GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, Scalish), 136 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956923
11/01/18 12:59 AM
11/01/18 12:59 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Whitey had the most unbelievable life it was like a movie, the ending was like a movie script.He goes to Alcatraz for bank robbery while there the government experiments on him with LSD.He then becomes head of a local gang goes to war and becomes the King of the city.He then becomes an fbi informer then goes on the run for 14 years and is caught as an old man.Spends 5 years in Jail then on a quick transfer is savagely murdered.If this guy never existed and this was a movie people would think how unrealistic is this movie lol.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: Moe_Tilden] #956924
11/01/18 01:21 AM
11/01/18 01:21 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by southend
How the fuck any of you on here saying you feel sorry about this piece of shits demise truly amazes me. This guy was the worst of the worst without having to go into why because we all know Whitey Bulger. This is the best ending we could've asked for.

I don't think he deserved to be sadistically tortured. I don't think anybody does. It's what separates us from animals.

No. Sadistic torture doesn't separate us from animals, it's the other way around. Sadistic torture is what separates animals from us.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956932
11/01/18 07:17 AM
11/01/18 07:17 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

i just thought of this. if the feds charge these guys with whiteys murder and do the whole death penalty thing are they gonna say whitey was killed because he was a long time fbi snitch. because if its that the death penalty is there otherwise i think its just state murder 1. i heard whiteys phone calls on the news years back between him and someone he swore up and down he wasnt a snitch but bought infomation. well will have a interesting trial woooo

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956934
11/01/18 07:32 AM
11/01/18 07:32 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

what im trying to say is if the feds claim whitey was a fbi snitch dont they 100 percent have to arrest his killers and charge them with the max

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: ChrissyScars] #956935
11/01/18 08:24 AM
11/01/18 08:24 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Yeah I have a hard time believing that A, any of the bartenders or regulars would be able to recognize Whitey and B, that none of these guys thought it would be worth the million bucks in reward money to alert the feds to this.

not saying you're lying merlino it just seems highly unlikely.

Yea no joke, it was actually $2 million in reward money if I remember correctly. I have a hard time believing nobody would turn him in (non Boston folks at that) for life changing money.

Originally Posted by ChrissyScars
Giacomo, anywhere we can see those pictures?

I highly doubt there was any truth in what he posted so don't get excited over those pics.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956942
11/01/18 10:32 AM
11/01/18 10:32 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

The pictures will come out in trial. Geas will want a trial cause its making him a folk hero in massachusetts like he did the will of god. I could give 2 wet shits. Its interesting. The lcn from all around the country should pay for this guys kids college tuition for all the good publicity the mafia getting like dont ever cross the mob or snitch they never forget. They can get you in any jail. Which is all bullshit but geas and his goons caught the feds slipping putting there rat in a cage with them. Lawsuit coming.

Last edited by pmac; 11/01/18 10:32 AM.
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956943
11/01/18 10:34 AM
11/01/18 10:34 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

3 murders in last 6month. I no there was a riot in sc state prison that killed like 8. Thats a bad prison. I always thought leavenworth was the worst. Read a book hell house or hot house that place was nuts in 80tys

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956944
11/01/18 10:36 AM
11/01/18 10:36 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

3 murders in last 6month. I no there was a riot in sc state prison that killed like 8. Thats a bad prison. I always thought leavenworth was the worst. Read a book hell house or hot house that place was nuts in 80tys

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956951
11/01/18 12:02 PM
11/01/18 12:02 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo

Old Mass. grudge may have been factor in Bulger’s slaying

By Kevin Cullen and Shelley Murphy. November 01, 2018

When James “Whitey” Bulger, the infamous octogenarian Boston gangster, arrived at his new prison digs in West Virginia on Monday, he was probably tired from his long trip from a transit stop in Oklahoma, but he wouldn’t necessarily have been nervous.

It’s unclear whether US Bureau of Prisons officials who made the decision to transfer Bulger to the US Penitentiary Hazelton and place him in the prison’s general population, despite a recent spate of violence there and complaints of chronic understaffing, were aware that Bulger should have been concerned.

Lurking in those cell blocks were at least two organized crime figures from Massachusetts, one of whom, Fotios “Freddy” Geas, had a particular reason to dislike Bulger.

As the Globe reported Tuesday, Geas is one of the suspects whom authorities believe beat Bulger to death at the prison in Bruceton Mills, W.Va., on Tuesday morning, less than 24 hours after his arrival at the prison.

People who know Geas say he hated informants and, as a longtime informant for the FBI, Bulger would have earned his animus. But the animus may have been more personal: Geas, according to his former lawyer, believed that Bulger had helped frame one of his friends for murder.

Because Bureau of Prisons officials have refused to answer questions about Bulger’s murder, it remains unclear why the presence in Hazelton’s general population of Geas and at least one other Massachusetts organized crime figure, Paul Weadick, didn’t set off alarm bells that this was not a safe place for the elderly hood. Two months ago, Weadick and former New England Mafia boss Francis “Cadillac Frank” Salemme were sentenced in US District Court in Boston to life in prison for the 1993 murder of a South Boston nightclub owner. Weadick’s lawyer said Wednesday he is not a suspect in Bulger’s death.

Salemme hates Bulger and testified against Bulger’s corrupt FBI handler, John Connolly, who is serving a 40-year sentence for helping Bulger commit a murder.

Law enforcement sources say the possibility that Salemme might be sent to the Florida prison where Bulger had been held for about four years was among the myriad reasons Bulger was transferred out to Hazelton. Those sources said there was another factor behind the transfer: a series of incidents at the US Penitentiary Coleman II in Sumterville, Fla., culminating with a verbal exchange with a prison staff member who considered it threatening.

Those same law enforcement sources couldn’t explain why Bulger, who at 89 was in failing health and used a wheelchair, was not initially placed in isolation when he arrived at Hazelton, so prison officials could assess whether any of the other 1,277 inmates being held there posed a threat to him.

In a statement, Bulger’s former lawyer J.W. Carney Jr. blamed the Bureau of Prisons for Bulger receiving what amounted to “the death penalty.”

Geas had layers of possible motives to go after Bulger, if he did.

He was friendly with and served time at a Massachusetts prison with Frederick Weichel, who spent 36 years in prison for a murder he says he didn’t commit. Weichel had long maintained that Bulger had helped frame him and had been reluctant to provide information that could help prove his innocence in the 1980 murder of Robert LaMonica in Braintree.

After years of refusing to help, and after his 2011 capture after spending 16 years on the run, Bulger finally supplied a series of letters to Weichel’s lawyers in 2013 that suggested another man killed LaMonica. However, Bulger refused to sign an affidavit or testify on Weichel’s behalf, as Weichel and his defense team had repeatedly requested.

Last year, after Weichel was released and a judge ordered a new trial in his case, prosecutors said they would not retry him for the murder. In an interview Wednesday, Weichel confirmed that he and Geas were friends. Weichel said he doesn’t think he talked to Geas about Bulger during their time together at the state prison in Shirley, but added, “I think everybody in the world knew that Whitey screwed me.”

Weichel said he was surprised that Bulger was moved to the same prison as Geas and Weadick.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a setup,” he said. “That’s a lot of coincidences there. I don’t believe in coincidences.”

Daniel D. Kelly, a Springfield lawyer who represented Geas and remains friendly with him, said Geas talked repeatedly about what he considered a miscarriage of justice in Weichel’s case.

“He referenced that [Weichel] was framed,” said Kelly.

Kelly said he had no idea whether Geas was involved in Bulger’s murder, but said the Globe report citing law enforcement officials saying that Geas wouldn’t identify the other person who helped in the attack on Bulger rang true.

“Freddie [Geas] was a standup guy, the last of the Mohicans,” said Kelly.

Geas is serving a life sentence for two murders, including the 2003 assassination of Adolfo “Big Al” Bruno, who led the Mafia in Springfield. Geas was ordered to arrange the assassination by Anthony Arillotta, the ambitious Mafia soldier who wanted to replace Bruno. Kelly said that even after Arillotta and the shooter agreed to testify against Geas, Geas refused an offer to cooperate that would reduce his sentence.

“He turned it down in two seconds flat,” said Kelly.

Attorney Mark W. Shea, who represents Weadick, said Weadick was not a suspect in Bulger’s murder. Shea thought it was “strange” that Weadick and Bulger both ended up at Hazelton within days of each other.

Shea said Weadick is appealing his conviction and had no motive to kill Bulger. Shea viewed Bulger’s slaying as “a despondent act of someone with nothing left to lose, and that’s not how I view Paul Weadick.”

In the first five years of a life sentence that Bulger had spent in federal prisons since his 2013 conviction for a litany of crimes including 11 murders, he apparently had little to fear.

He had been treated more as a celebrity than a pariah. Aside from an incident in 2014 at the US Penitentiary Tucson, where he received a minor scratch on his head when another inmate attacked him in his cell, Bulger appeared to have been left alone by other inmates, most of whom would rather pose for pictures with him than hurt him.

That did not stop Bulger from getting in trouble repeatedly. He was transferred from Arizona to Florida after he engaged in an inappropriate relationship with a prison psychologist. In 2015, he was placed in solitary confinement after prison officials accused him of masturbating in his cell, which is forbidden under prison rules.

No one is tracking the dark news from Hazelton more closely than Bulger’s victims.

Victor Davis, whose 26-year-old sister, Debra, was murdered, allegedly by Bulger and his sidekick Stephen Flemmi, said he took no solace in Bulger’s murder.

“I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but I think with the government and this case anything is possible,” he said. “But in this case, I think it was just a guy who wanted to be known as the guy who killed Whitey Bulger.”

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956952
11/01/18 12:09 PM
11/01/18 12:09 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

In his late 80s and still able to get it up. Wow, I'm impressed.

And I thought masturbating is the only thing you can do when you're stuck in a cell 23 hours a day? If I was denied the right to jack it I would protest it as a flagrant human rights violation.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956953
11/01/18 12:59 PM
11/01/18 12:59 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
James ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s slaying is talk of small W.Va. town near prison where he was killed

The Boston Globe · by Maria Cramer - Reporter · October 31, 2018

BRUCETON MILLS, W.Va. — Gabrielle Hanks was driving into town with her son Tuesday morning when she saw an ambulance heading toward the federal penitentiary, its sirens off but lights flashing.

“I told my son, ‘Something happened at the prison,’ ” Hanks said.

At the Mill Place Restaurant, the cook burst into the kitchen with the gruesome tidings: The country’s most famous geriatric gangster had been offed a 10-minute drive away.

They were talking about it at the Family Dollar store and at the flower shop: James “Whitey” Bulger, the gangster whose story they know from films and television, was beaten to death at the federal prison nearby.

“We didn’t know he was even there — didn’t have a clue,” said Sue Wolfe, the owner of Country Stems & Petals Floral, in the postage-stamp-sized downtown about seven miles away from US Penitentiary Hazelton, where Bulger was found dead Tuesday morning.

The tale of Bulger has always been a sordid story about Boston, with an intermission in California, where he lived an old man’s life on the lam. But Tuesday, the saga came to an end in an unexpected place: Bruceton Mills, W.Va., shocking a tiny town tucked next to the Cheat River.

“This guy, he’s taken other people’s lives. He didn’t belong here. He just didn’t belong here,” said Hanks, the manager of Pine Run Service Center, a gas and food depot, a quarter-mile from the facility. “They made sure of that.”

The cashier at Pine Run, Tyler Imes, said she spoke with a guard whose roommate, another officer, had seen Bulger’s body.

“He said they did a real number on him,” said Imes, 23. The guard told her Bulger had only been in the facility for 11 hours before he was killed.

On Wednesday, the road leading toward the Federal Correctional Complex was blocked off with barricades, and a group of at least seven officers, most wearing bulletproof vests and snug black beanies, stood guard. The complex is just off the highway, across from a hotel whose guests mostly come on the weekends, during visiting hours at the prison.

The officers at the penitentiary call the prison “Misery Mountain,” said John Driscoll, a retired 68-year-old produce warehouse manager who now works at Pine Run.

“They’re very understaffed,” Driscoll said. “I’ve heard a couple guards say they’re working too many hours of overtime.”

The depot is popular with the correction officers who come in during shift changes. At lunchtime, it’s typically bustling with guards snacking on pizza, potato soup, and cheeseburgers. But the place was unusually quiet Wednesday.

Guards who wanted to put in a food order had called Wednesday night and asked Imes, the cashier, if any reporters were nosing around the place, asking questions. She told them yes, and the officers steered clear.

Imes, who is originally from Wisconsin, said the area around the prison is quiet, a place for hunting and riding four-wheelers.

“This is a real simple place,” agreed Hanks, who moved to the area three-and-a-half years ago from Virginia. “People here are good people. If you break down at the side of the road, within 10 minutes someone is going to pull over to help you. They’ll go out of their way to help you.”

The killing was a front-page story in The Dominion Post — “Infamous Gangster Killed at Hazelton” — along with an article about a man who admitted to strangling a 13-year-old cat. The paper was folded neatly on the counter at The Mill Place Restaurant in Bruceton Mills.

“We were like, of course Hazelton gets put in the paper for something like this,” said Amber Friend, 36, a waitress there.

Bruceton Mills and the Hazelton prison are closely intertwined, and prison guards come downtown for haircuts or drinks at a smoky bar with a single pool table called the Post Office Lounge. The prison is a source of jobs in the area, along with places like Allegheny Wood Products, the area’s farms, and mining.

It can also be a source of unease, with headlines about killings — there were already two this year at the prison, before Bulger — and complaints over staffing shortages.

“We’ve been reading about how they’re short on staff, but I didn’t realize they were that short,” Friend said. Still, she added, her cousin works there and likes it: “He knew that he was helping out by being there, watching, protecting.”

Others around town were processing how close they had been to what happened.

Rick Liller, 62, a Jehovah’s Witness who runs a maintenance business, said he had been inside the maximum-security part of the prison Tuesday morning, where he was leading a group of prisoners in a session about “being courageous in a world that has basically gone crazy.”

“I went in there as usual to conduct my group,” Liller said, before a prison chaplain interrupted the session about 15 minutes in. “He says we have to pack it up, everything’s going on lock-down.”

At the time, Liller said, he was told the lock-down was happening because two inmates were found somewhere they were not supposed to be. It was only later that his wife, Rebecca, called to tell him a mobster had been killed in the prison.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956954
11/01/18 01:02 PM
11/01/18 01:02 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
James ‘Whitey’ Bulger’s fatal beating: ‘He was unrecognizable’

The inmates who killed James “Whitey” Bulger, Boston’s notorious crime boss, deliberately moved out of view of surveillance cameras in a West Virginia prison before pummeling him with a padlock that was stuffed inside a sock, law enforcement officials said Wednesday, as investigations began into how such a murder could have taken place in a supposedly secure facility.

Despite the attackers’ efforts to hide, officials said, cameras caught video images of at least two inmates rolling Bulger, 89, who was in a wheelchair, into a corner where the attack took place. Bulger was bleeding profusely when he was found by prison authorities at 8:20 Tuesday morning. Guards immediately undertook lifesaving measures, officials said, but he was pronounced dead.

A prison official identified one of the suspects as Fotios “Freddy” Geas, 51, a Mafia hit man from West Springfield, Massachusetts. He is serving a life sentence at the Hazelton penitentiary in West Virginia for the 2003 killing of the leader of the Genovese crime family in Springfield.

Daniel Kelly, who has represented Geas for many years, said in an interview that he had no idea whether his client was involved in killing Bulger, who was an informant for the FBI, a relationship he manipulated as a cover while he betrayed and murdered rival gang members.

But Kelly did say that Geas “has a particular distaste for cooperators.” Kelly said Geas’ feelings about informants were so strong that when he was given a chance to avoid a life sentence by cooperating with authorities, he did not take it.

Bulger’s death, within hours of his arrival at the prison, raised numerous questions. Bulger, a longtime federal informer and a prolific killer over several decades, knew many who would want him dead. But how was he left vulnerable to a beating so forceful that it displaced his eyeballs?

“I’m not surprised that he got hit; I’m surprised that they let him get hit,” said Ed Davis, the former Boston police commissioner.

Bulger’s eyes appeared to have been dislodged from his head, although it was unclear whether his attackers gouged them out or if they were knocked out because he was beaten so severely in the attack. This information was relayed by a senior law enforcement official who oversees organized crime cases but is not involved in the investigation into Bulger’s death, and who said he had learned it from a federal official.

“They apparently tuned him up to the point where he was unrecognizable,” he said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case.

Officials said the beating was carried out at least in part with a padlock-stuffed sock, a not uncommon method that inmates use to attack one another.

At least two inmates were quickly sent to solitary confinement after Bulger was found, according to three employees of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, who requested anonymity because the investigation was not public. Geas was among those sent to solitary, according to prison documents obtained by The New York Times.

Davis, the former police commissioner, said he was baffled that the prison had not done more to keep Bulger “away from a convicted organized crime hit man from Massachusetts.”

The U.S. attorney’s office in West Virginia said Wednesday that it and the FBI were investigating Bulger’s death as a homicide. It had no further comment.

Bulger was serving two life terms in prison for his role in 11 murders committed when he controlled the Boston underworld over several decades.

He was killed after being in Hazelton for less than 12 hours, after he was transferred from another facility. By then, he had already established a record of troubling activity in other prisons.

At the Coleman prison complex in Florida in September 2014, he was disciplined multiple times, including once for masturbating in front of a male staff member and once, in February, for threatening a female medical staff member, according to the prison documents.

In February, Bulger told the female staff member that her day of reckoning was coming, according to a prison official with knowledge of the event. Bulger was sent to solitary confinement as a result and remained there until October when he was transferred to a facility in Oklahoma, according to the documents. On October 29, he was transferred to Hazelton.

Documents indicated he was transferred to Hazelton because he had completed medical treatment, not for disciplinary reasons.

But Bulger was said to be in questionable health. He was in a wheelchair for several years, according to Henry Brennan, one of his lawyers.

“He could stand up by himself, but he could not walk,” Brennan said in an interview Wednesday. “He was looking forward to getting out of solitary confinement to try to teach himself how to walk again.”

Brennan said Bulger damaged his hip during his two years of pretrial incarceration in solitary confinement.

“He was continuously falling off the bed and injuring his hip,” Brennan said, adding that his inability to exercise also contributed to several health problems.

In his younger years, Bulger was a fitness fanatic who obsessed over taking care of his body and keeping in top physical condition.

Many in Boston, particularly in Bulger’s old stomping grounds in South Boston, were relieved at the news that the long, deadly saga of Bulger finally appeared over.

An 85-year-old man named Ed, who did not want to give his last name because he said he knew one of Bulger’s brothers and did not want to alienate him, spoke for many when he said Bulger’s death represented a kind of justice.

“I hate to be morbid, but knowing the way of person he was, it’s probably a long time coming, seeing that he was responsible for so many other families’ and people’s misery over the years,” he said as he walked around Boston Harbor’s Castle Island, where Bulger frequently strolled with his associates.

“There’s an old saying, ‘What goes around comes around,’” he added.

Many of the families of Bulger’s victims did not hide their glee.

“All I really wanted to do was get that Champagne bottle and pop that cork,” said Patricia Donahue, whose husband, Michael Donahue, was killed in a shooting linked to Bulger in 1982. Michael Donahue was giving a ride to his neighbor, Edward “Brian” Halloran, an FBI informant who had implicated Bulger in a murder, when he was killed in a spray of bullets intended for Halloran.

“It’s been a long time waiting,” Patricia Donahue said. “Now my family can relax a little bit, now that we don’t have to worry about hearing his name all the time.”

Steven Davis, the brother of Debra Davis — whom Bulger was said by his former associate, Stephen “The Rifleman” Flemmi, to have strangled to death in 1981 — also said he was pleased.

For one thing, he said, Bulger’s killing would provide a suitable ending to a nonfiction miniseries that he and Donahue are helping to develop, based on the transcripts of Bulger’s trial.

“He died the way I hoped he always was going to die,” Davis said.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956956
11/01/18 01:57 PM
11/01/18 01:57 PM
J
JW24 Offline
Wiseguy
JW24  Offline
J
Wiseguy
For those interested in the backstory and would like some excellent book recommendations that discusses Bulger:

Deadly Alliance (Ralph Ranalli)

Attached Files 51O-oR6BZ9L._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956957
11/01/18 02:01 PM
11/01/18 02:01 PM
J
JW24 Offline
Wiseguy
JW24  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Two other EXCELLENT BOOKs both by Howie Carr
Rifleman and Hitman

Attached Files 51QZj1u2+nL._AC_US218_.jpg71xZC6HkzML._AC_SR218,200_SX200_SY200_.jpg
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956962
11/01/18 03:43 PM
11/01/18 03:43 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
Now, let's look at this fro a different angle . They said when they captured whitey and Catherine, they had 30 weapons stashed and 800,000 cash, my question is this, did whitey still have people that was loyal to him in the streets??? How did he sustain his lifestyle on the run?

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956967
11/01/18 04:44 PM
11/01/18 04:44 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

deally alliance great book

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956969
11/01/18 06:03 PM
11/01/18 06:03 PM
C
Ciment Online content
Ciment  Online Content
C

G-Men and Gangsters by Dominic Spinale is another great book on Whitey Bulger.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: Holyoke] #956970
11/01/18 06:15 PM
11/01/18 06:15 PM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
Originally Posted by Holyoke
I've said it before but Freddy & Ty were the real deal. I grew up 5 minutes from them and now in West Virginia working not too far from that prison.

From Springfield Ma to West Virginia....on purpose???

"Whackin' the boss....another thing I get left out of."
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: pmac] #956971
11/01/18 06:40 PM
11/01/18 06:40 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac

Hot House was a great book. A little tidbit, the prisoners killed in the Hot House book were from DC, and the two other prisoners killed in the West Virginia prison were from DC. I didn't realize until I read Hot House DC prisoners go to the Feds.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: thebigfella] #956973
11/01/18 06:45 PM
11/01/18 06:45 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by thebigfella
Now, let's look at this fro a different angle . They said when they captured whitey and Catherine, they had 30 weapons stashed and 800,000 cash, my question is this, did whitey still have people that was loyal to him in the streets??? How did he sustain his lifestyle on the run?

Someone else who knows more can chime in here with more info, but I think he had a few hideouts setup around the country before he went on the lam. So, he had probably saved up some cash before he split. Then, he probably had to live super frugally to not cause attention to himself.

So, he probably wasnt spending more than a g or two a month for rent and food. He probably split with like 1.5 to 2 million and was down to 800k after 20 years. Like a gangster 401k he had cashed out his money and as living off of his career’s earnings. Lol.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956974
11/01/18 06:46 PM
11/01/18 06:46 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Was it a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing or planned?

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: sittite] #956976
11/01/18 07:08 PM
11/01/18 07:08 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
Holyoke to WV. I go where the work is.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956979
11/01/18 07:38 PM
11/01/18 07:38 PM
Boston
sittite Offline
Capo
sittite  Offline
Capo
Boston
Understandable ..... but I think I'd switch careers......no disrespect intended.....here's hoping the next job sends you somewhere nice.

"Whackin' the boss....another thing I get left out of."
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956997
11/02/18 12:13 AM
11/02/18 12:13 AM
B
BugsyM Offline
Made Member
BugsyM  Offline
B
Made Member
Paul J. DeCologero has emerged as a second suspect in the murder of Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...murder/AKb1h4gfb4HttjK0vYPPOK/story.html

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #956998
11/02/18 01:45 AM
11/02/18 01:45 AM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
A fitting end to a disgusting life story. Thanks for the news guys.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #957000
11/02/18 03:21 AM
11/02/18 03:21 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Paul J. DeCologero, a member of a notorious North Shore organized crime group...

What group exactly? A mob crew connected to Boston or unaffiliated criminals, like those infamous heist crews from the 80’s?

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: LuanKuci] #957003
11/02/18 05:19 AM
11/02/18 05:19 AM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Paul J. DeCologero, a member of a notorious North Shore organized crime group...

What group exactly? A mob crew connected to Boston or unaffiliated criminals, like those infamous heist crews from the 80’s?

Big Paul was a Patriarca guy and at one point connected to the Carozza faction. He copped to delivering drugs for whitey and stevie at one point in the 80s, served about 8 years, got out, and said he didnt want to mule for them again. (not sure if he did or not, or any bad blood). His crew, including the nephew Young Paul, would shake down drug dealers, go after gun caches, and sell drugs themselves. A real violent crew. Lots of gunpoint robberies of dealers (mostly weed, but not exclusively). They tried selling some guns to Gigi Portalla. The Uncle ran things out of a gym in Woburn. They were active in Medford, Lowell, Burlington, etc. All of them were caught up in the murder of a 19-year-old girl. She was stashing drugs and guns taken by the crew during a stick up of a drug dealer. Her apartment was raided by the feds. Big Paul sent her on a limo ride to NY to mull her fate, and decided she was a liability. She was dating Stephen DiCenso in the 90s. Paul and Big Paul orchestrated the original plot -- a heroin so strong it would kill her. They told her it was coke so she'd do more. It didn't work. Little Paul went back to the dealer and said he needed something stronger. The actual murderer, a guy named Kevin, beat her, then offed himself in jail -- a hanging, I think. Derek Capozzi was also convicted of dismembering her. He got a lengthy sentence but was already serving time for a car dealership shakedown on the north shore. Prior to the Bulger shit, Paul the kid was going to get out in his early 50s, so it makes sense Geas tried to cover for him. The kid paul's own father ratted on him, which would seem to be why he hated rats so much. The dad was a real piece of shit -- used to beat the kid, his brother John Jr, and the mom. If I'm speaking frankly, the whole crew seemed to be a bit of white trash. I never read about them doing banks or trucks. Just drugs and guns. They wanted a piece of a few bookmakers. Nothing beyond that, as far as I've read. Tommy Regan used to run with them, but was also connected to Salemme. Regan turned on them during the murder trial. They chopped up the girl and threw her in garbage bags that they dumped in Danvers. No idea how connected they were, but feds put the uncle big paul as a rhode island guy at one point. after that, they were organized as a crew of their own, but i'd imagine they were kicking up to RI. Joe Pavone went down in that trial of the girl's murder too. I think he lived in Beverly or Burlington. At trial, they argued it was Portalla's crew who stashed the guns and then killed the girl. DiCenso testified through a computer because he couldnt talk or walk after a heroin OD. Charles McConnell and Robert Nogueira were part of that Portalla crew. The defense was that Portalla was the one stashing guns, and who had the motive to kill the girl, not the DeCologero crew. This is all out there in an indictment and probably spelled out better. Medford area had plenty of crews like this. Just guns, B&E's, pharmacies, and raids on other dealers. BK went to prison for a set-up on a plan to shakedown some DR drug dealers. It was set up by the feds. Risky business.

Last edited by SharpieOne; 11/02/18 08:19 AM.
Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: SharpieOne] #957004
11/02/18 05:46 AM
11/02/18 05:46 AM
S
SharpieOne Offline
Button
SharpieOne  Offline
S
Button
Also, Derek Capozzi was in the news a few years back for breaking out of a prison van during transport in Kentucky. He's now in FloMax in Co.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: VitoSpatafore] #957005
11/02/18 06:16 AM
11/02/18 06:16 AM
LuanKuci Offline
Underboss
LuanKuci  Offline
Underboss
Thanks Sharpie.

Re: Whitey Bulger dead [Re: thebigfella] #957007
11/02/18 06:36 AM
11/02/18 06:36 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted by thebigfella

Ive always thought about that and i came to this conclusion.Whitey was making millions at his peak and he was also a smart gangster who would probably put money away for a rainy day or retirement or if he ever had to go on the run.Now you have to realize at that point whitey was an old man so he really didnt need much to live off.Just think about your grandparants how much do they spend a year??So whiteys at the time he got caught had 800k he could of lived a very comfortably life for an old man on 52k a year so the 800k could of lasted him atleast another 16 years,which realisticly he probaly wouldnt of lived that long and the older he got the less he would spend and go out.I bet once he was dead Cathrine would of come out of hiding and told the feds that she was scared for her life and thats why she stayed with whitey.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull