GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,202
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: jace] #951947
09/01/18 10:51 PM
09/01/18 10:51 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace
They have 2 outright Nazi's on there, one who puts up a Happy James Earl Ray Day profile picture every year on Martin Luther King Day.

Oh, they're here, too. Since SC booted a few of them the others have been quiet.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951948
09/01/18 10:52 PM
09/01/18 10:52 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
goddamn Trump trying to hire the illegals of this website and make them go to work on Blackhand wtf is that all about? racism much?

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: OakAsFan] #951949
09/01/18 10:54 PM
09/01/18 10:54 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
They have 2 outright Nazi's on there, one who puts up a Happy James Earl Ray Day profile picture every year on Martin Luther King Day.

Oh, they're here, too. Since SC booted a few of them the others have been quiet.

No, if you read what he actually said, he said "Nazi" not "Trump supporter" - SC made a fine point about politics, left or right. Let's get back on topic. Barney is a sneaky genius rich fuck

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951954
09/01/18 11:15 PM
09/01/18 11:15 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Yeah the posters at BH are just at a whole new level of researching. Pogo, Wiseguy, B, Chris Christie, Villain, the list goes on. Amazing researchers, not sure if they have other accounts on here.
I’m in no way a right wing guy, so I definitely disagree with certain members political views. But I don’t go there to discuss politics.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #951957
09/02/18 12:27 AM
09/02/18 12:27 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
Originally Posted by Strax
TheBlackHand forum is best forum for info out there,almost all good posters moved to there when RealDeal went down.

There information is no different than what is on here. The owner fo that site asks people for money to run it, then kicks them off if they argue with him. That site is a disgrace, but people from there keep trying to recruit form here to bring this site down and build that one up.

Have to disagree. The info and research that is done on that board is by far greater than was is posted here. Not trying to put down this place but it’s true. And from what I’ve seen the majority of posters on BH have nothing good to say about this site so the idea of them trying to recruit members from this board is a stretch.

The GBB is not in any competition with The Black Hand or any other message board. It was never the intention of the GBB to be a hangout for organized crime fans but those fans keep coming here anyway. As long as they abide by the Board's rules (which I believe to be very fair) all are welcome here. It's really not nice that some discuss the other boards here on the GBB and it's somewhat disrespectful to the owner to have that done.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: SC] #951959
09/02/18 12:42 AM
09/02/18 12:42 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by SC
TheBlackHand forum is best forum for info out there,almost all good posters moved to there when RealDeal went down.

There information is no different than what is on here. The owner fo that site asks people for money to run it, then kicks them off if they argue with him. That site is a disgrace, but people from there keep trying to recruit form here to bring this site down and build that one up.

Have to disagree. The info and research that is done on that board is by far greater than was is posted here. Not trying to put down this place but it’s true. And from what I’ve seen the majority of posters on BH have nothing good to say about this site so the idea of them trying to recruit members from this board is a stretch.

The GBB is not in any competition with The Black Hand or any other message board. It was never the intention of the GBB to be a hangout for organized crime fans but those fans keep coming here anyway. As long as they abide by the Board's rules (which I believe to be very fair) all are welcome here. It's really not nice that some discuss the other boards here on the GBB and it's somewhat disrespectful to the owner to have that done.

clapping emoji....

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951989
09/02/18 12:59 PM
09/02/18 12:59 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I was thinking about Joe Bonanno's book, and his comments about how the mafia should have only allowed Sicilians, and that branching out with other groups and making it all about money would only hurt the organization in the long run. Barney Bellomo's solid Sicilian ancestry, his low key style and his success might support Bonanno's argument.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951992
09/02/18 01:46 PM
09/02/18 01:46 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Barney had a lot of "uncles" in the life, plus he was an earner.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #951996
09/02/18 02:28 PM
09/02/18 02:28 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
How do you think he retained the success of his family, though, Giacomo? In this day and age, when the mob is considered to be a shell of its former self. It seems the Genovese are the last of the mohicans of the mob's golden age.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #952012
09/02/18 04:12 PM
09/02/18 04:12 PM
J
joestrong Offline
Wiseguy
joestrong  Offline
J
Wiseguy
Another thing, barney's of Sicilian heritage in a family that was traditionally Neapolitan. That's saying something with these provincial old-timers.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #952014
09/02/18 04:23 PM
09/02/18 04:23 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Luciano was Sicilian but it wasn't a source of pride for him or anything. After all, it was his idea to branch out with non-Italians and Jews and form a nationwide syndicate.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: OakAsFan] #952028
09/02/18 08:08 PM
09/02/18 08:08 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Luciano was Sicilian but it wasn't a source of pride for him or anything. After all, it was his idea to branch out with non-Italians and Jews and form a nationwide syndicate.

Yep, the story also goes that he wanted to get rid of the whole blood and fire ceremony, calling it antiquated. It supposedly was Lansky who told him to keep it because young men needed those traditions and rites of passage to be more committed to the organization / way of life..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #952029
09/02/18 08:34 PM
09/02/18 08:34 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

vincent fish cafaro taped him with 2 old genovese guys in 1986 87 buying 2 kilos of herion. theres some good times articles on it. fish made bail or the fbi gave him a sneaky pass cause he was held without bail when he was indcited with fat tony in late 86 early 87. he got released and started wearing the recorder. he bought 2 kilos of dope im positive it was from barney and some old guy the general. they were all indicted but with good lawyers and fish saying he wouldnt testify against barney the case fell apart and they dropped the case it was airtight but without the tapes and the witness that recorded them i dont think they could procede. that was lucky for barney also it didnt put him in chins deal an die spot. i dont believe chin was a deal and die boss. castellano thought he believed in it

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: OakAsFan] #952030
09/02/18 08:49 PM
09/02/18 08:49 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo

According to one researcher, I think it may have been Thom Jones or one of the contributors to onewal.com's 'writers of wrongs blog's 'Masseria had Jewish partners. IIRC an early informant told his SS handler that 'Masseria was laying low at one point because a Jewish partner he had had just been pinched'. Most of what we claim to know about the Prohibition era and pre Prohibition era is complete nonsense based on the actual info.

I believe it was the Godfather's docu that used to air on History channel all the time where the guy said he ran into Luciano at the airport in Naples. Luciano asked him to 'talk New York' with him. The guy asked Luciano what his dogs name was, to which he responds 'Bambie, I like fairy tales.' I've always wondered if he would have enjoyed how he has been turned into one.

Just about everything out about Luciano comes from The Last Testament, which researchers have all but confirmed is 90% bs. Don't get me wrong he is a interesting guy with a great history but people like us have more to do with the immortal status he has then he ever really did. Luciano and Capone are what got me into researching the Mafia, but once you understand the actual established facts compared to the legend its kind of a let down.

P.S. I ask posters who I believe can contribute to the bh to join all the time. Nothing against bb it's just the way it is. I'll say this about gbb tho, in all the years it has been in operation many forums have come and gone but gbb is still here. And always will be imo, it's a credit to Don Cardi for keeping this place going when others may have moved on by now.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 09/02/18 08:53 PM.
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: pmac] #952031
09/02/18 08:56 PM
09/02/18 08:56 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by pmac
vincent fish cafaro taped him with 2 old genovese guys in 1986 87 buying 2 kilos of herion. theres some good times articles on it. fish made bail or the fbi gave him a sneaky pass cause he was held without bail when he was indcited with fat tony in late 86 early 87. he got released and started wearing the recorder. he bought 2 kilos of dope im positive it was from barney and some old guy the general. they were all indicted but with good lawyers and fish saying he wouldnt testify against barney the case fell apart and they dropped the case it was airtight but without the tapes and the witness that recorded them i dont think they could procede. that was lucky for barney also it didnt put him in chins deal an die spot. i dont believe chin was a deal and die boss. castellano thought he believed in it

Is this when he out ran the feds with $200g on him?

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: BillyBrizzi] #952033
09/02/18 09:44 PM
09/02/18 09:44 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
Originally Posted by BillyBrizzi

Yep, the story also goes that he wanted to get rid of the whole blood and fire ceremony, calling it antiquated. It supposedly was Lansky who told him to keep it because young men needed those traditions and rites of passage to be more committed to the organization / way of life..

Very interesting.

It's a wonder why they didn't finish Lucky, though at the same time he had his uses so I can understand. In my opinion he contributed majorly to the decline of the Mob. He dealt in heroin, did business with outsiders. When you have greed like that you won't last as evident...

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #952035
09/02/18 09:51 PM
09/02/18 09:51 PM
J
Japseye1 Offline
BANNED
Japseye1  Offline
BANNED
J
Made Member
Especially when you don't have anything to commit to if they pulled the ceremony away. As Ralph said if there aren't rules then there's anarchy

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #952050
09/03/18 12:06 AM
09/03/18 12:06 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
i really wonder if he run things now or is it leo ?
also what about cirillo ? he is 90 if i remember correct which i guess he maybe consigliere or retired and maybe only give advice when
needed...
dichiara was the streets boss so probably someone took that position now that he passed away,
i wonder who that might be ? larry dentico ? ( he is too old too if i remember correct, so maybe he retired also) tuzzo ? antico ?
well that family is one big mystery that even scooby doo won't solve...

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #974574
07/08/19 08:24 AM
07/08/19 08:24 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
So Barney had his good friend/protege Ralph Cappola wacked back in 98 does anyone know about this and why he was killed?

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: streetbossliborio] #974577
07/08/19 08:32 AM
07/08/19 08:32 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Technically chin should’ve been whacked for messing the hit up on Costello. If it was Chicago chin would’ve been found in a car with his throat slashed within a week.

That's what I thought.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: OakAsFan] #974578
07/08/19 08:48 AM
07/08/19 08:48 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I was thinking about Joe Bonanno's book, and his comments about how the mafia should have only allowed Sicilians, and that branching out with other groups and making it all about money would only hurt the organization in the long run. Barney Bellomo's solid Sicilian ancestry, his low key style and his success might support Bonanno's argument.

That's hilarious if he really stated that, considering his role in bringing in the Calabrian Cotronis and Violi into his family and treating them with a great deal of respect.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: JoeTadaro] #974768
07/11/19 07:10 AM
07/11/19 07:10 AM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss
Originally Posted by JoeTadaro
So Barney had his good friend/protege Ralph Cappola wacked back in 98 does anyone know about this and why he was killed?

He got accused of skimming/withholding money from the family.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #974788
07/11/19 10:46 AM
07/11/19 10:46 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh barney couldnt save his friend ralph. The orders came from whoever was the acting boss in 97 98(frank serpico??). Im guessing when he plead guilty the end of 96 he probaly lost his acting boss/street pistion an went to a capo. He was charged with ralphs murder and it fell apart. The government had conflicting wire taps by there own witness clearing barney and they still charged him anyway. He was indicted 2 or 3 other times after his first 10yr deal in 1997. Guess hes been lucky now, hes been a free man for like 10 yrs. There's 1 conflicting report some guy recorded that capo rooster from ct. And says to him in 2015" dan leo isnt letting anyone in to the family" . same guy who recorded merlino. forgot name . So maybe Dan leos the boss and barneys 2.

Last edited by pmac; 07/11/19 11:04 AM.
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: pmac] #974795
07/11/19 11:50 AM
07/11/19 11:50 AM
J
JoeTadaro Offline
Made Member
JoeTadaro  Offline
J
Made Member
Yaeh barney couldnt save his friend ralph. The orders came from whoever was the acting boss in 97 98(frank serpico??). Im guessing when he plead guilty the end of 96 he probaly lost his acting boss/street pistion an went to a capo. He was charged with ralphs murder and it fell apart. The government had conflicting wire taps by there own witness clearing barney and they still charged him anyway. He was indicted 2 or 3 other times after his first 10yr deal in 1997. Guess hes been lucky now, hes been a free man for like 10 yrs. There's 1 conflicting report some guy recorded that capo rooster from ct. And says to him in 2015" dan leo isnt letting anyone in to the family" . same guy who recorded merlino. forgot name . So maybe Dan leos the boss and barneys 2.

Thanks pmac wasn’t to sure how it all went down. I’d love to know more about Barney but there isn’t much out there about him and I’m sure that’s how he wants it

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: SC] #974797
07/11/19 12:00 PM
07/11/19 12:00 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Originally Posted by SC

Yes but blackhand member consider the GBB forum and the members a joke and stupid so there competition.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: pmac] #974809
07/11/19 03:21 PM
07/11/19 03:21 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK

They tried quite hard to get barney on the life instalment plan and failed. They usually reserve that plan for their power within the family and/or to make a statement

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: pmac] #974829
07/11/19 10:33 PM
07/11/19 10:33 PM
N
Neo Offline
Underboss
Neo  Offline
N
Underboss

Frank Serpico was jealous of the younger big earners like Ralph, so he okayed the hit

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #976569
08/07/19 08:20 AM
08/07/19 08:20 AM
Gustavo Offline
Wiseguy
Gustavo  Offline
Wiseguy
This Barney was never involved in any drug trafficking...that was his double cousin Liborio T who is 4 years older. Often mistaken for each other.

Last edited by Gustavo; 08/07/19 08:29 AM.
Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: furio_from_naples] #976579
08/07/19 11:33 AM
08/07/19 11:33 AM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

No vincent cafaro who sponcerd this barney for induction recorded him in 87 buying 2 kilos of herion off him and 2 other old genovese guys theres a bunch of old times articles on it. Fish wore a wire and recorded it. Come to trial he wouldnt testify or flat out lied i forgot the lawyers got them off.

Re: Why Barney Bellomo was so lucky? [Re: pmac] #976586
08/07/19 01:07 PM
08/07/19 01:07 PM
Gustavo Offline
Wiseguy
Gustavo  Offline
Wiseguy
no it was the cousin...you can even see the the DOB of Liborio T on the indictment...Trust me. it was NOT this Barney. I am 1000% positive. The other guys you are referring to I know who you mean...but Liborio T was their partner not this guy..In 1988 the article even says Laborio Bellomo 33...ths Liborio was only 31. I made mistake they are 2 years apart always being confused with one another. The cousin was found guilty and served time for this. Liborio S Bellomo was arrested in 1996. prior to that he was arrested when he was 16. He was not arrested in the 1980's. this is a big mistake ppl go around saying.

Last edited by Gustavo; 08/07/19 01:13 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull