GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, Irishman12, RushStreet), 87 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,184
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: 2a] #941968
06/01/18 04:12 PM
06/01/18 04:12 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
@2A,

They would connect with Nigerian Syndicates for the heroin and Carribean, South American , or Black traffickers down south for the cocaine.

Yeah I just read some ( admittedly dated ) information about Nigerian traffickers operating in Chicago from the DEA , not to mention that Chicago has a lot of ( if not the largest amount ) of fairly sophisticated/well connected street gangs , so using it as an example wasn't the best .

That said I bet there are many second and third tier cities in the US where the Mexican cartels are the only game in town , so I think my point stands in that case .

The Mexican Cartels won't ever be the only game in town since they rely on local networks to distribute the drugs. Some Wholesale level and majority of Mid-level & Retail level trafficking are domimated by American crime groups period. Cartels just supplying the wholesale drug trade and that's their main influence.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: BlackFamily] #942442
06/05/18 01:14 PM
06/05/18 01:14 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by 2a
@2A,

They would connect with Nigerian Syndicates for the heroin and Carribean, South American , or Black traffickers down south for the cocaine.

Yeah I just read some ( admittedly dated ) information about Nigerian traffickers operating in Chicago from the DEA , not to mention that Chicago has a lot of ( if not the largest amount ) of fairly sophisticated/well connected street gangs , so using it as an example wasn't the best .

That said I bet there are many second and third tier cities in the US where the Mexican cartels are the only game in town , so I think my point stands in that case .

The Mexican Cartels won't ever be the only game in town since they rely on local networks to distribute the drugs. Some Wholesale level and majority of Mid-level & Retail level trafficking are domimated by American crime groups period. Cartels just supplying the wholesale drug trade and that's their main influence.

Yes that is correct , however said cartels very much exercise a great deal of ( indirect ) influence via their domination of wholesale trade . After all they could apply a great amount of pressure on low level organized crime groups engaged in drug trafficking , by threatening to cut off the supply of drugs , either by telling the middlemen that they won't be getting any more product if they don't talk some sense into retailers or in a more direct way by telling the retailers directly ( though the former is probably more likely to occur than the latter ) .

And as an aside I meant wholesale trade when I typed the only game in town . Of course there are places in the US where lower level gangs can buy ( to use a good example ) heroin from non Mexican cartel suppliers who also obtain their supply from non Mexican cartel sources all the way up the line , but to my understanding such places are more the exception than the rule .

Of course correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge Colombian and Dominican OC groups have little presence outside of the Northeast and Asian OC groups generally don't operate outside of cosmopolitan cities/metro areas .

I ( admittedly ) know little about Nigerian groups , but they seem to be much bigger players in Europe than over in the States . I mean I don't even recall them being mentioned in the DEA's latest national drug threat assessment .

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: 2a] #942460
06/05/18 03:52 PM
06/05/18 03:52 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by 2a

Yes that is correct , however said cartels very much exercise a great deal of ( indirect ) influence via their domination of wholesale trade . After all they could apply a great amount of pressure on low level organized crime groups engaged in drug trafficking , by threatening to cut off the supply of drugs , either by telling the middlemen that they won't be getting any more product if they don't talk some sense into retailers or in a more direct way by telling the retailers directly ( though the former is probably more likely to occur than the latter ) .

How would it benefit the cartels to cut off the supply and receive no money? Their supply flow into the US and cash money flow out of the U.S. The issues between various groups at the retail level is no concerned to the cartel. They have enough to deal with conflicts back in mexico and there's nothing to gain financially being a peacemaker in the U.S.

And as an aside I meant wholesale trade when I typed the only game in town . Of course there are places in the US where lower level gangs can buy ( to use a good example ) heroin from non Mexican cartel suppliers who also obtain their supply from non Mexican cartel sources all the way up the line , but to my understanding such places are more the exception than the rule .

The Northeast, Florida, and specific Metros such as Detroiit for example have DTOs operating at the wholesale level in partnership with mexican cartels or different cartels ( such Carribean traffickers) altogether. The mexican cartels are the predominate wholesale suppliers throughout the U.S not the only suppliers.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge Colombian and Dominican OC groups have little presence outside of the Northeast and Asian OC groups generally don't operate outside of cosmopolitan cities/metro areas .

Florida wholesale drug trade is supplied by predominantly Carribean DTOs and locals with a small presence from Mexican cartels. Asian DTO traffick in even small cities like Biloxi, Mississippi. Asian traffickers generally blend in with any asian enclave in the U.S.

I ( admittedly ) know little about Nigerian groups , but they seem to be much bigger players in Europe than over in the States . I mean I don't even recall them being mentioned in the DEA's latest national drug threat assessment .

The DEA havr mentioned Nigerian groups several times in the heroin trade. Mainly Chicago, Baltimore, DC, and Houston are some of the first cities that come to mind involving Nigerian DTOs. At one point in time Nigerian DTOs was supplying 40% of the heroin market in Chicago during the 80s or so according to the Chicago's DEA office.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942462
06/05/18 03:57 PM
06/05/18 03:57 PM
TheKillingJoke Online content
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Online Content
Underboss
The Nigerian groups are a smart bunch. They willfully limit their role to that of "transporters". There's basically zero violence associated with them - except for a few cases in Europe involving petty small time drug dealers who happened to be of a Nigerian background. They appear to have zero interest in "territory". They bring the product, get paid, and everything after is handled by traditional OC groups (mobs, gangs...).

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: BlackFamily] #942534
06/06/18 12:03 PM
06/06/18 12:03 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by 2a

How would it benefit the cartels to cut off the supply and receive no money? Their supply flow into the US and cash money flow out of the U.S. The issues between various groups at the retail level is no concerned to the cartel. They have enough to deal with conflicts back in mexico and there's nothing to gain financially being a peacemaker in the U.S.

The Northeast, Florida, and specific Metros such as Detroiit for example have DTOs operating at the wholesale level in partnership with mexican cartels or different cartels ( such Carribean traffickers) altogether. The mexican cartels are the predominate wholesale suppliers throughout the U.S not the only suppliers.

Florida wholesale drug trade is supplied by predominantly Carribean DTOs and locals with a small presence from Mexican cartels. Asian DTO traffick in even small cities like Biloxi, Mississippi. Asian traffickers generally blend in with any asian enclave in the U.S.

The DEA havr mentioned Nigerian groups several times in the heroin trade. Mainly Chicago, Baltimore, DC, and Houston are some of the first cities that come to mind involving Nigerian DTOs. At one point in time Nigerian DTOs was supplying 40% of the heroin market in Chicago during the 80s or so according to the Chicago's DEA office.

Originally Posted by 2a

I'm not aware of Mexican cartels having assumed the role of peacemaker in the US either , however a ( hypothetical ) brutal turf war in the US could force them into that role . After all such a conflict could result in making it harder for said cartels to move their product into their area and so forth . Which would naturally result in them having a vested interest in brokering such a peace .

That is certainly correct . For what it's worth , I never claimed that Mexican cartels are the only wholesale suppliers of drugs in the US , however their position of being the predominate suppliers results in them having a lot of ( mainly ) indirect influence . It's highly unlikely that any of the cartels would exercise their power by directly warning lower level DTO's to calm down or what have you . In all likelihood it would be the middlemen telling the retailers to try and cool it , while hinting at the possibility of supply falling off .

It's definitely an easier task to source heroin and methamphetamine without going through the cartels at some level , however the same is not true of cocaine . Of course one can do so via Colombian channels , but the point I was trying to make is that even those retail heavy DTO's that ( say ) buy cocaine from Atlanta based American traffickers are indirectly buying from Latin American traffickers , since virtually every gram of cocaine trafficked in the US ultimately originates from Latin American traffickers . Then again there is the possibility of the ultimate source of origin being a Latin American based Ndrangheta clan , but the current activities of those fellows in the US is next to unknown , so I rest my case .

Yes I have seen those reports as well , though Nigerians seem to be absent of mention in the latest DEA threat assessment . Anyways I think it's safe to say that they have little presence in much of the American heartland , which makes them have less influence in the country as a whole .

Anyways I don't really have more to say and this has been a productive exchange so that's about all on my part .

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942539
06/06/18 01:19 PM
06/06/18 01:19 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
The Nigerian groups are a smart bunch. They willfully limit their role to that of "transporters". There's basically zero violence associated with them - except for a few cases in Europe involving petty small time drug dealers who happened to be of a Nigerian background. They appear to have zero interest in "territory". They bring the product, get paid, and everything after is handled by traditional OC groups (mobs, gangs...).

yes, but it is what all criminal groups usually do outside their territories, it's what italian and russian mafia does in spain for example, or albanians in italy
only where you have some neighborhoods in your hands you can control territories like arabs in france, at least drug trade
if you have not at least a neighborhood you cant do so much, just that
italian mafia in the states had control of territories since the beginning, but the target of italian mafias is that, not only drug or illegal activities, it's coz ndrangheta infiltrated several north italian zones

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: 2a] #942544
06/06/18 02:03 PM
06/06/18 02:03 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by 2a
Originally Posted by 2a

Originally Posted by 2a

I'm not aware of Mexican cartels having assumed the role of peacemaker in the US either , however a ( hypothetical ) brutal turf war in the US could force them into that role . After all such a conflict could result in making it harder for said cartels to move their product into their area and so forth . Which would naturally result in them having a vested interest in brokering such a peace .

That is certainly correct . For what it's worth , I never claimed that Mexican cartels are the only wholesale suppliers of drugs in the US , however their position of being the predominate suppliers results in them having a lot of ( mainly ) indirect influence . It's highly unlikely that any of the cartels would exercise their power by directly warning lower level DTO's to calm down or what have you . In all likelihood it would be the middlemen telling the retailers to try and cool it , while hinting at the possibility of supply falling off .

It's definitely an easier task to source heroin and methamphetamine without going through the cartels at some level , however the same is not true of cocaine . Of course one can do so via Colombian channels , but the point I was trying to make is that even those retail heavy DTO's that ( say ) buy cocaine from Atlanta based American traffickers are indirectly buying from Latin American traffickers , since virtually every gram of cocaine trafficked in the US ultimately originates from Latin American traffickers . Then again there is the possibility of the ultimate source of origin being a Latin American based Ndrangheta clan , but the current activities of those fellows in the US is next to unknown , so I rest my case .

Yes I have seen those reports as well , though Nigerians seem to be absent of mention in the latest DEA threat assessment . Anyways I think it's safe to say that they have little presence in much of the American heartland , which makes them have less influence in the country as a whole .

Anyways I don't really have more to say and this has been a productive exchange so that's about all on my part .

The hypothetical brutal war is much more a reality in case of drug related business. It's been going on and off throughout the U.S retail market. It haven't interrupted the cartel's business. No different when cuban and columbian traffickers were gunning each other down in Miami.

Middleman could possibly hint at that but face the risk of being killed themselves.

The meth trade in the U.S have become more focus on receiving it from the cartels than production. Undoubtedly true in cocaine trade with alternatives being Carribean connection. Who's to say it's not from a Latin American Nigerian Syndicate.

Nope. Nigerian Syndicates activities been heavy in the U.S since the mid to late 70s along with their other prime racket : Frauds/Scams.

Good discussion with you as well.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942562
06/06/18 03:15 PM
06/06/18 03:15 PM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo
Due to their violence and power, Would not the Mexican cartels dominate evry beef with other OC groups in US?

Im from Europe so i dont know about US...I know that in Europe they wouldnt ,,but there is not many of them here.

Last edited by doggystyle; 06/06/18 03:15 PM.
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942566
06/06/18 03:41 PM
06/06/18 03:41 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Mexican cartel’s extreme violence is in Mexico, not in the US. I can’t imagine them getting involved with everyday gang politics and other beefs in the US. I’m no expert on all the details of operation, just going by what I’ve seen. I know that they do have influence over piasas that work for them, especially those that have a lot of family in Mexico. They rarely do much violence across the border but will threaten to harm friends and family still living in Mexico if you disobey orders or piss them off.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: doggystyle] #942637
06/07/18 05:01 AM
06/07/18 05:01 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted by doggystyle
Due to their violence and power, Would not the Mexican cartels dominate evry beef with other OC groups in US?

Im from Europe so i dont know about US...I know that in Europe they wouldnt ,,but there is not many of them here.

They supply the drugs to US gangs and other crime groups operating in that business. They have power over their income. They simply can just offer a gang or other crime group a discount on the supply to get it do things for the Cartel. If they don't agree, they can find any other crime group in the region which will take their offer and get rid of that group and go in their place with the Cartel support.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: ThePolakVet] #942710
06/07/18 11:09 PM
06/07/18 11:09 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by ThePolakVet

They supply the drugs to US gangs and other crime groups operating in that business. They have power over their income. They simply can just offer a gang or other crime group a discount on the supply to get it do things for the Cartel. If they don't agree, they can find any other crime group in the region which will take their offer and get rid of that group and go in their place with the Cartel support.

It doesn't work like that in the U.S.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: BlackFamily] #942724
06/08/18 07:06 AM
06/08/18 07:06 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia

Ellaborate. How does it work then?

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: ThePolakVet] #942753
06/08/18 12:05 PM
06/08/18 12:05 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Ellaborate. How does it work then?

They won't offer a discount to the crime groups to do anything for them nor will another random crime group take up the offer. The supply meets the demand and business is conducted regularly. Anything the cartel do here in the U.S could jeopardize their income. That's why i said eairlier that they mainly supply , collect the money, and mind their business. The politics between American crime groups involve in the drug trade is generally none of the cartel business nor interest.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: ThePolakVet] #942757
06/08/18 12:52 PM
06/08/18 12:52 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans

It doesn't work like that even here in Europe, do you know any people from organized crime in Europe ? It just doesn't work like that,once they deliver supply , they don't give a fuck about other business,they sold their supply,that is all they care about.They have their own people to take care of their own things.

Could it be that first time i agree with BlackFamily lol

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: Strax] #942846
06/09/18 07:59 AM
06/09/18 07:59 AM
Latvia
ThePolakVet Offline
Capo
ThePolakVet  Offline
Capo
Latvia
Originally Posted by Strax

It doesn't work like that even here in Europe, do you know any people from organized crime in Europe ? It just doesn't work like that,once they deliver supply , they don't give a fuck about other business,they sold their supply,that is all they care about.They have their own people to take care of their own things.

Yeah, I've met and know people who are associated with Russian OC groups in Latvia. I have friends who are doing time in prison and are living by Vory V Zakone ideology(you can call them a prison gang if you want). I know few people from Denmark when I used to live there, from Arab gangs(Black Army, Loyal to Family) and also people associated with Bandidos MC there. Hells Angels for example in Denmark have their support group/gang called AK86, which works for them to solve conflicts with other gangs. Many members of AK86 later are later recruited to Hells Angels.

I was mainly theorizing about it, but as I don't know the situation there - I'm not saying my theory is true. The main idea of my statement was due to the connection between La Eme and how they put managed to gain control over gangs in Southern California, by simply stating that sooner or later their gang members or relatives of them will end up in prison and will need protection.
As they are Mexican, there is a big chance they have connections to Mexican Drug Cartels. Such as the Tijuana Cartel used a gang from Logan Heights to murder El Chapo, the plot failed in result some priest was killed(yeah it happened in Mexico). So, why wouldn't a Cartel use a local US gang for solving their beef if it has happened in the past?

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: ThePolakVet] #942876
06/09/18 02:15 PM
06/09/18 02:15 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662

Yeah, I've met and know people who are associated with Russian OC groups in Latvia. I have friends who are doing time in prison and are living by Vory V Zakone ideology(you can call them a prison gang if you want). I know few people from Denmark when I used to live there, from Arab gangs(Black Army, Loyal to Family) and also people associated with Bandidos MC there. Hells Angels for example in Denmark have their support group/gang called AK86, which works for them to solve conflicts with other gangs. Many members of AK86 later are later recruited to Hells Angels.

I was mainly theorizing about it, but as I don't know the situation there - I'm not saying my theory is true. The main idea of my statement was due to the connection between La Eme and how they put managed to gain control over gangs in Southern California, by simply stating that sooner or later their gang members or relatives of them will end up in prison and will need protection.
As they are Mexican, there is a big chance they have connections to Mexican Drug Cartels. Such as the Tijuana Cartel used a gang from Logan Heights to murder El Chapo, the plot failed in result some priest was killed(yeah it happened in Mexico). So, why wouldn't a Cartel use a local US gang for solving their beef if it has happened in the past?

[/quote]

That's primary La Eme connections back to the hispanic barrios of L.A. aka Surenos and Nuestra Familia does the same with Nortenos in North California. The obvious theme is that Mexican cartels reach out to the hispanic community in the U.S for different occasions. It won't mainly be the case like Logan Heights.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942881
06/09/18 02:44 PM
06/09/18 02:44 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
la eme is mostly a prison gang, what power it really has outside prisons? is it control neighbourhoods? is it forces drug dealers to pay taxes in tribute?

Last edited by m2w; 06/09/18 02:45 PM.
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: m2w] #942901
06/09/18 03:19 PM
06/09/18 03:19 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by m2w
la eme is mostly a prison gang, what power it really has outside prisons? is it control neighbourhoods? is it forces drug dealers to pay taxes in tribute?

Through Hispanic barrios surrogates in metro L.A.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #942906
06/09/18 03:35 PM
06/09/18 03:35 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
La Eme was originally a prison gang but of course they’re more than just a prison gang now. But yes, their control of county jails and prison is how they gained their power over Hispanic street gangs.

La Eme, (not the Mexican cartels)does have an interest in stopping Hispanic gang beefs. The cartels just need to get the stuff over the border and sold pretty much. They usually don’t care or know much about the inner workings and beefs going on in the US.

But La Eme has and does make long standing beefs between gangs end. It doesn’t always work even with Eme intervention because some gang beefs are so long standing and traditional that even La Eme can’t really stop them but under the right circumstances and people in the mix it can work. A more recent example would be Thee Rascals, Tooverville and Frogtown in North East LA, which had a peace agreement after decades of feuding. This obviously helps keep law enforcement’s heat off some while money can continue to be sent to the top. And at least guys go to jail and prison for trying to earn rather than just petty gang beefs. The vast majority of gang beefs throughout the city remain active though. Further out in the Inland Empire/San Bernardino county there’s treaties that have lasted far longer, going on a couple decades now. Some of it has to do with how connected certain gangs are to the Eme. Some gangs have more members within the organization so they work closer and more directly which makes them more loyal and willing to follow rules to the tee. Other gangs have no direct contact with the organization whatsoever but will follow the rules in jail. But basically if a Hispanic gang earns, a percentage is supposed to kick up to the organization. Not all gangs sell drugs, some just tax independent dealers in their area and then a percentage goes up. Some gangs do a bit of everything while others are broke and have no money.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: SoCalGangs] #942916
06/09/18 04:13 PM
06/09/18 04:13 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
La Eme was originally a prison gang but of course they’re more than just a prison gang now. But yes, their control of county jails and prison is how they gained their power over Hispanic street gangs.

La Eme, (not the Mexican cartels)does have an interest in stopping Hispanic gang beefs. The cartels just need to get the stuff over the border and sold pretty much. They usually don’t care or know much about the inner workings and beefs going on in the US.

But La Eme has and does make long standing beefs between gangs end. It doesn’t always work even with Eme intervention because some gang beefs are so long standing and traditional that even La Eme can’t really stop them but under the right circumstances and people in the mix it can work. A more recent example would be Thee Rascals, Tooverville and Frogtown in North East LA, which had a peace agreement after decades of feuding. This obviously helps keep law enforcement’s heat off some while money can continue to be sent to the top. And at least guys go to jail and prison for trying to earn rather than just petty gang beefs. The vast majority of gang beefs throughout the city remain active though. Further out in the Inland Empire/San Bernardino county there’s treaties that have lasted far longer, going on a couple decades now. Some of it has to do with how connected certain gangs are to the Eme. Some gangs have more members within the organization so they work closer and more directly which makes them more loyal and willing to follow rules to the tee. Other gangs have no direct contact with the organization whatsoever but will follow the rules in jail. But basically if a Hispanic gang earns, a percentage is supposed to kick up to the organization. Not all gangs sell drugs, some just tax independent dealers in their area and then a percentage goes up. Some gangs do a bit of everything while others are broke and have no money.

Thanks for the indepth info. Which barrio in North California have the most ties to Nuestra Familia?

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: BlackFamily] #942918
06/09/18 04:29 PM
06/09/18 04:29 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

Thanks for the indepth info. Which barrio in North California have the most ties to Nuestra Familia?

I don’t know much about Northern California gangs. So I can’t speak on that. But on the subject of gang beefs being ended, the big rumor right now is that there’s a peace treaty going on between Nortenos and Surenos within many California prisons. I’ve been hearing rumors that this has been in the works for years with higher ups being interested in ending the rivalry and merging together. Of course to the average low level gang member this is still unthinkable and many are still in denial about it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. How long this supposed peace treaty in prison lasts is hard to say. I can’t imagine it all becoming one organization just due to the identities and structures in each side being so ingrained. And I’d be curious to see what the Northern side is willing to agree to. Being that the North has been allied with the Black inmates for so long, do they suddenly stab them in the back and side with the South in prison riots? Well I guess it’s still too early to tell but this is what I’m hearing from people that recently got released from the system.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 06/09/18 04:30 PM.
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: SoCalGangs] #942936
06/09/18 06:44 PM
06/09/18 06:44 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by SoCalGangs

I don’t know much about Northern California gangs. So I can’t speak on that. But on the subject of gang beefs being ended, the big rumor right now is that there’s a peace treaty going on between Nortenos and Surenos within many California prisons. I’ve been hearing rumors that this has been in the works for years with higher ups being interested in ending the rivalry and merging together. Of course to the average low level gang member this is still unthinkable and many are still in denial about it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s true. How long this supposed peace treaty in prison lasts is hard to say. I can’t imagine it all becoming one organization just due to the identities and structures in each side being so ingrained. And I’d be curious to see what the Northern side is willing to agree to. Being that the North has been allied with the Black inmates for so long, do they suddenly stab them in the back and side with the South in prison riots? Well I guess it’s still too early to tell but this is what I’m hearing from people that recently got released from the system.

Peace treaty is possible under right circumstances and individuals keep a level head. The merger isn't going work out due to everything you just stated.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: Strax] #944126
06/18/18 01:29 PM
06/18/18 01:29 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member

I don't want to beat a dead horse , but to apply the example I used in my exchange with BF to Europe , wouldn't a big time outfit involved in the wholesaling of drugs step in if ( say ) a conflict between lower level gangs were to make life harder for them ?

I realize there are few ( if any ) real life example of this scenario playing out , yet the idea of big time outfits having this sort of influence seems sound in theory . After all a brutal gang war between ( say ) low level outfits in a port city like Rotterdam could very well lead to heavy police presence , which would obviously have an effect on the outfits bringing in/selling drugs in wholesale quantities . And said outfits could obviously calm things down by merely threatening to turn off the tap .

Of course this is all just theory , which is why I'm curious as to the possibility of it occurring in Europe .

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #944156
06/18/18 10:20 PM
06/18/18 10:20 PM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo
When was the american Cosa Nostras most powerful era ? Lucianos time?

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: Strax] #944210
06/19/18 04:43 PM
06/19/18 04:43 PM
DiLorenzo Offline
Underboss
DiLorenzo  Offline
Underboss
La Cosa Nostra is still most powerful organized crime group in the US.

Absolutely...None of these other groups have the connections or political clout that the mob has !!

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: DiLorenzo] #944228
06/19/18 07:01 PM
06/19/18 07:01 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
I agree.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: DiLorenzo] #944239
06/19/18 08:20 PM
06/19/18 08:20 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Originally Posted by DiLorenzo
La Cosa Nostra is still most powerful organized crime group in the US.

Absolutely...None of these other groups have the connections or political clout that the mob has !!

You might mean had and again powerful in what or general collective ? Generally speaking just like every other crime group they're powerbase have always been in their territorial cities and not nationwide in every major city.

- African Proverb
Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #944244
06/19/18 09:31 PM
06/19/18 09:31 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
It really depends on your location, some groups are extremely powerful in certain areas but don't have a very far reach. Other organizations are spread out but may not have a major stronghold so to speak.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #944257
06/20/18 12:14 AM
06/20/18 12:14 AM
J
jace Offline
Underboss
jace  Offline
J
Underboss
If Luciano and the mafia were that powerful politically they would never have kept going to prison for such long terms, and their names would have been kept out of newspapers as much as possible. Instead they were highlighted and prosecuted. Luciano got 45 years in a suspicious case. Genovese died in prison. If Costello was not shot and forced to step down he was likely headed back to prison. Sam Giancana was hounded so much by the FBI he sued and won. The most politically connected and powerful groups are the ones we rarely. if her hear about. LCN is the most overrated, over followed and over publicized crime group in the world.

Re: Rank each OC outfit in terms of power (US) [Re: JackieAprile] #944266
06/20/18 02:30 AM
06/20/18 02:30 AM
TheKillingJoke Online content
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Online Content
Underboss
" The ones we rarely if ever hear about" is a myth. If ANY organized crime group ever gains some sort of power, you can bet your ass there will be reports on them.

Fact is not a single crime group ever influenced public life as much as the Mafia ever did in their power bases - which are territories where there's law and order as opposed to semi-third world regions.
They're the Mafia, other organized crime group are thugs. Sorta sophisticated thugs, sure, but still thugs.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull