GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Irishman12, RushStreet, The_Marble_Guy, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,166
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966476
03/15/19 05:54 PM
03/15/19 05:54 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
If it's Gotti and cohorts: good job destabilizing a reasonably stable organization. Seems to be a family pastime activity.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: UncleVig] #966477
03/15/19 05:59 PM
03/15/19 05:59 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by UncleVig
This could be the work of a lone nutjob, a mobster aficionado just like the ones that read and post here. Why did that dude shoot John Lennon? He adored John Lennon yet he killed him. I’m just tossing this one out there. This might be about nothing.
Remember that Ciccone kid? Took a shot at John Gotti Sr. outside the Bergin ? They thought he was sent by loyalists from Joe Cat and dumped his body in Joe Cat Jrs. Candy store in SI?
Could just be a wack job proving to himself in his sick fucking twisted mind he is bad enough

The fact that this even happened proves that anything is possible and so I won't call this a crazy theory at all. Actually, I find this more likely then that it has anything to do with Persico, the Creas or the Bonannos.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966478
03/15/19 06:19 PM
03/15/19 06:19 PM
BC
R
RunCity Offline
Wiseguy
RunCity  Offline
R
Wiseguy
BC
Originally Posted by Strax
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
I bet the gambinos we’re responsible for getting that big 77$ millions dollar coke shipment in safely and when it got busted they wanted him to pay up and he said no and then they whacked his ass.

That drug shipment belongs to Mexicans , you cant organize a murder of man like Cali in 4 days.

Idk. For one pmac said those docks aren't theirs. And I don't imagine any crew would take the responsibility of transportation of a load that big and is not theirs yet and haven't paid for it yet. Thats asking for trouble from the cartels. If they had already paid for it. The load arrived. Got busted. Then other people in on the load would have placed the hit.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: M_Martino] #966479
03/15/19 06:26 PM
03/15/19 06:26 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Originally Posted by M_Martino
Originally Posted by BronaZora
With the way the LE is in the US, I'm having a hard time believing that this would be internal or American LCN related. This is either coming from Canada or Italy, and seeing how Cali has Sicilian connections and the Gambinos doing business with mobsters from Toronto, Canada seems like a good candidate here. This possibly all goes back to drug trafficking/distribution. I think it's best for American mobsters to get out of the drug game and stick to safer routes like construction and gambling.

I get that LCN isn't as violent as it used to be, but at the end of the day, it is a criminal organization and the guys in the life will put in work if they have to or have something big to gain. With risk comes reward. There's been numerous incidents of violence recently, especially in NY. I think it's a power play move within the Gambinos. Older American Gambinos are behind this, I bet. Zips don't drive pickup trucks.

ZERO chance this is random or a road rage incident.

Originally Posted by M_Martino
Originally Posted by BronaZora
With the way the LE is in the US, I'm having a hard time believing that this would be internal or American LCN related. This is either coming from Canada or Italy, and seeing how Cali has Sicilian connections and the Gambinos doing business with mobsters from Toronto, Canada seems like a good candidate here. This possibly all goes back to drug trafficking/distribution. I think it's best for American mobsters to get out of the drug game and stick to safer routes like construction and gambling.

I get that LCN isn't as violent as it used to be, but at the end of the day, it is a criminal organization and the guys in the life will put in work if they have to or have something big to gain. With risk comes reward. There's been numerous incidents of violence recently, especially in NY. I think it's a power play move within the Gambinos. Older American Gambinos are behind this, I bet. Zips don't drive pickup trucks.

ZERO chance this is random or a road rage incident.

I agree and anyone saying today’s NYC mafia still isn’t violent is really off the mark and hasn’t been paying attention.

Are violent acts down from the 80s / 90s , absolutely but assaults and shootings are occurring somewhat frequently and we have been reading about associates being killed as well and nuermous beefs. It’s still a very violent world with loads of guys going at it hard every day ( loansharking, collecting debts , hard extortions , dealing drugs etc .)

What’s interesting is it seems the violence has tricked up of late and I’m wondering if it’s because the families have regrouped and gotten stronger the last 5-7 years or if rackets are dwindling and guys are really getting after it to make a living

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: m2w] #966480
03/15/19 06:42 PM
03/15/19 06:42 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by Hollander
That he was killed in front of wife and childeren is not weird happens all the time maybe not in the US in the recent past but maybe times are changing in NY.

it's typical, nothing strange, the best for a secretive guy like cali and a city full of cameras like ny, the murder was very professional, probably zips
just see the difference with zottola one, they used blacks and they got arrested, i doubt they catch this killer in a short period

Have they found out who ordered those hits on the Zottolas?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966481
03/15/19 06:45 PM
03/15/19 06:45 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by Sonny_Black

As far as i know,no. That black guy was arrested and thats about it. Who knows if we will ever know is behind hit on Cali

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966482
03/15/19 06:59 PM
03/15/19 06:59 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Beenaround

I appreciate your post but Giovanni Gambino is a Nobody...

I know, his father was the real deal though.

Whose His Father..? This guy tells more stories than Mr. Rogers..

His father is francesco gambino big heroin guy in the 80s.
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/926/1355/258346/

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: TheKillingJoke] #966483
03/15/19 07:03 PM
03/15/19 07:03 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
If it's Gotti and cohorts: good job destabilizing a reasonably stable organization. Seems to be a family pastime activity.

Great post !

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966484
03/15/19 07:08 PM
03/15/19 07:08 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
[quote=m2w]

i don't know, but they are sure different people, zottola murder was highly unprofessional, although italians are sure behind it probably

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966486
03/15/19 07:17 PM
03/15/19 07:17 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by pmac
New and final pmac theory.... genovese crews are pissed gambinos running huge drug shipment threw there docks now there all under investigation. Someone's gotta pay. The genovese have never been shy to take out other familys boss or underboss. It was a sneak but cali is known as a international drug guy. Probaly working wit the cartels and didnt caught the genovese nj wing in

Nope , just no. Genovese would never do this and attract this much heat and feds

The west side and Cali's 18th ave crew seemed as far as I know close at least making money together. A lot of money at stake now.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966487
03/15/19 07:27 PM
03/15/19 07:27 PM
B
Beenaround Offline OP
Capo
Beenaround  Offline OP
B
Capo
.. Thank you for the information.. Still never heard of him or this nobody Giovanni.. The only one I know was Giovanni (John) Gambino... But anyway let's get back to Cali.

Last edited by Beenaround; 03/15/19 07:28 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: pmac] #966488
03/15/19 07:31 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
New and final pmac theory.... genovese crews are pissed gambinos running huge drug shipment threw there docks now there all under investigation. Someone's gotta pay. The genovese have never been shy to take out other familys boss or underboss. It was a sneak but cali is known as a international drug guy. Probaly working wit the cartels and didnt cutt the genovese nj wing in.

I actually considered the same thing.

Another consideration is the shooter was sent by the Mexican DTO that owned that load. As I said earlier, they move that kind of weight. Perhaps Cali was to provide security to get the load in, and something fell apart, and the Mexican DTO decided he had to pay for it. The hit is consistent with the way they do their business. They will kill people in front of their family, at their home, etc. Hell, they usually kill the family too.

Maybe the West Side found out Cali was moving it through, and gave it up to LE. The Mexicans thought Cali had an agreement with the Genovese's, and feel played. Who knows.

Maybe I live too close to the border, but the Mexican's have a very long reach, especially if they feel crossed or someone was careless. I would not underestimate them.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966489
B
Beenaround Offline OP
Capo
Beenaround  Offline OP
B
Capo
I just heard on the news.. The Suspect on video was too grainy for identifying purposes.. Sounds like bullshit to me. I don't think the cops or Feds would show there hand.

Last edited by Beenaround; 03/15/19 07:37 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966492
03/15/19 07:39 PM
03/15/19 07:39 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
I just heard on the news.. The Suspect on video was too grainy for identifying purposes.. Sounds like bullshit to me. I don't think the cops or Feds would show there hand.

Video is very bad quality,from CCTV camera far away.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: TonyG] #966493
03/15/19 07:45 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TonyG
New and final pmac theory.... genovese crews are pissed gambinos running huge drug shipment threw there docks now there all under investigation. Someone's gotta pay. The genovese have never been shy to take out other familys boss or underboss. It was a sneak but cali is known as a international drug guy. Probaly working wit the cartels and didnt cutt the genovese nj wing in.

I actually considered the same thing.

Another consideration is the shooter was sent by the Mexican DTO that owned that load. As I said earlier, they move that kind of weight. Perhaps Cali was to provide security to get the load in, and something fell apart, and the Mexican DTO decided he had to pay for it. The hit is consistent with the way they do their business. They will kill people in front of their family, at their home, etc. Hell, they usually kill the family too.

Maybe the West Side found out Cali was moving it through, and gave it up to LE. The Mexicans thought Cali had an agreement with the Genovese's, and feel played. Who knows.

Maybe I live too close to the border, but the Mexican's have a very long reach, especially if they feel crossed or someone was careless. I would not underestimate them.

Crazy smart ... it’s a pretty good theory and it did bring a ton of heat but this hit just brought a shit ton more.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966494
M
Madonn Offline
Button
Madonn  Offline
M
Button

Did they release the CCTV footage of Mr. Cali? I saw that picture of him with that woman, I thought to myself, guy looks like the real Soprano.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Madonn] #966495
03/15/19 07:49 PM
03/15/19 07:49 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by Madonn

Did they release the CCTV footage of Mr. Cali? I saw that picture of him with that woman, I thought to myself, guy looks like the real Soprano.

No,they did not,but the police detective that explained what happened on video said its very bad quality. They released only this,at beginning you can see his brother in law. Thanks to felice for info

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966498
03/15/19 07:59 PM
03/15/19 07:59 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

wow straxx blowing fish out the fucking water that shit is like cops on fox in the 90tys. anyway to my stupid point. "goodfellas dont sue goodfellas, goodfellas kill goodfellas" sal profaci rip

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966500
03/15/19 08:00 PM
03/15/19 08:00 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

going to the bar good night bb. looks like the first 48 is closing in an still no arrests...........

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Moe_Tilden] #966505
03/15/19 08:11 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Beenshooter.

Very fishy for him to be murdered infront of his home but its still not uncommon. Well atleast historically.

Angelo Bruno killed infront of his home.
Sam Giancana killed in his home while cooking
The Riccobene brother was shot and killed infront of his mother.
Phil Testa blown to pieces at home
Greg Scarpa and family were nearly killed infront of their home.

Who ever killed him; Wanted him gone.

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Zavattoni
@Beenshooter.

Very fishy for him to be murdered infront of his home but its still not uncommon. Well atleast historically.

Angelo Bruno killed infront of his home.
Sam Giancana killed in his home while cooking
The Riccobene brother was shot and killed infront of his mother.
Phil Testa blown to pieces at home
Greg Scarpa and family were nearly killed infront of their home.

Who ever killed him; Wanted him gone.

Fat Pete Chiodo's civilian sister ambushed in car outside her home.

Vinnie Fusaro killed outside his home by Greg Scarpa while hanging Christmas lights on his garage during the Colombo war in the 90s.

Nicky Grancio was killed in front of his nephew, again by Scarpa's crew, while in the presence of his nephew, who was hit with fragments.

Costello attempt was at his residence as well.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966506
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by UncleVig
This could be the work of a lone nutjob, a mobster aficionado just like the ones that read and post here. Why did that dude shoot John Lennon? He adored John Lennon yet he killed him. I’m just tossing this one out there. This might be about nothing.
Remember that Ciccone kid? Took a shot at John Gotti Sr. outside the Bergin ? They thought he was sent by loyalists from Joe Cat and dumped his body in Joe Cat Jrs. Candy store in SI?
Could just be a wack job proving to himself in his sick fucking twisted mind he is bad enough

The fact that this even happened proves that anything is possible and so I won't call this a crazy theory at all. Actually, I find this more likely then that it has anything to do with Persico, the Creas or the Bonannos.

I second that. There are so many psychos out there, and so many guys with something to prove. I mean who knows for sure, but it's as likely as anything else. It might explain why someone would be willing to kill in front of cameras.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966507
03/15/19 08:15 PM
03/15/19 08:15 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47566981

New York Mafia: What's happening to the Five Families?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966508
03/15/19 08:27 PM
03/15/19 08:27 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

This is a Sicilian thing , i am sure Sicilians whacked him because he was involved in getting Inzerillos back to Sicily.

IDK his business with them has been mostly invisible, but I do read many years ago Calì was offended for having been excluded from some construction works carried out in the USA by a nephew of Salvatore Badalamenti, very close to the boss of Torretta, Vincenzo Brusca.

Last edited by Hollander; 03/15/19 08:28 PM.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Moe_Tilden] #966511
03/15/19 08:41 PM
03/15/19 08:41 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Cali at a charity event.

Is that his daughter?..Hot chick w/ nice rack..just sayin'

Not his daughter.

This is her Twitter: https://twitter.com/MicheleBellNY

And yes, she is thicc as fuck.

Your joking with " thicc" right?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: BlackFamily] #966514
03/15/19 08:50 PM
03/15/19 08:50 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Cali at a charity event.

Is that his daughter?..Hot chick w/ nice rack..just sayin'

Not his daughter.

This is her Twitter: https://twitter.com/MicheleBellNY

And yes, she is thicc as fuck.

Your joking with " thicc" right?

Very serious. I would give her the best 10 seconds she ever had.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Hollander] #966516
03/15/19 08:54 PM
03/15/19 08:54 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
This is a Sicilian thing , i am sure Sicilians whacked him because he was involved in getting Inzerillos back to Sicily.

IDK his business with them has been mostly invisible, but I do read many years ago Calì was offended for having been excluded from some construction works carried out in the USA by a nephew of Salvatore Badalamenti, very close to the boss of Torretta, Vincenzo Brusca.

I read that they are very powerful in construction in USA.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966517
03/15/19 08:59 PM
03/15/19 08:59 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I read that they are very powerful in construction in USA.

Cali was bringing in new guys all the time.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966519
03/15/19 09:04 PM
03/15/19 09:04 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
This hit is a little more extreme then road rage !! lol

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: DiLorenzo] #966520
03/15/19 09:06 PM
03/15/19 09:06 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
This hit is a little more extreme then road rage !! lol

It was a professional hit.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966522
03/15/19 09:16 PM
03/15/19 09:16 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
rizzuto from the grave......

pmac, you the man! lol

For those that say it might be them, I don't see it. They learned the hard way about fooling around with Americans when Vito went to prison. Too much risk IMHO.

Originally Posted by m2w
the best for a secretive guy like cali and a city full of cameras like ny, the murder was very professional, probably zips
just see the difference with zottola one, they used blacks and they got arrested, i doubt they catch this killer in a short period

There are a lot of cameras in NYC but they're not in every yard you know... He didn't quite live in downtown NYC in the middle of tourist territory. CCTV is about the only chance they have at this point and that won't show much.

As for someone saying road rage, I just don't see it. Cali had enough time to be inside his house, long enough for the guy to show up and pull past the SUV, then reverse it into the Escalade, and then get out and they shake hands? A road rager wouldn't want to strike up a friendy conversation with someone, then shake hands with him, and then pump 12 shots in him before taking off again. No freaking way. Someone wanted him dead, this was not a random road raging kill, this was calculated.

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull