GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where El Chapo could be keep for life #963976
02/14/19 12:31 PM
02/14/19 12:31 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/el-chapo-guzman-prison-adx-florence-1.5017828

This is where the U.S. could try to keep 2-time jailbreaker El Chapo locked up for life

The Alcatraz of the Rockies: 'It's worse than death'
Stephanie Hogan · CBC News · Posted: Feb 14, 2019 4:00 AM ET | Last Updated: 42 minutes ago

[Linked Image]

Drug lord Joaquin (El Chapo) Guzman was found guilty Feb. 12 of ten counts of conspiracy and drug trafficking charges in a New York court on Tuesday. (Henry Romero/Reuters)

He has broken out of two of the highest level maximum security prisons in Mexico. Helped, authorities believe, by his vast wealth and network of underlings, which were used to bribe corrupt correctional staff into aiding and abetting his escapes.

Now it's up to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons to figure out how to contain Joaquin (El Chapo) Guzman, and prevent him from throwing egg on the faces of his U.S. captors, too, by escaping one of their prisons.

People who work in the corrections field say the Bureau has likely been planning for this challenge since long before Tuesday's guilty verdict in Guzman's trial. And many of them believe that, without a doubt, the 61-year-old Guzman is heading for the Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) Florence in Colorado.

It is the highest-security penitentiary in the United States. A so-called supermax prison. Opened in 1994, it currently houses 407 prisoners. There's room for 490. It's never been full. No one has ever escaped.

People who work there call it "the Alcatraz of the Rockies."

"It's only my personal opinion, but I'll tell you, I don't know if anyone deserves to be in a place like this," said Robert Hood, who was the warden at ADX Florence from 2002 to 2005. "There's no other way to say it — it's worse than death."

Florence, Colo., is about 180 kilometres south of Denver. The prison compound is in a remote area in the shadow of the Rockies. The mountains — along with the wild animals that prowl the terrain — provide a natural and imposing extra level of security to any inmate even contemplating an escape from the facility.[b][/b]

he Supermax is one of three buildings on a two-and-a-half sq. km compound. There are six gun towers outside, and the penitentiary next door has another six. Armed guards patrol the grounds in vehicles 24 hours a day.

"It would be extremely, extraordinarily difficult to escape from," said Martin Horn, professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. "And given [Guzman's] history, I'm sure that is the great concern. They have a very deep capacity to manage prisoners like this. Both in terms of their manpower, the prison regime and physical security."

It's designed to cut off the head of the snake and he would be considered the head of the snake."

- Robert Hood, former warden, ADX Florence Supermax Prison

If Guzman is sent there, Hood said he will likely never see another inmate. He'll be isolated in his cell for 23 hours a day, with the option to go outside for one hour, by himself, in a secure area.

His cell would be about two metres by three-and-a-half metres, with concrete, sound-proof walls and a concrete door. He'd have a concrete table, a concrete stool, and a concrete bed with a thin foam mattress on it. There would be a small, narrow window. Guzman would know whether it's day or night, but he wouldn't be able to reach it to look outside.

[Linked Image]

A typical cell in the general population unit at the ADX Florence Supermax prison. (Mark Reis/Colorado Springs Gazette/Associated Press)

In what might be perceived as a luxury, Guzman would have a shower right in his cell, with the ability to take as many showers a day as he wished. But Hood said, it's there only to save guards from having to take the prisoner out of the cell and move him to another location.

One fewer reason to leave the cell, one fewer chance to attack a guard or try an escape.

Guzman would have a TV, but with only pre-approved programming. And he may be put under special orders to never see daily news. If he wanted to read a newspaper, said Hood, it would be 30 days old.
Notorious neighbours

Even though he'd be unlikely to hear their voices or see their faces, Guzman would share the facility with some pretty notorious figures: the mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Ramzi Yousef; the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing conspirator, Terry Nichols; the 2013 Boston Marathon bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev; and the Unabomber, Ted Kaczynski.

But not every prisoner there is a terrorist or mass killer or gang leader. Hood said most of the inmates there get there by killing a correctional officer or another inmate in a previous facility.

Whether Guzman gets to have visitors or talk on the phone will be decided by the Bureau of Prisons. Guzman may get Special Administrative Measures, or SAMs.

Horn said those measures might say he's not allowed visits with his wife, since she allegedly helped him escape from prison in Mexico in 2015. Or they might say no visits from his children or past associates either, because of the risk of them somehow getting information to him from the outside world. And they can go further.

"They can limit all outside contact. They can [only] allow contact that is monitored. They can read his mail, they can listen to his phone calls, they can ensure he has no-contact visits. When he enters and leaves his cell he will be shackled," Horn said.
Nothing he's ever experienced before

Hood said whatever Guzman experienced in the past in the prisons where he served time in Mexico, it was nothing like what he'd experience at ADX Florence.

"Going to the Supermax in Colorado, it's designed to not just take away your freedom and do your time. It's designed to cut off the head of the snake and he would be considered the head of the snake."

He said the minute a prisoner walks into ADX Florence, everything changes.

"They can't use people, they can't abuse people," Hood said. "They can't do a lot of stuff you can do in a normal prison. Because they are locked down all the time. And basically society has said goodbye."

Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: furio_from_naples] #963989
02/14/19 03:35 PM
02/14/19 03:35 PM
Scotland UK
Mikeybats31 Offline
Wiseguy
Mikeybats31  Offline
Wiseguy
Scotland UK
Somebody called it "a clean version of hell", its crazy 23 hour lock down and no contact with other inmates etc, even the tv is black and white for gods sake...more than enough to drive a guy insane, I get he is big time and moved more stuff than anyone...and yeah he has killed people but he is not the worst criminal I have heard of, how about his main rival Miguel Trevino Z40 who was the leader of Los Zetas and this guy is a monster, total psychopath...think he is locked up in Mexico somewhere and he is probably chilling down there with good conditions..why not bring him to ADX where he belongs, what I read about El Chapo he just seems more a good bad guy than complete animal, he should be in jail though...but think they are worried he escapes again

Ok, from now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. Frank White
Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: furio_from_naples] #963993
02/14/19 05:18 PM
02/14/19 05:18 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Free el Chapo. This is bad for my future weekend benders

Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: furio_from_naples] #963994
02/14/19 05:19 PM
02/14/19 05:19 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

El mayo drop the price. The new boss really is el mayo and not that dick el mayoface always harassing the south philly bros

Last edited by pmac; 02/14/19 05:20 PM.
Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: furio_from_naples] #964007
02/14/19 09:04 PM
02/14/19 09:04 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Sounds Like a retirement facility for a man like him.

He was worried about who the F was screwing him every day and who was going to sell him out or assasinate him.

Now he just needs to adjust and fester in routine.
How awful.

Boo Hoo, this guy is laughin his ass off, in his life....he knows he supposed to be clipped eventually.
That is the only thing we took from him.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: Mikeybats31] #964038
02/15/19 07:09 AM
02/15/19 07:09 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Mikeybats31
Somebody called it "a clean version of hell", its crazy 23 hour lock down and no contact with other inmates etc, even the tv is black and white for gods sake...more than enough to drive a guy insane, I get he is big time and moved more stuff than anyone...and yeah he has killed people but he is not the worst criminal I have heard of, how about his main rival Miguel Trevino Z40 who was the leader of Los Zetas and this guy is a monster, total psychopath...think he is locked up in Mexico somewhere and he is probably chilling down there with good conditions..why not bring him to ADX where he belongs, what I read about El Chapo he just seems more a good bad guy than complete animal, he should be in jail though...but think they are worried he escapes again

El Chapo was the boss with El Mayo so the message is "if you fuel the american streets with dope,we'lll find you and put in the worst american prison" doesn't mean if you had billions this is not Mexico. For Treviño he was transferred ftom altipiano prison from an another prison in ciudad juarez maybe he flipped facing the extradition.

Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: furio_from_naples] #986876
02/24/20 10:32 AM
02/24/20 10:32 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
WATCH: Rare footage of drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman entering prison http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...ug-lord-joaquin-el-chapo-guzman-entering

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Where El Chapo could be keep for life [Re: DuesPaid] #986884
02/24/20 04:29 PM
02/24/20 04:29 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Sounds Like a retirement facility for a man like him.

He was worried about who the F was screwing him every day and who was going to sell him out or assasinate him.

Now he just needs to adjust and fester in routine.
How awful.

Boo Hoo, this guy is laughin his ass off, in his life....he knows he supposed to be clipped eventually.
That is the only thing we took from him.

you're off your meds if you really believe this. chapo was one of the richest men the world, anything he could possibly want - broads, drugs, weapons, literally ANYTHING - on tap like the sink in our bathrooms. after living like that for so long i'm sure most of us would prefer a quick one to the back of the head instead of a lifetime of harsh imprisonment. you know the CO's aren't making his life easy in there either.

i don't feel sorry for the guy for a second but i realize that ADX is no picnic and i'd bet a ball he's not laughing in there at all.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull