GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 111 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,849
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? #956266
10/22/18 11:12 PM
10/22/18 11:12 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
In his book Iced Schneider indicated the police believed the Violi brothers were being groomed for leadership positions in the local Todaro crew. He writes:

A few years later, two other mafia-wannabe brothers were having their own problems. In April 1995, twenty-eight-year-old Domenic Violi and his twenty-four-year-old brother Giuseppe were among eight people arrested in what the Hamilton-Wentworth deputy police chief called the city’s “most significant drug bust involving organized crime” in more than a quarter century. Domenic and Giuseppe were the sons of deceased Montreal mobster Paolo Violi and his widow, Grazia, herself the daughter of Giacomo Luppino, the long-time leader of the Hamilton wing of the Magaddino Family. She had moved back to her hometown following the 1978 death of her husband and raised her two boys in Hamilton, where police believe they were being groomed for leadership positions within the local Magaddino crew. The eight men were accused of conspiring to smuggle cocaine from Colombia to Ontario via the U.S. The police operation culminated with the seizure of more than 100 kilos of cocaine in Joplin, Missouri, and four kilos in Toronto. Along with four others, Giuseppe pleaded guilty to conspiracy to import a narcotic, although charges were withdrawn against his brother Domenic.

In addition Schneider recounts an incident where Buffalo News Mob Reporter Lee Coppola talks to the media about the Johnny Pops hit speculating the Musitano’s were acting on their own because Buffalo was too weak to sanction the hit. His statement seems to indicate the Violi’s brothers were Magaddino/Buffalo members. Coppola said:

“for all intents and purposes, the Buffalo mob —as it once was when Magaddino actually ruled that part of Toronto and the Papalias and Violis were under him —is all diminished and has been diminishing over the last couple of decades to a point now where there is no leadership, there is no structure, and there certainly is not power.”

I should note that Schneider goes on to indicate 2 more possible scenarios for the Pops hit.

1. Montreal (Rizzuto) wanted moving in on southern Ontario and had aligned themselves with the Musitanos. Police saw Pat meeting with Vito in October of ‘97 after the hit.

2. Buffalo wanted Pops out of the way because they were enraged he already giving up some gambling rackets to the Musitano’s. Or that because he was just too old. Schneider writes:

Papalia had turned over some of his gambling and protection rackets to the Musitanos (which either may have infuriated Buffalo mob bosses enough to have Papalia killed or perhaps because they pressured Papalia to relinquish control because he was getting too old). Either way, a mob hit on Papalia would first have to be cleared by Buffalo. Police intelligence collected during Project Windfall uncovered at least one meeting between the Musitanos and made members from the Magaddino Family, which supports this particular theory.

Of course we now have a copy of a conversation between Pat Musitano and Johnny Catz of Buffalo that shows the two families were still tight and working together—indicating Buffalo did order the hit on Pops.

Questions:
1. Does this make it more likely that the Violi brothers who were arrested in the Otremens Operation are the ones being referred to as the Todaro family members by the FBI and Canadian journalists?

2. Does the evidence that Buffalo had the power to order the Papalia hit in ‘97–when American journalists believed they were too weak, penniless, and without any leadership to do so—indicate American journalists may have it wrong now as they said the mob is all but dead in WNY.

3. Does this lend credibility to Edwards’ recent article suggesting Buffalo is playing a role in the mob war that has been going on in Hamilton for a while now.

4. What do you think of rumors that the Violi’s have fallen out of favor with Buffalo because of their recent arrests.,

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/22/18 11:35 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956275
10/23/18 11:18 AM
10/23/18 11:18 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
I really appreciate you posting all these Buffalo pages. I read DiCarlo and I became interested in Buffalo when I realized just how many regimes they had. I can't comment on the Violis as the mob war has outpaced my expertise.

1. Do you think Magaddinos ties to Canada pre-date his reign, back to DiCarlo Sr. and Palmieri's reign? If not that would mean he expanded north to CAnada and most likely west towards Ohio (Buffalo soldiers were killing Porrello soldiers in the Prohibition era, and probably took some turf as spoils of victory).
2. Do you know of any Buffalo activity i Pennsylvania, or is that a myth propagated by Wikipedia?

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956317
10/23/18 06:01 PM
10/23/18 06:01 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I don't believe those rumors that the Violi's are out of favor with Buffalo. Bifulco and Joe Violi are still tight.

Yes, there is evidence of Buffalo and Canadian mobsters knowing each other before the Magaddinos showed up in Buffalo.
Erie, PA still has a few former Buffalo associates but they are retired. Raymond Ferritto Jr, who's father killed Danny Green, is not an associate to any family.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BarrettM] #956330
10/23/18 08:29 PM
10/23/18 08:29 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted by BarrettM
I really appreciate you posting all these Buffalo pages. I read DiCarlo and I became interested in Buffalo when I realized just how many regimes they had. I can't comment on the Violis as the mob war has outpaced my expertise.

1. Do you think Magaddinos ties to Canada pre-date his reign, back to DiCarlo Sr. and Palmieri's reign? If not that would mean he expanded north to CAnada and most likely west towards Ohio (Buffalo soldiers were killing Porrello soldiers in the Prohibition era, and probably took some turf as spoils of victory).
2. Do you know of any Buffalo activity i Pennsylvania, or is that a myth propagated by Wikipedia?

Here are some quotes about Buffalo’s control or influence on Erie, PA from the book, The Real Teflon Don: How an Elite Team of New Yor State Troopers Helpeded Take Down America’s Most Powereful Mafia Family by Matt Gryta (a Buffalo News Crime Reporter) and George Karalus (member of Forrest Avenue Boys—precursor to OC Task Force for NY State Police.)

Before succumbing to the political witch hunts that crimped many law enforcement operations nationwide in the early 1970s, the Forest Avenue Boys’ efforts produced numerous successful State Police operations, alone and with other law enforcement agencies, against Magaddino’s Niagara Falls-based operations whose criminal tentacles spread north to Toronto, west to Cleveland, south through northwestern Pennsylvania and east into Utica in Central New York.

”Sam” Pieri would regularly drive to the Mayfield Heights area of Cleveland to talk with the heads of the Cleveland mob, the Forest Avenue Boys set up a wire in a motel that Magaddino “lieutenant” James “Westfield Jimmy” Salamone operated at the New York-Pennsylvania border. Salamone, one of Magaddino’s key Pennsylvania operatives, controlled the illegal numbers racket in Erie, Pennsylvania. The wire on “Westfield Jimmy’s” led to the periodic seizures of stolen property Magaddino was shipping to Cleveland for sale or that the Cleveland mob was trucking to Buffalo and Pennsylvania for sale by either Magaddino’s men or Russell Bufalino.

Credited with being the first real “boss’’ of the Buffalo crime “family,” Palmeri aligned himself with the Castellammarese Clan, a Mafia group known to have operations in New York City, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago and in small towns in Eastern Pennsylvania such as Scranton. Later, when it became Magaddino’s crime family, the group used Buffalo, New York as its base but expanded through satellite groups or “crews” throughout upstate New York, including the Rochester and Utica areas and into northwestern Pennsylvania, Youngstown, Ohio and the southern Ontario cities of Niagara Falls, Hamilton and Toronto.

During the Roaring 1920s Magaddino was just starting out on his own to become one of the top Mafia dons the United States was ever to see. He and his boys had something of a free-play on bootlegging and other criminal enterprises. Buffalo police and other Western New York law enforcement agencies concentrated on the Wild West-style tactics and antics of a gang of young Polish-American thugs operating out of Buffalo’s heavily-Eastern European East Side and led by the blond and good-looking John “Big Korney” Kwiatkowski, aka Kwiatowski. Due to routine American ethnic hatreds of the early part of the 20th Century, the Irish-German-led police in Buffalo targeted the so-called “bad seed” products of Eastern Europe. That gave Magaddino what amounted to a free rein to set up what for decades would prove to be moneymaking operations throughout Western New York and into southern Ontario, Canada and branching out towards Cleveland and northwestern Pennsylvania through alliances with Magaddino relatives.

I’ll post about your question related to Buffalo’s early connections to Toronto. Seems Toronto’s Perri worked with Buffalo but did a great job keeping them from taking over till Magaddino became boss and some of his captains began to align with Stephano. I’ll post some quotes when I have time to look them up later.

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/23/18 08:33 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956332
10/23/18 09:05 PM
10/23/18 09:05 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
How Magaddino’s use of violence gained him control of rackets from Ontario to Buffalo, back to NW Pennsylvania and OH to Rome/Utica NY from the book Iced by Schneider:

Sometime during the 1920s, Magaddino relocated to Buffalo to escape the inter-family warfare that had been exported to Brooklyn and which led police to suspect his involvement in the murder of several Buccellato Family members. Once in Buffalo, he became the largest bootlegger in western New York, importing most of his liquor from Ontario. He consolidated his power on both sides of the border through his unflinching use of violence. Some believe he was behind what the newspapers of the day called the “Good Killers,” a group of enforcers and hit men who systematically eliminated competitors in western New York, Southern Ontario, northern Pennsylvania, and eastern Ohio. Following the repeal of Prohibition, he put together his own mafia family and moved into loansharking, extortion, labour racketeering, fraud, theft, gambling, and drug trafficking. Illiterate, but with a strategic mind and a ruthless demeanour, Magaddino’s wealth and power were recognized when he was awarded a seat on the mafia’s ruling commission. As part of the partitioning of North America by the commission, Magaddino was granted jurisdiction over much of Ontario, which he jealously guarded until his death in 1974.

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956350
10/24/18 07:38 AM
10/24/18 07:38 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

im to lazy to go back in look but didnt the fbi name violi as the underboss of a new york family meaning the buffalo family in his indictment for selling coke n dope. he was at the bonanno induction for the guy from queens who recorded his induction on his iphone. it happend in hamilton i remeber. it wasnt even the saint burning poke the finger. the bonanno guy traveld up the from nyc, they went out to a restaurant and told the guy he was a member. somewhere i read the violis where at the dinner.

Last edited by pmac; 10/24/18 07:40 AM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: pmac] #956351
10/24/18 08:14 AM
10/24/18 08:14 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by pmac
im to lazy to go back in look but didnt the fbi name violi as the underboss of a new york family meaning the buffalo family

That was posted by an anonymous entity on Wikipedia. The FBI only stated that members of the Todaro crime family in Canada were arrested, likely referring to the Violis.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956361
10/24/18 10:37 AM
10/24/18 10:37 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Was it confirmed the violis were at the diner party when the bonanno guy was confirmed in the family. You cant really even call it a induction more like a confirm party. Hay you part the gang italian subs for everyone hold the oil pete.

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956382
10/24/18 04:42 PM
10/24/18 04:42 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
https://aboutthemafia.com/tag/giuseppe-joe-violi

Does this article make any sense to anyone? There was a Bonanno ceremony in Canada?

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BarrettM] #956383
10/24/18 05:00 PM
10/24/18 05:00 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted by BarrettM
https://aboutthemafia.com/tag/giuseppe-joe-violi

Does this article make any sense to anyone? There was a Bonanno ceremony in Canada?

Here is an article from Adrian Humphries about the "induction ceremony" and arrests.
Congratulations: Undercover agent indcuted into mafia

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/24/18 05:00 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956385
10/24/18 05:43 PM
10/24/18 05:43 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Violis are probably Bonannos.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: Hollander] #956386
10/24/18 05:44 PM
10/24/18 05:44 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

they are sure bonannos they were present at induction ceremony

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: Hollander] #956388
10/24/18 06:17 PM
10/24/18 06:17 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted by Hollander

So the Violi’s were under the Buffalo Crime Family and groomed for leadership in the Buffalo crime family, but are Bonanno?

Would you say Buffalo doesn’t really exist today, just remnants remain, despite what Edward’s recent article said, so they switched families?

Did FBI and Canadian journalists just refer to the former family the Violi’s were members of?

If the Viloi’s are not Todaro crime family members which of these individuals that the RCMP said were arrested are:

The following subjects have been charged with the following offences:

DOMENICO PAOLO VIOLI, of Hamilton
DIMITAR DIMITROV of Stoney Creek
ADRIANO VALENTINO SCOLIERI of Richmond Hill
BERNARDO LUKE ROTOLO of Woodbridge
TRAN GIANG TANG of Markham
KAM TIM TONG of Markham
Nicholas VALENTINE of Vaughan
ANTHONY JAMES ARROYO of Waterloo
JAMES LINCOLN JABLONSKI of Mississauga
A CANADA WIDE WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE ARREST OF GIUSEPPE VIOLI of HAMILTON
A CANADA WIDE WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE ARREST OF MASSIMIGLIANO CARFAGNA of BURLINGTON
YIN YUN LEONG OF MARKHAM
A CANADA WIDE WARRANT HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE ARREST OF WITTON LUU OF TORONTO, ON
A Canada wide warrant is being sought for the arrest of WOJCIECH GRZESIOWKI of Innisfil

Conspiracy to Import a Controlled Substance, contrary to the Criminal Code

Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance, contrary to the Criminal Code

Trafficking a Controlled Substance, contrary to the Criminal Code

Trafficking contraband tobacco, contrary to the Criminal Code

Trafficking Firearms, contrary to the Criminal Code

Criminal organization offences including instructing and participating in a Criminal Organization.

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/24/18 06:40 PM. Reason: Added a question and RCMP arrest list
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956389
10/24/18 06:44 PM
10/24/18 06:44 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

It's difficult to say because there are many ties between them as you know Stefano Magaddino was the cousin of Joe Bonanno.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956391
10/24/18 07:14 PM
10/24/18 07:14 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

never heard of any rules were there cant be members of another family well another inducts a new guy. theres old fbi file ray patriarca inducted 6 genovese guys because vito couldnt be there. bill bonanno said all types of bosses was at his. i think they are buffalo lcn members technically but now the bffalo family is borderline defunkt. there grandfather had them indcucted there so rizzuto couldnt hit them like scafo had his son made by the luchese as extra protection from merlino and company. now the violi had made inroads with the new mob guys from italy. imo

Last edited by pmac; 10/24/18 07:17 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956447
10/25/18 06:11 PM
10/25/18 06:11 PM
Stubbs Offline
Capo
Stubbs  Offline
Capo
It’s also possible the few remaining Buffalo members answer back to the Bonannos in NYC, sort of like how the Binos control the DeCavs apparently.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: Stubbs] #956450
10/25/18 06:38 PM
10/25/18 06:38 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Stubbs
It’s also possible the few remaining Buffalo members answer back to the Bonannos in NYC, sort of like how the Binos control the DeCavs apparently.

Agreed, while it's just an educated guess I really do think this hypothesis comes closest to the truth..

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 10/25/18 06:57 PM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: Stubbs] #956451
10/25/18 07:34 PM
10/25/18 07:34 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
A

Thoughts on this article?

Buffalo mob playing role in deadly Ontario dispute, sources say
By PETER EDWARDS STAFF REPORTER
Mon., Sept. 17, 2018

The murder of Hamilton real estate agent Al Iavarone at his home last week suggests that the New York State mob still has considerable influence in the southern Ontario underworld, sources say.

“I don’t think anyone knows for certain how this plays out,” said Paul Manning, a former Hamilton undercover police officer who worked on organized crime investigations. “One thing’s for sure, Buffalo will always have a say north of the border.”

The killing of Al Iavarone (not pictured) is believed to be retaliation for the killing of Angelo Musitano, right, who is seen here with his brother Pasquale Musitano in 1998.

Iavarone, 50, was shot dead in the midst of a dispute between two Niagara Region groups of mobsters who are both tied to the New York State mob, several former southern Ontario organized crime police investigators said.

Buffalo would have to give approval for high-level killings, sources said, adding that mob leaders there are believed to have turned their backs on one side in the dispute and given tacit approval to the other.

“They’re all supposed to be under Buffalo,” one source said of the two feuding Ontario crime factions.

“This does not end well for anyone,” the former police organized crime specialist said.

Iavarone’s killer hid in bushes outside his detached home at on Sunflower Cres. in Ancaster’s quiet Scenic Woods neighbourhood, shooting him around 9:55 p.m. as he walked from his car. He was killed in retaliation for the murder of Angelo (Ang) Musitano, 39, in the Hamilton suburb of Waterdown in May 2017 and the revenge for Musitano’s murder is far from over, former police organized crime investigators said.

Iavarone didn’t take part in Musitano’s murder but he was close to one of the suspected killers, a source said.

Musitano was shot at close range several times while in his truck outside his home while his wife and children waited inside for him.

Years earlier, Musitano and his brother Pasquale (Pat) were convicted of conspiracy related to the 1997 murder of Niagara Falls mobster Carmen Barillaro.

“This (Iavarone murder) is for Ang,” one former investigator said. “This is retaliation for Ang.”

Iavarone didn’t have a criminal record. He was known to police because he was “associated to individuals involved in traditional organized crime in the Hamilton area,” Det.-Sgt. Peter Thom of the Hamilton police said hours after his murder.

“It’s our belief that there is something going on in the underworld, maybe a power struggle,” Thom said.

Some of Iavarone’s underworld ties were south of the border, sources said.

“The recently deceased had ties to New York,” a former police investigator said.

“Buffalo factions of Traditional Organized Crime are not ‘in’ Canada per se, but historically have controlled aspects of Canadian ‘family business’ and do get kickbacks from profits from illicit activity,” Manning said

Prior to his death, Musitano was owed money from a man involved in gambling who worked for New York State mobsters, a source said.

When he demanded payment or a piece of the gambling operation, he was murdered by a crew of Niagara Region men connected to the gambler, the sources said.

None of the men involved in the Angelo Musitano murder were actual mob members, leaving them vulnerable to retaliation, the source said.

They have already been cut astray by the New York mob, a police source said.

“They have no backing,” the source said

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/25/18 08:52 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956452
10/25/18 08:16 PM
10/25/18 08:16 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
And then this from Edwards Blog on his website:

Filed Under: Blog
Buffalo mob involved in deadly Niagara Region dispute
September 17, 2018 by Peter Edwards Leave a Comment

The Buffalo mob isn’t dead, despite some media reports. And they’re playing a role in an ongoing dispute that includes the murder last week of a Hamilton real estate agent. Things will be worse before they get better, as murder of Angelo Musitano drives one side in dispute to clean house.

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956591
10/28/18 01:00 PM
10/28/18 01:00 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Nickel,

GREAT WORK...

You know I have been pro Buffalo since I came on these boards actually I read the Dicarlo book and was amazed at what they had going on.

To me everything points to the Buffalo crews still intact.

And there being something left of Buffalo LCN

The question I do not have an answer for is
WHO are th e guys in Buffalo that are still active?

Violi's I think Buffalo LCN,

They have their roots and no evidence they ever switched or real reason to believe that.

I don't buy similar to Decav and Bino because they never called Decav guys Bino guys....

The evidence obviously supports they are active i.e. the indictment the Intel supports Buffalo i.e. multiple news articles...

Or are the Violi's the U/B of the Bonnano's?

Nickel who?

Last edited by BensonHURST; 10/28/18 01:02 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956592
10/28/18 01:17 PM
10/28/18 01:17 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
And if you think about it the Bonnano's got abuses pretty badly up north.

The Rizzuto's told them to take a hike and then their acting boss was deported and got whacked and the Bonnano's did NOTHING...

Even before the Rizzuto's told them to officially take a hike they were abusing Massino by blowing him off.

Going back to the height of his power.

And Maggidino and Bonnano were cousins but they hates each other and Bonnano wanted to have Maggidino killed and were constantly fighting each other specifically in Canada.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 10/28/18 01:17 PM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BensonHURST] #956599
10/28/18 02:35 PM
10/28/18 02:35 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

The Rizzuto's told them to take a hike and then their acting boss was deported and got whacked and the Bonnano's did NOTHING...

Even before the Rizzuto's told them to officially take a hike they were abusing Massino by blowing him off.

And Maggidino and Bonnano were cousins but they hates each other and Bonnano wanted to have Maggidino killed and were constantly fighting each other specifically in Canada.

i think the bonanno's are behind several murders in montreal, they avenged the murder of montagna and they were fighting with the rizzuto's (who was also a bonanno member
who killed desjardin brother, for example? probably the bonanno's

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BensonHURST] #956603
10/28/18 04:51 PM
10/28/18 04:51 PM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
Nickel,

GREAT WORK...

You know I have been pro Buffalo since I came on these boards actually I read the Dicarlo book and was amazed at what they had going on.

They have their roots and no evidence they ever switched or real reason to believe that.

I don't buy similar to Decav and Bino because they never called Decav guys Bino guys....

The evidence obviously supports they are active i.e. the indictment the Intel supports Buffalo i.e. multiple news articles...

Nickel who?

Given Ockhams Razor (the simplest answer is usually the right answer) I would have to say the Violi’s are Buffalo. It is the most simple explanation given their history with the family and the media reports this last year. To say they are Bonanno one has to perform some mental gymnastics to to explain their history and reports away.

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: m2w] #956630
10/28/18 08:58 PM
10/28/18 08:58 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by m2w

i think the bonanno's are behind several murders in montreal, they avenged the murder of montagna and they were fighting with the rizzuto's (who was also a bonanno member

What Bonnano's are in C.A. I did not think they had a crew.
The RIZZUTO's used to be a crew of Bonnano's, Gerlando Scarsiccisa was their captain he got whacked they wanted Vito Rizzutto, to be the captain and he said No Thank You, make my father captain.

I didn't think they had any other crews up there
??

That is why Montagna got killed he was up there on his own? Made some alliances with local guys that were beefing with the Rizzutos

Who is the crew? How big is it?
Who did they kill?

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956633
10/28/18 09:01 PM
10/28/18 09:01 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickleCity
Nickel,

GREAT WORK...

Nickel who?

Given Ockhams Razor (the simplest answer is usually the right answer) I would have to say the Violi’s are Buffalo. It is the most simple explanation given their history with the family and the media reports this last year. To say they are Bonanno one has to perform some mental gymnastics to to explain their history and reports away.

I agree what I was asking was on the Buffalo side? Who are the guys in the streets?
C.A. Violi's and who ever left from atleast two crews maybe more.

In the U.S. if not Todaro than who?

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BensonHURST] #956635
10/28/18 09:56 PM
10/28/18 09:56 PM
J
JC Offline
Made Member
JC  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by m2w

The RIZZUTO's used to be a crew of Bonnano's, Gerlando Scarsiccisa was their captain he got whacked they wanted Vito Rizzutto, to be the captain and he said No Thank You, make my father captain.

??

That is why Montagna got killed he was up there on his own? Made some alliances with local guys that were beefing with the Rizzutos

Who did they kill?

The Rizzutos didn't do anything to Montagna, it was Des Jardins who hit him. Des Jardins and Montagna were part of a group that attacked the Rizzutos and they were picking off Rizzutos left and right with no retaliation until they turned on each other. It was only after Montagna was hit and Des Jardins got taken off of the street that the Rizzuto people came back out of hiding. If anything the Bonannos would have wanted to hit Des Jardins for killing Montagna, the Rizzutos never did anything to him.

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: NickleCity] #956637
10/28/18 10:23 PM
10/28/18 10:23 PM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Is that the full story? It was Desjardins and Montagna? Who else was in the group

Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: JC] #956646
10/29/18 03:06 AM
10/29/18 03:06 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by JC
Originally Posted by m2w

??

Who did they kill?

The Rizzutos didn't do anything to Montagna, it was Des Jardins who hit him. Des Jardins and Montagna were part of a group that attacked the Rizzutos and they were picking off Rizzutos left and right with no retaliation until they turned on each other. It was only after Montagna was hit and Des Jardins got taken off of the street that the Rizzuto people came back out of hiding. If anything the Bonannos would have wanted to hit Des Jardins for killing Montagna, the Rizzutos never did anything to him.

That's right I forgot.....

I still don't think the Bonnano's have anyone in Canada at this point and time.

The point I was making the Rizzuto's were the Bonnano's crew and they un officially told em to FFF OFF when Massino was at his height.

Than officially when Massino flipped and they did it to Vinny Gorgeous who was an out right SHOOTER

I.dont see them taking over Buffalo's crews and making them Bonnano's besides they had so many rats that would have come out already

Last edited by BensonHURST; 10/29/18 03:08 AM.
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: JC] #956647
10/29/18 06:02 AM
10/29/18 06:02 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi

Agreed, while it's just an educated guess I really do think this hypothesis comes closest to the truth..

Agreed also. If the Buffalo family is basically defunct the Bonannos would be the only family left with historic claim on Canada so it would make sense the remaining Buffalo (LCN) members were absorbed into or answer to the Bonannos.

Originally Posted by JC
It was only after Montagna was hit and Des Jardins got taken off of the street that the Rizzuto people came back out of hiding.

I think they were just laying low and waiting for their leader to return home to get directions. Difficult to say what would've happened if Montagna didn't get into a beef with Desjardins. They would've tried to kill Vito or either force him into retirement, but I think Vito was too bloodthirsty to accept that so he would attempt to hit them back. But if the anti-Rizzuto coalition didn't fall apart it would've probably be the end of the Rizzuto reign.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Evidence Violi Brothers are Buffalo C.F. members? [Re: BensonHURST] #956658
10/29/18 11:47 AM
10/29/18 11:47 AM
NickleCity Offline OP
Capo
NickleCity  Offline OP
Capo
Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi

Agreed also. If the Buffalo family is basically defunct the Bonannos would be the only family left with historic claim on Canada so it would make sense the remaining Buffalo (LCN) members were absorbed into or answer to the Bonannos.

If the Buffalo family was nearly defunct as several articles and the lack of indictments seemed to indicate-Ockham's would say the family is dead and being absorbed by the Bonannos is the easiest explanation. That is my number 2 theory. But Bensonhurst has a great point when he says:

I.dont see them taking over Buffalo's crews and making them Bonnano's besides they had so many rats that would have come out already

Bensonhurst you asked about who is on the streets now:

I agree what I was asking was on the Buffalo side? Who are the guys in the streets?
C.A. Violi's and who ever left from atleast two crews maybe more.

In the U.S. if not Todaro than who?

Here is what I know... And it is not verifiable just what I've learned from people I've talked to in the area:

1. A funeral director in Buffalo that I know did the Sonny Nicoletti Funeral in the Falls. He told me there was a major contingent of Canadian guys showing their respect. That seems to verify the street report that Nicolleti was running things in the States. This was when I was wondering if Joe Todaro Jr. was still involved. He told me there were no Todaros at the funeral. He said "Butchie" (Frank BiFulco) was there and everyone was paying him a great deal of respect--like he was the boss. The report that came out about a year ago on Cosa Nostra News and About the Mafia indicated BiFulco was at the helm and that confirms to me what this undertaker talk me.

2. From a person with a name you would recognize, but I don't have permission to share in public: Buffalo is active and very involved with healthcare fraud with other families. Additionally, this individual indicates the Capitano brothers (Sam and Peter) from LIUNA Local 210 are still involved. That goes against the public perception around here that Pete has become a born again Christian and has nothing to do with "the life" any more .

3. A journalist with a small weekly paper indicates his source "who is in politics and whose family has been or is on the periphery for years" indicates "their are young guys making a good living." He says that they are involved in drug trafficking and are being led by older Buffalo mobsters who are living in Florida a good deal of the time. He said a couple of years ago the big guy had to make a special trip up to straighten some things out and get a few of the young guys in line.

4. Very recently and individual on this site pointed me to the murder of Monty Massimi by Sam Vacanti at the end of 2007. It involved several younger guys with last names known to be associated with the Buffalo crime family. It is interesting, I never found articles on that murder on my own--and I've done a lot of research. My belief is that these articles were scrubbed because the murder involved the family of a high profile Buffalo politician--Mark Grisanti-- who later became a NY State senator. Do a search for Massimi or Vacanti the Buffalo News website and it won't result in a any hit (at least as of last week). I posted about this on the BUSICO Thread I started.

5. The Massimi murder by Vacanti involved a drug trafficking ring with young guys who's families had know mob connections and were put in charge of drug trafficking by Joe Todaro after Andy Aiello was busted in the BUSICO case that resulted in the Pizza Connection. (I posted about this on the BUSICO thread.) Here is what Gangsters Inc wrote in an article called "Puparo presents: The Roaring '80's Part 1:"

Buffalo
15 September 1983 were 18 kilos of heroin found in tile crates headed for Andrea Aiello's warehouse in Niagara Falls, the feds replaced the heroin and let him ship it to Filippo Ragusa, a soldier from Rochester. Lorenzo Scaduto arranged with savatore Bartolotta to have Pietro Graffeo and Domenico LoGalbo to fly to Buffalo. Police then busted the operation and seized in total 24 kilos of heroin (including the first 18 kilos) and arrested Filippo Ragusa and Mannino`s man Paola La Porta in Buffalo and Aiello was replaced as Buffalo's drug importer by Todaro's associate John Anticoli. His main men were Sam Amoia jr and Carmen Gallo, they sold the drugs to dealers from the west and the east side who sold it to the hispanics and the blacks. Gallo was killed by Dwayne Miles and Jeff Culbreath from the Winslow Avenue Gang from the west side. Gallo's stepfather was Frank BiFulco. Filippo Ragusa’s daughter Francesca Ragusa got 5 years, her husband Salvatore Bartolotta 15 years and Filippo Ragusa’s son in law Lorenzo scaduto also got 15 years.

Let me try to highlight the mob connections in the Massimi homicide and what is ALLEGED to have happened:

A.. Mark Grisanti married Maria Amoia.

B. Her sister is Joann Vacanti whose son was part of the Amoia's Drug Business (Remember, Amoia he was put in place by the Todaro's man Acticoli.) The Amoia's have a long history with the mob in WNY.

C. Joann's son Sam Vacanti was a known narcotics trafficker--and in November 2007 he murdered Monty Massimi in what the Buffalo News said "brought back memories" of an old school mob hit. (This article can be found on Press Reader--Not on The Buffalo News site anymore--it also said those involved were not members of the mob, but it never mentioned the many connections this drug ring and murder had to the mob in WNY.)

Murders Remind Buffalo of the Mafia
Buffalo Special Edition News
September 24, 2008
By: Charles Ravington

D. It appears the DA at the time, Frank Sedita, botched the handling of this case. (Remember Joe Sedita had represent the interest of the Mob controlled local 210, and Frank Sedita Sr. was Buffalo Mayor from '58-'61 & '66-'73--he is alleged to have had weekly lunches with mobsters at 210.)

E. Mark Grisanit's stepson is John Amoia and his nephew is Adam Amoia. Adam Amoia was an accessory to the Massimi murder, and John Amoia received the murder weapon. The murderer, Sammy Vacanti gave the murder weapon to John Amoia who buried it behind the swimming pool at Grisanti's home. The weapon was later unearthed and given back to Sam Vacanti (triggerman) and Adam Amoia (allegedly with Sam and David Gambino the night of the murder). The murder weapon was never found by the authorities.

F. The Massimi homicide pictures were leaked and posted to a blog in order to silence those who were talking and influence/limit the testimony of against Vacanti or David Gambino.

G. A poster on the Topic Forum--which is about the only place to get information on this case--as the papers have removed articles from their online archives says what many of us who live in Buffalo believe:

Buffalo, Ny is and always will be one of the most corrupt cities in America because there are too many people in high places who have family ties to drug trafficking, gambling, and murder, that goes back to at least 3 generations of Italian mobsters who's close knit relatives have managed to reach every position of power available in Buffalo: Mayor, Police Chief and District Attorney not to mention countless Judges. I'm not going to mention any names but this is going to have to be dismantled on a federal level. These people run the city with no fear of prosecution. Their nephews, uncles and cousins run around North Buffalo, Kenmore and the West Side of Buffalo dealing major cocaine and heroin, but they always seem to escape the yearly FBI round ups....

H. Some of the known drug traffickers in this case with mob ties are: David Gambino, Sammy Vacanti, Louie Vacanti, Adam Amoia, JR, Faust Novino and Fillipo

I. Sammy Vacanti eventually turned and gave up many in his drug trafficking crew. This lead to many arrests in several states and in Canada. David Gambino and a Zip named Filippo Inglima were given large sentences for their role in this drug trafficking ring just 5 years ago. Here is the FBI's press release: https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/b...tfield-man-pleads-guilty-to-drug-charges

Last edited by NickleCity; 10/29/18 03:28 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull