GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 77 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,275
Posts1,057,662
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: dixiemafia] #966995
03/17/19 05:46 PM
03/17/19 05:46 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

Obviously, most of us are closer to our nieces and nephews than you are. If my niece was dating someone no good and might have been abusive to her, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell her what she needs to do. I've already done that to one of my nephews over a girl he was hung up on. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

Frank Cali's niece seemed to have a consensual relationship with this young man. And we are all entering into speculation when we hypothesise that he was "no good" or a "bad influence" on her. It's all conjecture. And at the end of the day Cali was a criminal. You think the parents of his sons girlfriends wouldn't have reservations about their daughters going out with the sons of a drug dealer? Of course they would. But if their daughters are grown fucking women then they would probably let them make their own decisions in life rather than getting their uncle to try and threaten their boyfriends either directly or indirectly.

If you're going to treat a college-aged woman like a child and try to make their life decisions for them then it's a good way to inhibit their growth.

And, Southend, less of the personal abuse. You can disagree with my comments without resorting to sleaze.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966998
03/17/19 06:09 PM
03/17/19 06:09 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
I just love how Moe is always here to tell us right from wrong. Yet he tells us nobody should tell a niece who to or not to date rolleyes whistle Hypocrite much?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966999
03/17/19 06:19 PM
03/17/19 06:19 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by spartan

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry and ruthless) will lose respect for you. Fear, violence, murder are an integral part of OC.

If they don't avenge the murder of a boss because they're scared of jail sentences and LE, their business will be in trouble. Other groups - who are willing to use violence - will encroach on their business.

And you don't have to use high ranking members of your organization to to hits. Look at what's happening in Canada. Many suspected shooters show up on surveillance as being black. If they're caught, they don't even know who originally ordered the hit. The contracts are "layered" so the original person who ordered the hit is insulated.

I agree.

I agree too, but this is USA not Europe ,and this case caused too much heat, if they kill him or any member of his family , feds will be all over them , very bad for business

You don't get it. Why would I do business with a "Mafia family" who doesn't even avenge the death if their boss? Let's not BS here. US LE are not super men. They don't catch everyone. Most crimes are never solved. This is the BOSS of a major Italian OC family that was killed. A message has to be sent, otherwise US OC is a total joke. Non US OC will show zero respect.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: dixiemafia] #967000
03/17/19 06:21 PM
03/17/19 06:21 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
I just love how Moe is always here to tell us right from wrong. Yet he tells us nobody should tell a niece who to or not to date rolleyes whistle Hypocrite much?

I have told my sisters who not to date. Moe doesn't realize that his world view is not shared, by most of the world. Frank Cali was Sicilian and he was old school. Your niece is like your daughter. And you for sure can tell her whom she can date and not to date. But I'm sure he has no idea what I'm on about.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: spartan] #967001
03/17/19 06:24 PM
03/17/19 06:24 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

You don't get it. Why would I do business with a "Mafia family" who doesn't even avenge the death if their boss? Let's not BS here. US LE are not super men. They don't catch everyone. Most crimes are never solved. This is the BOSS of a major Italian OC family that was killed. A message has to be sent, otherwise US OC is a total joke. Non US OC will show zero respect.

Frank Cali was not a boss, it wasn't organized crime murder , but a personal dispute.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967004
03/17/19 06:48 PM
03/17/19 06:48 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
For those of you saying you don't understand why an uncle would get involved with what's happening with a niece, you probably haven't spent one day on Staten Island. And that's fine. But it's also why you can't understand.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967005
03/17/19 06:52 PM
03/17/19 06:52 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

It looks like Comello is going for self-defence because Cali had a gun. He also told police he was high on marijuana.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: spartan] #967006
03/17/19 06:58 PM
03/17/19 06:58 PM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button

I have told my sisters who not to date. Moe doesn't realize that his world view is not shared, by most of the world. Frank Cali was Sicilian and he was old school. Your niece is like your daughter. And you for sure can tell her whom she can date and not to date. But I'm sure he has no idea what I'm on about.

Exactly. And as much as it is a Sicilian thing, it's also partially a SI thing. The neighborhoods are very much enclaves, most coming from Brooklyn. There was a generation ago when families shared 3-story houses. I know non-Italians on SI who have done unspeakable things to certain individuals who disrespected not just a niece, but a daughter's friend, etc. It's not to say it's the best idea, as is evident here, but it is part of the outer-borough culture. You're not standing up for some girl out of a misguided machismo. Her father may be your childhood friend. Her mother is your sister. Her neighbor was your first boss. Her aunt on her dad's side was your prom date. Maybe I'm going too far, and missed a connection here or there, but I think you need to understand what it means to be part of a community in the outer-boroughs. Not to mention, I have heard this kid is a junkie. Or at least he was two years ago. Now, admittedly, that's on heresay, but not from someone who would really peddle that for no other reason. And also from someone I know well in the SI area, at least two years ago. I hesitate to say more, because it's not really not relevant.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #967007
03/17/19 07:07 PM
03/17/19 07:07 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
It looks like Comello is going for self-defence because Cali had a gun. He also told police he was high on marijuana.

Police did not find evidence of Cali having a gun.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #967009
03/17/19 07:08 PM
03/17/19 07:08 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

That is what he told police.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #967010
03/17/19 07:21 PM
03/17/19 07:21 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

His defense is bullshit , he is going away for a long time or getting whacked by Gambinos , or both. Anyway that kid is fucked

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: spartan] #967011
03/17/19 07:23 PM
03/17/19 07:23 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry

I agree too, but this is USA not Europe ,and this case caused too much heat, if they kill him or any member of his family , feds will be all over them , very bad for business

You don't get it. Why would I do business with a "Mafia family" who doesn't even avenge the death if their boss? Let's not BS here. US LE are not super men. They don't catch everyone. Most crimes are never solved. This is the BOSS of a major Italian OC family that was killed. A message has to be sent, otherwise US OC is a total joke. Non US OC will show zero respect.[/quote]

Again, The Underworld doesn't always run on that type of respect. Nor does LCN represents all of the US OC.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #967012
03/17/19 07:28 PM
03/17/19 07:28 PM
S
Shampoo Offline
Wiseguy
Shampoo  Offline
S
Wiseguy

Frank Cali was not a boss, it wasn't organized crime murder , but a personal dispute.

He wasn’t the boss? What was he?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BlackFamily] #967013
03/17/19 07:32 PM
03/17/19 07:32 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by BlackFamily

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry

Again, The Underworld doesn't always run on that type of respect. Nor does LCN represents all of the US OC.
[/quote]

They didn't do anything when one of their captains was shot in his own store by a civilian, the guy still lives in Staten Island. This isn't a movie, some other group isn't going to say "Wow, they didn't do anything when their underboss was killed by a complete whack job, now is the time to make our move!" That makes no sense. If some other group or even other some other LCN family feels the Gambinos can be moved on they will make a move, regardless of what happened to Cali. Also, US LE is pretty damn effective when they are dealing with criminals or crimes that have caught the public's attention and when big time criminals get convicted in the US they do real time in real prisons. This isn't Canada where you can be caught red handed killing a mob boss in a mob war and get 10 to 15 or less, or Mexico, where a cartel boss can have his jail cell turned into a luxury apartment. There is a reason why everyone, from Rizzuto to El Chapo, fights extradition to the US tooth in nail.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: JC] #967014
03/17/19 07:35 PM
03/17/19 07:35 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by BlackFamily

They didn't do anything when one of their captains was shot in his own store by a civilian, the guy still lives in Staten Island. This isn't a movie, some other group isn't going to say "Wow, they didn't do anything when their underboss was killed by a complete whack job, now is the time to make our move!" That makes no sense. If some other group or even other some other LCN family feels the Gambinos can be moved on they will make a move, regardless of what happened to Cali. Also, US LE is pretty damn effective when they are dealing with criminals or crimes that have caught the public's attention and when big time criminals get convicted in the US they do real time in real prisons. This isn't Canada where you can be caught red handed killing a mob boss in a mob war and get 10 to 15 or less, or Mexico, where a cartel boss can have his jail cell turned into a luxury apartment. There is a reason why everyone, from Rizzuto to El Chapo, fights extradition to the US tooth in nail. [/quote]

Also, any OC group will do business with any other group that can make them money, that has been proven time and time again. If a cartel or OMG or Italian mafia family can make money with the Gambinos they will do business with them, regardless of whether Cali is avenged or not. Again, this isn't a movie, money makes the world go round.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #967015
03/17/19 07:40 PM
03/17/19 07:40 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

His defense is bullshit , he is going away for a long time or getting whacked by Gambinos , or both. Anyway that kid is fucked

We will see, he better have a good story/lawyer.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967016
03/17/19 08:16 PM
03/17/19 08:16 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
“We are well aware of Mr. Cali’s past,” New York Police Department Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said at a press conference on Saturday. “That will be a part of this investigation as we determine what was the motive for the incident on Wednesday evening. There are multiple, multiple angles that we are still exploring.”

I read in another report that they are looking into whether he was paid to do it or if he was involved with people plotting to do it. I still don't think this adds up and I'm sure there is more to what we are led to believe right now. If he was instructed to stay away, why would Cali shake hands with him AFTER the kid crashed into his car? After all, if he has been instructed to stay away there is a reason for that and while it could just be Cali didn't like the look of Comello's jib and thought his niece could do better, he wouldn't have much patience for him. So after he damages his car, outside his home, and after he's knocked on the doorbell, Cali has a conversation with him and shakes hands? Then Comello empties a full clip on the guy?

It is all just a bit strange. The kid obviously knew who Cali was and how connected he was. Also, be wary of these 'sources close to the investigation'. They've had to backtrack and correct themselves several times already. Initially it was Cali's daughter, now it's a niece or other relative. Initially Comello had no criminal past or convictions, now it is stated (albeit vaguely) that he has been involved with the law in the past.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967018
03/17/19 09:49 PM
03/17/19 09:49 PM
L
Little_Frankie Offline
Capo
Little_Frankie  Offline
L
Capo
Wow, what a crazy situation. Involved in OC for most of your life and die in hail of bullets in front of your own home over something that had nothing to do with OC. Alanis Morissette wrote a song about this type of thing.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: spartan] #967021
03/17/19 10:30 PM
03/17/19 10:30 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry and ruthless) will lose respect for you. Fear, violence, murder are an integral part of OC.

If they don't avenge the murder of a boss because they're scared of jail sentences and LE, their business will be in trouble. Other groups - who are willing to use violence - will encroach on their business.

And you don't have to use high ranking members of your organization to to hits. Look at what's happening in Canada. Many suspected shooters show up on surveillance as being black. If they're caught, they don't even know who originally ordered the hit. The contracts are "layered" so the original person who ordered the hit is insulated.

I agree.

If it were Italy then the kid would have been killed yesterday. In Italy it’s a different level of brutality and ruthlessness.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Little_Frankie] #967028
03/18/19 12:48 AM
03/18/19 12:48 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by Little_Frankie
Wow, what a crazy situation. Involved in OC for most of your life and die in hail of bullets in front of your own home over something that had nothing to do with OC. Alanis Morissette wrote a song about this type of thing.

It's a jealous gun nut, when all Cali had was a knife...

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967029
03/18/19 01:25 AM
03/18/19 01:25 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Wait, Moe is crying that Cali should not be telling a 21 year old close family member she should not see, when said person ends up murdering him? Moe, you are acting like a goofball. Obviously Cali was right and that could have been his niece shot dead instead of Frank when she would have inevitably dumped his loser ass.

Last edited by WhackWhack; 03/18/19 01:30 AM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Shampoo] #967030
03/18/19 01:29 AM
03/18/19 01:29 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by Shampoo

He wasn’t the boss? What was he?

Underboss. Domenico Cefalù is still the Don. I always had a feeling that was the case. Seems the people who were pushing Cali was the Boss!! were the same people claiming Amuso was put on the shelf, Crea is Boss!!

Which was triple wrong since Amuso is still the official boss of the Lucchese, Crea was not even Street Boss but Underboss and that Matty Madonna was the Street Boss.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: SharpieOne] #967031
03/18/19 01:53 AM
03/18/19 01:53 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I dont know about Sicily, but in Calabria they would have force fed the girl acid....

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: CabriniGreen] #967032
03/18/19 04:42 AM
03/18/19 04:42 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
I dont know about Sicily, but in Calabria they would have force fed the girl acid....

True in southern Italy it´s all about family honor, also personal vendettas like this are not uncommon over there.

Last edited by Hollander; 03/18/19 04:42 AM.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967038
03/18/19 06:21 AM
03/18/19 06:21 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline
K
Wiseguy
I guess I was right from the get go. I said right off the bat it seems personal. I also said why would and what would be the gain for OC to take him out. I’ll say it again this isn’t Canada or Italy the fear factor is long gone. Nut case or not unless your in bed with these guys your likely not fearing them.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Kingscounty] #967040
03/18/19 06:47 AM
03/18/19 06:47 AM
M
mbo Offline
Made Member
mbo  Offline
M
Made Member
I have to say that saddens me a little. Don’t get me wrong, criminals intimidating innocent people with violence is never a good thing so in that respect this is a positive. But it also makes the LCN a little boring compared to two decades ago....

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: mbo] #967043
03/18/19 07:29 AM
03/18/19 07:29 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by mbo
I have to say that saddens me a little. Don’t get me wrong, criminals intimidating innocent people with violence is never a good thing so in that respect this is a positive. But it also makes the LCN a little boring compared to two decades ago....

That's why my interest lies more with Italy never a dull moment with all these conspiracies freemasons etc...

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #967044
03/18/19 07:32 AM
03/18/19 07:32 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button

I agree.

This is the nature of the business they are in. Violence is an integral part. No violence = no respect. And no respect = no more business. It's basic common sense. If I'm dealing with an OC group that is too scared to kill, eventually I will rip them off, and for a large sum of money. If I think "they're a bunch of pussies who won't do anything", I - or some other group - will eventually screw them over.

This was a boss that was murdered. A Boss. Like I said, there re many ways to execute a contract killing, so the original person ordering it can't be touched by LE.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Moe_Tilden] #967045
03/18/19 07:35 AM
03/18/19 07:35 AM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

Obviously, most of us are closer to our nieces and nephews than you are. If my niece was dating someone no good and might have been abusive to her, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell her what she needs to do. I've already done that to one of my nephews over a girl he was hung up on. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

Frank Cali's niece seemed to have a consensual relationship with this young man. And we are all entering into speculation when we hypothesise that he was "no good" or a "bad influence" on her. It's all conjecture. And at the end of the day Cali was a criminal. You think the parents of his sons girlfriends wouldn't have reservations about their daughters going out with the sons of a drug dealer? Of course they would. But if their daughters are grown fucking women then they would probably let them make their own decisions in life rather than getting their uncle to try and threaten their boyfriends either directly or indirectly.

If you're going to treat a college-aged woman like a child and try to make their life decisions for them then it's a good way to inhibit their growth.

And, Southend, less of the personal abuse. You can disagree with my comments without resorting to sleaze.

You have absolutely no idea. No clue.

For many ethnicities, male relatives approve or disapprove of boyfriends, girlfriends etc etc. I have stopped female relatives from dating ppl I didn't like. That's how it is.

Frank Cali may have lived in the USA, but he was Sicilian. And that is how Sicilians (mafia and non mafia) work.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #967056
03/18/19 10:19 AM
03/18/19 10:19 AM
B
Beenaround Offline OP
Capo
Beenaround  Offline OP
B
Capo
Nobody else is involved. This guy is so stupid he would've been Wacked by the mob before they arrested him. Maybe this guy thought Cali was retrieving a gun when he was putting the plate in his SUV. Only 2 people know what actually transpired and 1 is dead. Instead of getting the Hit of the century, We got a wacko guy. Our imaginations took over waiting for the bigger headline. I'm sure Cali was in the position of knowing all about this kid. Evidently, he was right. This pos has now brought a lot of problems for his Family. Bad situation. Retribution doesn't have a time frame.

Last edited by Beenaround; 03/18/19 10:22 AM.
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull