GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966919
03/17/19 12:45 PM
03/17/19 12:45 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

What he was doing lately.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BronaZora] #966921
03/17/19 12:50 PM
03/17/19 12:50 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by BronaZora

I'm still having a hard time believing that this kid would do something like this randomly on his own. There are other ways to deal with stuff like this. If he did act on his own, then he must have severe depression and is on some sort of medication, because no sane person goes from having a clean record and an honest job to killing one of the major bosses of one of the big families, that's insanity. It would make more sense if he was doing this as a favor for someone to move up the ranks or something, but on his own? Still not buying it.

This is just speculation on my part for the hell of it. Some of the articles quote people as saying Comello had some mental illness and perhaps also a history of drug use. If that's true probably he was not in the right state of mind, he has a relationship (maybe only in his mind?) with Cali's niece, he feels rightly or wrongly Cali's trying to keep him from his girl, and it could set him off. That kind of murder happens all the time. This time a Mob big shot was the victim so we're hearing about it a lot more in the news.
There is one other possible explanation. If someone wanted Cali gone, and knew Comello, maybe they could have planted the idea in his mind knowing he was feuding with Cali. I think it is most unlikely, but it's possible.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966923
03/17/19 12:56 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
My sources say Gene had nothing to do with this, and he will not accept being head of the organization, even if its offered to him.

I don't really have sources, btw. That's just my guess.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966924
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
so we are going back to the mob hit theory ?
how much do you guys believe that possible ??

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 03/17/19 12:57 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: MeyerLansky] #966925
03/17/19 12:58 PM
03/17/19 12:58 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
so we are going be to the mob hit theory ?

I think it's HIGHLY unlikely, but it's possible. Most likely the kid they arrested is a lone nut.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Fleming_Ave] #966928
03/17/19 01:01 PM
03/17/19 01:01 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
so we are going be to the mob hit theory ?

I think it's HIGHLY unlikely, but it's possible. Most likely the kid they arrested is a lone nut.

i won't be surprise at all by anything is this weird case...
also it's still early in the investigation
maybe new info will come out soon
for now we have no confirmation that he had anything to do with cali niece right ??

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: JoeTadaro] #966929
03/17/19 01:05 PM
03/17/19 01:05 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
Originally Posted by Tonytough
Read that Cali’s family refused to hand over cctv? And the kid is claiming Cali had a gun on him and he shot Cali in self defence?

Could it be Cali came out armed, kid shot him. And his family removed his gun hence the reason they don’t want to hand over cctv it true

I think the fact that the wife is a Inzerillo means that she is against helping the police especially since they have been trying to lock up her husband for the past decade why would should help them out. I think she and her kids were true to Omerta and said fuck the police we want real justice and we ain’t helping them. I’m sure they knew it was this deranged Comello kid since he supposedly rang the doorbell first and apparently the niece was inside the house too. The wife seems pretty legit she has it in her blood she wanted that kid dead for killing frank not locked up.

Where did you read or hear that he rang the doorbell first and that the girl was there too?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966930
03/17/19 01:32 PM
03/17/19 01:32 PM
B
BugsyM Offline
Made Member
BugsyM  Offline
B
Made Member
Also Saturday, John Gotti Jr. took a whack at law enforcement for originally believing his recently sprung uncle, Gene Gotti, may have been involved in the rubout.

“I wonder if these tremendously insightful law-enforcement individuals are going to issue an apology,” Junior, 55, told The Post.

Told of Junior’s remarks, one law enforcement source said, “Tell Junior we will apologize once his family apologizes to the Castellano, Lino and Johnson families, and all the other families whose relatives they killed and got away with.”

Savage.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Fleming_Ave] #966934
03/17/19 01:59 PM
03/17/19 01:59 PM
B
BronaZora Offline
Button
BronaZora  Offline
B
Button
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave

I'm still having a hard time believing that this kid would do something like this randomly on his own. There are other ways to deal with stuff like this. If he did act on his own, then he must have severe depression and is on some sort of medication, because no sane person goes from having a clean record and an honest job to killing one of the major bosses of one of the big families, that's insanity. It would make more sense if he was doing this as a favor for someone to move up the ranks or something, but on his own? Still not buying it.

This is just speculation on my part for the hell of it. Some of the articles quote people as saying Comello had some mental illness and perhaps also a history of drug use. If that's true probably he was not in the right state of mind, he has a relationship (maybe only in his mind?) with Cali's niece, he feels rightly or wrongly Cali's trying to keep him from his girl, and it could set him off. That kind of murder happens all the time. This time a Mob big shot was the victim so we're hearing about it a lot more in the news.
There is one other possible explanation. If someone wanted Cali gone, and knew Comello, maybe they could have planted the idea in his mind knowing he was feuding with Cali. I think it is most unlikely, but it's possible.

If this relationship story is legit and the kid was very depressed, it's completely possible that this could set him off. But that hand shake that they're talking about is rather weird, specially after someone just rammed your car. The only time I would shake hands with someone that just did that to my car is if I did not know them and they apologize, or I knew them and we're in good standing. If Cali knew the kid, I doubt he would be in good standing with him given he was trying to stop his niece from seeing him.

I don't know, that story does not add up. The kid seems Italian based on the name and he works in construction, he may know more than just the "niece".

Last edited by BronaZora; 03/17/19 02:02 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BronaZora] #966935
03/17/19 02:08 PM
03/17/19 02:08 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
But that hand shake that they're talking about is rather weird, specially after someone just rammed your car. The only time I would shake hands with someone that just did that to my car is if I did not know them and they apologize, or I knew them and we're in good standing. If Cali knew the kid, I doubt he would be in good standing with him given he was trying to stop his niece from seeing him.

Most likely Cali did not want to make a scene, so he was being polite. That, or maybe he didn't really hate the kid, just wanted him to leave the girl alone.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BugsyM] #966939
03/17/19 02:29 PM
03/17/19 02:29 PM
R
Ravens410 Offline
Made Member
Ravens410  Offline
R
Made Member
Originally Posted by BugsyM
Also Saturday, John Gotti Jr. took a whack at law enforcement for originally believing his recently sprung uncle, Gene Gotti, may have been involved in the rubout.

“I wonder if these tremendously insightful law-enforcement individuals are going to issue an apology,” Junior, 55, told The Post.

Told of Junior’s remarks, one law enforcement source said, “Tell Junior we will apologize once his family apologizes to the Castellano, Lino and Johnson families, and all the other families whose relatives they killed and got away with.”

Savage.

Oh my god that sentence is brutal!

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966941
03/17/19 02:32 PM
03/17/19 02:32 PM
Millspgh Offline
Capo
Millspgh  Offline
Capo
How long does he keep breathing once he gets sentenced and sent to his permanent home?
They’ll keep him alive in local jail for court, but after that, there will be a line up of people looking to get in the good graces with the LCN.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966945
03/17/19 02:39 PM
03/17/19 02:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The Gottis apologizing to the family of the guy who accidentally ran over John's son would be good enough for me.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966947
03/17/19 02:49 PM
03/17/19 02:49 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
The Gottis apologizing to the family of the guy who accidentally ran over John's son would be good enough for me.

Fat chance of that happening. According to the Gotti women the Favara family was throwing keg parties and John Favara was the devil lol. They love playing the victims

Last edited by JCrusher; 03/17/19 02:50 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966953
03/17/19 02:58 PM
03/17/19 02:58 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss

Their whole family are trash, with exception of maybe Pete....

Angel Gotti went on that A&E show and deliberately lied that Favara told her mother ''what the f**k was he doing on that bike anyway''

Nobody believes he would have said that, even though its a valid question...They just wanted to make him look like a less sympathetic victim....They're trash !!

Last edited by DiLorenzo; 03/17/19 03:00 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966957
03/17/19 03:07 PM
03/17/19 03:07 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
Was: Revis_Island
R
Underboss
This is almost a sign of how fall the American mafia has fallen in a way. Not to say that there haven’t been attempts on bosses lives when they weren’t around trusted bodyguards, but to get killed by some almost random kid in front of his house? Couldn’t imagine someone even being able to see someone like Carlo Gambino, Al Capone etc. in that scenario.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: DiLorenzo] #966960
03/17/19 03:12 PM
03/17/19 03:12 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo

Their whole family are trash, with exception of maybe Pete....

Angel Gotti went on that A&E show and deliberately lied that Favara told her mother ''what the f**k was he doing on that bike anyway''

Nobody believes he would have said that, even though its a valid question...They just wanted to make him look like a less sympathetic victim....They're trash !!

Exactly. They also harassed his wife after he was murdered. Pieces of shit they are

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BronaZora] #966968
03/17/19 03:43 PM
03/17/19 03:43 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

The kid seems Italian based on the name and he works in construction, he may know more than just the "niece".

Comello name.

https://www.houseofnames.com/comello-family-crest

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966969
03/17/19 03:44 PM
03/17/19 03:44 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
[Linked Image]

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Revis_Knicks] #966970
03/17/19 03:50 PM
03/17/19 03:50 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Couldn’t imagine someone even being able to see someone like Carlo Gambino, Al Capone etc. in that scenario.

Those guys used to run like massive thiefdoms where police could in many cases be openly corrupt walking in and out of known mafia establishments. Gambino and Capone could get away with having armed bodyguards many with likely criminal records and because of the environment they could get away with it. Frank Cali had two choices either ride around with armed criminals or hire professional security which probably wouldnt have worked in his line of work.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Revis_Knicks] #966972
03/17/19 04:03 PM
03/17/19 04:03 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
This is almost a sign of how fall the American mafia has fallen in a way. Not to say that there haven’t been attempts on bosses lives when they weren’t around trusted bodyguards, but to get killed by some almost random kid in front of his house? Couldn’t imagine someone even being able to see someone like Carlo Gambino, Al Capone etc. in that scenario.

Even when Capone was sick he kept body guards around him, say what you will, but Capone was a true gangster...if Capone was on the streets nitty would still be alive

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: JC] #966975
03/17/19 04:09 PM
03/17/19 04:09 PM
S
spartan Offline
Button
spartan  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by spartan
This wasn't an OC hit.

None of the other NYC families would have done this. And the Gambinos are stable and making money, so highly unlikely it was internal.

As for Canada, Cali had good contacts in Toronto and Montreal and Canadian mobsters don't like messing around in the USA because of potential jail time. Cali has travelled to Canada many times. If they wanted to hit him, they would have lured him to Canada.

Regarding the drug seizure, the Latin Americans only give drugs "on credit" to Calabrians, so any drug shipment Cali would be involved with was paid in cash in advance. If he was "guaranteeing" passage for someone else's drugs, and the drugs were seized, he wouldn't have been hit a few days later. He would have been given time to pay or make a deal.

And in Sicily, Cali was respected and things are calm. The Mafia in Sicily is making money again and things are relatively peaceful. Plus, if they were going to do a hit, it would be much more professional than this.

As I said in earlier posts, I am still shocked Cali didn't have better protection. He was the boss of a pretty large organization. It's very sloppy not to have the proper security.

And if the Gambinos are proper OC, the shooter should be dead by the end of the month. If Vito Rizzuto was shot by some 24 year old nobody, and that nobody was caught, the nobody would be dead within a week. If the gov't put them in PC, it would just take longer, but they would be nothing but a zombie, a dead man walking.

I agree with what everything that you said except the security part. No American LCN boss, aside from maybe Al Capone, had around the clock security if there was no war going on. Frank Costello, Giancana, and Vito Genovese to name a few never traveled with a body guard let alone had one at their house 24-7. Tommy Billotti didn't live at Paul Castellano's house, the Chin walked around Greenwich Village alone with his daughter sometimes, and Vito Genovese spent a lot of time alone tending to his garden in Atlantic Highlands by himself. With there being fewer organized crime hits now there is less of a need than ever to have security around a boss, if anything it would draw attention to them that they don't want, the last thing that they want now is to be noticed.

As far as retaliation, it doubt that anything happens, and there is precedent for that. Carmine Sciandra, not a boss but Paul Castellano's nephew and a Gambino captain, was shot in the stomach in a domestic dispute in 2005 at one of his Top Tomato stores on SI. From what I know the guy who did the shooting didn't even leave Staten Island. https://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/14/nyregion/from-our-family-to-yours-bang.html

Murder and really violence of any kind are bad for business, and if something were to happen to this guy or the guy who shot Carmine Sciandra, LE would be on the Gambinos in a heart beat. This isn't Canada where you can get convicted for a murder and be out in 10 to 15 years or even sooner.

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry and ruthless) will lose respect for you. Fear, violence, murder are an integral part of OC.

If they don't avenge the murder of a boss because they're scared of jail sentences and LE, their business will be in trouble. Other groups - who are willing to use violence - will encroach on their business.

And you don't have to use high ranking members of your organization to to hits. Look at what's happening in Canada. Many suspected shooters show up on surveillance as being black. If they're caught, they don't even know who originally ordered the hit. The contracts are "layered" so the original person who ordered the hit is insulated.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966979
03/17/19 04:37 PM
03/17/19 04:37 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

21 page thread went out with a fizzle. the boss got whacked over a bitch. take it there will be a vote or whatever for a new boss that should be interesting. theres a recent picture of cali floating around guy looked old for 53 could just be a bad pic. wonder if guys are throwing there hat in the ring being that it was so unexpected

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966980
03/17/19 04:38 PM
03/17/19 04:38 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

whoever the consig is today is surposed to take a capo vote

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966981
03/17/19 04:39 PM
03/17/19 04:39 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

what joe n gallo did after paul got killed. anthony spero did it for massino

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: spartan] #966984
03/17/19 05:12 PM
03/17/19 05:12 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

When the boss of a crime family is murdered, there must be retribution. Otherwise ppl you deal with - especially outside the USA - and local upstarts (especially ethnic gangs who are pretty hungry and ruthless) will lose respect for you. Fear, violence, murder are an integral part of OC.

If they don't avenge the murder of a boss because they're scared of jail sentences and LE, their business will be in trouble. Other groups - who are willing to use violence - will encroach on their business.

And you don't have to use high ranking members of your organization to to hits. Look at what's happening in Canada. Many suspected shooters show up on surveillance as being black. If they're caught, they don't even know who originally ordered the hit. The contracts are "layered" so the original person who ordered the hit is insulated.

I agree.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Moe_Tilden] #966985
03/17/19 05:13 PM
03/17/19 05:13 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

Obviously, most of us are closer to our nieces and nephews than you are. If my niece was dating someone no good and might have been abusive to her, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell her what she needs to do. I've already done that to one of my nephews over a girl he was hung up on. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966987
03/17/19 05:29 PM
03/17/19 05:29 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by Hollander

I agree.

I agree too, but this is USA not Europe ,and this case caused too much heat, if they kill him or any member of his family , feds will be all over them , very bad for business

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: dixiemafia] #966991
03/17/19 05:34 PM
03/17/19 05:34 PM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
Originally Posted by dixiemafia
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

Obviously, most of us are closer to our nieces and nephews than you are. If my niece was dating someone no good and might have been abusive to her, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tell her what she needs to do. I've already done that to one of my nephews over a girl he was hung up on. Just because you don't do it doesn't mean the rest of us do it.

His father is obviously a pussy, and he knows it apparently. Anyway...

The theory of patsy has me thinking back to when Al Bruno ordered Frankie Roche to pay up for damages rendered during a bar brawl, and Roche was scared shitless. Bruno's protege Anthony Arillotta and his crew approached Frankie Roche, knowing of his dispute with Bruno, and paid him to take Bruno out on their behalf, making the murder seem like a personal thing between Frankie Roche and Al Bruno.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966993
03/17/19 05:38 PM
03/17/19 05:38 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
The murder is not mob business, it was a personal dispute, let it rest

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull