GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 115 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,856
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cleveland 2018 #959309
12/09/18 10:31 AM
12/09/18 10:31 AM
Luxurydog Offline OP
Button
Luxurydog  Offline OP
Button
I'm looking over wikipedia (i know)
It says the Ohio Mob is trying to rebuild and has something around 75 members in total (Inducted guys and Associates) and I was wondering if any board members know about any activity in Cleveland? 75 criminals is 75 criminals doing crime and making at least some money. Are the remaining guys even Cosa Nostra or just italian criminals roleplaying Cosa Nostra?

I thought Cleveland Mafia was inactive/defunct so if there is anything resembling a viable "family" there, I would greatly appreciate any updated charts on them.

Thanks!

"No one's ever gonna kill me, they wouldn't dare." - Carmine Galante

In the mob, you're either at the dinner table, or on the menu.
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959311
12/09/18 11:03 AM
12/09/18 11:03 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Luxurydog
I'm looking over wikipedia (i know)
It says the Ohio Mob is trying to rebuild and has something around 75 members in total (Inducted guys and Associates) and I was wondering if any board members know about any activity in Cleveland? 75 criminals is 75 criminals doing crime and making at least some money. Are the remaining guys even Cosa Nostra or just italian criminals roleplaying Cosa Nostra?

I thought Cleveland Mafia was inactive/defunct so if there is anything resembling a viable "family" there, I would greatly appreciate any updated charts on them.

Thanks!

.Don't make my same mistakes! Wikipedia isnt a reliable source;in Cleveland there are 3 made men left and was all in their 70s,for sure there are criminals with italian surnames but the Cleveland family died in the 1980s after Lonardo that was the acting boss and Carmen Zagaria an associate that run a 15 milion a year drug ring both flipped.

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: furio_from_naples] #959313
12/09/18 11:25 AM
12/09/18 11:25 AM
Luxurydog Offline OP
Button
Luxurydog  Offline OP
Button
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

.Don't make my same mistakes! Wikipedia isnt a reliable source;in Cleveland there are 3 made men left and was all in their 70s,for sure there are criminals with italian surnames but the Cleveland family died in the 1980s after Lonardo that was the acting boss and Carmen Zagaria an associate that run a 15 milion a year drug ring both flipped.

I know I know, I once read a mafia wiki site that claimed Chicago had thousands of made men scattered around the world haha, I was just wondering if there was something to it. Thank you for a great informative response, didn't know they went instinct as early as the 80s, do you have any idea how many members they had in their prime?

Do you think the Cleveland mob bombed as much as they did to make it seem like they were this big and dangerous Mafia Clan? The mob had alot of fear and respect back in the day and I tvink many of thd smaller families lived on the reputation of the NY families

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959315
12/09/18 12:35 PM
12/09/18 12:35 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
It's weird that people actually want to believe a certain criminal organization still exists. That is a strange fascination. There's a lot of great things from the past to wish for. Civility among adults. Job security. A solvent pension system. But there are some people who are like, "I want a couple of guys with faces made of rubber in fedora hats to walk into my business and demand 10% each week!"

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959316
12/09/18 01:10 PM
12/09/18 01:10 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

I know I know, I once read a mafia wiki site that claimed Chicago had thousands of made men scattered around the world haha, I was just wondering if there was something to it. Thank you for a great informative response, didn't know they went instinct as early as the 80s, do you have any idea how many members they had in their prime?

Do you think the Cleveland mob bombed as much as they did to make it seem like they were this big and dangerous Mafia Clan? The mob had alot of fear and respect back in the day and I tvink many of thd smaller families lived on the reputation of the NY families

The Cleveland mob had at their peak in the 1960s about 60 made men under John Scalish that was boss from 1944 to 1976 that closed the book and dont made new blood so when the war with Greene began after his dead the family members was very old and lost many men so when Lonardo and Zagaria flipped the family was just weak plus joey gallo the family underboss was recorded speaking on the family operations and many members was nailed at the end in the 1989 put a freezer on made new members.

The bombing method,it was only a Cleveland method because the other families prefer the guns because that are more effective and discreet than a car bomb (Ilario Zannini from Boston said that the italians don't use car bombs like the crazy irishmen) Cleveland was called Bombscity or something in the 1970s.

I dont agree with you. Many small city families like philly under scarfo,the outfit or the patriarcas in the last 1980s early was very cruel and feared without the NY help. Toodoped post a list of chicago killings on the 1970s and was almost 100 names.

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959333
12/09/18 05:09 PM
12/09/18 05:09 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Cleveland is as dead as MC Hammer's career.

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: furio_from_naples] #959335
12/09/18 05:35 PM
12/09/18 05:35 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC

The Cleveland mob had at their peak in the 1960s about 60 made men under John Scalish that was boss from 1944 to 1976 that closed the book and dont made new blood so when the war with Greene began after his dead the family members was very old and lost many men so when Lonardo and Zagaria flipped the family was just weak plus joey gallo the family underboss was recorded speaking on the family operations and many members was nailed at the end in the 1989 put a freezer on made new members.

The bombing method,it was only a Cleveland method because the other families prefer the guns because that are more effective and discreet than a car bomb (Ilario Zannini from Boston said that the italians don't use car bombs like the crazy irishmen) Cleveland was called Bombscity or something in the 1970s.

I dont agree with you. Many small city families like philly under scarfo,the outfit or the patriarcas in the last 1980s early was very cruel and feared without the NY help. Toodoped post a list of chicago killings on the 1970s and was almost 100 names.

Bombs were outlawed by the commission

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: furio_from_naples] #959349
12/09/18 08:44 PM
12/09/18 08:44 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

The chicago metropolitan area has over 700k Italians in it. There ain't anything small about that

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959352
12/09/18 09:09 PM
12/09/18 09:09 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

dozen guys thanking giving night. some guys named wish,bizzy,lazy few others. they used to hang around e.1999 smile

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #959356
12/09/18 09:33 PM
12/09/18 09:33 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I keep forgetting about Bone Thugs. Cleveland had a mafia family and a famous rap group. That officially puts them on the map.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: furio_from_naples] #959365
12/10/18 02:02 AM
12/10/18 02:02 AM
Luxurydog Offline OP
Button
Luxurydog  Offline OP
Button

Outfit and Philly weren't too small if you ask me, i was thinking more like Milwuakee, Boston, Detroit etc.
Of course they've had their killings but there aren't too much violence going on there, but the people they are dealing with I think fear the Mafia brand more than the organization itself.. But it's just a theory I really have no clue

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #989742
04/20/20 07:30 PM
04/20/20 07:30 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Cleveland Mob Boss passes away, lots of additional information about Cleveland Mob outside of Licavoli in the article, stuff that I never knew.

https://aboutthemafia.com/joseph-joe-loose-iacobucci-dead

It claims 15 made members.

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 04/20/20 07:36 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #989751
04/20/20 11:44 PM
04/20/20 11:44 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Anyone know if frank sinito is involved?

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Moscone65] #989753
04/21/20 09:15 AM
04/21/20 09:15 AM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
The only stuff I knew about Cleveland area, was the war with Danny Greene, and that Dino was from Steubenville lol.

More info would be awesome!!

Last edited by MolochioInduced; 04/21/20 12:30 PM.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Moscone65] #989761
04/21/20 12:26 PM
04/21/20 12:26 PM
G
Galassi70 Offline
Button
Galassi70  Offline
G
Button
Frank Sinito is a successful legitimate property land developer in Cleveland. His father in his own right
Was a very astute business man as he bought alot of land
In SE Cuyahoga County

Most of the sons of Clevelands rank and file from the 70s
Stayed on the straight and narrow

As far as Joe Loose goes he was one of the last surviving
Members of the Collinwood crew
Allie Calabrese was killed on orders from Iaccobaci.
John Delzoppo passed away. Eugene Ciasillo is gone
Phil Christopher is around but he was never made
Paul Wisenbach is alive but he didn't come along till later

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #989778
04/21/20 04:56 PM
04/21/20 04:56 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
curious what if any connection gotti's ex son in law carmine agnello had to cleveland OC at time of arrest in 2015 "operation goodfella".
in one article it stated that investigators could find no proof of agnello sending money back to gambino family in NY.
that scenario makes sense considering agnello's divorce from gotti's daughter victoria. but it is alleged that agnello was "made" and i am unsure what crew or capo he worked under.
articles on line also do not state who if anyone he was working w/or for in cleveland.
so was agnello working for gambinos,cleveland or out on his own???

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #989789
04/21/20 06:13 PM
04/21/20 06:13 PM
G
Galassi70 Offline
Button
Galassi70  Offline
G
Button
I'm gonna guess Agnello is happy running Eagle Auto Parts
In Cleveland. He got caught weighing down cars with sand
And somehow got a really light sentence
Probation and a fine if I recall
Maybe Agnello makes enough $$$$ where he doesn't need
To be involved in the grind and stress of traditional OC rackets
On the other hand if Agnello wanted to plant his flag
And proclaim himself boss of whatever in Cleveland who's to stop him.?
Does Cleveland even matter anymore. To the Genoveses?

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #989801
04/21/20 07:34 PM
04/21/20 07:34 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
i would agree cleveland like many past mafia controlled cities no longer matters and had ceased to have a functioning family for decades.
agnello would never be described as a heavy and if he was made owes it only to his past marriage to gotti's daughter.
only brought it up because its the only mafia related arrest in the cleveland area in past 5 yrs proving even more that the family is gone.

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #992338
06/05/20 07:27 AM
06/05/20 07:27 AM
GangstersInc Offline
Underboss
GangstersInc  Offline
Underboss
The Rise of Mafia Boss Joe “Loose” Iacobacci: The California Swing http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profil...joe-loose-iacobacci-the-california-swing

The best website about global organized crime & the Mafia: http://www.gangstersinc.org - Since 2001 - Want to write for us? Drop me a DM/mail!
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Galassi70] #992481
06/07/20 11:00 AM
06/07/20 11:00 AM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Galassi70

Pay attention "Kids", this guy knows what he's talkin' about.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Galassi70] #992484
06/07/20 01:34 PM
06/07/20 01:34 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Galassi70

To the criminals with italian Suriname that still have rackets in Cleveland.

Re: Cleveland 2018 [Re: Luxurydog] #992485
06/07/20 01:50 PM
06/07/20 01:50 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
I never thought of it that way but I'll bet you're right.

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull