GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 117 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #948953
08/01/18 06:55 PM
08/01/18 06:55 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Thanks again little king much appreciated. Will check the Allan may one out now. I find the Mary Ferrell one too hard to use.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #948965
08/01/18 10:04 PM
08/01/18 10:04 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Edmond Valin is a guy in Canada who makes guesses at who the rat is in his Rat Trap articles, he has nothing at all to go by for certain. He also has a noted tendency to pick the highest person he can as his suspected rat, and blends actual reports that don't name the informer with his opinions where he gives the name of the informer as if it's fact.
Just another of a million people with blogs who think they are experts.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #948967
08/01/18 10:40 PM
08/01/18 10:40 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Originally Posted by jace
Edmond Valin is a guy in Canada who makes guesses at who the rat is in his Rat Trap articles, he has nothing at all to go by for certain. He also has a noted tendency to pick the highest person he can as his suspected rat, and blends actual reports that don't name the informer with his opinions where he gives the name of the informer as if it's fact.

If you are referring to him outing Bill Bonanno then he is right. Bill Bonanno was indeed an informant for the FBI. As far as I know, he might stamp his name on the article, but there are others helping him.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #948968
08/01/18 11:12 PM
08/01/18 11:12 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari

If you are referring to him outing Bill Bonanno then he is right. Bill Bonanno was indeed an informant for the FBI. As far as I know, he might stamp his name on the article, but there are others helping him.

No, Bonanno was an informant later in life, I agree. I was referring to the bloggers other stories I read. He would take a vague snippet of a document and twist it to fit his own narrative.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #948979
08/02/18 03:17 AM
08/02/18 03:17 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar

No, Bonanno was an informant later in life, I agree. I was referring to the bloggers other stories I read. He would take a vague snippet of a document and twist it to fit his own narrative.

Bill Bonanno became an informant during the Bonanno war, he was approached, but declined then in the fall when Joe Bonanno disappeared, he became an informant, then when Joe reappeared he stopped, and only gave vague details and information after that. Bill Bonanno was an informant before he even published his book.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #948996
08/02/18 10:43 AM
08/02/18 10:43 AM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Thanks again little king much appreciated. Will check the Allan may one out now. I find the Mary Ferrell one too hard to use.

When searching FBI files it helps to be very specific. You rarely will find long drawn out 'article type' entries but the info you do find is interesting.

The articles are atleast entertaining. But you are right, there is no way to be 100% correct when attributing the info to someone. He does his best to make his point strong though.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #949036
08/02/18 06:59 PM
08/02/18 06:59 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Be Rat Trap article out today on Lefty Rosenthal

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #949037
08/02/18 07:27 PM
08/02/18 07:27 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

post a link cant find a rat trap .com just pops up literal rat traps

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: pmac] #949038
08/02/18 07:57 PM
08/02/18 07:57 PM
K
Capo
K
Capo
Originally Posted by pmac
post a link cant find a rat trap .com just pops up literal rat traps

Go to onewal.com

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 08/02/18 07:59 PM.
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #949112
08/03/18 03:33 PM
08/03/18 03:33 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
The Rat Trap article about Gambino Family rats was great

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: kingoflittlenewyork] #949144
08/03/18 07:19 PM
08/03/18 07:19 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
Allan may short stories are brilliant FYI thanks again for the shout mate

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: MightyDR] #949163
08/03/18 10:41 PM
08/03/18 10:41 PM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by MightyDR

The one on Carmine Lombardozzi makes no sense, since he was pursued till the day he died by both the FBI and police, he kept doing time, and had one case after another in court in the last years of his activity. The blogger puts a few tidbits of info from various files together, and decides on his own that Carmine Lombardozzi was a source, he then puts it on a blog where it gets picked up by people online who just go with the story.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #949169
08/04/18 12:10 AM
08/04/18 12:10 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar

The one on Carmine Lombardozzi makes no sense, since he was pursued till the day he died by both the FBI and police, he kept doing time, and had one case after another in court in the last years of his activity. The blogger puts a few tidbits of info from various files together, and decides on his own that Carmine Lombardozzi was a source, he then puts it on a blog where it gets picked up by people online who just go with the story.

I too don't believe Lombardozzi was an informant, I think it was a soldier in his crew or at the very least, someone who knew Carmine.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #949170
08/04/18 12:18 AM
08/04/18 12:18 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss

I too don't believe Lombardozzi was an informant, I think it was a soldier in his crew or at the very least, someone who knew Carmine.

That makes the most sense.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #949175
08/04/18 05:05 AM
08/04/18 05:05 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

In ´ndrangheta it´s allowed for a Santista (highranking member) to report some criminals to the police in order to prevent feuds and murders.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #949188
08/04/18 12:12 PM
08/04/18 12:12 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
In ´ndrangheta it´s allowed for a Santista (highranking member) to report some criminals to the police in order to prevent feuds and murders.

in fact sicilian mafia members always considered ndranghetisti prone to be informants, ndrangheta is not the most secretive criminal group, since the beginning it was by far less secretive than sicilian mafia, sicilian mafia has more informant only because italian government go after it heavily after 1992

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #949219
08/04/18 06:37 PM
08/04/18 06:37 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss

Good points jace. I didn't actually know Lombardozzi was pursued beyond the 60s and 70s.

Still, good to read info from a Gambino Family source from that era, whoever it was.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #951075
08/23/18 12:09 AM
08/23/18 12:09 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

This 'Snake' of a Mafia Boss Was First Accused of Murder At 17

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/...a-boss-was-first-accused-of-murder-at-17

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Hollander] #951077
08/23/18 12:27 AM
08/23/18 12:27 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

Good article. You could nitpick a few incorrect statements there but overall it seems both DiMatteo and Benson know their shit. Looking forward to the book.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #951079
08/23/18 12:58 AM
08/23/18 12:58 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Frank Dimatteo strikes me as a man exaggerating and lying about his knowledge. Everything he says about Persico, form the Garfield Boys gang to his early arrests have been in older books or discussed multiple times on the internet. He grew up near the Gallos, but was not in their crew or close enough to know as much as he claims. I doubt he even knew Persico. Maybe he said hello to him once as a teen, that is not enough to fill a book. He'll still do it and make money.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #951082
08/23/18 01:17 AM
08/23/18 01:17 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Frank Dimatteo strikes me as a man exaggerating and lying about his knowledge. Everything he says about Persico, form the Garfield Boys gang to his early arrests have been in older books or discussed multiple times on the internet. He grew up near the Gallos, but was not in their crew or close enough to know as much as he claims. I doubt he even knew Persico. Maybe he said hello to him once as a teen, that is not enough to fill a book. He'll still do it and make money.

He indicated in that article that he didn't know Persico but, due to his being around the Gallo crew, was raised to think Persico was a "rat." I've never read his first book so I have no idea how much he claims to have seen or heard. It helps that Michael Benson, a researcher, is there to help him write the book.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: NickyfromTampa] #951084
08/23/18 01:22 AM
08/23/18 01:22 AM
J
jace Offline
Suspended
jace  Offline
Suspended
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

He indicated in that article that he didn't know Persico but, due to his being around the Gallo crew, was raised to think Persico was a "rat." I've never read his first book so I have no idea how much he claims to have seen or heard. It helps that Michael Benson, a researcher, is there to help him write the book.

I the has Benson as a researcher, and I assume he is a good one, do you think the research will play a bigger part than DiMatteo's own knowledge? DiMatteo already wrote a book and has published many articles in his own magazine, I just can't believe him anymore. I looked at the article and everything he says is old news known for years.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #951090
08/23/18 05:01 AM
08/23/18 05:01 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

I the has Benson as a researcher, and I assume he is a good one, do you think the research will play a bigger part than DiMatteo's own knowledge? DiMatteo already wrote a book and has published many articles in his own magazine, I just can't believe him anymore. I looked at the article and everything he says is old news known for years.

You're right, everything in that article is pretty much common knowledge. I guess this book will just cater to people who don't know much about Junior already. I doubt DiMatteo or Benson can offer any new, groundbreaking information unless they interview people who knew Carmine or FBI agents who listened to him.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Hollander] #951205
08/24/18 03:27 PM
08/24/18 03:27 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander

Thanks for that one Hollander. I'm apprehensive about checking out the book for the reasons other posters have mentioned, but will probably still end up buying it just in case there is any new info. Great pic of lil Carmine lol

Last edited by MightyDR; 08/24/18 03:28 PM.
Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: Tonytough] #951225
08/24/18 10:44 PM
08/24/18 10:44 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

I wonder where the carmine wants to go on 60mins and do a interview started. He gets 100yrs in 1987 hes still calling shots from lompoc. He order a handfull of hits the family loyaly did even killed a d.a.s dad. He appoints orena acting boss in 89. Where did the rumor come from. If he wanted to do a 60 min interview they would have been at the prison the next day. He seen what happen to joe bonanno.

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: pmac] #951263
08/25/18 06:33 PM
08/25/18 06:33 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
I wonder where the carmine wants to go on 60mins and do a interview started. He gets 100yrs in 1987 hes still calling shots from lompoc. He order a handfull of hits the family loyaly did even killed a d.a.s dad. He appoints orena acting boss in 89. Where did the rumor come from. If he wanted to do a 60 min interview they would have been at the prison the next day. He seen what happen to joe bonanno.

Joe bonnano was snitching on people and tried to make it look like he wasn't. He was an original boss so he knew better

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: jace] #954504
10/02/18 12:55 PM
10/02/18 12:55 PM
T
thecooler Offline
Wiseguy
thecooler  Offline
T
Wiseguy

I appreciate your succinct characterization of me.

Show me where I tripped up? I'd be happy to make any changes. Ed Valin

Re: Isn’t Carmine Persico considered a prison [Re: pmac] #954516
10/02/18 03:24 PM
10/02/18 03:24 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

PMac the stuff that is made up in our life is just the same in that life so so many things that are media soldiers hand around guys alone is out of control.

If there is any truths to that kind of stuff like if a reporter over herd someone in Carmines camp say jokingly we should go on sixty minutes and there you go ! They will run with it .... just like Scarfo banished to Atlantic City and 10 paper clips quote WTF.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull