GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (JGil916), 116 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,712
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,281
Posts1,057,757
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #943982
06/17/18 01:48 AM
06/17/18 01:48 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
I finally had time and watched it from the beginning to the end of the first half, and had some thoughts.

Bruce Cutler was getting into something regarding the Castelllano hit but was cut off mid sentence in the editing. I would like to have heard more from him.

I like TJ English, but some of the things he said were off the wall insane. "The Gambino Family had 2,500 members". and "The Mafia was involved in America from it's beginning"

After Gotti was acquitted in one trail, they show the fireworks show he put on every year. However they made it look as if the fireworks were put on by his friends and the neighborhood for his acquittal, which is very deceptive.

Reporter and writer Murray Weiss came off well.

I would like to have heard more transcripts.

Finally, the Five Family charts of retired detective Remo Franceschini were shown often, but I think another person who found them on the internet and put them up on a site was given credit for them.

Last edited by jace; 06/17/18 01:50 AM.
Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: jace] #943984
06/17/18 03:29 AM
06/17/18 03:29 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by jace
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by jace
Jace

No disrespect, but I think I'll take what the Feds say, and what neighbors who weren't mobbed up say, over you. You come across like you have an agenda.

Just to make it clear, even if Favara did have loud parties, unlikely as neighbors said he was an introverted person, that doesn't give the right for criminals to sadistically torture him like animals.

I've had bad things done to me in my life. I won't stab or shoot anyone over it, though.

Behaving rationally is what separates us from animals.

Of all the people on all the forums on the internet, you are the last one who should be saying anyone has an agenda.

What agenda? That the mafia shouldn't be allowed kill innocent, law-abiding people willy-nilly?

What agenda?? Well, you attack anything said on the story that shows Gotti in anything resembling. positive light, as you do on every topic about t the mob. You want Joey Merlino in prison because his smile angers you for some reason (Maybe you're toothless.) Every time an alleged mob figure's death is announced, you make stupid and tasteless remarks about them.

When have I ever said anything about Joey Merlino's smile?!

And I'm sorry for my insensitive comments about serial killers and criminals.

How thoughtless of me.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #943985
06/17/18 03:30 AM
06/17/18 03:30 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Gotti putting on fireworks, never out of his own pocket, was never done for altruistic reasons.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: Japseye1] #943987
06/17/18 05:26 AM
06/17/18 05:26 AM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Japseye1
Originally Posted by Mukremin
Originally Posted by Sal_Bronte
Originally Posted by Mukremin
just noticed my name is on the credits smile

that really is pretty cool tho. good work

yeah love it smile thanks man

Muk you could probably make somewhat of a living or money on the side by helping out documentaries etc

nice tho. Lucky bastard lol

Haha i wish, would be nice to earn good money with it smile
Lucky me grin

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: Moe_Tilden] #944016
06/17/18 11:24 AM
06/17/18 11:24 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Gotti putting on fireworks, never out of his own pocket, was never done for altruistic reasons.

There you go again. Not a clue, but throwing your feelings on Gotti into things, and trying desperetly to push your agenda.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #944023
06/17/18 01:10 PM
06/17/18 01:10 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Overall i thought it was a good doc. Although there wasnt anything really new except for the 1999 ,metting between father and son which ive only seen small samples of before . I liked how they focused on people who were important in gottis criminal career like fatico,neil,willie boy. Im surprised they didnt talk more about angelo and the falling out between him and gotti. Of course there were the usual lies like how the mcbratney hit went and angel retelling victorias fairytale about favara. But overall i liked the second half better because we got more info on junior that we didnt know during his reign as boss

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #944051
06/17/18 06:33 PM
06/17/18 06:33 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

agree jcrush. he should have shopped it to netflix made it maybe a 8part go in depth. they jumped all over the place and esp..... jr 3 or 4 mistrials. they didnt go into any of the witnesses and defense or why the gov wasted so mch time n money on jr. i'd watch the whole 99 interview between father n son. gotti sr is must see tv hes fucking nuts, hope that gets put up on youtube but i have a feeling jr has the only copy and theres probaly alot of imbarishing shit on it. parts where sr just chews him out but says do what you got to do at the end. he was rite to he said just cause you plead guilty theyll still keep going after you he was so rite.

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #944052
06/17/18 06:34 PM
06/17/18 06:34 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

wow alot of hecklers at the us open today love it

Re: NEW GOTTI SHOW ON TONIGHT [Re: bronx] #944216
06/19/18 05:08 PM
06/19/18 05:08 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Finally, Gotti’s shabby aesthetic and narrative shortcomings are outweighed by its more drastically questionable moral ones. Connolly’s film may be the first mainstream mafia biopic to overtly take the underworld’s side in its rise-and-fall story: a sympathetic stance was to be expected given that it’s adapted from Gotti Jr’s own self-published memoir, but it’s still somewhat startling to see the film-makers fully buying their subject’s account of events, from its portrayal of Gotti as a doting family man, the bulk of whose criminal acts are kept off-screen, to its chastisement of the government for alleged ill-treatment of the Gottis during their respective trials, to an inadvertently hilarious closing montage of real-life supporters singing the Don’s praises (“Everybody knows he was a good man”). And that’s before our man Pitbull conclusively raps his praises as the credits roll: “Dapper Don / I called him Dad / Giant in my eyes / Legend of a man”. If a certain other contentiously powerful New Yorker is commissioning a biopic any time soon, he might want to check this out – Travolta as Trump, anyone?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/15/gotti-john-travolta-eight-most-criminally-awful-things

Likewise, one of the most interesting, and perhaps telling, episodes of the John Gotti saga was the time his neighbor, John Favara, hit Gotti’s son Frank with his car and killed the boy. The death was ruled accidental and Favara tried to apologize but was allegedly threatened, beaten, kidnapped, and disappeared. According to some, he was dissolved in acid. Even the guy who witnessed Favara’s kidnapping had to sell his diner and skip town. The incident says a lot about what it must’ve been like to live near a guy like John Gotti — imagine being anyone who had to bring him bad news — but in the film, the entire story is relayed via an old news report, the ultimate example of telling rather than showing. We don’t get to see any of it, but we do get an inexplicable scene of Victoria Gotti breaking furniture in a room off-screen, and another of John Gotti crying to an associate “He was 12 yeahs old! He didn’t even have hair on his prick!”

One of Gotti‘s few recognizable through lines is that John Gotti Jr. (played by Spencer Lofranco) is actually a great guy, which is probably not surprising for a film whose production began with the purchase of Gotti Jr’s life rights. A biopic told from the clearly biased perspective of whichever surviving real-life figure participated in it is nothing new (Straight Outta Compton and All Eyez On Me also come to mind) but the phenomenon reaches new heights of transparency in Gotti. The movie, which had previously been about John Gotti Sr. (ostensibly) in the last 10 minutes turns into the saga of John Jr’s unfair treatment at the hands of the US justice system. “The government were the real gangsters,” Victoria Gotti says, exegetically.

It’s one of Gotti‘s many emblematic lines, describing something we never actually saw happen and delivering a statement that doesn’t actually mean anything but sounds vaguely profound to a dumb person. He showed the world who’s boss!

https://uproxx.com/movies/gotti-review-john-travolta/2/

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull