GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, 2 invisible), 99 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,318
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,670
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,497
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,267
Posts1,057,474
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966813
03/16/19 10:16 PM
03/16/19 10:16 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
so there might be a chance of him being sent by someone ? i find that hard to believe now
but it's officially the strangest mob hit ever
so i won't be surprised by any new info at that point

The police chief said more.

“We are well aware of Mr. Cali’s past,” he added. “That will be part of this investigation as we determine the motive… there are multiple angles we are still exploring…The priority was getting the individual responsible for the murder off the street.”

He added: “Let me reiterate, this is far from over.”

thanks buddy !
so guys ! maybe it's more then a love story or whatever
let's wait for more info

Last edited by MeyerLansky; 03/16/19 10:16 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966817
03/16/19 10:32 PM
03/16/19 10:32 PM
OurThing Offline
Button
OurThing  Offline
Button
Well, this is anti-climactic and lame. Not likely they'd recruit Joe Schmoe, who never did any kind of dirt whatsoever, for a job like this. Unless he's never been caught.

Someone had mentioned Jimmy Hydel and other sloppy assassination attempts. But Hydel was involved in the streets to some degree, even if he was considered a "nobody" or "wannabe". This guy however, comes out of nowhere... very well could be a freak occurrence / personal beef.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966822
03/16/19 10:50 PM
03/16/19 10:50 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
I kind of called it, as Mike Ehrmentrout told Walter White”Just because you shot jessie James doesn’t make you Jessie James’
This punk is gonna have a tough time in Attica, or up in Siberia. He has a target on his back the same as a short eye. He is gonna deserve every bit of what he has coming.
This punk was told to stay away from one of Franky Boys relatives who is female. This punk than decided nobody is gonna tell him who he can or can’t see and killed Cali.
The press needs to issue an apology to Gene Gotti who is living out his days holed up in his Long Island home enjoying taking a shit without his celly 5 feet away.

Last edited by UncleVig; 03/16/19 10:58 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966825
03/16/19 10:58 PM
03/16/19 10:58 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
i don't get it
if they had a personal beef then he hits cali car and shakes hand with him in a minute ?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966826
03/16/19 11:00 PM
03/16/19 11:00 PM
G
grumpies Offline
Button
grumpies  Offline
G
Button
Exactly, May be a wacked out type moron. but how did he get that address.? know which car to plow into.. maybe may be somebody gave him a lump sum of money and other offering to do this..Yea there might be more to this. and this man Cali too nice of a guy. should of came down to him with an attitude an maybe the situation would of been different. but yea what a sneak move sucker shot. it kind of looks like someone may of paid him. all that over a girl.?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: MeyerLansky] #966827
03/16/19 11:14 PM
03/16/19 11:14 PM
U
UncleVig Offline
Button
UncleVig  Offline
U
Button
C
i don't get it
if they had a personal beef then he hits cali car and shakes hand with him in a minute ?

i don't get it

Cali was caught off guard but knew who the dude was evidentlylike wtf? “I’m sorry I accidentally backed into your car”Cali was a convicted felon, having a gun in his home even if it’s his wife’s is illegal, it’s called constructive possession. He was a non violent offender it’s bullshit. Once you do your time your civil rights should be restored including the right to protect yourself from wackjob. Who knows what the conversation was, it will come out eventually.
This dude is greenlit he will be in PC until trial and sentencing than maybe put in a special needs yard but he will be gotten to.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: MeyerLansky] #966828
03/16/19 11:25 PM
03/16/19 11:25 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

i don't get it

Fake news ! wink

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966829
03/16/19 11:30 PM
03/16/19 11:30 PM
B
BugsyM Offline
Made Member
BugsyM  Offline
B
Made Member
Sources tell CBS2 the suspect and Cali were involved in a spat over latter’s niece, who sources say is from Brooklyn and would sometimes stay at Comello’s home on Staten Island. The sources say Cali didn’t want his niece, who is attending college, to spend time with Comello, who has worked in construction.

Threw his whole life away over a broad, her puss must be golden, we need pics.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BugsyM] #966830
03/16/19 11:41 PM
03/16/19 11:41 PM
S
Shampoo Offline
Wiseguy
Shampoo  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by BugsyM
Sources tell CBS2 the suspect and Cali were involved in a spat over latter’s niece, who sources say is from Brooklyn and would sometimes stay at Comello’s home on Staten Island. The sources say Cali didn’t want his niece, who is attending college, to spend time with Comello, who has worked in construction.

Threw his whole life away over a broad, her puss must be golden, we need pics.

Jesus, kid— way to prove Cali right about being no good for his niece. It’s clear Comello isn’t working with a full deck.

Last edited by Shampoo; 03/16/19 11:42 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BugsyM] #966831
03/16/19 11:44 PM
03/16/19 11:44 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Threw his whole life away over a broad, .

Basically so did Cali.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Moe_Tilden] #966837
03/17/19 12:27 AM
03/17/19 12:27 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by FrankValenti
They took his Facebook down already, this guy whacked a boss? What's the world coming to? He wouldn't have the balls to whack a Blood or Crip..
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/anthony-comello-1.jpg

What a sad world. This kid looks like the softest frat boy posing after 7 jager bombs at some state school upstate his parents paid for him to flunk out of. How in the world did this cocksucker get away with this? Very, very strange. This pussy really took out the boss of the most powerful crime family in America. LCN is officially dead as of this day.

In all fairness he looks like a strapping young guy. Whereas Cali, like a lot of mob bosses, looks short and dumpy. Who do you think would win in a fistfight? Carlo Gambino was the most powerful boss ever and an asthmatic kid would probably have more endurance than him or his son; the guy would've shit his pants if Carmine Galante was alone in a room with him. Anthony Casso got battered in prison once he started acting up and lost the aura that being high up in the mafia gave him.

Angelo Bruno and Paul Castellano didn't get to the top by virtue of what they did with their fists. Nor Frank Costello before that; look how quickly he noped out of the life after his life was threatened.

I suppose it's not the physical threat posed by these people that makes them a force to be reckoned with. It's the knowledge that they can snap their fingers and have someone do whatever they want to you. With no conscience or remorse.

The irony is if you look at many of the politicians, bankers and other people in high places is that the world is controlled by nerdy looking beta males while the alpha's do the heavy work as soldiers, criminals, construction workers, etc. Many of the most powerful mob bosses weren't particulary physically impressive. Brains beat muscle when it comes to real power.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: grumpies] #966838
03/17/19 12:34 AM
03/17/19 12:34 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by grumpies
Exactly, May be a wacked out type moron. but how did he get that address.? know which car to plow into.. maybe may be somebody gave him a lump sum of money and other offering to do this..Yea there might be more to this. and this man Cali too nice of a guy. should of came down to him with an attitude an maybe the situation would of been different. but yea what a sneak move sucker shot. it kind of looks like someone may of paid him. all that over a girl.?

No offense but you would have to be really dumb to believe that it was anything but a random killing. Let's look at the supposed likely suspects:

1) The Gottis-Who could have done this-the really dumb one who is locked up, the one who is so dumb that even the other Gottis, who are far from MENSA members, called stupid? The drop out/rat? The hair jell brothers? The only one who means anything on the street who is in his 70's who just got out of jail after 30 years who is probably still figuring out how to use a cell phone? Yeah, they would definitely inspire confidence and lead a revolt. Come on, really?

2) Someone from Canada-Why would anyone from Canada ever do dirt in the USA? If the Gambinos are involved in Canada as some believe why not hit someone in Canada to make a point or seek revenge? It makes no sense that anyone from Canada would try to do anything in the US when you can hit someone in Canada and do 10 years or less. One of the guys who hit the Iron Worker is out already, and Mom Bouchard, who had a prison guard killed, actually has release date. In the US that moron who went to court each day with the Scrawny Guy got 10 years for setting a car on fire, the Feds would be on anyone who hit a mob boss in the US in a heart beat. That makes no sense.

3) The Mexicans-So a shipment was lost, they could mobilize a hit team in one day? If the US wants you they will get you, a hit by a cartel in the US is a straight path to supermax in Florence where you are basically sitting in cell the size of card board box for 23 hours a day, El Chapo is proof of what happens when the US wants you.

4) Another US LCN family-They just want to lay low, they know what happens when you sneeze violently let alone act violently, the last thing that the Genovese want is to give LE another reason to look twice at them.

When it comes to famous people or an individual that people look up to, in this case a mafia hero to mafia groupie, people don't want to acknowledge that random things happen. People get hit by lightning, people get hit by cars, people get killed by sharks, etc. That's life, and while it is more likely to happen to someone who has to wash their clothes in an alligator infested river in Africa than it is to mob boss in Staten Island, random things do happen. Someone might lose their mind over a woman, and all bets are off. That is still more likely than one of the Gottis trying to reclaim their honor, that is just laughable. Even someone who has been drinking all day on St. Patrick's Day could figure that out.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966841
03/17/19 12:45 AM
03/17/19 12:45 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Michael Franzese had a good idea about was going on too. I wonder whether he also thought about the lone nutjob. It's easy to refute all the other theories now that it does indeed appear to be just a loner, even though the other theories are usually more likely than this totally random act by a disgruntled kid. Even retired LE higher-ups and others in the know were thinking it was mob related so no reason to be ashamed of our so called mob groupie initial thoughts. wink

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966842
03/17/19 12:53 AM
03/17/19 12:53 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Brains beat muscle when it comes to real power.

I only wish this were still true.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966843
03/17/19 12:56 AM
03/17/19 12:56 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Michael Franzese had a good idea about was going on too. I wonder whether he also thought about the lone nutjob. It's easy to refute all the other theories now that it does indeed appear to be just a loner, even though the other theories are usually more likely than this totally random act by a disgruntled kid. Even retired LE higher-ups and others in the know were thinking it was mob related so no reason to be ashamed of our so called mob groupie initial thoughts. wink

Franzese locked his twitter. Guess we'll never know the truth.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966844
03/17/19 12:59 AM
03/17/19 12:59 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member

A lot of those supposed higher ups were just looking for another reason to justify their own existence and stroke their own egos. Admitting that a supposed untouchable is just as vulnerable as a regular citizen doesn't help them further their own agenda.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966845
03/17/19 01:01 AM
03/17/19 01:01 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by OakAsFan

Franzese locked his twitter. Guess we'll never know the truth.

Franzese's theory, whatever it is, would make me look the other way if anything. I wouldn't trust him as far as I can thrown him, he is probably lining up another round of speaking engagements as we speak.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966846
03/17/19 01:07 AM
03/17/19 01:07 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
It seems some people forget that crooks aren't immune to domestic spats. Now & back then at their peak, don't know why it's hard for some to fathom it. The drug shipment would of involved Carribean traffickers more so than Mexicans. I think it should be more patience into these situations than turning a thread out in a few days. Also, Just as the LCN is overromanticized so is the hits they do. Seriously it's not professional ALL the time, just a couple hit & misses with it.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966847
03/17/19 01:10 AM
03/17/19 01:10 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

They are still 1 of the strongest and largest organized crime group in NYC and only group that ever challenged them was Rudaj Organization ,

I'm not sure this is entirely true. With the drug trade, immigrants coming from other parts of the world with their own crime organizations, I think we're in a time of transition not only for this country but for what we call organized crime as well. The two go hand in hand. [/quote]

There, it's more accurate.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966848
03/17/19 01:24 AM
03/17/19 01:24 AM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Brains beat muscle when it comes to real power.

I only wish this were still true.

It has always been true, were Hitler and Stalin pulling the trigger? Any idiot can pull a trigger, it only takes balls and not brains. True power is scaring people or manipulating people into doing what you want them to do. Luciano, Costello, Gambino et al. weren't challenging people to fair fights, that's for suckers.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966849
03/17/19 01:30 AM
03/17/19 01:30 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I see no evidence whatsoever that smart people are running the world anymore.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966851
03/17/19 03:31 AM
03/17/19 03:31 AM
Longislandguy14 Offline
Made Member
Longislandguy14  Offline
Made Member
I sure as shit didn’t expect this. Wow. What the hell does Cali have to do with his niece? Wouldn’t her father be the target on this? This dude is fertilizer eventually, and even worse now his family is in imminent danger. What a selfish jerk off. Just my 2 cents

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966853
03/17/19 05:31 AM
03/17/19 05:31 AM
M
MegaMikejr Offline
Button
MegaMikejr  Offline
M
Button

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Longislandguy14] #966860
03/17/19 08:08 AM
03/17/19 08:08 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Longislandguy14
I sure as shit didn’t expect this. Wow. What the hell does Cali have to do with his niece? Wouldn’t her father be the target on this? This dude is fertilizer eventually, and even worse now his family is in imminent danger. What a selfish jerk off. Just my 2 cents

I slept on it and it just doesn't add up. Comello had to know who he was dealing with and where did the gun came from still many questions..

Last edited by Hollander; 03/17/19 08:10 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: JC] #966867
03/17/19 08:31 AM
03/17/19 08:31 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JC

A lot of those supposed higher ups were just looking for another reason to justify their own existence and stroke their own egos. Admitting that a supposed untouchable is just as vulnerable as a regular citizen doesn't help them further their own agenda.

If it can bleed it can die, sure. The difference is that someone like Cali is in a position to be less vulnerable than a regular citizen if he wants too. But nobody ever expected something like this would happen and I think you would agree that it coming from within his own organization sounded more likely than this.

That being said, earlier in the thread another poster suggested the lone nutjob and I did not dismiss it.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966869
03/17/19 08:38 AM
03/17/19 08:38 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss

I slept on it and it just doesn't add up. Comello had to know who he was dealing with and where did the gun came from still many questions..

Any fool can get a gun in America.

I had a hard time believing it too with all these fantastic theories going around in my head, but the story makes sense to me now.

If there's more to it we will find out through more killings.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966871
03/17/19 08:44 AM
03/17/19 08:44 AM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
I'm surprised Franzese didn't imply that his father was the killer !!

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966872
03/17/19 08:45 AM
03/17/19 08:45 AM
K
kickup Offline
Wiseguy
kickup  Offline
K
Wiseguy
12 shots. Look how they massacred my boy...

So many speculations on who did it, the Sicilians, Gene Gotti, Mexicans, Canadians, nobody expected this. Kinda hard to believe this. The kid that shot him will sure have a nice time in prison. Sloppy hit too, was to be expected this was gonna be solved quick. Guy left prints on the license plates, and got his face on tape. High class neighborhood, every house there has a camera.

RIP Frankie Boy.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: OakAsFan] #966873
03/17/19 08:47 AM
03/17/19 08:47 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Threw his whole life away over a broad, .

Basically so did Cali.

1. So, reading between the lines, Comello was in a consensual relationship with Cali's niece.
2. Cali put an end to the relationship.
3. Even though his niece is a grown woman.
4. Even though she's not his daughter, therefore none of his business.
5. It's implied that Comello wasn't good enough for her because he worked in construction.
6. Not good enough to date a heroin dealer's niece.
7. Okay.

Did Cali have some issues or regrets over not having any daughters? How the fuck is it his business who his adult niece dates? If my father told his 21 year old niece who she can and can't date, she would burst out laughing.

I wonder what the parents of Cali's sons girlfriends think about their daughters dating the children of heroin dealing scum?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966875
03/17/19 08:50 AM
03/17/19 08:50 AM
Longislandguy14 Offline
Made Member
Longislandguy14  Offline
Made Member

I can’t imagine why he would hit frank, I’m guessing it’s possible frank is the one who told him personally to stay away from his niece.
The kid thinks since he can’t have the niece he’ll make a grand statement put on a show for her in front of the house. Unless there’s more to this, the kid is an idiot plain and simple.

Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull