GangsterBB.NET



Who's Online Now
2 registered members (BugsyM, Ravens410), 32 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Gina's Artroom
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website

>MobPosters.com
>Puzo Amazon Store
>Ebay: Godfather
>Ebay: Scarface

>Live Chatroom
A word from our sponsors...



Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
JakeTheSnake630, RobertMagro, BELFASTCELTIC, DannyDee, 2004lebanshee
9318 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 56,347
DE NIRO 44,682
J Geoff 30,919
pizzaboy 23,235
SC 22,900
Mignon 19,065
Don Cardi 18,229
Turnbull 18,144
Sicilian Babe 17,276
plawrence 15,058
Beth E 14,900
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics37,655
Posts951,895
Members9,318
Most Online663
May 27th, 2012
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Myth Of Absent Black Fathers #930142
02/20/18 03:57 PM
02/20/18 03:57 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)


Mainstream media stereotypes as usual.


If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930162
02/20/18 05:42 PM
02/20/18 05:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
I grew up with a lot of people raised by single mothers who ended up fine. Products of divorce. Would visit their fathers every other weekend, or something like that, but the father had very little influence on their upbringing. They ended up doing great.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930184
02/20/18 07:05 PM
02/20/18 07:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
Divorce is totally different. The fathers usually play a big part in their childs lives. The kids have a sense of identity and usually have normal relationships with their grandparents and relatives
Out of wedlock Kids, many times, have no idea who their father, have no sense of identity, and more often than not, are born to very young, unskilled mothers who rely on welfare from day one. Those kids dont have a sense of identity and many times their siblings come from different fathers who they dont know either,
Coming from a divorced family and being born out of wedlock are comparing apples and oranges.
With diviorce, as tramutic as it may be, the child has a sense of stability and knows that they were born through traditional marriage opposed to an out of wedlock birth where they were concieved from “ a night of clubbing”.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/20/18 07:14 PM.
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: Belmont] #930185
02/20/18 07:08 PM
02/20/18 07:08 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
Originally Posted by Belmont
Divorce is totally different. The fathers usually play a big part in their childs lives. The kids have a sense of identity and usually have normal relationships with their grandparents and relatives
Out of wedlock Kids, many times, have no idea who their fathers are and more often than not, are born to very young, unskilled mothers who rely on welfare. Those kids dont have a sense of identity and many times their siblings come from different fathers who they dont know either,
Coming from a divorced family and being born out of wedlock are comparing apples and oranges.
With diviorce, as tramutic as it may be, the child has a sense of stability and knows that they were born through traditional marriage opposed to an out of wedlock birth where they were concieved from “ a night of clubbing”.


Obviously your a troll or fully not comprehending the information presented to you.


If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930186
02/20/18 07:09 PM
02/20/18 07:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
No, im not a troll. I just dont buy into the nonsense you espouse. Its untrue and defies logic.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930192
02/20/18 07:57 PM
02/20/18 07:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
I know of plenty cases where the fathers of divorced kids played a minimal role, at best, and the kids ended up fine. I pointed that out. This was the case with one of my best friends. He's in his 40s now and is quite successful by most standards.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930196
02/20/18 08:26 PM
02/20/18 08:26 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
Of course crime results from kids that come from divorced families. However, its MUCH more prevelent with children born out of wedlock, especially violent crime. Lets not forget welfare, poverty, and kids who have no idea who their fathers are.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/20/18 08:28 PM.
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930198
02/20/18 08:51 PM
02/20/18 08:51 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930201
02/20/18 08:57 PM
02/20/18 08:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
I'm not sure what you mean when you say that crime results from kids that come from divorced families. This hasn't been the case in my experience. Lots of single moms raised boys to successful men where I'm from.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930202
02/20/18 08:59 PM
02/20/18 08:59 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by alexandarns
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.

Jeez pal you sound like you've got a lot of hate built up there. I didn't even know they had many black folks in Serbia for you to form these opinions.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: RollinBones] #930209
02/20/18 09:13 PM
02/20/18 09:13 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by alexandarns
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.

Jeez pal you sound like you've got a lot of hate built up there. I didn't even know they had many black folks in Serbia for you to form these opinions.



No buddy, I don't have even a bit of hate. I listen to hip hop and grew up with a family of black from Nigeria. Don't really hate anyone especially blacks but that's the way it is it's just that you guys won't admit to it and I get that. How come the little italy's or whatever old ghetto's aren't ghettos anymore? And is it not trur that Obama was 50% white?
Don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. Went to school for 4 years in the US and have fam there so..you guys just can't say a word without a lot of freaks, liberals and what not jumping like Al Sharpton.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930212
02/20/18 09:23 PM
02/20/18 09:23 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Black people in America have not had "150 years of freedom".

In fact, no group in America has enjoyed 150 consecutive years of freedom, other than white, Christian males.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: Belmont] #930217
02/20/18 09:39 PM
02/20/18 09:39 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
Originally Posted by Belmont
No, im not a troll. I just dont buy into the nonsense you espouse. Its untrue and defies logic.


Since I'm one of those out of wedlock children then I'm a walking paradox by your logic. Alrighty I will just take option A the troll and leave ye be. Peace.


If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930218
02/20/18 09:39 PM
02/20/18 09:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by alexandarns
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by alexandarns
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.

Jeez pal you sound like you've got a lot of hate built up there. I didn't even know they had many black folks in Serbia for you to form these opinions.



No buddy, I don't have even a bit of hate. I listen to hip hop and grew up with a family of black from Nigeria. Don't really hate anyone especially blacks but that's the way it is it's just that you guys won't admit to it and I get that. How come the little italy's or whatever old ghetto's aren't ghettos anymore? And is it not trur that Obama was 50% white?
Don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. Went to school for 4 years in the US and have fam there so..you guys just can't say a word without a lot of freaks, liberals and what not jumping like Al Sharpton.


If you can't see how the shit you just posted was, at the very least, extremely ignorant then I don't know how much you're really willing to learn. For instance the history of things like redlining and other tools the government used to stifle black upward mobility. Also, the "end of slavery = end of racism and systematic oppression" argument is oversimplified and unrealistic. Do you really think the day the sun rose after the Emancipation Proclamation all racism and racist practices simply disappeared? That people didn't pass that racism down and those in power do what they could to make sure that power stayed firmly in an all-white grasp? That's a horribly narrow view to take man.

Obama is absolutely half-white, but I don't see why you think that's the key reason he was elected president.

Also, Little Italy is not a ghetto anymore because of its proximity to central Manhattan and the gentrification that has come with that. The neighborhood was a slum for over 100 years before people with money began wanting to move back in to major cities. The same sort of gentrification is happening in historically Black neighborhoods like Bed Stuy and Bushwick. When it was still a slum, most Italians who could afford to leave, did.

If you care to read more about this here's a good starting point. Not trying to belittle you or your experience, just offering a different perspective.
https://timeline.com/redlining-federal-housing-racist-14d7f48267e8

Last edited by RollinBones; 02/20/18 09:40 PM.
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930219
02/20/18 09:45 PM
02/20/18 09:45 PM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
B
BlackFamily Offline OP
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline OP
B
Underboss
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,903
Magnolia State (662)
Originally Posted by alexandarns
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.


You do realized that majority of blacks don't live in the ghetto , Carry themselves like every other American just with extra flavor, have multiple forms of music & creativity, inventions, & oh I'm sorry your not from here. How's the weather over there Cuzzz?


If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930220
02/20/18 09:46 PM
02/20/18 09:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
Little Italy isnt a slum because the italians made it a better place. They actually had pride in their neighborhoods. They worked hard, saved their money, and then moved to the suburbs. Even in the 1970’s when they were still many Italians still living there, it was extremely safe. Money doesnt make a neighborhood safe, the people that live there do. Ask any italian who lived in an urban ghetto and they all say the same thing: they never locked their doors.
Most italians have strong traditional family values. Many asians came here the last 20 years and they are very poor. Yet , their kids do very well and the crime rates in asian neighborhoods are very low, especially compared to black neighborhoods. Asians are the true minorites. Again, stong family values. When is the last time you saw an asian with out of wedlock babies? Good luck trying to find one.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/20/18 09:49 PM.
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930221
02/20/18 09:51 PM
02/20/18 09:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 883
They dont live in ghettos’s! They actually turn nice neighborhoods into ghettos. They are great at doing that. No offense.
Black inventions?? Really??? Give me a break.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930222
02/20/18 09:55 PM
02/20/18 09:55 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
RollinBones I appreciate your kind words and thank you for the link but you just making excuses for them that's all, thay should man up for their own acts. Not really talking about little italy man, but little italys all over America. How about the lower east side where the irish and jews left long before GENTRIFICATION. You can't blame it all on white folks that is just childish.
Not saying that Obama was elected because he was half white, but because of that he had a brain and is smart, and you guys know it. Look at black crime and italian organized crime, where did black crime lead? Never pased drugs. And than look at the italians, should I say more? One example after another.

Stop making exuses for their actions, it's just the way it is and that's ok. Nobody plays baskeball od dances like a black.

And for Oak

slavery was abolished 1865, so I don't know what the hell are you talking about. I don't care if you guys think white people were bringing them down. For me that's an exuse not to get up of your ass

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: OakAsFan] #930223
02/20/18 09:56 PM
02/20/18 09:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 722
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 722
Midwest
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
I grew up with a lot of people raised by single mothers who ended up fine. Products of divorce. Would visit their fathers every other weekend, or something like that, but the father had very little influence on their upbringing. They ended up doing great.


This is about as retarded as stating that height is of no help in basketball because 5'8 Isiah Thomas is a great basketball player. We are talking about on-average differences and distributions, moron. Not individuals.

This issue isn't up for debate. We have overwhelming empirical social science research on the extremely negative effects of single mother households. They show these children have inferior outcomes in education, economic attainment and mental health. I will not even go into the massively increased risk for childhood trauma- sexual and physical abuse is sickeningly common.

Last edited by LittleNicky; 02/20/18 10:00 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930224
02/20/18 10:02 PM
02/20/18 10:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 124
F
fatdomgamiello36 Offline
Made Member
fatdomgamiello36  Offline
F
Made Member
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 124
Can someone give me the cliff notes of this argument? Is it that the statistical evidence is wrong and there aren't alot of black kids with no fathers or is the argument that it isn't' that bad to have no dad?

Last edited by fatdomgamiello36; 02/20/18 10:03 PM.
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930225
02/20/18 10:08 PM
02/20/18 10:08 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by alexandarns
you are all fighting a lost cause, blacks tend to act like animals more than any other race even the latino race. They didnt get out of the ghettos like any other ethnic group like the jews, irish or italians..They stay and pillage their own neighbourhoods like rabies dogs even after 150 years of freedom and all that has been done for the emantipation of blacks. Obama would never have been president if he wasnt half white, and thats a fact.


You do realized that majority of blacks don't live in the ghetto , Carry themselves like every other American just with extra flavor, have multiple forms of music & creativity, inventions, & oh I'm sorry your not from here. How's the weather over there Cuzzz?



That's not flavor, it's called uncivilized.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930226
02/20/18 10:09 PM
02/20/18 10:09 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by alexandarns
RollinBones I appreciate your kind words and thank you for the link but you just making excuses for them that's all, thay should man up for their own acts. Not really talking about little italy man, but little italys all over America. How about the lower east side where the irish and jews left long before GENTRIFICATION. You can't blame it all on white folks that is just childish.
Not saying that Obama was elected because he was half white, but because of that he had a brain and is smart, and you guys know it. Look at black crime and italian organized crime, where did black crime lead? Never pased drugs. And than look at the italians, should I say more? One example after another.

Stop making exuses for their actions, it's just the way it is and that's ok. Nobody plays baskeball od dances like a black.

And for Oak

slavery was abolished 1865, so I don't know what the hell are you talking about. I don't care if you guys think white people were bringing them down. For me that's an exuse not to get up of your ass

I'm not making any excuses, only exposing the racist history of America to you. It is what it is, but people don't like to be real about it. You're gonna sit here and tell me you're not racist when you consider black people to essentially be inferior to whites? Come on.

Obviously, you're not the only one that thinks that way. America has had generations of policy makers that believed the same and used their power to further their own agendas. And forgive but I still don't see your point about Obama. So he had a brain only because he was half-white?

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930227
02/20/18 10:10 PM
02/20/18 10:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 722
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 722
Midwest
Just a white chick with a bizarre argument about cohabitation. We have the evidence on cohabitation, it is inferior to marriage in every way on childhood outcomes.

And even if we find it a step above the worst case scenario (ie no father), blacks again lead the racial groups in that: https://ifstudies.org/blog/race-cohabitation-and-childrens-family-stability

And anyone that wants to play the slavery game needs to explain why the black family was stronger than whites pre-welfare state. You literally would have to believe that the worst kind of racism in history failed to dent the family structure, but 1960s and 70s racism did.


Last edited by LittleNicky; 02/20/18 10:12 PM.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: RollinBones] #930230
02/20/18 10:27 PM
02/20/18 10:27 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by alexandarns
RollinBones I appreciate your kind words and thank you for the link but you just making excuses for them that's all, thay should man up for their own acts. Not really talking about little italy man, but little italys all over America. How about the lower east side where the irish and jews left long before GENTRIFICATION. You can't blame it all on white folks that is just childish.
Not saying that Obama was elected because he was half white, but because of that he had a brain and is smart, and you guys know it. Look at black crime and italian organized crime, where did black crime lead? Never pased drugs. And than look at the italians, should I say more? One example after another.

Stop making exuses for their actions, it's just the way it is and that's ok. Nobody plays baskeball od dances like a black.

And for Oak

slavery was abolished 1865, so I don't know what the hell are you talking about. I don't care if you guys think white people were bringing them down. For me that's an exuse not to get up of your ass

I'm not making any excuses, only exposing the racist history of America to you. It is what it is, but people don't like to be real about it. You're gonna sit here and tell me you're not racist when you consider black people to essentially be inferior to whites? Come on.

Obviously, you're not the only one that thinks that way. America has had generations of policy makers that believed the same and used their power to further their own agendas. And forgive but I still don't see your point about Obama. So he had a brain only because he was half-white?



No I am not racist, I just call them like I see them. Don't mind black people at all, live close to them and hung out. Just like you guys do, but you gotta be honest. Don't see a full bloded black man becoming president, and he never will..yes he was smarter and more aceptable as a half white..
Like Belmont said, neighbourhoods were a lot safer before the blacks came from the south. Yes there were crime and poverty but not the type of crime you find in the black ghetto's. Imagine not locking your door or taking a midnight walk around Brownswille, Brooklyn. Whould you dare? Even as a black man from the n'hood. Walk down compton ave in south central, etc.
What I'm trying to say is that nowdays, when there is so much equality among races, and after a half white half black prez, blacks still complain that white people keep tham down. It's just stupid. Why don't the whites keep the chinese down?

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: BlackFamily] #930231
02/20/18 10:28 PM
02/20/18 10:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Belmont, if you've never met an Asian with children out of wedlock, you've clearly never been to the Red Hawk or Thunder Valley casinos outside of Sacramento.

I might recommend that you visit Fresno, Long Beach, or the San Gabriel Valley for more evidence of Asian ghettos. Oh, and how could I forget Garden Grove?

Your romanticized take on Italian-Americans sounds like Lilo Brancato's narration in A Bronx Tale. Fast forward to this century. Jersey Shore and Growing up Gotti.
Real working class heroes.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930232
02/20/18 10:36 PM
02/20/18 10:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by alexandarns
slavery was abolished 1865,


Slavery isn't the only form of freedom restriction.

You said black people in America have been free for 150 years. That is just crazy. The Civil Rights Act wasn't even passed until just over 50 years ago. No group of people in this country have enjoyed 150 consecutive years of freedom other than Christian white males.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: OakAsFan] #930233
02/20/18 10:42 PM
02/20/18 10:42 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by alexandarns
slavery was abolished 1865,


Slavery isn't the only form of freedom restriction.

You said black people in America have been free for 150 years. That is just crazy. The Civil Rights Act wasn't even passed until just over 50 years ago. No group of people in this country have enjoyed 150 consecutive years of freedom other than Christian white males.


Even if it was 200 years from the civil rights act, blacks would still be jobless, lazy, shooting each others, acting like animals and living in ghetto's. Deal with it.

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930234
02/20/18 10:45 PM
02/20/18 10:45 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by alexandarns
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by alexandarns
slavery was abolished 1865,


Slavery isn't the only form of freedom restriction.

You said black people in America have been free for 150 years. That is just crazy. The Civil Rights Act wasn't even passed until just over 50 years ago. No group of people in this country have enjoyed 150 consecutive years of freedom other than Christian white males.


Even if it was 200 years from the civil rights act, blacks would still be jobless, lazy, shooting each others, acting like animals and living in ghetto's. Deal with it.

Our resident non-racist, everybody! Do you share your true feelings with your Nigerian friends?

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: RollinBones] #930235
02/20/18 10:52 PM
02/20/18 10:52 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
alexandarns Offline
Underboss
alexandarns  Offline
Underboss
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,106
Novi Sad,Serbia
Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by alexandarns
Originally Posted by OakAsFan
Originally Posted by alexandarns
slavery was abolished 1865,


Slavery isn't the only form of freedom restriction.

You said black people in America have been free for 150 years. That is just crazy. The Civil Rights Act wasn't even passed until just over 50 years ago. No group of people in this country have enjoyed 150 consecutive years of freedom other than Christian white males.


Even if it was 200 years from the civil rights act, blacks would still be jobless, lazy, shooting each others, acting like animals and living in ghetto's. Deal with it.

Our resident non-racist, everybody! Do you share your true feelings with your Nigerian friends?


Of course buddy, we talk all the time. I can't dunk or sing like them, not even close. But you don't hear me putting blame on black folks for stealing all the talent. It's just the way thing are.

No need for anymore name calling, I haven't insulted you once. So lets keep it friendly, okey?

Re: Myth Of Absent Black Fathers [Re: alexandarns] #930236
02/20/18 10:53 PM
02/20/18 10:53 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,195
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by alexandarns
. Imagine not locking your door or taking a midnight walk around Brownswille, Brooklyn.


Brownsville. lol. Goodfellas, now? Do you have any source material on this topic other than movies?

It was never safe to walk around Brownsville, not even in the 1950's. The local gang would mug you. The wiseguys might pretend to confront the hoods on your behalf, then whack up the money with them as soon as you walk out of the room.

As your boy Sonny would say...Nobody cares. Nobody cares. Now that was one of the few realistic lines in those movies.


"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC 

Powered by UBB.threads™