GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #933341
03/15/18 06:10 AM
03/15/18 06:10 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by SoCalGangs
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Besides the deportation of some of their membership , what else is contributing to their decline? As much as presence the LE says they have haven, I doubt their membership was ever in that many states.

Hard to say for certain, but since LA is home base, and because they stopped expanding in LA, maybe that’s why they aren’t expanding elsewhere anymore. I really don’t know what there activity is around the country, I just know in the 90s they had lots of media attention and now MS 13 is in the spot light. 1990s 18st was all about recruiting wherever they can, but at some point they lost that popularity and became too hated. Their reputation was that they recruit everybody and anybody, qauntity over quality. Plus most LA hoods have declined since the 90’s and 18st is no exception. They’re still there of course but their “golden years” have passed.

Which barrios was the deepest by your opinion now and back during the peak years of banging?

I’m sure everyone would agree that 18th street was by far the biggest gang in LA in the 1990’s. They had already been big by the 1970s but by the 90’s they were all over LA. With that attention though, law enforcement also cracked down on them pretty hard and they were one of the earlier gangs to deal with a gang injunction so that also contributed to their decline.

As far as who’s deepest now.. ironically it might be 18 st still. Some of their major cliques are barely holding on due to their location and gentrification (Hollywood Gangsters) for example or their downtown hood(7th & Broadway). But for the most part they still have their hoods in the Westside, south central, the SouthSide South Gate area, the east side In north east LA and the valley so I’d assume they still have numbers but spread around. I just can’t think of any other gang with that many established neighborhoods. Whereas Florencia has numbers too but almost all concentrated in one part of the city.

As far as I know Florencia is very big in numbers and was growing, not to mention that they are very dangerous. maybe the most dangerous? And as far as the 70s go I think the bigest hispao gangs were in east los, white fence,etc What do you think SoCal?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #933373
03/15/18 12:42 PM
03/15/18 12:42 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted by cookcounty
The bloods are probably the biggest gang nowadays

Nope. Speaking on individual groups not umbrellas.

Chicago is basically every man for himself now so they're really aint too many cohessive mobs anymore

But its bloods everywhere now, especially after it became cool to be a blood

Chicago Latino mobs are cohesive generally speaking and not all the Black mobs are that fractured like the GDs. Additional this is nationwide I'm speaking on so everybody aren't like Chicago. Naw , Bloods wave is just that a trend. At the end of day Chi mobs are deeper. Nobody here in the Sipp about that SuWu trend except a few legit and little more offbrands.

Outta town chicago mobs are more cohessive in other states than in chicago

The new crop dont even know their lit

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #933426
03/15/18 06:38 PM
03/15/18 06:38 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted by alexandarns

As far as I know Florencia is very big in numbers and was growing, not to mention that they are very dangerous. maybe the most dangerous? And as far as the 70s go I think the bigest hispao gangs were in east los, white fence,etc What do you think SoCal?

Florencia is big. Once considered the second biggest behind 18st. Maybe still is, gang number estimates are difficult.

A lot of Chicano gangs were deep in the 70’s. But not just East LA and Boyle Heights. Clanton 14th Street comes to mind which was once pretty deep in the 1960’s and 70’s, before 18st took over their stronghold in Pico Union.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: cookcounty] #933701
03/17/18 01:20 AM
03/17/18 01:20 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Cookcounty
We been through this already years ago. Federal cases continue to show there are specific decks that are structured, end of discussion .

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: americafyeah] #933705
03/17/18 04:03 AM
03/17/18 04:03 AM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by americafyeah

exactly! all of the old gangs in Chicago have disbanded. there are no gd's,lk's,vice lords,etc anymoar. those gangs are long gone. same with the bloods and crips in L.A. which have gone extinct. and fyi, the bloods are no longer considered a gang. the bloods have morphed into something else,they are a hip hop/pop music subculture. the police don't classify bloods as a gang anymoar,they don't control any territory in LA.you can't name one former blood or crip neighborhood in LA that doesn't have surenos in it or that hasn't been taken over by them. the surenos are the last gang left,they have all of the elements of a real gang,surenos are territorial,mark their neighborhood with graffiti,sell dr*gs,extort,shoot rivals,etc. the bloods don't do any of that anymoar.bloods and crips are best friends now,their rivalry is over.they had to stop gangbanging,and join forces because the surenos are too pwoerful. bloods and crips are moar interested in pursuing rap careers,they have become inactive. truthfuly they are afraid of the surenos.

This is definitely not true.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #933709
03/17/18 06:12 AM
03/17/18 06:12 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia

Florencia is big. Once considered the second biggest behind 18st. Maybe still is, gang number estimates are difficult.

A lot of Chicano gangs were deep in the 70’s. But not just East LA and Boyle Heights. Clanton 14th Street comes to mind which was once pretty deep in the 1960’s and 70’s, before 18st took over their stronghold in Pico Union.

would you say that the 38th street gang was bigger and stronger in the 70s and 80s than f13? Can you compare the 38th st with other big gangs i that time period please? Thank you very much for your answer.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: alexandarns] #933783
03/17/18 04:59 PM
03/17/18 04:59 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

would you say that the 38th street gang was bigger and stronger in the 70s and 80s than f13? Can you compare the 38th st with other big gangs i that time period please? Thank you very much for your answer.

I can’t say for certain if 38th Street was bigger than F13 in those days. Ive never heard that but I’m not old enough to know. 38th Street has always been a major gang in their part of the city, that’s for sure. I do see 38 as being one of the bigger and well known older Chicano gangs in all LA.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #934671
03/23/18 09:56 PM
03/23/18 09:56 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia

I can’t say for certain if 38th Street was bigger than F13 in those days. Ive never heard that but I’m not old enough to know. 38th Street has always been a major gang in their part of the city, that’s for sure. I do see 38 as being one of the bigger and well known older Chicano gangs in all LA.

Thanks, did they go to war with the crips and bloods in that time? Can you posibly give me some pointers on the difrence betwen the south side gangs like the F13 and 38th st and the east los gangs like barrio nuevo estrada or white fence?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: alexandarns] #934735
03/24/18 03:50 PM
03/24/18 03:50 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
The main difference between the east side and south central would probably be that south LA chicanos grew up with more Blacks and so there was more influence between the two groups in talk and style. Most of the gang wars between Chicano and black gangs started much later. F13 vs East coast Crips started early 2000’s. Also the Crips were still in their infant years in the 70s anyway. Spreading rapidly but not as established as the 80’s.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 03/24/18 03:52 PM.
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #934751
03/24/18 07:02 PM
03/24/18 07:02 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The other side of the coin is that people from South Central, Compton, and Watts think everything outside of south LA is soft, even the east side, despite its rich tradition.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #934773
03/24/18 09:16 PM
03/24/18 09:16 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
The main difference between the east side and south central would probably be that south LA chicanos grew up with more Blacks and so there was more influence between the two groups in talk and style. Most of the gang wars between Chicano and black gangs started much later. F13 vs East coast Crips started early 2000’s. Also the Crips were still in their infant years in the 70s anyway. Spreading rapidly but not as established as the 80’s.

Okay I get it, and as oak said and stated, are the south side chicano gangs that much tougher now and throu history? Also I have a question if you please about F13. What would you say what streets are their original homebase? HQ? I realize there is one old pic and mural on holmes ave and florence, is that the spot?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #934775
03/24/18 09:20 PM
03/24/18 09:20 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I didn't say they were tougher, I said they think they're tougher. People from South Central think gang banging everywhere else is amateur night. Even other parts of LA, with notorious gang histories, like East LA.

The traditional east side neighborhoods view South Central as undisciplined and wild. South Central views the east side as antiquated, slow paced.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: OakAsFan] #934782
03/24/18 09:55 PM
03/24/18 09:55 PM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I didn't say they were tougher, I said they think they're tougher. People from South Central think gang banging everywhere else is amateur night. Even other parts of LA, with notorious gang histories, like East LA.

The traditional east side neighborhoods view South Central as undisciplined and wild. South Central views the east side as antiquated, slow paced.

It does seem undisciplined and wild, especially with all those blacks over there back in the day. Lol just kidding oak , I don't mean that. But serious, I allways wondered how the f13 gang and the crips got along in the 70s and 80s. Think the f13 hood was real big even than

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: alexandarns] #934786
03/24/18 10:28 PM
03/24/18 10:28 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Speaking very generally I’d say Oak is right in how gangs in these areas can view each other. Also these views tend to be even more magnified the further out you go, so within the inner city of LA many will view the Valley gangs as being softer for example, even though it’s not always really the case. Gangs like F13 and 38th Street are as legit as they come though.

I think it’s easier to see how a gang like F13 could get along with Crips for so long when you realize that Mexicans and Blacks from these hoods grow up in the same exact neighborhoods in many cases and pretty much share big patches of territory. Which means a lot of them grew up together since elementary school days, playing at each other’s houses as kids and all that. Knowing each other and where they live. In example Florencia with East Coast Crips and Mad Swan Bloods, Harpys with Rollin 20’s, ATC13 with Harlem 30’s and many many more. It’s not in most best interest to start these kind of wars but some are inevitable due to all sorts of different circumstances. It’s like two gangs operate the same general area but one recruits Blacks and the other recruits Hispanics but it’s basically the same general neighborhood. Traditionally Hispanics gangs mostly worried about their longtime Hispanic rivals and Blacks mostly fought their rivals.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #934791
03/25/18 12:22 AM
03/25/18 12:22 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, I was going to say, they all view the San Fernando Valley as a joke, even though the valley has some reputable sets in Pacoima, both black and Latino.

How well did Crips and Florencia get along in the '70s? I'm going to just guess, not too well.

SoCal can probably go further into it, but blacks and Latinos who lived in the same housing projects were typically allies, and many still are. I believe the Grape Street Crips (Watts) and Varrio Grape get along. Grape Street Crips were actually called Varrio Grape Street at first, and still were in the 1980s.

The Flats in Boyle Heights had East Coast Crip (1st street?) in their same projects and got along, but that place got torn down.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #934794
03/25/18 12:54 AM
03/25/18 12:54 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
It’s like that in Watts. Even now with Bounty Hunters and Village Boys 13.

The Aliso Village projects in Boyle Heights was home to several gangs CxFlats, Al Capone 13, The Mob Crew, Clarance St.Locos, EastLA 13, PxFlats and East Coast Crips1st but that’s a case where it was always war but more so gangs vs gang rather than racial. Bad situation when a housing project is at war with itself.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #935170
03/27/18 08:45 PM
03/27/18 08:45 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Looking at it from a regional perspective:

Latin Kings membership is most prevalent in the Midwest obviously then i say Northeast, South, and West last. I notice outside of Texas & Florida that they have significant activity in Georgia, Tennessee, & North Carolina.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #936124
04/04/18 02:22 PM
04/04/18 02:22 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@SoCalGangs

When did the ' Card' originated from for sub alliances in Crips/Bloods?

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #936143
04/04/18 04:18 PM
04/04/18 04:18 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
@SoCalGangs

Do you mean when and how the alliances like Neighborhood Crips and Gangster Crip originated? I’m no Crip/Blood historian but my understanding is that the first big original split within Crips was in the late 70’s/early 80’s when rollin 60’s NHC became rivals with 83 GC with most surrounding Crip gangs choosing a side in the conflict. Bloods, not so sure but I think it has to do with a lot of their hoods predating the official Blood alliance like the Brims and the Piru’s being around before the actual Blood alliance which was actually a response to the Crip county wide expansion.

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #936171
04/04/18 06:07 PM
04/04/18 06:07 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@SoCalGangs

Do you mean when and how the alliances like Neighborhood Crips and Gangster Crip originated? I’m no Crip/Blood historian but my understanding is that the first big original split within Crips was in the late 70’s/early 80’s when rollin 60’s NHC became rivals with 83 GC with most surrounding Crip gangs choosing a side in the conflict. Bloods, not so sure but I think it has to do with a lot of their hoods predating the official Blood alliance like the Brims and the Piru’s being around before the actual Blood alliance which was actually a response to the Crip county wide expansion.

Okay. I was just wondering about the name. Have the conflict between ECC & F13?

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #936858
04/09/18 01:33 PM
04/09/18 01:33 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Chicago's gang population is difficult to gauge the size. The information have varied but I think this list is half or so inaccurate on total membership. This covers the Chicagoland in Cook County. Most recent reports states the estimate is around 70,000 in the city. Yet the national gang report place Cook County around 60,000+.

A 1993 Chicago Tribune report that the gang population was around 38,000 with half of that membership in 4 mobs ( GD, VL, LK , & LD).
Im leaning more in between the 60-70K mark.

Attached Files Capture+_2018-01-31-08-29-49.png

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #936964
04/10/18 03:58 PM
04/10/18 03:58 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I don't think GDs actually have 30K members on Chicago. More or less 8K

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #936976
04/10/18 06:00 PM
04/10/18 06:00 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@blackfamily

The gds are atleast 15k strong in metropolitan chicago

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: cookcounty] #936978
04/10/18 06:05 PM
04/10/18 06:05 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@blackfamily

The gds are atleast 15k strong in metropolitan chicago

I still think that's abit high maybe 12K.

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #937045
04/11/18 02:22 PM
04/11/18 02:22 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
GDN membership is highest in the Midwest obviously then the South, Northeast, & West. They have plenty of members and offbrands as well that makes them seem so large.

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #937058
04/11/18 03:36 PM
04/11/18 03:36 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
There's atleast 5k gds combined in the north, south and west suburbs alone

Gds are still the deepest black mob in chicago

Most of then probably don't know what hoover looks like but they're still gd

Last edited by cookcounty; 04/11/18 03:36 PM.
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #937064
04/11/18 04:04 PM
04/11/18 04:04 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
@SoCalGangs

How the conflict started?

Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: SoCalGangs] #937108
04/12/18 12:01 PM
04/12/18 12:01 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@SoCalGangs

How the conflict started?

No, I'm asking is it still ongoing or have it calm down?

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: cookcounty] #937109
04/12/18 12:09 PM
04/12/18 12:09 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@ Cook

I have to recant my statement in bring their numbers down to 10K in the city if it's around 5K in the surburbs.
Does it matter anymore if they know Hoover? There's different guys with ranks back then & now that's receiving recognition.

- African Proverb
Re: Largest Street Orgs In U.S [Re: BlackFamily] #937125
04/12/18 05:50 PM
04/12/18 05:50 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Never seen this documentary before, I heard about it in a news segment about the Suge Knight trial. It's about the history of the Crips and Bloods and their feud. The actor Cle 'Bone' Sloan directed it, he was himself an Athens Park Blood, but most of the gang experts in this thread know this already I'd reckon.. The doc is supposedly very good, most of you guys probably already saw it but I thought I'd post it anyway..

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 04/12/18 05:51 PM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull