GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (TheKillingJoke, RushStreet, Irishman12, 1 invisible), 98 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Suge Knight #953743
09/21/18 11:14 PM
09/21/18 11:14 PM
J
jace Offline OP
Underboss
jace  Offline OP
J
Underboss
How much was he affiliated with west coast gangs. He just got 28 years in a murder case.
https://pagesix.com/2018/09/21/suge-knight-to-serve-28-years-after-killing-compton-businessman/

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953752
09/21/18 11:46 PM
09/21/18 11:46 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
He's from M.O.B. Piru, east side Compton, but his status has always been in question. A lot of people think he just hustled the music industry. Watched and learned from Jerry Heller and Eazy E while being a bodyguard for N.W.A. Used his size and hired goons from the hood to intimidate people in the industry who didn't know better than to call his bluff. Made his inroads with legendary producer Jimmy Iovine, which made him a real player in the industry until he and Dr. Dre fell out, as Iovine backed Dre 100%. Everything fell apart for Suge after that. I think what he did to get this sentence proves how desperate he was to keep a name for himself. Running people over with your truck is the act of a psychotic lone wolf, not an OG with influence. The guy who survived the attack, Cle Shaheed Sloan, is a well respected Blood throughout Los Angeles, for both his stripes and being a peacemaker in more recent years.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953787
09/22/18 03:56 PM
09/22/18 03:56 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Isn't that against O.G.Gangsta code giving a detailed description of what happened?

And testifying in court for the prosecutors?

Gang members can testify against each other?

And not be considered a snitch?

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953798
09/22/18 04:43 PM
09/22/18 04:43 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Gang members can’t testify against each other without being labeled a snitch, but they can usually get away with making a self defense argument if the victim ended up dead.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953809
09/22/18 06:54 PM
09/22/18 06:54 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Suge's status as a gang member is highly questionable. I hate that we live in a world where youtube videos are considered credible sources, but I believe there were some youtubes of ppl from MOB saying Suge was never a Piru. I think he was bluffing industry ppl who weren't in the know all along. Notice he never messed with LA rappers who had real street cred, like W.C. and King Tee.

Edit...furthermore, Snoop went all in on Suge. Threatened him, made a diss track, and faced no consequences.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 09/22/18 06:56 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953831
09/23/18 01:02 AM
09/23/18 01:02 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Most people that grew up around Suge will say he was never a gang banger. He grew up with MOB guys, but he was into football. When that didn’t pan out, he did the bodyguard thing which is how he got close to Dre.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953846
09/23/18 09:12 AM
09/23/18 09:12 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
I wonder why there is not a movie about him. That guy is involved into too much shit and still has survived.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: SoCalGangs] #953849
09/23/18 09:31 AM
09/23/18 09:31 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
Gang members can’t testify against each other without being labeled a snitch, but they can usually get away with making a self defense argument if the victim ended up dead.

Ok but self defense to not get in trouble with L.E.
But the guys has immunity from being procured.

He would.hs testifying for the govt.
Not to claim self defense

He gave his story which I guess you can say wasn't snitching....

So if he was not going to testify?

Didn't SUGE have a real good chance on beating the case?

Re: Suge Knight [Re: ThePolakVet] #953874
09/23/18 01:14 PM
09/23/18 01:14 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by ThePolakVet
I wonder why there is not a movie about him. That guy is involved into too much shit and still has survived.

Well, they just did two where he was a primary character, Straight Outta Compton and Surviving Compton (the Michel'le movie). The same actor played him in both. I don't know if a movie about Suge would garner enough interest from mainstream audiences. The high water mark of his life was when Dr. Dre was with Death Row Records, and SOC already went pretty well into that.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953884
09/23/18 02:46 PM
09/23/18 02:46 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
He wont serve anywhere close to 30 years for voluntary manslaughter, especially in California..He wouldn't have plead guilty if he had to serve 30 years !!

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953891
09/23/18 04:07 PM
09/23/18 04:07 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You don't know much about the California prison system, DiLorenzo.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: BensonHURST] #953897
09/23/18 04:45 PM
09/23/18 04:45 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking exactly.

I’m no lawyer and I honestly don’t know the details of the Suge Knight case, I was just speaking in general to your other question about wether or not gang members can testify against each other, which is in fact snitching. Although I know of several local cases where a gang member used self defense arguments in court, and in some of those cases it actually worked.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: OakAsFan] #953900
09/23/18 05:05 PM
09/23/18 05:05 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by OakAsFan

Lol...Yeah, they're well known for their law and order !!

Re: Suge Knight [Re: OakAsFan] #953903
09/23/18 05:59 PM
09/23/18 05:59 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss

[b]Proposition 57: Jerry Brown’s Early Release For Violent Criminals[/b]

Jerry Brown Kamala Harris (Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press)Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press
7 Jul 201613,191
Just a week ago, California Attorney General Kamala Harris released an alarming report detailing how violent crime in California is on the rise, increasing 10% over the last year.
Violent crimes were up last year by about 15,000 to a high of 166,588. Homicides went up 9.7 percent, robberies 8.5 percent, aggravated assaults 8 percent. Rapes increased 36 percent!

It is in this environment that Governor Jerry Brown has placed before voters this November a ballot measure deceptively titled the “Public Safety and Rehabilitation Act of 2016” – when it might be more accurately dubbed the “Let Violent Criminals Out Of Prison Early Act of 2016.”

The measure, now officially Proposition 57, purports to allow for early release only of those inmates who have committed “non-violent offenses,” but is written in a way that even a spokesperson for the initiative says will only prevent early release for those who committed 23 specific violent crimes.

Here are just some of the supposedly “non-violent crimes” for which early release would be possible if this measure is passed: rape by intoxication, rape of an unconscious person, human trafficking involving sex act with minors, drive-by shooting, assault with a deadly weapon, taking a hostage, domestic violence involving trauma, possession of a bomb or weapon of mass destruction, hate crime causing physical injury, arson causing great bodily injury, discharging a firearm on school grounds, corporal injury to a child, and false imprisonment of an elderly person. The list actually goes on an on.

In addition to significantly reducing the time a vast number of violent criminals would have to serve before being eligible for parole, the Governor’s measure actually allows bureaucrats at the Department of Corrections to give “time off for good behavior” to literally any inmate in state prison, including those convicted of the most heinous criminal acts, including first-degree murder.

I suppose another equally valid ballot title for the measure could be the “California Crime Victim Re-victimization Act,” because the measure was purposely drafted to allow every prisoner currently serving time for the violent crimes listed above (and more) to be eligible for early release based on the new guidelines. Which means that all of the victims of these terrible acts, who had some degree of certainty as to the disposition of their attackers, would all have to wonder if suddenly their attackers would be back on the streets – much sooner than they had been promised by the criminal justice system.

Brown’s measure, in one broadly written provision, would overturn a number of previous tough-on-crime measures passed by California voters, including key provisions of Marsy’s Law; 3-Strikes-And-You’re-Out – the Victims’ Bill of Rights; the Californians Against Sexual Exploitation Act; and the Gang Violence and Juvenile Crime Prevention Act.

Brown has so far spent over $5 million from a ballot measure advocacy committee he controls to put Prop 57 before the voters, and he still has over $20 million in that fund. He argues that these “reforms” are needed to address prison overcrowding, and also says that he very much regrets his support in 1977, as governor, for establishing determinative sentencing laws in California. These have led to the establishment of strict sentencing guidelines, mandatory minimum sentences, and enhanced sentences for certain crimes.

Brown also feels strongly that the current system provides no incentive for inmates to be exemplary while behind bars, and feels that with the carrot of reducing sentences that prison authorities can cause inmate behavior to change in a positive way, reducing recidivism.

A robust conversation about criminal justice reform is a good thing, and clearly some reforms are worthwhile to discuss, and even implement. However, in the case of this particularly dreadful ballot measure, its basic premise is a lie. Governor Brown wants to soften sentences and allow for early release of violent criminals – while trying to tell voters with a straight face that that is not what this measure actually does.

A final and disturbing fact: Attorney General (and United States Senate candidate) Kamala Harris is charged with writing an accurate title and summary for each ballot measure. As the state’s top prosecutor, Harris knows full well what this measure does, but still placed before voters the sentence, “Allows parole consideration for persons convicted of nonviolent felonies…”.

The question is whether general election voters, inundated with campaign messaging from not only a presidential election but from a boatload of other ballot measures, will understand this measure for what it actually is. Because if they just go by the ballot title and summary in front of them by Kamala Harris, thousands of very dangerous people will be back on the streets very, very soon.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953908
09/23/18 06:42 PM
09/23/18 06:42 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo, I would just stop now. I can tell you know very little about California's criminal justice system, and that sloppy op-ed you found on google isn't going to make you look any more informed on the topic. It conveniently overlooks the Correction Officer union's historical influence, and how people like Kamala Harris are newcomers to the machine. California's prisons are packed like sardines, and they're only building more. Your assumption that Suge Knight's making a plea decision in anticipation of a lenient parole system is incredibly aloof as to how the state is run.

California spends more money on its prisons than most countries do, and far more than any other state does. The Correction Officers' union is among the most powerful lobbies in the state. You have to see how elected officials in California, in both parties, rewrite bills to satisfy the prison unions to truly understand how government works here. Only in recent years have elected officials even begun to take a stand against these powerful lobbies. It will take decades for the likes of Harris to reverse the direction of a state prison system that has historically been one of the more draconian prison systems in this country.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #953979
09/24/18 02:47 PM
09/24/18 02:47 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
No, more like you don't know what you're talking about...You're just a far left nut job trying to defend the most liberal state in the country where illegal aliens shoot young innocent girls in the back and get aquitted....You probably celebrated that ruling...

You're right, Ca. has let crime get out of control because nobody fears serious punishment...You're the only person I've ever met in 51 years that believes CA. is tough on criminals...

California spends more money on its prisons than most countries do, and far more than any other state does ?? Yeah, that's pretty much how they run everything in their state, that's why they're bankrupt !!

You're the most pathetic poster on this board....Get lost tree hugger !!

Last edited by DiLorenzo; 09/24/18 02:51 PM.
Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954000
09/24/18 05:25 PM
09/24/18 05:25 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
There’s some truth to both sides here. But I wouldn’t say Ca has let crime get out of control. Having grown up here, this is the most calm and peaceful time in my life. Some years crime slightly ticks up, but nothing compares to 15+ years ago.

And yes, things like three strikes laws, gang enhancements, and gang injunctions have had an effect. Now, there’s people in government working to undo a lot of that, that’s true. But if California was so soft in crime, then there wouldn’t be so many criminals in prison and the streets wouldn’t be this quiet.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954002
09/24/18 05:51 PM
09/24/18 05:51 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo, I'm going to avoid engaging in personal insults, out of respect for the website's administrators, who've warned members several times to stop.

I'll repeat, your op-ed (not an article, it was an opinion piece) doesn't once mention the Correction Officer union's influence over lawmakers. I really don't think you understand the relationship between California's prison system and its legislature, and that you're just repeating garden variety cable news talking points about California. I think the incredibly one sided op-ed you copied and pasted (without a link) is a further indication of this.

The CCPOA is a powerful lobby that has as much influence over the state legislature as any interest group, including the teachers' and nurses' unions. I would suggest anyone who disagrees just google it.

BTW, thank you for implying California's prison spending has been fiscally devastating. I couldn't agree more.

SoCalGangs,

DiLorenzo's point is that the California parole board is lenient, and that Suge Knight is making his plea decision to game it. You've written about this state enough to know how absurd that is.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954005
09/24/18 06:36 PM
09/24/18 06:36 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What a sad ending for Suge. Reading one of the LA Times articles, I see where he tells the judge that while in his cell, he tried do the "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is There" command to make someone appear, like the commercial. Reminds me of the Boxer Enriquez interview where he talks about how he jogs in place inside of his cell and pretends he's jogging through the neighborhood.

Enriquez should be pardoned, imo. After everything he's done for the state to help understand the workings of the Mexican Mafia, this state, which some people think is soft on prisoners, still won't let him see the light of day. Noted "tree hugger" Jerry Brown denied his release in 2017.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: SoCalGangs] #954011
09/24/18 11:36 PM
09/24/18 11:36 PM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss

I’m no lawyer and I honestly don’t know the details of the Suge Knight case, I was just speaking in general to your other question about wether or not gang members can testify against each other, which is in fact snitching. Although I know of several local cases where a gang member used self defense arguments in court, and in some of those cases it actually worked.

This is what I am saying: Suge got into a fight with two other gang members, one is dead, if the 2nd refuses to testify and identify Suge to the jury, he should have a real good shot at beating the case??

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954064
09/25/18 04:47 PM
09/25/18 04:47 PM
J
jace Offline OP
Underboss
jace  Offline OP
J
Underboss
So how much time will he wind up serving?

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954067
09/25/18 05:11 PM
09/25/18 05:11 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
It's California. He'll be out on good behavior in two weeks... You'll notice California prisons are empty because we don't keep anyone locked up here.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: BensonHURST] #954071
09/25/18 05:37 PM
09/25/18 05:37 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

This is what I am saying: Suge got into a fight with two other gang members, one is dead, if the 2nd refuses to testify and identify Suge to the jury, he should have a real good shot at beating the case??

Sounds like a good question for a defense lawyer.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #954218
09/27/18 04:45 PM
09/27/18 04:45 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
There’s always someone trying to discredit someone lol. Regardless of a failed football career this guy was a murdering gangster. The stuff I read about him is disgusting. Maybe he would’ve left the gangster stuff alone if he made it big with the football.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #1029944
02/14/22 04:52 AM
02/14/22 04:52 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Will Suge Knight’s attorney follow the rap mogul to prison?

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-attorney-follow-the-rap-mogul-to-prison

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Suge Knight [Re: Hollander] #1030246
02/19/22 04:21 PM
02/19/22 04:21 PM
E
Erratic Offline
Associate
Erratic  Offline
E
Associate
Suge was affiliated with some Bloods/Piru sets in Compton, I think Lueders Park Pirus and MOB Piru.

I don’t think he banged growing up, he was more focused on football from what I read, and played at UNLV. But I’m sure he grew up around them.

The guy he fought when he ended up killing the bystander was another Blood, he played the main Blood in Training Day who deals with Denzel’s character. Cle Sloan, he was also in the movie End of Watch and Brooklyn’s Finest. Apparently he was exchanging blows with Suge when Suge was in his car and Suge drove off and killed a local businessman.

According to the Murder Rap documentary, Suge paid a Blood named Poochie Fouse to kill Notorious BIG in 97’. Poochie got killed a few years later.

Last edited by Erratic; 02/19/22 04:23 PM.
Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #1030256
02/20/22 05:05 AM
02/20/22 05:05 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Cle Sloan or Bone as he's known in the street is from Athens Park, one of the most notorious Blood hoods in South LA. Many people (especially from the West Side of Compton) consider Athens Park a part of Compton. The reason being that the people who live there are almost all zoned to schools in the Compton Unified District.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Suge Knight [Re: Giacalone] #1030380
02/21/22 10:49 PM
02/21/22 10:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone
Cle Sloan or Bone as he's known in the street is from Athens Park, one of the most notorious Blood hoods in South LA. Many people (especially from the West Side of Compton) consider Athens Park a part of Compton. The reason being that the people who live there are almost all zoned to schools in the Compton Unified District.

At the beginning of the Bastards of the Party documentary Sloan says he claims both Athens and Jungle P Stones, and that the two are connected. This was in 2005 however.

Re: Suge Knight [Re: OakAsFan] #1030384
02/22/22 04:48 AM
02/22/22 04:48 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacalone

At the beginning of the Bastards of the Party documentary Sloan says he claims both Athens and Jungle P Stones, and that the two are connected. This was in 2005 however.

Yeah, the Jungles and AP are almost the same thing. They call them brother sets. I'm always reminded of South Side and Atlantic Drive that are pretty much indistinguishable at this point.

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: Suge Knight [Re: jace] #1030405
02/22/22 02:22 PM
02/22/22 02:22 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
His health will fail him and he'll die in prison long before parole comes around. Maybe they'll let him out into hospice.

That's my prediction anyway.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull