GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, The_Marble_Guy), 107 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,154
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966291
03/14/19 09:11 PM
03/14/19 09:11 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
Funny Story I was in Bensonhurst last night about 9:45 P.M. a couple blocks away from CAFE ITALIA, I had to run an errand, I ran into a friend that is in the KNOW, he told me what happened.
I drove for about another 20 mins and was going to post on here what happened and when I logged on guys were already on here talking about what happened already.

Pretty CRAZY if you think about it, a guy gets shot at 9:00 P.M. and by 10:00 P.M. already across the world people know about it.

Either way the BOSS of one of the most powerful O.C. families is gunned down, the likely hood of this being the only guy that gets hit is SLIM to NONE and another thing if the ZIPS did NOT do this well, than expect to see bodies here and back in the mother country very shortly.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966292
03/14/19 09:23 PM
03/14/19 09:23 PM
B
Beenaround Offline OP
Capo
Beenaround  Offline OP
B
Capo
So many theories about this. It can go many ways. That's why it's a surprise to many.. If it was internal, I don't expect Genie to do it himself.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966293
03/14/19 09:26 PM
03/14/19 09:26 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Ok, it's my turn to kick the can:
When cefalu becamed acting they seeked out the approval of Peter and Gene Gotti, as the years went on, cefalu started showing less and less respect for Peter and Gene.
Thier messages to the streets fell on death ears. e even though the two brothers don't get along, they quickly realized that they need each other; Peter sends a message to Gene and makes him the new official boss upon his return to the streets. Peter don't want the heat so he sends messages through Joseph carrozzo and John Gotti Jr, his most trusted advisors. Joey tells Cali that the Gotti's are back in power but not to worry, we will take care of you...Cali laughs and says get the fuck out of here! It didn't sit to well with Gene, the old grizzly vet, John Gotti Jr sent for a young hitter form Howard beach to show everybody that the Gotti's are back in power.

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: pmac] #966295
03/14/19 09:39 PM
Texas
TonyG Offline
Capo
TonyG  Offline
Capo
Texas
Originally Posted by pmac
to put the whole 2000 kilo of cocoaine on the docks theory to bed and the feds deffinitly know this. the gambinos control the docks in brooklyn the new jersey dock is all genovese till this day and probaly going back 80yrs. the genovese own the new jersey docks they wouldnt let the gambinos move anything on there turf it would be a bad look. thats all cartel shit an bosses over seas.

Exactly, I would bet that 2,000 kg load was owned by Mexican DTO. They move that kind of weight.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966296
O
On_and_on_it_goes Offline
Associate
On_and_on_it_goes  Offline
O
Associate
thebigfella that might as well be a fairytale. Not a chance! This whole incident is very strange. Lots more questions than answers. One thing for sure if it's not internal than it will get interesting. Sicilians have long memories.......

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966297
03/14/19 09:48 PM
03/14/19 09:48 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
Nothing more than a road rage incident. Cali cuts off the driver in the truck on the expressway. The guy follows Cali to his house. The guys pulls up along side of Cali. They have a shouting match, Cali tells him to go fuck himself. Cali gets shot.

Case closed!

Last edited by flamingokid123; 03/14/19 09:49 PM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966298
03/14/19 09:51 PM
03/14/19 09:51 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
IMO its not from the large coke bust the whacking is too soon.Whoever was involved in that would of waited a few months for the guys who fucked up to make it right.FC as boss could of easily made it right with all the connections he has all over the world.Gene gotti theory is too far fetched does he actually have the power to do that anymore????The Gotti name doesnt carry weight in it like it did in the 80s.Im guessing its probably young 40 year old age bracket American guys taking back the family

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966299
03/14/19 09:58 PM
03/14/19 09:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

big fella i like the old guard theory but jr gotti is all done id bet his uncle doesnt even talk to him after all trge snitching or dry snitching he did. then there was stolen money. gene was a legend in his day and probaly in prison to. all them old capos even i bet dan marino all them guys corrozzo they plotted it

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966300
03/14/19 09:59 PM
03/14/19 09:59 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

if cali was the official boss at the end of the day in weeks or months there has to be a new boss selected

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966301
03/14/19 10:01 PM
03/14/19 10:01 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

rizzuto from the grave......

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966303
03/14/19 10:41 PM
03/14/19 10:41 PM
B
Ben54 Offline
Button
Ben54  Offline
B
Button
I wouldn’t discount the potential of Canada having some role in this. They’ve had interactions with Gambinos and obviously Sicilians in their drug trades.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966304
03/14/19 10:42 PM
03/14/19 10:42 PM
Zavattoni Offline
Underboss
Zavattoni  Offline
Underboss
My theory.

The old guard got sick of Sicilian leadership; and decided to have Cali whacked. Think a few old timers; along with the blessing of the Corozzo's and maybe Marino. Nick Corozzo gets out next yr so perfect timing for him to use a proxy aka Acting Boss. As someone mentioned; Take back leadership from the zips.

I doubt Gene had anything to do with this. He may have been consulted but who knows? The gotti name doesnt pull weight anymore.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 03/14/19 10:43 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966306
03/14/19 10:53 PM
03/14/19 10:53 PM
B
BugsyM Offline
Made Member
BugsyM  Offline
B
Made Member
Cops eye John Gotti’s brother after slaying of Gambino boss

The Gottis are back in town — and the bloodshed could just be beginning.

Police are taking a serious look at whether Gambino crime-family boss Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali was whacked in an internal war for control — with one of John Gotti’s brothers and a key associate fresh out of prison and possibly looking to seize power, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Thursday.

While the motive for the Wednesday hit on Cali outside his Staten Island home remains under investigation, cops were probing whether it was part of a brewing American-vs.-Sicilian power struggle — with Gene

Gotti looking to claw back control for the red, white and blue faction of the syndicate from Cali, the son of Sicilians with close ties to his homeland, sources say.

If so, “there’s going to be an all-out war,” one source said.

“The Sicilians are not going to sit back and let that happen.”

Gene Gotti, 72, was released from federal prison in September 2018 after 29 years behind bars for heroin dealing.

A month earlier, Gotti associate John Carneglia, 74, was released from the slammer after serving time for the same rap.

Carneglia was reputedly the one who fatally shot then-Gambino boss Paul Castellano when a team of gunmen ambushed him outside Sparks Steak House in Midtown in 1985 — on the orders of Gene’s older brother, John Gotti, who would then take over the family.

And investigators say there are real similarities between this week’s rubout — which saw a gunman open fire on Cali outside his Todt Hill home — and Castellano’s slaying.

“It’s in his bloodline,” one source said of Gene Gotti. “This is very similar in some ways to what happened to Paul Castellano in front of Sparks Steak House.”

But there’s also a big difference with the Cali hit.

“This was in front of his family, in his house. You don’t usually see this. There were other places this could’ve happened,” retired Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said at the scene Thursday.

Boyce said that he believed it was a hit within the Gambino family, but that it was “early” to tie it to Gene, as he hasn’t been out of prison long.

John Gotti, Gene’s notorious brother, took over the Gambinos after Castellano’s slaying and ruled with a swagger while avoiding prosecution until he was finally put away in 1992.

That year, the feds hit the Teflon Don with racketeering, murder and conspiracy charges that stuck, thanks to Gotti’s right-hand man, Salvatore “Sammy the Bull” Gravano, who agreed to testify against him.

“The Teflon is gone,” James Fox, the head of the FBI in New York, said after Gotti’s conviction. “The don is covered with Velcro, and all the charges stuck.’’

John Gotti died in prison in 2002 — not at the hands of an assassin but from cancer — and was succeeded as godfather by another brother, Peter.

When Peter was put away for a lengthy stint a few years later, the Sicilian faction of the family wrested back control, first in the hands of Domenico Cefalu, then Cali in 2015

Gene was a mob captain when he was locked up — and he allegedly ran a loan-sharking operation while behind bars — so he is still entitled to a role in the Gambinos, sources previously told The Post.

Sources said on Thursday that there has been speculation that Gene might have been expecting more clout once he got out.

Cali — who married into the powerful Sicilian Inzerillo Mafia clan — had reportedly been bringing over wiseguys from the Italian island to bolster the family’s ranks because he thought they were less likely
to flip for law enforcement, sources said.

With his murder, law enforcement is on the lookout to see “if another body drops,” a source said.

If somebody does get killed, it will almost certainly be from the side behind the hit, sources say.

And if Gotti’s side was indeed behind the bloodshed, there may be other evidence.

Sources say they will likely have done practice runs to nail down the route and assess the scene before the actual slaying, and it could be caught on surveillance footage.

Gene Gotti could not be reached for comment.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/14/cops-eye-john-gottis-brother-after-slaying-of-gambino-boss/

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966307
03/14/19 11:06 PM
03/14/19 11:06 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
It could be the Ndrangheta continuing to assert their global dominance in the drug trade. Make a big hit to send NY a message that the Calabrians are in control.

But this does seem personal. Maybe payback from Canada? Doubtful.

Also, this shit could be internal amongst the Sicilians too. Might have nothing to do with the Americans, might be a Zip war.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966309
03/14/19 11:16 PM
03/14/19 11:16 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Remember this guy.

Same Shit.

Attached Files th.jpg

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966313
03/14/19 11:35 PM
03/14/19 11:35 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Gunning down a boss and getting away with it doesn't seem all that sloppy to me. Regardless how did they get to him and did he not have any protection??

I agree with the above that 12 shots up close, and no body guards around a boss, sounds an awful lot like someone on the inside

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966314
03/14/19 11:39 PM
03/14/19 11:39 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Who is the underboss and street boss?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966316
03/15/19 12:19 AM
03/15/19 12:19 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Toronto.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966317
03/15/19 12:31 AM
03/15/19 12:31 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, .....

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966318
03/15/19 12:46 AM
03/15/19 12:46 AM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
These “Made in Staten Island” promos are gettin out of hand. Karen Gravano needs to chill.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: TheWolf] #966319
03/15/19 01:24 AM
03/15/19 01:24 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheWolf
Originally Posted by m2w
canada stuff seems to be mostly an lcn stuff

They are all mobsters/LCN but it is not like they are fighting over traditional rackets. It's primarily over distribution channels for cocaine and heroin. While always being an underlying income source for LCN, its not the traditional stuff a boss of a Five Families family gets knocked off for. The Rizzuto's goldmine was drug distribution through Canadian ports operating through the Cuntera-Caruana clan. It wasn't someone trying to eliminate Rizzuto to take over as head of MTL, it was someone trying to eliminate them completely to take over the drug importation.

Actually it was someone (Montagna/Bonannos) wanting to regain control in Montreal from the rogue Rizzutos first and foremost with the drug pipelines being a nice addition. But it was primarly a take-over in order to install a new (Bonanno) regime.

I wonder what Tag would think of this. I certainly never saw this coming, I bet many mobsters in New York neither.

Interesting how this will play out. It will probably be quiet for a while. A mob war with all this heat will put all the families in a very tough spot now that they were finally catching a break. They have to thread very carefully now, but sooner or later there has to be a response. Would be absolutely crazy if more bodies will be dropping soon.

Back in the days there would be a big meeting between all the bosses but they can't afford to do that anymore, so intermediaries will be used in order to deal with this crises and find a suitable solution.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966320
03/15/19 01:32 AM
03/15/19 01:32 AM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by m2w

They are all mobsters/LCN but it is not like they are fighting over traditional rackets. It's primarily over distribution channels for cocaine and heroin. While always being an underlying income source for LCN, its not the traditional stuff a boss of a Five Families family gets knocked off for. The Rizzuto's goldmine was drug distribution through Canadian ports operating through the Cuntera-Caruana clan. It wasn't someone trying to eliminate Rizzuto to take over as head of MTL, it was someone trying to eliminate them completely to take over the drug importation.

Actually it was someone (Montagna/Bonannos) wanting to regain control in Montreal from the rogue Rizzutos first and foremost with the drug pipelines being a nice addition. But it was primarly a take-over in order to install a new (Bonanno) regime.

I wonder what Tag would think of this. I certainly never saw this coming, I bet many mobsters in New York neither.

Tag, PizzaBoy, Ivy, Skinny, Gamms, etc etc. Some quality people back in the day who havent been around!

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966321
03/15/19 02:27 AM
03/15/19 02:27 AM
Toronto
T
TheWolf Offline
Wiseguy
TheWolf  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Toronto
Originally Posted by m2w

Interesting how this will play out. It will probably be quiet for a while. A mob war with all this heat will put all the families in a very tough spot now that they were finally catching a break. They have to thread very carefully now, but sooner or later there has to be a response. Would be absolutely crazy if more bodies will be dropping soon.

Back in the days there would be a big meeting between all the bosses but they can't afford to do that anymore, so intermediaries will be used in order to deal with this crisis and find a suitable solution.

Key people in MTL were going down or being targetted prior to Sal's arrival. He did immediately insert himself into it though seeing he could capitalize on a power vacuum. It's believed by a lot that it was the Ontario clans trying to move in on MTL by supporting Di Maulo and Raynald Desjardins.

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966322
03/15/19 02:29 AM
03/15/19 02:29 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Originally Posted by m2w

Back in the days there would be a big meeting between all the bosses but they can't afford to do that anymore, so intermediaries will be used in order to deal with this crisis and find a suitable solution.

Someone said before, I think m2w, that it was a war that pit 2-3 factions vs 2-3 factions....

This idea it was one crew, I think is what a lot of us had fucked up..... all those crew leaders were looking to become thier own bosses.... much like say... DiLauros lieutenants......

The Calabrese wanted to get rid of the Rizzutos, keep thier hands clean, and supply ALL the groups, like the Rizzutos did....

The Bonnanos were one faction of a few.... zNo one crew was going to run it all anymore....

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966323
03/15/19 02:30 AM
03/15/19 02:30 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I dont think it's really mentioned much, but the Cuntreras were doing major business with many Calabrian families since at least the early to mid 90s...

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966325
03/15/19 03:28 AM
03/15/19 03:28 AM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
That's right Bensonhurst when they brought the zips in this is what they asked for.Although with Carneglia and Gotti out and Corozzo due out I don't think it is impossible these old school guys were not involved.The law sure seems to think they were capable

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Sonny_Black] #966326
03/15/19 04:15 AM
03/15/19 04:15 AM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

Here she was known as "Carmela",and she knew Cali personally.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: flamingokid123] #966328
03/15/19 06:01 AM
03/15/19 06:01 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Online content
furio_from_naples  Online Content

naples,italy
Originally Posted by flamingokid123
Nothing more than a road rage incident. Cali cuts off the driver in the truck on the expressway. The guy follows Cali to his house. The guys pulls up along side of Cali. They have a shouting match, Cali tells him to go fuck himself. Cali gets shot.

Case closed!

Im agree with flamingokid. There was no need to kill Calì and put a target on who would be the next Don.

1)The ndrangheta isnt powerful enought in the US to kill the boss of the second most powerful mob family;
2)the bonannos if want to take Montreal back have no interest to attire LE and media attention with so high profile killing;
3)Gene Gotti and Carneglia are both 70 y old and tired after long sentences and for sure doesn't want to turn back in jail while can easly made money under the sicilians;
4)if the drug shipment belong to a cartel, why kill Calì if the cartel impose to pay first for the drug and in the opposite the gambinos can repay the cartel;
5)why whack a boss if in this day with the snake death,for a first time from the 1980s there would be all 5 families bosses on the streets and can maybe rebuilt a commission for rebuilt the american mafia?

Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Strax] #966329
03/15/19 06:36 AM
03/15/19 06:36 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
I havnt been to gangster bb in years but had to revisit after seeing what happened. My personal opinion is the fact that this was done at his house right out front in broad day with Frank's wife and kids inside points to foreign hitters

Btw where the hell is pizzaboy & Carmela at a historic time like this

Last edited by southend; 03/15/19 07:20 AM.
Re: Frank Cali Shot [Re: Beenaround] #966330
03/15/19 06:56 AM
03/15/19 06:56 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
as more as we get more details it's seems more complicated

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull