GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 62 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke #941237
05/26/18 07:08 PM
05/26/18 07:08 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Despite Tommy D killing Foxy, and Gotti knew about it. Since the murder was witnessed by his sister. This was in 74 I think, and it wasn’t until around 4-5 yrs later did Tommy get killed. Gotti could have killed him anytime but Burke was dating Tommy’s sister that kept him alive possibly

I’ve heard conflicting versions ie Gotti sought permission from the Lucheses (but then why did it take 5 yrs). or Paulie heard Tommy tried to rape Karen whom he was screwing, and decided to let Gotti finally kill him.

Last edited by Tonytough; 05/26/18 07:11 PM.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941241
05/26/18 07:39 PM
05/26/18 07:39 PM
Rochester/Pittsburgh
FrankValenti Offline
The Sphinx
FrankValenti  Offline
The Sphinx
Made Member
Rochester/Pittsburgh
I doubt it, but he was scared to death of the Chin. Terrified.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941247
05/26/18 09:33 PM
05/26/18 09:33 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
My best guess is that because DeSimone was with Jimmy Burke, and Jimmy Burke was with Vario, and because Burke hauled in boatloads of cash for not only Vario, but important people in all of the families, Desimone was safe as long as he was useful. Once he wasn't, he was turned over to Gotti.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941393
05/28/18 12:03 AM
05/28/18 12:03 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
The list of people Gotti and his crew were trembling in fear of grows as the years pass. I think most people know it isn't near the truth, but it will be considered true in the future, which is the goal of people saying it every chance they get.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941516
05/28/18 08:36 PM
05/28/18 08:36 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
I mean what Jimmy really liked to do.. i mean what he really liked to do was steal, i mean he actually enjoyed it

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941544
05/28/18 11:06 PM
05/28/18 11:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
No

The only thing JG was afraid of was the same thing Michael Corleone was, Loosing his FAMILY, which he slowly and surely did.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: DuesPaid] #941553
05/29/18 06:05 AM
05/29/18 06:05 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
No

The only thing JG was afraid of was the same thing Michael Corleone was, Loosing his FAMILY, which he slowly and surely did.

not true. Its fact he was afraid of at least roy demeo and anthony casso

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941557
05/29/18 08:15 AM
05/29/18 08:15 AM
R
Right_Pride Offline
Wiseguy
Right_Pride  Offline
R
Wiseguy
Gotti and his crew really didnt fear anyone. They had a large crew and they earned which meant they were protected. I highly doubt gotti was afraid of jimmy burke, i think thta notion is terribly exaggerated. Gotti had a lot of juice and was friends with a lot of guys even from different families. He was well liked despite what the media conveyed. As he got older, everyone wanted to be around him, he was like a drug.

Last edited by Right_Pride; 05/29/18 08:18 AM.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941563
05/29/18 10:42 AM
05/29/18 10:42 AM
J
JackieAprile Offline
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline
J
Capo
It's a known fact that John feared the Roy DeMeo crew. I think he was also intimidated by Sammy. Not in terms of power or strength but by how prodigal an earner Sammy was. I think a part of him was always afraid Sammy would one day try to step over him to be Boss as he did with Paul.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Right_Pride] #941597
05/29/18 04:00 PM
05/29/18 04:00 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Right_Pride
Gotti and his crew really didnt fear anyone. They had a large crew and they earned which meant they were protected. I highly doubt gotti was afraid of jimmy burke, i think thta notion is terribly exaggerated. Gotti had a lot of juice and was friends with a lot of guys even from different families. He was well liked despite what the media conveyed. As he got older, everyone wanted to be around him, he was like a drug.

LMAO. Im sorry i dont know where this idea comes from that Gotti feared nobody. Like Jackie posted above its a known fact that gotti was scared shitless of demeo. Gene gotti was caught on wiretap admitting that his brother wanted no part of demeo. Anthony Casso was another guy gotti wanted no part of. After angelo stupidly botched a hit on Casso gotti desperately tried to make peace with gaspipe and even after that casso was still killing gambino members like eddie lino and gotti didnt do a damn thing. So yes gotti was a tough guy but certainly not totally fearless

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: JCrusher] #941752
05/30/18 09:21 PM
05/30/18 09:21 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by JCrusher

LMAO. Im sorry i dont know where this idea comes from that Gotti feared nobody. Like Jackie posted above its a known fact that gotti was scared shitless of demeo. Gene gotti was caught on wiretap admitting that his brother wanted no part of demeo. Anthony Casso was another guy gotti wanted no part of. After angelo stupidly botched a hit on Casso gotti desperately tried to make peace with gaspipe and even after that casso was still killing gambino members like eddie lino and gotti didnt do a damn thing. So yes gotti was a tough guy but certainly not totally fearless

Where is th reproof that he was in fear of Demeo?

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: jace] #941758
05/30/18 10:14 PM
05/30/18 10:14 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by jace

Where is th reproof that he was in fear of Demeo?

there are wiretaps of gene gotti in 1982 when paul was looking to kill demeo and he went to gotti and according to gene gotti wanted absolutely no part because roy had a "army of killers" behind him

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941764
05/30/18 10:34 PM
05/30/18 10:34 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
Do you have a link to the wiretaps?

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: jace] #941770
05/30/18 10:46 PM
05/30/18 10:46 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

i have to look for it BUT trust me its true and ive read it from a few different sources. I dont know why its so hard to believe that gotti feared certain mobsters

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: JCrusher] #941772
05/30/18 10:54 PM
05/30/18 10:54 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

i have to look for it BUT trust me its true and ive read it from a few different sources. I dont know why its so hard to believe that gotti feared certain mobsters

I find it hard to believe it because we know law enforcement for years has been in fear of Gotti having people admire him, so they go out of their way to diminish him and his brother by saying they feared Gigante, Demeo, and anyone else they can come up with. Gotti should not be admired, but LE should be more honest and less misleading.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: JCrusher] #941773
05/30/18 10:55 PM
05/30/18 10:55 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss

I find it hard to believe it because we know law enforcement for years has been in fear of Gotti having people admire him, so they go out of their way to diminish him and his brother by saying they feared Gigante, Demeo, and anyone else they can come up with. Gotti should not be admired, but LE should be more honest and less misleading. If they had a tape of Gene Gotti or John saying they neared Demeo, it would have been released to the public long ago. They don't have any, so they spread these stories instead.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: jace] #941776
05/30/18 11:01 PM
05/30/18 11:01 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

I find it hard to believe it because we know law enforcement for years has been in fear of Gotti having people admire him, so they go out of their way to diminish him and his brother by saying they feared Gigante, Demeo, and anyone else they can come up with. Gotti should not be admired, but LE should be more honest and less misleading. If they had a tape of Gene Gotti or John saying they neared Demeo, it would have been released to the public long ago. They don't have any, so they spread these stories instead.

i dont think its a lie. The only thing i agree with is that he should not be admired. Thats true he was a egotistical dumbass.

Last edited by JCrusher; 05/30/18 11:02 PM.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: JCrusher] #941777
05/30/18 11:10 PM
05/30/18 11:10 PM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
[quote=jace]Do you have a link to the wiretaps?

i dont think its a lie. The only thing i agree with is that he should not be admired. Thats true he was a egotistical dumbass.

He was not so egotistical and far form dumb, I was just saying he should not be admired. It was the media that chased him, not the other way around.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: jace] #941780
05/30/18 11:15 PM
05/30/18 11:15 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

He was not so egotistical and far form dumb, I was just saying he should not be admired. It was the media that chased him, not the other way around.

yes he was egotistical...listen to his jail tapes and you will see that. Also yes he was dumb because how he handled the family made it so easy for the feds to bust him

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941816
05/31/18 01:56 PM
05/31/18 01:56 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
100% Gotti feared NOT Demeo but the Demeo CREW. Why would he fear Demeo IF he’s dead lol

He’s fearing the repercussions. It’s true, I’ve read the wiretaps many times
Over the last 2 decades. Gene Gotti was telling (I can’t remember who) that Paul has been feeling his brother out about a contract on Roy. But Gene says his brother John doesn’t want to do it because ‘Roy has an army of
Killers around him’ gene also talked about how John has (think it was 5 or 7hits) under his belt
But Roy’s crew done like 40 or so

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941830
05/31/18 03:33 PM
05/31/18 03:33 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted by Tonytough
100% Gotti feared NOT Demeo but the Demeo CREW. Why would he fear Demeo IF he’s dead lol

He’s fearing the repercussions. It’s true, I’ve read the wiretaps many times
Over the last 2 decades. Gene Gotti was telling (I can’t remember who) that Paul has been feeling his brother out about a contract on Roy. But Gene says his brother John doesn’t want to do it because ‘Roy has an army of
Killers around him’ gene also talked about how John has (think it was 5 or 7hits) under his belt
But Roy’s crew done like 40 or so

I did say the demeo crew as whole. However Roy was obviously the leader and had taken part in many more hits than gotti ever did. The exact conversation was that the Gotti crew had killed less than 10 people while demeo crew had killed at least 38 that they knew of although im sure it was much more

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941836
05/31/18 03:59 PM
05/31/18 03:59 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Yes u did, i was meant to reference Jace’s posts

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941853
05/31/18 06:21 PM
05/31/18 06:21 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Here I am digging through Gotti: Rise and Fall, trying to find where it is mentioned, but it's actually at the start of Murder Machine.

"Poking into Gotti's past, we found a transcript of a conversation secretly recorded by FBI agents in which Gotti's brother Gene said he and violent John were afraid to take on Roy DeMeo because Roy had 'an army' of killers."

That intrigued Capeci and Mustain enough to start writing Murder Machine.

I don't think Gotti personally feared DeMeo, Burke or Chin for that matter like they were boogeymen, but he recognized that they were professional killers and it would be unwise to tangle with them.

Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #941857
05/31/18 06:33 PM
05/31/18 06:33 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I found a picture of Foxy Jerothe on Pinterest, but since there's no proof it's actually him, I didn't post it.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: jace] #941858
05/31/18 06:35 PM
05/31/18 06:35 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Bruce Mouw actually got emotional when talking about how misguided people look up to guys like Gotti, Merlino.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Was Gotti afraid of Paul Vario & Jimmy Burke [Re: Tonytough] #942021
06/01/18 11:44 PM
06/01/18 11:44 PM
J
JackieAprile Offline
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline
J
Capo
I can imagine John saying something like, "Roy's got an army of fuckin' killers, psychos, drug addicts hangin all round him, I'm gonna fuck with that, and what, end up in the trunk of a car somewhere? Tell Paul to let someone else take care of it, I ain't doin that shit, end up in a fuckin' cement barrel in the East River or chopped up into a dozen pieces. That fuckin' Roy and his guys, they're a gang of animals, I gotta, I gotta stick my neck out to take care of Paul's loose canon crew?"

Last edited by JackieAprile; 06/01/18 11:44 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull