GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Captbony1999, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,182
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Have you had someone special that got away? #930645
02/24/18 08:27 AM
02/24/18 08:27 AM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline OP
Capo
Primo  Offline OP
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
Maybe this is a weird ? for a Organized crime forum. But I can't talk to my friends in my immediate life about stuff like this. None of them would get it. I never really had any regrets about any of my past relationship except one other. . But I saw just today a girl I had gone out with, was pregnant and engaged. She was an amazing individual and probably the most beautiful girl I have ever been with. We went out last year and I fucked it up.I let something really good go. And seeing that today about her having a kid with someone else really messed with me. She would of stuck with me and there was a chance we might of gotten married and had kids. I left her though I was dealing with a lot of personal shit and I didn't know how to tell her, which is something I have to work on. I don't know. I am turning 27 this month and I can't tell if I am messed up over this girl. Or if I am just getting old seeing people I care about settling down with other people, combined with losing other people in my life that I have cared about deeply.

Have any of you ever felt like you had a special relationship get away? I have had 2 now that really hurt when I think about how I let them go. And I just keep thinking about how in a Bronx Tale and Sonny saying that you get 3 loves in this world. And I worry I will have lost all of my chances without realizing it. I used to want to be single forever. But now after having lost a ton of close people , I hate being alone. And I am happy with who I am. But it hurts when you let an opportunity like love leave.

Last edited by Primo; 02/24/18 08:31 AM.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930651
02/24/18 09:20 AM
02/24/18 09:20 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
I had one 4 years ago and i still think about her every day
I mean it there is no day pass without thinking about her for 4 years now
I think that sometimes you just never forget about someone you loved frown
And I truly think that there is love and there is real love which never ends

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930655
02/24/18 10:11 AM
02/24/18 10:11 AM
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Novi Sad,Serbia
you both will when you fall in love again.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930660
02/24/18 10:54 AM
02/24/18 10:54 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Buddy, been there and done that. I will guarantee you this, you will meet another amazing girl and after a while you will realize the new one is the perfect fit.
You said you were dealing with a lot? Well, mentally you werent ready to settle down. You sometimes need to be selfish and work on making yourself better before you can totally commit to someone. I know how you feel and its not easy, you may feel guilty, lonely, and all the other bad shit that goes along with losing a girl you think was perfect for you. Whats bothing you as well is the fact that she moved on and you didnt. Dont let that obscure the fact that in reality, she probably wasnt the perfect fit for you. Trust me on this.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/24/18 10:55 AM.
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930758
02/25/18 05:07 AM
02/25/18 05:07 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Yeah, been there, she has kids now. Just strangers talking here, but if you connect on different things, there are some things that need work on. If you been with a partner for over 3 years, there is something there and communication is strong. My biggest weakness is gambling. Me and her, 5 years. If it is under 3 years then forget about it. You may think it was something there, but that is only your mind playing tricks on you.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930759
02/25/18 05:16 AM
02/25/18 05:16 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The greatest women I ever met is my wife. Been together over 50 years. Never cheated on her because I knew a good thing when I saw it. Every women I met before I met her meant nothing to me. When I got in trouble they would walk away except her that knucklehead:)

But, if I never met her I probably would have met another women who maybe I would have felt the same way about maybe.

only the unloved hate
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #930771
02/25/18 10:02 AM
02/25/18 10:02 AM
G
Gudfadern Offline
Button
Gudfadern  Offline
G
Button
It really pains me to admit that what some of you experienced I find relatable. I am 28, but turning 29 this year and I basically wasted my entire youth because of one girl, not that it was the only reason behind all of the loneliness and depression or the tougher times during those years in general, but since during these last few years thinking back to those days it feels almost like as if it sort of was a dream, and that's not exactly a very pleasant feeling... I'm guessing that's because nothing exciting ever happened, but that might be a different story. It honestly cost me like ten years to even get over that one, that all happened just a few years after having finally left behind the place where I was born and had lived all my life for a completely different city in this country rather far away from there when my eyes picked up on a different, somewhat reminiscent girl one day... Now, it has gone more than an additional year and a half I think since that time I first understood that I had to proceed. That oppurtunity came around about three months ago, I was turned down, am quite sure because of one mistake - the wrong approach. I was reminded by, and now realize that having heartache to me really is one of the greatest pains you can experience. My heart is shattered, but they make the decision whether this should happen or not. They eventually live on and forget, men don't.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Gudfadern] #933359
03/15/18 10:23 AM
03/15/18 10:23 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Gudfadern
It really pains me to admit that what some of you experienced I find relatable. I am 28, but turning 29 this year and I basically wasted my entire youth because of one girl, not that it was the only reason behind all of the loneliness and depression or the tougher times during those years in general, but since during these last few years thinking back to those days it feels almost like as if it sort of was a dream, and that's not exactly a very pleasant feeling... I'm guessing that's because nothing exciting ever happened, but that might be a different story. It honestly cost me like ten years to even get over that one, that all happened just a few years after having finally left behind the place where I was born and had lived all my life for a completely different city in this country rather far away from there when my eyes picked up on a different, somewhat reminiscent girl one day... Now, it has gone more than an additional year and a half I think since that time I first understood that I had to proceed. That oppurtunity came around about three months ago, I was turned down, am quite sure because of one mistake - the wrong approach. I was reminded by, and now realize that having heartache to me really is one of the greatest pains you can experience. My heart is shattered, but they make the decision whether this should happen or not. They eventually live on and forget, men don't.

yeah i agree
when i look back on time it feels like it's all was a dream, that's weird...

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #936506
04/06/18 08:40 PM
04/06/18 08:40 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
After a break up,depression hits which is normal,you think you will never find better than she was.That's just wrong.

With every girl you will feel different emotion,every girl will make u feel different.Break up is nothing more than another experience that makes u stronger.

To answer a question,no,never had anything serious before this one,i am with same girl for past 8 years,she is pregnant now,1 month pregnant.

Last edited by Strax; 04/06/18 08:45 PM.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #936519
04/06/18 11:26 PM
04/06/18 11:26 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Things Change.
And that’s a good thing.

I believe we are always where we are supposed to be and things happen for very good reasons and if we roll with it and trust the ebb & tide we end up exactly where we are supposed to be.

My Answer to question; Yes but, I may have let her get away since....things change and i am exactly where I need to be.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: DuesPaid] #936522
04/06/18 11:50 PM
04/06/18 11:50 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Things Change.
And that’s a good thing.

I believe we are always where we are supposed to be and things happen for very good reasons and if we roll with it and trust the ebb & tide we end up exactly where we are supposed to be.

My Answer to question; Yes but, I may have let her get away since....things change and i am exactly where I need to be.

How true & how fuckin' beautiful..ur so right Dues..Good Man!!

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: hoodlum] #936524
04/07/18 12:08 AM
04/07/18 12:08 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Things Change.
And that’s a good thing.

How true & how fuckin' beautiful..ur so right Dues..Good Man!!

Thank you Sir, We all Live and need to make sure we Learn as well.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #936533
04/07/18 12:38 AM
04/07/18 12:38 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
I had one. The more years that go by though I realize it worked out for the best.

What makes it awkward though is after a few years after we broke up, my dad married her aunt. So the lady I new as 'Aunt Patty' is now my step mom and her cousins are now my stepsisters.

And then one of my stepsisters marries a guy who has the same first and middle name as me.

But yeah it all worked out for the best believe it or not.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #936535
04/07/18 01:01 AM
04/07/18 01:01 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni
I had one. The more years that go by though I realize it worked out for the best.

What makes it awkward though is after a few years after we broke up, my dad married her aunt. So the lady I new as 'Aunt Patty' is now my step mom and her cousins are now my stepsisters.

And then one of my stepsisters marries a guy who has the same first and middle name as me.

Just as long as ur ok wit it........life goes on..."cause...IIII aint got no body"...meaning..there is someone always worse off than u..us..

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: hoodlum] #936666
04/07/18 09:41 PM
04/07/18 09:41 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

Just as long as ur ok wit it........life goes on..."cause...IIII aint got no body"...meaning..there is someone always worse off than u..us..

https://youtu.be/xx86CxKYtg0

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #981121
11/17/19 07:16 PM
11/17/19 07:16 PM
G
Gudfadern Offline
Button
Gudfadern  Offline
G
Button
God, have been in a difficult place now for almost 4 years in relating to this subject. Where I am now is currently that I don't know whether she "got away" or not. Such absolutely confusing times, getting positive vibes, then negative ones, back and forth and then the whole thing repeats. Anyone ever experienced the subject about someone they don't know?

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Gudfadern] #981127
11/17/19 07:40 PM
11/17/19 07:40 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

God, have been in a difficult place now for almost 4 years in relating to this subject. Where I am now is currently that I don't know whether she "got away" or not. Such absolutely confusing times, getting positive vibes, then negative ones, back and forth and then the whole thing repeats. Anyone ever experienced the subject about someone they don't know?

I hear ya brother. I had a four-year-long relationship end recently and I'm still not sure I'm over it.

I constantly go back and forth over whether I could've tried harder to save it, do things different.

She doesn't message me anymore and I reciprocate.

I hope she's doing well. She was a special gal.

If you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye...

Seriously, I feel like killing myself over shit like this all the time.

But I don't have the guts. I need someone to do to me what they did to Jeffrey Epstein.

Know you're not alone in this, Gudfadern. Relationships end every day, and sometimes it's amicable, but a lot of the time there will be someone suffering in silence.

I'm sure someone will come along and make you forget all about her.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #981135
11/17/19 08:42 PM
11/17/19 08:42 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

I hear ya brother. I had a four-year-long relationship end recently and I'm still not sure I'm over it.

I constantly go back and forth over whether I could've tried harder to save it, do things different.

But I don't have the guts. I need someone to do to me what they did to Jeffrey Epstein.

Know you're not alone in this, Gudfadern. Relationships end every day, and sometimes it's amicable, but a lot of the time there will be someone suffering in silence.

Yes,,, Yess Moe... hear those words you offer good4dem” Hear them and cement that in a Solid Foundation for know things change and change 4 sure,

Life is a Roller Coaster, UPS & DOWNS, we need to ride them all and stay on board.

Wait for the good times , its worth it.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #981189
11/18/19 08:38 PM
11/18/19 08:38 PM
G
Gudfadern Offline
Button
Gudfadern  Offline
G
Button
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Thanks MT. I don't even wish to want to forget if you know what I'm saying by this.

Started getting positive thoughts again after she said no... actually she didn't say no she said 'I don't have time unfortunately' and that's all I let her say during those brief seconds. Anyway I got my hopes back because I'm convinced she replied to my message from almost a year earlier on Facebook where they randomly filter away whichever message they feel you don't want to see because of their absolutely briliant message filtering idea because her profile pic showed across a local buy & sell group I wasn't even visiting plus showed up twice in the list of people I might know - never once before asking her out. Coincidence...?

I hope your ex-girlfriend eventually messages you back if it is what you want friend.

I was doing better in that department because I got abruptly interrupted and went down even lower than I already was there so I haven't been thinking of her to that degree because all of that energy all of a sudden was put onto a crisis situation I am still dealing with now almost two years after. That was until this Sunday when I think she happened to walk past me but I never saw her face so I am not positive, either way it messed with my head again.
The very little communicating I had with her I felt a major chemistry which was even greater then last time I felt this way. I think she would be my third one that I've felt this strongly for.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: MeyerLansky] #981190
11/18/19 08:55 PM
11/18/19 08:55 PM
G
Gudfadern Offline
Button
Gudfadern  Offline
G
Button
Originally Posted by MeyerLansky
I had one 4 years ago and i still think about her every day
I mean it there is no day pass without thinking about her for 4 years now
I think that sometimes you just never forget about someone you loved frown
And I truly think that there is love and there is real love which never ends

I agree with what you said completely. Sorry to hear about your struggling, I hope you get what you wish for too.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #987747
03/17/20 01:04 AM
03/17/20 01:04 AM
B
BugsyM Offline
Made Member
BugsyM  Offline
B
Made Member
I let a couple get away, but I just see it as it was not meant to be, you're only 27, you have sooo much time, forget about the past, don't focus on the future, focus on now, be the best you can be, right now, in every way, health wise, eat right, work out, treat everybody with respect, unless they give you a reason no to, separate yourself from negative people, and when you are in a situation where you meet somebody - go for it, have no fear.

Try this, I think it will help you: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stoicism/

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #989385
04/12/20 04:42 PM
04/12/20 04:42 PM
Over Here < < in TX
U talkin' da me ?? Offline
Shiny Brass
U talkin' da me ??  Offline
Shiny Brass
Underboss
Over Here < < in TX
Who hasn't had someone special get away??

"It's nothing personal, Sonny....... It's strictly business."

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: U talkin' da me ??] #989398
04/12/20 08:59 PM
04/12/20 08:59 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by U talkin' da me ??

I heard that..I would cut off an arm 2 have my high school sweetheart back...what a babe & memories..2yrs down the drain cause ..I was a fuck up & chose the wrong path@ a crucial time in my early days.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: hoodlum] #989436
04/13/20 03:40 PM
04/13/20 03:40 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

I heard that..I would cut off an arm 2 have my high school sweetheart back...what a babe & memories..2yrs down the drain cause ..I was a fuck up & chose the wrong path@ a crucial time in my early days.

Same, other than wanting her back.

I got what I want now.

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: DuesPaid] #989489
04/14/20 03:43 PM
04/14/20 03:43 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Same, other than wanting her back.

I got what I want now.

Yeah , I luv mine 2..I'd b lost without her..

Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: hoodlum] #989535
04/15/20 09:54 PM
04/15/20 09:54 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama

Same here. My problem was I liked to have her and others as well. Obviously she didn't like that too much

Last edited by dixiemafia; 04/15/20 09:55 PM.
Re: Have you had someone special that got away? [Re: Primo] #989536
04/15/20 10:57 PM
04/15/20 10:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
It happened to me. But it was my fault; I forgot to lock the van.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull