GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 90 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,162
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? #963681
02/10/19 07:19 PM
02/10/19 07:19 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
In godfather 3, we see that Michael Corleone is now accepted as a legitimate businessman and he has successfully legitimized his business. He is immensely wealthy. I have always said that this was probably the goal of the early godfathers(Luciano, Gambino, Lucchese, Genovese etc.). But we never really saw a boss successfully do it to the extent of Michael. Who do you think could have made the successful transition and became a business magnate like Michael in Godfather 3?

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963708
02/10/19 09:49 PM
02/10/19 09:49 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
In godfather 3, we see that Michael Corleone is now accepted as a legitimate businessman and he has successfully legitimized his business. He is immensely wealthy. I have always said that this was probably the goal of the early godfathers(Luciano, Gambino, Lucchese, Genovese etc.). But we never really saw a boss successfully do it to the extent of Michael. Who do you think could have made the successful transition and became a business magnate like Michael in Godfather 3?

I always thought Roy Demeo could have ran a string of ligitimate car dealerships if he did not Turn Flatlands into a Human Chop Shop.

Also Wild Bill was a very good Teamster Business Agent and V.P., if he stayed out of the Street and remained only in Business levels playing Politics instead of taking up loyalties and being a Stand up Guy. He could have raised up well, rather than stand up and be put down for being such a threat to the Weak.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963711
02/10/19 10:15 PM
02/10/19 10:15 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Barney Bellomo has been pretty successful at it making sure his blood family went legitimate and successful while widely believed to still be the boss of his other 'family'. He has made a lot of his fortune from real estate and his kids all have successful legitimate jobs. If he wanted to go strictly legitimate he would still be well off.

Last edited by Michael_Giovanni; 02/10/19 10:17 PM.
Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: DuesPaid] #963714
02/10/19 11:43 PM
02/10/19 11:43 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Originally Posted by Revis_Island

I always thought Roy Demeo could have ran a string of ligitimate car dealerships if he did not Turn Flatlands into a Human Chop Shop.

Also Wild Bill was a very good Teamster Business Agent and V.P., if he stayed out of the Street and remained only in Business levels playing Politics instead of taking up loyalties and being a Stand up Guy. He could have raised up well, rather than stand up and be put down for being such a threat to the Weak.

Never knew that about DeMeo. I knew he was a good earner but I never knew how exactly.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #963715
02/10/19 11:45 PM
02/10/19 11:45 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Barney Bellomo has been pretty successful at it making sure his blood family went legitimate and successful while widely believed to still be the boss of his other 'family'. He has made a lot of his fortune from real estate and his kids all have successful legitimate jobs. If he wanted to go strictly legitimate he would still be well off.

I don’t doubt it. I feel like if Costello, Luciano, Gambino and Lucchese all kept going then I think they could’ve been like Michael in 3 as far as power, influence and wealth.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963719
02/11/19 01:29 AM
02/11/19 01:29 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Luciano not so much, look what he did after he was deported. He helps set up the heroin pipeline. But Costello on the other hand, any other boss would've had a full out war after an attempt on their life. If Anastasia would've survived, the blood bath that would've followed would probably be similar to the godfather. I believe Costello wanted to go legit more than any of them, but just couldn't shrug off his past. Look at Moe Dalitz, he did it right. In my mind he did what many sought out to do. The Italians didn't stand a chance. After Appalachian, no italian gangster was going legit if they had a past. I often wonder what would've become of Siegel of he wasn't killed. I don't think he had the brains like Dalitz.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963720
02/11/19 01:33 AM
02/11/19 01:33 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Also, Demeo was on the board of directors at a credit union. He's noted for all of the murder but the guy was one of the biggest earners the Gambino's had.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: blueracing347] #963778
02/11/19 07:23 PM
02/11/19 07:23 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by blueracing347
Luciano not so much, look what he did after he was deported. He helps set up the heroin pipeline. But Costello on the other hand, any other boss would've had a full out war after an attempt on their life. If Anastasia would've survived, the blood bath that would've followed would probably be similar to the godfather. I believe Costello wanted to go legit more than any of them, but just couldn't shrug off his past. Look at Moe Dalitz, he did it right. In my mind he did what many sought out to do. The Italians didn't stand a chance. After Appalachian, no italian gangster was going legit if they had a past. I often wonder what would've become of Siegel of he wasn't killed. I don't think he had the brains like Dalitz.

Good point about Luciano but in his defense, by the time he was deported he may have lost the motivation to go legit. I think Gambino could have, and I think Castellano was going in that direction which is why Gambino chose him.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963779
02/11/19 07:26 PM
02/11/19 07:26 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Michael had a fortune in Godfather 3 and he was giving away a fraction of it just because he could. The big thing, is that Michael eliminated his competition. If a single boss did that then maybe they would have gone down the same path.

Re: Who could’ve been the real life Michael Corleone? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #963812
02/12/19 10:17 AM
02/12/19 10:17 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline OP
Revis_Knicks  Offline OP
R
Underboss
Since Dalitz was in Vegas, I wonder if the mob pulled his strings

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull