GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 108 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,152
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954678
10/04/18 11:49 AM
10/04/18 11:49 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Also the 4th of July parties were for HIS benefit. Having the neighborhood on your side to give you info on cops/fbi watching him was his goal.

Exactly. It was the same on Mulberry. Citizens preventing the authorities from doing surveillance on criminal elements in their neighborhood. How is this tolerable? You think people like Gotti give a crap about all the 17 year old and 18 year old neighborhood kids who ended up with criminal records because mobsters used them, took advantage of them and got them to riot and destroy public property in his name?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954679
10/04/18 11:50 AM
10/04/18 11:50 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I would've thought it was common knowledge to anybody with a cursory interest in the mob that Gotti's crew were heavy into drug deals and financing drug deals. Gene Gotti, Junior, his grandsons all deal/dealt drugs.

It's also being confirmed that the 4th of July parties, again financed with drug money and not out of Gotti's pocket, were done not out of benevolence, but to influence criminal elements against the government and Feds.

Just like it's being confirmed in myriad sources that Gotti had people orchestrating the riots outside the courthouse after his sentence.

I mean, if you have proof to the contrary I would love to hear it and will retract what I said.

Yup.

Always thought this was common knowledge as well and that it was actually one of the reasons they got backlash from the Castellano faction. The drug involvement that is.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10/04/18 11:50 AM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: TheKillingJoke] #954685
10/04/18 12:18 PM
10/04/18 12:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
I would've thought it was common knowledge to anybody with a cursory interest in the mob that Gotti's crew were heavy into drug deals and financing drug deals. Gene Gotti, Junior, his grandsons all deal/dealt drugs.

It's also being confirmed that the 4th of July parties, again financed with drug money and not out of Gotti's pocket, were done not out of benevolence, but to influence criminal elements against the government and Feds.

Just like it's being confirmed in myriad sources that Gotti had people orchestrating the riots outside the courthouse after his sentence.

I mean, if you have proof to the contrary I would love to hear it and will retract what I said.

Yup.

Always thought this was common knowledge as well and that it was actually one of the reasons they got backlash from the Castellano faction. The drug involvement that is.

Exactly. What makes me laugh is when people defend gotti by saying"oh he would never sell drugs" But they leave out the fact that he knew about it and profited from it. So it showed he was a shitty capo and obviously didnt care that drugs were sold

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954689
10/04/18 01:22 PM
10/04/18 01:22 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I certainly don't respect any mobster, and I don't know if I'd call any of them likeable, but Jackie DiNorscio is pantsplittingly hilarious. He's like the mob's version of Rodney Dangerfield.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954700
10/04/18 03:10 PM
10/04/18 03:10 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Saw that Vin Diesel movie about him. Meh. I remember that HBO documentary from the 90s that had a segment on DiNorscio, and the big guy Frank Minucci who was in Carlito's Way. Guess he was with the Gambinos.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #954749
10/04/18 10:55 PM
10/04/18 10:55 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Also the 4th of July parties were for HIS benefit. Having the neighborhood on your side to give you info on cops/fbi watching him was his goal.

Exactly. It was the same on Mulberry. Citizens preventing the authorities from doing surveillance on criminal elements in their neighborhood. How is this tolerable? You think people like Gotti give a crap about all the 17 year old and 18 year old neighborhood kids who ended up with criminal records because mobsters used them, took advantage of them and got them to riot and destroy public property in his name?

A myth put out by the FBI and media.

Last edited by jace; 10/04/18 10:58 PM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954758
10/05/18 01:36 AM
10/05/18 01:36 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

i call horseshit on that one

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954774
10/05/18 06:56 AM
10/05/18 06:56 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I always thought his brash, loud style was rooted in his Neapolitan origin.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954776
10/05/18 07:51 AM
10/05/18 07:51 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

i call horseshit on that one

I'll always remember seeing Bruce Mouw talk about the way ordinary people were duped, specifically younger people, by John Gotti and his family into believing the Robin Hood esque myths about him, while ignoring the part about his destructive role on society. He actually got a little bit emotional about it. It struck me as very sincere.

But I imagine if I had a similar job in trying to do something constructive for the good of society and the media almost makes a conscious effort to portray the criminality you're fighting as glamorous to impressionable people I'd probably get pretty disenchanted.

I guess we are talking about a society where a few years before these events people were literally spitting on Vietnam vets, so there you go.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954861
10/05/18 09:48 PM
10/05/18 09:48 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
How do you get spitting on vets from Gotti and his Fourth of July parties? All over the United States people set off fireworks and threw parties, Gotti did it and it became an issue to people. Also, Bruce Mouw was more of a racketeer than Gotti, he made a fortune off Gotti by raising him up in public eye at the same time he portrays himself as the Elliot Ness of the FBI.

Last edited by jace; 10/05/18 09:50 PM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954868
10/05/18 10:18 PM
10/05/18 10:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
How do you get spitting on vets from Gotti and his Fourth of July parties? All over the United States people set off fireworks and threw parties, Gotti did it and it became an issue to people. Also, Bruce Mouw was more of a racketeer than Gotti, he made a fortune off Gotti by raising him up in public eye at the same time he portrays himself as the Elliot Ness of the FBI.

So now Bruce Mouw is a racketeer? I get the sense you dont like any cops or FBI. Now Granted there have been some bad ones obviously i will never deny that. But most were simply doing their job. As i said before those 4th of July parties were not because he gave two shits about those people. Unfortunetly many of Those people were naive and gullible.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954870
10/05/18 10:48 PM
10/05/18 10:48 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

So now Bruce Mouw is a racketeer? I get the sense you dont like any cops or FBI. Now Granted there have been some bad ones obviously i will never deny that. But most were simply doing their job. As i said before those 4th of July parties were not because he gave two shits about those people. Unfortunetly many of Those people were naive and gullible.

Aren't you possibly being the gullible one? How can you know how Gotti felt about the people of the are he hung out in? You can't. Mouw is the one who built up Gotti's image to enhance his own reputation. He had a squad of agents with one goal of getting Gotti, and stayed on that gravy train for years. If you believe all his propaganda yet say others are gullible you need to rethink things.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954873
10/05/18 11:18 PM
10/05/18 11:18 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Aren't you possibly being the gullible one? How can you know how Gotti felt about the people of the are he hung out in? You can't. Mouw is the one who built up Gotti's image to enhance his own reputation. He had a squad of agents with one goal of getting Gotti, and stayed on that gravy train for years. If you believe all his propaganda yet say others are gullible you need to rethink things.

Nah im not gullible...Nobody influences my beliefs. I guess i dont respect murderers

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/05/18 11:37 PM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954874
10/05/18 11:25 PM
10/05/18 11:25 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
No need to apologize I don't respect murderers either, and I do not expect others to do that. I am just trying to be objective in looking at organized crime and the topics around it such as this one.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954876
10/05/18 11:26 PM
10/05/18 11:26 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
No need to apologize I don't respect murderers either, and I do not expect others to do that. I am just trying to be objective in looking at organized crime and the topics around it such as this one.

im not apologizing it was sarcasm lol. I thought you calling me gullible was ridiculous tbh.

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/05/18 11:32 PM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954877
10/05/18 11:39 PM
10/05/18 11:39 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

im not apologizing it was sarcasm lol. I thought you calling me gullible was ridiculous tbh.

I'm trying to be polite and avoid a dispute.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954878
10/05/18 11:41 PM
10/05/18 11:41 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

I'm trying to be polite and avoid a dispute.

i didnt do anything. You called me gullible. I feel im very objective about gotti. But im not gonna sit here and say he was some great person for neighborhood. All you have to do is listen to his jailtapes to get a sense of what type of person he was. Those are HIS words

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/05/18 11:43 PM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954879
10/05/18 11:54 PM
10/05/18 11:54 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
His jail tapes were released selectively by the feds, and against the law too. So they make laws and disregard them yet put others in prisons for it. The tapes were not that bad, he was in a tough prison, for life and went on a rant. How would you handle it? He was likable, get over it. Too bad he was not still alive, you could write him and ask for advice on how to be more likable. I will also go by the people of his neighborhood over anyone who Neve was living there. He was liked in Ozone Park, Howard Beach, and all over Manhattan. Before he was well known he had many friends, he had to have a likable quality about him. It's fact.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954880
10/06/18 12:01 AM
10/06/18 12:01 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
His jail tapes were released selectively by the feds, and against the law too. So they make laws and disregard them yet put others in prisons for it. The tapes were not that bad, he was in a tough prison, for life and went on a rant. How would you handle it? He was likable, get over it. Too bad he was not still alive, you could write him and ask for advice on how to be more likable. I will also go by the people of his neighborhood over anyone who Neve was living there. He was liked in Ozone Park, Howard Beach, and all over Manhattan. Before he was well known he had many friends, he had to have a likable quality about him. It's fact.

" im trying to be polite and avoid a dispute" lol yeah right. I have no problem that you like Gotti thats fine but we are talking about a criminal and murderer so its tough to say he was treated unfairly

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954882
10/06/18 12:06 AM
10/06/18 12:06 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
I think it was simply his don't give a fuck attitude toward authority. I think most everyone would like to thumb their nose at 'the man' but most don't have the balls to do it.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954883
10/06/18 12:07 AM
10/06/18 12:07 AM
I
irishkaos Offline
Made Member
irishkaos  Offline
I
Made Member
I'm not sure he was always likable - I think for all accounts that Gotti wore on everyone eventually and they got fed up with his act. His whole bag was being a pariah for the family but in the end, he set the family back two decades because of his own ego.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: irishkaos] #954884
10/06/18 12:09 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by irishkaos
I'm not sure he was always likable - I think for all accounts that Gotti wore on everyone eventually and they got fed up with his act. His whole bag was being a pariah for the family but in the end, he set the family back two decades because of his own ego.

Good Post. Thats pretty accurate

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954885
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
He was treated unfairly when they leaked tapes that were illegal to leak, and they leaked only what they chose to leak. That's unfair. If they do it to one person, they do it to others later. Wrong is wrong. It also has nothing to do with why Gotti was likable. If a thread pops up on "Why was Carmine Galente so lovable" or "Ten reasons Roy Demeo would have been a great babysitter" I'd be disagreeing on that. Joey Merlino seems to be liked, why is a good and fair question. Tony Mirra is said to have been hated, going by what is said on this site. I never weighed in. I feel no need to. You don't just hate Gotti and many others, you get upset if anyone says anything positive about him,

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954887
10/06/18 12:14 AM
10/06/18 12:14 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
He was treated unfairly when they leaked tapes that were illegal to leak, and they leaked only what they chose to leak. That's unfair. If they do it to one person, they do it to others later. Wrong is wrong. It also has nothing to do with why Gotti was likable. If a thread pops up on "Why was Carmine Galente so lovable" or "Ten reasons Roy Demeo would have been a great babysitter" I'd be disagreeing on that. Joey Merlino seems to be liked, why is a good and fair question. Tony Mirra is said to have been hated, going by what is said on this site. I never weighed in. I feel no need to. You don't just hate Gotti and many others, you get upset if anyone says anything positive about him,

You get mad when anything critical is said about gotti which lets be honest is well earned. You did a lot of that crap. But i tried to be a bigger person and sent you a very nice message trying to make peace. That lasted like one day then you accused me of "preaching" and working for MoeTilden. So after that i was done being nice. However i wont be disrespectful because i respect this board. Lets just agree to disagree

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/06/18 12:15 AM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954888
10/06/18 12:16 AM
10/06/18 12:16 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I am not getting mad, and don't lie saying I told the board you sent me messages, you outed yourself on that one.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954889
10/06/18 12:19 AM
10/06/18 12:19 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I am not getting mad, and don't lie saying I told the board you sent me messages, you outed yourself on that one.

did you even read what i said? Im not hiding that.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: Joe_Bonanno] #954891
10/06/18 12:22 AM
10/06/18 12:22 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
You will never get a movie starring John Travolta made on your life if you keep this up.

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954892
10/06/18 12:23 AM
10/06/18 12:23 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
You will never get a movie starring John Travolta made on your life if you keep this up.

Thank God. That movie was dogshit. But come to think of it thats a good description of him lol

Last edited by JCrusher; 10/06/18 12:25 AM.
Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: JCrusher] #954893
10/06/18 12:29 AM
10/06/18 12:29 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

Thank God. That movie was dogshit. But come to think of it thats a good description of him lol

Not a description of him to all those who liked him. Many loved him. Besides, it was a joke. You missed it

Re: What made Gotti so likeable? [Re: jace] #954894
10/06/18 12:32 AM
10/06/18 12:32 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

Not a description of him to all those who liked him. Many loved him. Besides, it was a joke. You missed it

No i didnt miss it. Im just messing with you. Anyway lets just end this. Once again i will be the bigger person, have a good night jace no hard feelings

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull