GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DiLorenzo, Ciment), 111 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,838
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena #942709
06/07/18 10:37 PM
06/07/18 10:37 PM
S
Slimshady Offline OP
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Lets imagine that in 1991 Carmine Persico steps down as boss of the colombos, giving the official boss position to vic orena. With that happening and the third colombo war being avoided, what would u imagine happen with the colombos?

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942717
06/08/18 01:48 AM
06/08/18 01:48 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Carmine Persico would probably be out of prison by now like Christy Tick... If the feds can prove he had ANYTHING to do with the war from behind bars, he won't get out. And there is probably a lot of rats like Carmine Sessa that could say that he was.

If you look at all the bosses of the 1990s in New York, none of them really came out without incarceration. Vic Orena was never a particularly low-key guy, so I would assume that he wouldn't make it to the new millenium without being busted.

There would probably be greater control over the Cement and Concrete Workers' Union. Joseph Scopo was Vic Orena's underboss until he was whacked in '93, and him and Ralph Scopo Jr. continued controlling the union following Ralph Sr.'s 1986 life sentence. But Joe was whacked, and Ralph Jr., whilst not "shelved," was only truly brought back into the fold when Paulie Guns Bevacqua introduced them in 2009, if I recall correctly. That's a double-edged sword because, whilst Ralph Jr. ran the unions in the 1990s without attracting any attention, if the entire family had their claws in, it might be easier for the feds to bust.

Wild Bill Cutolo, personality-wise, was a lot like Vinny Gorgeous and John Gotti, and, if you've read Larry Mazza's book, you know he wasn't interested in staying low-key. He surrounded himself with so many people that, had the feds properly investigated him, they could probably cultivate a few rats, bug a few phones, make a decent case out of him. The '90s were simply not a time when mobsters could be loud and brash like he, and many others, were. But he had an incredibly large, young, and violent crew under him, similar to the Scarpas. Nowadays, a lot of Scarpa guys that were in the early 20s in the war are now being made and are soon going to be the family's "middle-management." Larry Sessa, Danny Capaldo, Joey Savarese, Big Anthony Russo are some notable examples. I think that if the war were never to happen and Cutolo was never whacked, it would be a similar situation with the young Cutolo crew guys.

I don't know what would happen to Carmine Persico's relatives. You have to remember that Vic Orena was actually a cousin of the Persicos. Maybe if it was a completely peaceful solution, with Carmine respectfully standing down, the Persicos (and Russos) would still be in good shape. Perhaps Little Allie Boy would be made underboss?

As Larry Mazza described, Vic Orena was disgruntling those in the Persico ranks before the war by emphasizing inductions on Queens guys. He also made his sons, and inducted a lot of New Jersey guys. Sal Profaci's crew was only disbanded due to the war. Off the top of my head, these are some of the many consequences I can think of.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942720
06/08/18 04:30 AM
06/08/18 04:30 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Originally Posted by Slimshady
Lets imagine that in 1991 Carmine Persico steps down as boss of the colombos, giving the official boss position to vic orena. With that happening and the third colombo war being avoided, what would u imagine happen with the colombos?

Twelve people, including three innocent bystanders, died in this gang war, and 18 associates have never been seen again.More than 80 made members and associates from both sides of the Colombo family were convicted, jailed or indicted. 

The Colombo under Orena wouldn't be kicked out of Commission and can continue bussiness with the other families and Orena would made new members so the family could have almost 150 made men and a nj crew.
I dont think that Persico would out like Furnari because he is a boss.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: furio_from_naples] #942723
06/08/18 05:06 AM
06/08/18 05:06 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

Twelve people, including three innocent bystanders, died in this gang war, and 18 associates have never been seen again.More than 80 made members and associates from both sides of the Colombo family were convicted, jailed or indicted. 

The Colombo under Orena wouldn't be kicked out of Commission and can continue bussiness with the other families and Orena would made new members so the family could have almost 150 made men and a nj crew.
I dont think that Persico would out like Furnari because he is a boss.

No, because Slim specifically said "what if Carmine Persico steps down as boss of the colombos"

Also, I sort of disagree. Every family in the 1990s ended up suffering APART from the Bonannos, probably due to:
1. The Bonannos were the only family without a dedicated FBI squad (remember it was disbanded when the Bonannos were kicked off the Commission)
2. The family spent the 80s and early 90s avoiding other families, and therefore they weren't taken down by the OTHER families' rats and investigations.
3. Joe Massino was a really smart guy.

The Colombos still had a dedicated FBI squad on their ass, so they would probably go the way of the other three families. Also, they have always worked with other families, so other investigations would continue to hurt them. Vic Orena... he's smart, sure, but I don't know if he's in the same league as Joe Massino. The Orena faction was responsible for some huge fuckups and lost despite the overwhelming numbers advantage, which wasn't entirely his fault, but still.

Also, the Colombos were at 101 made members in 1987. That decreased after the war because they were barred by the Commission for making new members.
I think that to assume the Colombos would have gone from 101 members to 150 members (which is, according to Al D'Arco, the families' cap), is a bit of a stretch considering all other families (except the Massino family) were hurting for numbers in the 1990s because of the multitude of problems that the 90s presented.

But, yes, I 100% agree their NJ crew would still be active, and I also believe they would still have a presence in Queens, unlike today where their present is diminished (albeit still there).

The Colombos today are very centralized, and very concentrated in Brooklyn (Long Island, Staten Island and Florida to a lesser extent). Andy Russo's reign proves how centralized it is. Regular capos' meetings and various crew members and capos intermingling much more than I've seen for the other families.

Meanwhile, I think with Vic Orena, it would be a bit more branched out across Brooklyn, Staten Island (the Amatos would probably be stronger because they were SI-based Orena guys), Long Island (Franzese would be active either way), New Jersey (Sal Profaci, Tom Petrizzo, etc.), Queens (Joe Scopo, Ralph Lombardo, Joe Baudanza), and Florida (Tom Farese). Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is up to interpretation.

I think the one good thing about the Persico's extended family in charge is that they don't rat. Look at Teddy Persico Jr. The guy has spent pretty much his entire life in the can and never ratted. Little Allie Boy spent huge stretches in prison. Teddy Persico Sr. The Russo Boys (JoJo and Chucky).

This is all speculation, so it's not like there is any way of proving what I've said.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942744
06/08/18 10:22 AM
06/08/18 10:22 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
For sure not 150 but from 1991 to 1999 Orena would made new men maybe 10 or 20 at least.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942768
06/08/18 02:41 PM
06/08/18 02:41 PM
S
Slimshady Offline OP
Made Member
Slimshady  Offline OP
S
Made Member
Off topic, but why did vic orena order the murder of colombo capo vincent jimmy angelino?

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942769
06/08/18 02:51 PM
06/08/18 02:51 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

carmine orderd it.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942770
06/08/18 02:53 PM
06/08/18 02:53 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Off topic, but why did vic orena order the murder of colombo capo vincent jimmy angelino?

Vic didn't want him as acting boss. He saw him as a problem and many felt Jimmy wanted to run the show all by himself. The Persicos were also afraid they'd lose power if Jimmy got too popular.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942774
06/08/18 03:13 PM
06/08/18 03:13 PM
H
Homers77 Offline
Made Member
Homers77  Offline
H
Made Member
If Vic had the numbers and his crew was so young and violent why did they end up losing? Lol

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942777
06/08/18 04:02 PM
06/08/18 04:02 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

that book a deal with the devil about scarpa goes into length about it. people liked the guy jimmy, persicos felt threatend. vic couldnt kill another made guy especially the consig without carmine ok. sessa pulled the trigger and took over the consig spot even thou he was only indcuted 2yrs earlier in 1987.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Homers77] #942779
06/08/18 04:13 PM
06/08/18 04:13 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Homers77
If Vic had the numbers and his crew was so young and violent why did they end up losing? Lol

Compared to the Persico faction, Vic's crew wasn't particularly that much more young and violent, I was just saying that Wild Bill's crew was, just like the Scarpa crew.
Little Vic lost despite the overwhelming numbers partially due to the fact that Lin DeVecchio was allegedly able to provide assistance on the whereabouts of some Orena members that were hiding out.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Homers77] #942791
06/08/18 06:25 PM
06/08/18 06:25 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

Orena get the numbers but the snake persico had the tought guys like scarpa and (more important) went the war turn bad for orena many men changed side and when orena was arrested was the end.Scarpa used devecchio for gain informations on the orena loyalists and for protect him by the police while the orena loyalists was arrested.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942804
06/08/18 09:49 PM
06/08/18 09:49 PM
H
Homers77 Offline
Made Member
Homers77  Offline
H
Made Member
Thanks for the responses guys and that makes sense and I forgot about Scarpa....

Not that I “like” any of the Mafia families but I was never that interested in the Columbos (interested is a better word then liked ha)...

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: NickyfromTampa] #942805
06/08/18 09:55 PM
06/08/18 09:55 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

Compared to the Persico faction, Vic's crew wasn't particularly that much more young and violent, I was just saying that Wild Bill's crew was, just like the Scarpa crew.
Little Vic lost despite the overwhelming numbers partially due to the fact that Lin DeVecchio was allegedly able to provide assistance on the whereabouts of some Orena members that were hiding out.

Exactly. I'll bet Lin DeVecchio gave info more than we know, and covered for the side Greg Scarpa on many occasions.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942809
06/08/18 10:19 PM
06/08/18 10:19 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
@ Homers, because he has no idea what hes talking about. Just sweeping statements that possibly someone might believeas the facts.

Dont worry about what Im doing
Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: The_Rooster] #942832
06/09/18 02:35 AM
06/09/18 02:35 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by The_Rooster
@ Homers, because he has no idea what hes talking about. Just sweeping statements that possibly someone might believeas the facts.

As I said earlier, my information on Wild Bill's crew and personality is from Larry Mazza's book, 'The Life,' which is a great read if anyone is interested. Mazza recalls many instances of visiting Cutolo's social club where dozens and dozens of young crew members hang out like an entourage, and talks about how Cutolo didn't care who was around him, as long as he had a crowd. I think Mazza accused the Iannaci Bros. of being crackheads, and they were some of Cutolo's top guys, for instance. This is similar to the Scarpa crew in the sense that there were many young, drug-addled, violent guys looking to make a name for themselves.

Let me know if you've got any more concerns, Rooster. In the meantime, do you have anything to add to this conversation? Any speculations and insights? If not, leave this thread, because one of the things that makes me not want to post on GBB is because I know that you'll always chime in just to flame and start arguments.

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 06/09/18 02:41 AM.
Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: NickyfromTampa] #942834
06/09/18 03:34 AM
06/09/18 03:34 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by The_Rooster

Let me know if you've got any more concerns, Rooster. In the meantime, do you have anything to add to this conversation? Any speculations and insights? If not, leave this thread, because one of the things that makes me not want to post on GBB is because I know that you'll always chime in just to flame and start arguments.

NickyfromTampa and The_Rooster, are you two married (to each other)? You sure act as a married couple, fighting all the time. It's getting ridiculous between the both of you. Neither will admit to this pissing contest you have and it's becoming old and quite frankly boring already... Until the Board management can decide on how to handle this sandbox act in an equitable manner the two of you are to ignore each other here in public on the boards. If you both can't act as adults you'll both be treated as children. One word of warning - do NOT start pointing fingers at each other now and claim the other one of you started it.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942835
06/09/18 03:44 AM
06/09/18 03:44 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Also, I would like to add that the Colombo Bros. (the sons of Joseph Colombo Sr.) left the family following the Orena war, because they refused to come back into the fold. This was detailed in their March 2004 indictment. They had some impressive rackets going on in Manhattan and upstate NY, including pretty sophisticated construction shakedowns. According to Gang Land News, they also had sitdowns with other families over gambling & loansharking turf, despite being shelved by the Persico admin. All I'm saying is, if they could do all that as an independent entity, imagine what they could achieve with the blessing and support of the entire crime family. Since Anthony Colombo, the eldest son, was the de-facto capo of the shelved Colombo Bros. crew in the '90s, I assume he'd be a capo if Orena had been able to peacefully get the 'boss' title.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942837
06/09/18 05:08 AM
06/09/18 05:08 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
What I find the Colombos to be clowns and hypocrites. Junior Persico is keeping the throne of the Colombo borgata for his own family. This isn't a monarchy. I can't believe the Colombo soldiers would comstantly eat **** from Carmine barking orders from California. This thing doesn't pass from father to son, it should be the best man for the job.

Could you imagine if Carlo Gambino on his deathbed instead of the original mistake he made, what if he made his son Thomas the new boss? $ wise it isn't comparable, Tommy Gambino made Little Allie Boy look like a corner store hustler. But don Carlo realized at least somewhat that you can't let nepotism go fully to your head.

But my whole point was that ok, let's say the Persicos want to treat their borgata like a monarchy. Well what about Sally Profaci? The son of the founder. He was backing Vic Orena on the wire tap. He wasn't backing himself because his father was Joe Profaci and that since his father was boss that now he should be. What I don't understand is how did Persico win the war? Was it all due to Scarpa and DelVechio? Selwyn Raab made it seem that out of the 125 Colombo button me, 4/5ths were pro Orena. And the other 1/5th backing Persico were literally just his blood relatives. How did he maintain control?

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: WhackWhack] #942840
06/09/18 05:41 AM
06/09/18 05:41 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by WhackWhack
What I find the Colombos to be clowns and hypocrites. Junior Persico is keeping the throne of the Colombo borgata for his own family. This isn't a monarchy. I can't believe the Colombo soldiers would comstantly eat **** from Carmine barking orders from California. This thing doesn't pass from father to son, it should be the best man for the job.

Could you imagine if Carlo Gambino on his deathbed instead of the original mistake he made, what if he made his son Thomas the new boss? $ wise it isn't comparable, Tommy Gambino made Little Allie Boy look like a corner store hustler. But don Carlo realized at least somewhat that you can't let nepotism go fully to your head.

But my whole point was that ok, let's say the Persicos want to treat their borgata like a monarchy. Well what about Sally Profaci? The son of the founder. He was backing Vic Orena on the wire tap. He wasn't backing himself because his father was Joe Profaci and that since his father was boss that now he should be. What I don't understand is how did Persico win the war? Was it all due to Scarpa and DelVechio? Selwyn Raab made it seem that out of the 125 Colombo button me, 4/5ths were pro Orena. And the other 1/5th backing Persico were literally just his blood relatives. How did he maintain control?

The best way to put it would be to say the FEDS won that war.

But essentially, the Persicos were the last men standing because the Persico men went on the run for a few years, and were therefore able to (in a limited capacity) interact with their street soldiers. Many say that DeVecchio tipped Scarpa off, who tipped his other men off, which led to them going on the lam. Meanwhile, Vic's guys didn't get to lam it. So all of the top brass of the Orena side were behind bars, and the Persico side were still holding regular meetings (according to Larry Mazza), not mention the fact that (possibly due to Scarpa again), many of the young Scarpa hoods were still out on the streets. Johnny Pappa, Eric Curcio, Fat Larry Sessa, Fat Danny Capaldo, Larry Mazza, Jimmy Del'Masto, Larry Fiorenza, Tommy McLaughlin, Tommy Gioeli, Dino Calabro, Dino Saracino, Joey Caves, Dean Gargagliano, Joey Brains, Frankie Blue Eyes, Joe Saverese(?), Big Anthony Russo, Big Frank Guerra were all on the streets in 91' and '92, and they were out every day looking for victims. I think Fiorenza, Mazza, Del'Masto, Joey Brains, and Frankie Blue Eyes were indicted as the war was coming to a close, but that still left a lot of heavy hitters on the street to finish the job.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942842
06/09/18 06:54 AM
06/09/18 06:54 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

The Feds won the war? Devecchio going off the reservation with Scarpa wasn't an FBI directive.

Next you'll be saying the Feds ordered these imbeciles to kill those three innocent victims who died during their botched hits.

WhackWhack, Thomas Gambino, I believe, didn't want the title of boss. He wasn't a gangster. He was a businessman, somewhat, who just profited illicitly from operating in the scope of a crime family. Can you imagine him ordering hits or asserting himself in sitdowns? Why would he even want it? Daddy made sure his bread was buttered; I believe he even went to a private school. Stone gangster.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Moe_Tilden] #942843
06/09/18 07:01 AM
06/09/18 07:01 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
The Feds won the war? Devecchio going off the reservation with Scarpa wasn't an FBI directive.

Next you'll be saying the Feds ordered these imbeciles to kill those three innocent victims who died during their botched hits.

The feds won the war as in they brought the family to its knees. Nobody came out of that war any better off, except for the feds with all the arrests and defections they were able to make.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942850
06/09/18 08:50 AM
06/09/18 08:50 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Yeah, I was just coming back to say I misinterpreted your comment. Apologies.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Moe_Tilden] #942917
06/09/18 04:13 PM
06/09/18 04:13 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Yeah, I was just coming back to say I misinterpreted your comment. Apologies.

No worries, Moe.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942927
06/09/18 05:14 PM
06/09/18 05:14 PM
Amherst
The_Rooster Offline
BANNED
The_Rooster  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Amherst
If youre talking about Cohen from Buffalo who was connected to the Colombos youre 100% correct, although under the guise of Nicoletti

Dont worry about what Im doing
Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: WhackWhack] #942929
06/09/18 06:03 PM
06/09/18 06:03 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted by WhackWhack

Yes but the decision to made boss his cousin Paul Castellano and not Dellacroce wasn't a wise decision,and if I remember well Don Carlo never inducted his son Thomas.
For the colombos the power is power and without a commission nobody can force persico to step down,maybe when teddy jr will be out he (in my opinion) could made him street boss but the snake until his death will continue to be the boss.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: NickyfromTampa] #942933
06/09/18 06:37 PM
06/09/18 06:37 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Also, I would like to add that the Colombo Bros. (the sons of Joseph Colombo Sr.) left the family following the Orena war, because they refused to come back into the fold. This was detailed in their March 2004 indictment. They had some impressive rackets going on in Manhattan and upstate NY, including pretty sophisticated construction shakedowns. According to Gang Land News, they also had sitdowns with other families over gambling & loansharking turf, despite being shelved by the Persico admin. All I'm saying is, if they could do all that as an independent entity, imagine what they could achieve with the blessing and support of the entire crime family. Since Anthony Colombo, the eldest son, was the de-facto capo of the shelved Colombo Bros. crew in the '90s, I assume he'd be a capo if Orena had been able to peacefully get the 'boss' title.

Didn't know the Colombo bros were still going that strong so recently. Thanks Nicky.

I would guess that the family would be in much better shape if Persico stepped down and Orena became the official boss with the war being avoided. Most likely there would be a lot more "talent" left alive and out of prison in the Colombo family. However, the feds were still on their case so a lot of people would still go down. First of all Vic Orena. He was convicted in 1992 of a murder unrelated to the Colombo War.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Slimshady] #942951
06/09/18 09:23 PM
06/09/18 09:23 PM
MidWest
S
Sal_Bronte Offline
Made Member
Sal_Bronte  Offline
S
Made Member
MidWest
war or no war they were all pretty fucked cuz of scarpa.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: Homers77] #942954
06/09/18 09:42 PM
06/09/18 09:42 PM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC

They lost because Vic was fighting against Persico/Scrapa and the FBI.

Scrapa had the most hits and he should have been taken off the streets alot sooner. You lock him up and minus out his hits and the Intel he gave against the Orena faction....

Orena wins the war.

Re: Carmine Persico vs Vic Orena [Re: MightyDR] #942958
06/09/18 09:47 PM
06/09/18 09:47 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by MightyDR

Didn't know the Colombo bros were still going that strong so recently. Thanks Nicky.

I would guess that the family would be in much better shape if Persico stepped down and Orena became the official boss with the war being avoided. Most likely there would be a lot more "talent" left alive and out of prison in the Colombo family. However, the feds were still on their case so a lot of people would still go down. First of all Vic Orena. He was convicted in 1992 of a murder unrelated to the Colombo War.

Very good point about Vic Orena’s bust.

And regarding the Colombo Bros., Chris Colombo fought the trial, got a split verdict, and then retired from organised crime with a low-budget TV show and interviews about his life. Anthony Colombo moved to LA and also retired, as well as writing a book about who really killed his father. He died last year.
Gerry Clemenza, a soldier and member of the Colombo Bros. Crew, spent a few years in prison and has been all quiet since. One thing to mention is that Clemenza was doing exceptionally well financially at the time of his bust, and was a country club member, high-roller gambler, and showbiz socialite according to Jerry Capeci.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull