this family.

I think the commission trial was taking a toll on ducks; and at that point; He really didn't care who was the Boss of the family. You had Christy Tick Furnari advising him about making Casso or Amuso boss and he kind of reigned in and agreed. Salvatore Santoro at that point really didn't have a say because I think he was on the outs with Ducks. I think Neil Migliore should have been a choice or another old timer. There were other respected guys in that family that were never considered.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 04/01/19 03:15 PM.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: OakAsFan] #968343
04/01/19 08:01 PM
04/01/19 08:01 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Do not know much about Luke’s but I know Casso was close with heavy guys and Carmine Persico dont know if Casso had any other bosses as friends but those two were .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968344
04/01/19 08:05 PM
04/01/19 08:05 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Casso comes off as not so intelligent and he even had a hard time pronouncing words almost to point of grade school education so he must of had one hell of a mind for rackets.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968365
04/02/19 01:49 AM
04/02/19 01:49 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
As I have stated before there are different sources of informants. If more than one says the same thing or something similar to what another informant says, then there is cooperation with the information. If one informant gives information only they talked about, then it is hard to concluded it in the overall narrative. I will give you two examples of an informant giving only information they revealed without another informant backing it up. 1) An FBI informant who was a made member in the Bonanno crime family in Miami said that Anthony Corallo told him that Joseph Rosato was the boss, Anthony Corallo was the number two man, and Carmine Tramunti was shifted back to his former position in the Lucchese crime family. The informant was then told in January 1968 that a meeting of Lucchese members would meet at Paul Varios house to elect a new boss to replace Joseph Rosato. 2) An FBN informant who was an associate of Christopher Furnari of the Lucchese crime family in Brooklyn who was involved mainly in heroin said Christy Tick told him that Carmine Tramunti was number one, Paul Vario was number 2, and Christopher Furnari was number 3. Tramunti had final say on their dealings, but other venues outside narcotics had to be brought to "Steve" or the "Old Man" before they could move forward with them and to not talk about drugs in front of senior members or those close to other capos.

As I stated before, 1967 was interesting for the Lucchese crime family after Tommy Lucchese passed away.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #968371
04/02/19 05:39 AM
04/02/19 05:39 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
As I have stated before there are different sources of informants. If more than one says the same thing or something similar to what another informant says, then there is cooperation with the information. If one informant gives information only they talked about, then it is hard to concluded it in the overall narrative. I will give you two examples of an informant giving only information they revealed without another informant backing it up. 1) An FBI informant who was a made member in the Bonanno crime family in Miami said that Anthony Corallo told him that Joseph Rosato was the boss, Anthony Corallo was the number two man, and Carmine Tramunti was shifted back to his former position in the Lucchese crime family. The informant was then told in January 1968 that a meeting of Lucchese members would meet at Paul Varios house to elect a new boss to replace Joseph Rosato. 2) An FBN informant who was an associate of Christopher Furnari of the Lucchese crime family in Brooklyn who was involved mainly in heroin said Christy Tick told him that Carmine Tramunti was number one, Paul Vario was number 2, and Christopher Furnari was number 3. Tramunti had final say on their dealings, but other venues outside narcotics had to be brought to "Steve" or the "Old Man" before they could move forward with them and to not talk about drugs in front of senior members or those close to other capos.

As I stated before, 1967 was interesting for the Lucchese crime family after Tommy Lucchese passed away.

Give me the source where u read this, show us. Then I'll trust you didn't make it up

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: alexandarns] #968385
04/02/19 12:13 PM
04/02/19 12:13 PM
Zavattoni Offline OP
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline OP
Underboss
@Giacomo_Vacari

I'm not disputing your response; but I doubt Christopher Furnari was ever number 3 in that family before Corallo took over. I think Christy Tick became Consigliere in the early 1980's. He was a captain before then. Where are your sources coming from?

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968397
04/02/19 02:48 PM
04/02/19 02:48 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
There are many. But I will give you one source as this guy pretty much got Donnie Brascos foot in the door with the Colombo crime family early on and the only member in Florida Bonanno family who could vouch for Pistone at the time. Name is William Dara aka Willie the Tile Maker. He was a Bonanno soldier in the Miami area.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #968412
04/02/19 04:36 PM
04/02/19 04:36 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
There are many. But I will give you one source as this guy pretty much got Donnie Brascos foot in the door with the Colombo crime family early on and the only member in Florida Bonanno family who could vouch for Pistone at the time. Name is William Dara aka Willie the Tile Maker. He was a Bonanno soldier in the Miami area.

Where did he say that, where is it? You are a liar GV, everything you say is made up and fiction. You have been banned from numerous forums because of this, I don't understand why you still do it. Don't understand why you get a kick of made up stories about Corallo and Furnari. Crazy.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968432
04/02/19 08:02 PM
04/02/19 08:02 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Careful Alex... Look up Edmond Valin who does the Rat Trap, he has informant on him that summons it up a lot better than. If you do have MM-1231-C-TE file, then I do not know what you have redacted and not.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968451
04/02/19 10:09 PM
04/02/19 10:09 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
The rat trap is brilliant. Spent hours reading it. Research is amazing. And I read the William dara one also I believe.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Zavattoni] #968459
04/03/19 12:37 AM
04/03/19 12:37 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Yeah Valin does a great job and succeeded where I have failed to identify some of the informants. New York and New Jersey are the hardest to identify and there is a treasure trove of informants in those two states.

Re: Carmine Tramunti as Acting Boss [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #968463
04/03/19 04:22 AM
04/03/19 04:22 AM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Yeah you proper get a feel for the CWs mind and where they’re at. Some great information and viewpoints from lcn all over the us. Some of them don’t think of it as ratting and just enjoy the agents company IMO!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull