GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (joepuzzles234, Captbony1999), 115 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,201
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bulger family files wrongful death suit #959370
12/10/18 09:45 AM
12/10/18 09:45 AM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...t-says/uBLllXJfS6G9jpk7y5akoJ/story.html

Only way I'm ok with this is if they give any money they are awarded to families of his victims.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959374
12/10/18 10:52 AM
12/10/18 10:52 AM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
I knew this lawsuit was coming, it's a smart play, if you say that an old wheelchair bound man got what he deserved then you must also say that his family deserve what then can get. They don't owe the family anything, his death was thier reward. I'm suppose to give money to the people that got on TV and gloated over my loved one's death??? Ok, the check is in the mail!

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: thebigfella] #959376
12/10/18 01:37 PM
12/10/18 01:37 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by thebigfella
I knew this lawsuit was coming, it's a smart play, if you say that an old wheelchair bound man got what he deserved then you must also say that his family deserve what then can get. They don't owe the family anything, his death was thier reward. I'm suppose to give money to the people that got on TV and gloated over my loved one's death??? Ok, the check is in the mail!

I'm agree with you bigfella but for the law Bulger was only a 89 y old in wheelchair that was, for reasons that know ony the bop, trasfered in a prison where he was killed without pity.After said that,bulger deserved to die in that way and I'm sorry that he didn't suffer more and for his family for which he was the black sheep now want to be compensated by the government? that hypocritical action.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959380
12/10/18 02:13 PM
12/10/18 02:13 PM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
Regardless of what he did, he was haphazardly and probably purposely killed. His family has every right to sue. The reason I am conflicted because while people are cheering the inmates who did it, the ones who are not obsessed with LCN do not know that one of the murderers of Whitey was a woman killer himself who strangled and chopped up an innocent 19 year old woman. That is not right either. That Freddy guy is a stand up man's man taking his life sentence like a man but he was still a murderer.

It's a sad story all around.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: WhackWhack] #959401
12/10/18 08:50 PM
12/10/18 08:50 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

I'm agree with you bigfella but for the law Bulger was only a 89 y old in wheelchair that was, for reasons that know ony the bop, trasfered in a prison where he was killed without pity

Although I think the world is better without him, I agree, you can't just leave a wheelchair bound 89 year old with a history of snitching in general population in a maximum security prison.

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Regardless of what he did, he was haphazardly and probably purposely killed. His family has every right to sue. The reason I am conflicted because while people are cheering the inmates who did it, the ones who are not obsessed with LCN do not know that one of the murderers of Whitey was a woman killer himself who strangled and chopped up an innocent 19 year old woman. That is not right either.

Agreed. Because, again, I have no sympathy for Whitey Bulger, I can't believe the guys who killed him did that because his crimes offended them, they must have done it for their own reasons.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959407
12/10/18 10:56 PM
12/10/18 10:56 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

sounds like theres alot of internet lawyers on the board. your welcome to join my firm

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: Fleming_Ave] #959417
12/11/18 09:30 AM
12/11/18 09:30 AM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

I'm agree with you bigfella but for the law Bulger was only a 89 y old in wheelchair that was, for reasons that know ony the bop, trasfered in a prison where he was killed without pity

Although I think the world is better without him, I agree, you can't just leave a wheelchair bound 89 year old with a history of snitching in general population in a maximum security prison.

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
Regardless of what he did, he was haphazardly and probably purposely killed. His family has every right to sue. The reason I am conflicted because while people are cheering the inmates who did it, the ones who are not obsessed with LCN do not know that one of the murderers of Whitey was a woman killer himself who strangled and chopped up an innocent 19 year old woman. That is not right either.

Agreed. Because, again, I have no sympathy for Whitey Bulger, I can't believe the guys who killed him did that because his crimes offended them, they must have done it for their own reasons.

I think Geas did it because 1. He hated rats (that's how he and his brother ended up with life bids) and 2. He is a King in prison now, killed one of the biggest rats in history.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959419
12/11/18 09:51 AM
12/11/18 09:51 AM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ictims/cyAjS1WP1PIe17jYphGQdL/story.html

Of all the ironies, none is richer nor more poignant than the prospect of any compensatory damages awarded to Bulger’s estate, in the event his estate prevails in the suit, going to the families of those he murdered. Such payments would be in accordance with a forfeiture judgment secured by prosecutors.

The Donahues of Dorchester will find themselves in the odd position of cheering on the Bulgers of South Boston, who now have something in common with the Donahues and some of Whitey Bulger’s other victims: the agony of having their loved one murdered as a result of government duplicity.

Many of Whitey Bulger’s victims were treated shabbily by the government, but the treatment of the Donahue family was especially egregious. Michael Donahue was collateral damage in the FBI’s cynical embrace of Whitey Bulger. In 1982, he made the innocent mistake of offering a ride home to an old neighborhood friend, Brian Halloran, who, unbeknownst to Donahue, had made the fatal mistake of shopping Bulger to the FBI.

Determined to protect Bulger as an informant, an FBI supervisor told Bulger’s FBI handler John Connolly about Halloran, Connolly told Bulger, and when Bulger opened fire outside a waterfront bar the bullets meant for Brian Halloran killed Michael Donahue, too, leaving Patricia Donahue a widow and her sons Michael, Shawn, and Tommy fatherless.

Like many other victims of Bulger’s violence and the FBI’s obsequiousness, the Donahues fought for justice for years. Two judges ordered the Justice Department to settle with the family, saying the FBI was responsible for Michael Donahue’s murder. But rather than allow the family to collect the $6 million initially awarded to them, the Justice Department spent untold resources appealing the judgment, before finally getting lucky in 2011 with a 2-1 decision by the US Court of Appeals that found the Donahues waited too long to file their appeal. The two judges who ruled against the Donahues actually had the temerity to suggest the family, lied to by their own government, should have read the newspapers more closely.

Patricia Donahue hopes the Bulger family gets the truth, which is a lot more than her family got all those years.

“It’s not even the money, so much as now the Bulgers will go through the same thing we did,” she said. “I hope they get some money, and I hope it goes to the victims. Then my kids can give their kids the things I couldn’t.”

Her son Tommy doubts the Bulger family will prevail and doesn’t want the money if they do.

“I don’t care anymore,” he said. “If the Bulgers get anything, give it to my mother. Getting dragged through the courts all those years, once Whitey was dead, it was over for me. I’m done. I’m just done.”

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959420
12/11/18 10:12 AM
12/11/18 10:12 AM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
just to show cullens credentials for being a voice of reason...here is one quick article, there are plenty of more fables this 'irish' shit bag told , i say 'irish' cuz one of his fables is hes off in ireland and fines a long lost cousin in pub, hes such a typical lefty globe phoney douchebag, during the bombing, he claimed his great friend was a firefighter on scene, the firefighter said like he met him once..piece of swill this cullen is..for those not folloiwing, cullen is the writer in the post from mike above

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/16/us/kevin-cullen-boston-globe-suspended.html

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959425
12/11/18 01:03 PM
12/11/18 01:03 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Gerry callahan n howie carr rip cullen everyday pn the radio. He lied about abunch of shit a the marathon bombing. Hes a fraud someone still has a job

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: Biggie] #959426
12/11/18 01:37 PM
12/11/18 01:37 PM
M
mike68 Offline OP
Underboss
mike68  Offline OP
M
Underboss
Agreed 100% on Cullen. He's lucky to have a job. He made up a lot of shit. That being said, he obviously can't screw up again and he has written on the Boston mafia for close to 30 years I think.

Ironic that a fraud is writing about a couple of other frauds in the FBI and Bulger.

Last edited by mike68; 12/11/18 01:39 PM.
Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959446
12/11/18 10:19 PM
12/11/18 10:19 PM
Yonkers, NY
Yonkers Offline
Button
Yonkers  Offline
Button
Yonkers, NY
I guess now we will find out the details of the murder in court....Unless they settle, which if this is a cover-up, that's exactly what the government would do.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959626
12/15/18 09:47 AM
12/15/18 09:47 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
It's sickening how people cheer upon one person's death and then feel sorry for another. I have no doubt, Bulger was who he was and he did what he did. But to preach upon his death? He was already old and in a wheelchair, I doubt he cared any more about living further on. So this more was a favor done to him to go out easy, not stay there locked up until he dies of age or some illness where he has to spend time paralyzed on bed.

And if ask me, the guys who killed him are not smart either. How retarded you need to be to kill someone and get more years, for a person who already is going to die anytime soon. I'll laugh if these low-IQ dumbasses gets more than 10 years, cause I doubt Bulger would live more than that.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: ThePolakVet] #959642
12/15/18 04:57 PM
12/15/18 04:57 PM
S
Slimshady Offline
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline
S
Made Member
From what i know, the guys who killed Bulger already r doin life sentences. And if u ask me, Bulger had it commin. He killed a lot of people, inluding women, and ratted on a lot of people.

Re: Bulger family files wrongful death suit [Re: mike68] #959697
12/16/18 03:02 PM
12/16/18 03:02 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Seems like his family are assholes too. Bulger was a serial killer, rapist and a snitch. They act like he just supposed to go through life causing all kinda harm to people and get away with it

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull