GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 92 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,710
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,279
Posts1,057,742
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What would have happened in real life if... #922752
11/08/17 05:16 PM
11/08/17 05:16 PM
F
fatdomgamiello36 Offline OP
Made Member
fatdomgamiello36  Offline OP
F
Made Member
That scene where Tony drives down Phil Leotardo in traffic, forces him into a car accident, and then puts his hands around his nick and jostles him back and forth.

Would a small family Jersey boss have gotten away with doing that to a major five-family New York Capo and survived? Would he have gotten popped?

Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: fatdomgamiello36] #922755
11/08/17 05:36 PM
11/08/17 05:36 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Never !
A Ny capo getting almost killed for 40k ?! And like that ?!?
Even if he is the boss, but still you don't raise your hand...
And especially don't cause him to get an accident, and then hit him like that in public

Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: fatdomgamiello36] #922766
11/08/17 09:40 PM
11/08/17 09:40 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
This one of the areas where David Chase took some "artistic liberties". In real life,one of the protocols is that you don't lay hands on a made guy. Now granted,a lot of so-called rules are overlooked depending on who breaks them,but the "hands off" rule,from what I've read and heard,is pretty much non-negotiable.

(And yes,I know that Anastasia once slapped Carlo Gambino,but it was Carlo who chose not to pursue it). My point is that Tony did it at least four times. Phil,Ralph Ciffaretto(after he killed the stripper),Paulie,(after he came from the steambath w/ Pussy,and Coco(after he insulted Meadow).

Paulie even told Tony "now get your fuckin hands off me",and Ralph screamed at Tony "I'm a made guy". Even Sil told Tony that going after Ralph was wrong.
The more practical question is that,in the Leotardo incident what could New York do about it? A sitdown is out of the question because Tony is a Boss,so who would have the authority to conduct it,and furthermore to assess a punishment if deemed necessary?

Last edited by Lou_Para; 11/08/17 09:42 PM.
Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: Lou_Para] #922769
11/08/17 09:51 PM
11/08/17 09:51 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
"What could ny do" ?
Well they could demand to erase phil debt or at least reduce it, after what happend.

Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: fatdomgamiello36] #922839
11/09/17 07:29 PM
11/09/17 07:29 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
No doubt New York could ask Tony to forgive Phil's debt,but my point is that enforcing any solution would be next to impossible. If Tony told them to go f**k themselves,what are they going to do? He's a Boss,so first of all, he's not going to any sitdown with anybody when it involves him being talked down to.
Second of all,he's a Boss,
third of all,he's a Boss,
last but not least,he's a Boss .

Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: Lou_Para] #923031
11/12/17 02:18 PM
11/12/17 02:18 PM
F
fatdomgamiello36 Offline OP
Made Member
fatdomgamiello36  Offline OP
F
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
This one of the areas where David Chase took some "artistic liberties". In real life,one of the protocols is that you don't lay hands on a made guy. Now granted,a lot of so-called rules are overlooked depending on who breaks them,but the "hands off" rule,from what I've read and heard,is pretty much non-negotiable.

(And yes,I know that Anastasia once slapped Carlo Gambino,but it was Carlo who chose not to pursue it). My point is that Tony did it at least four times. Phil,Ralph Ciffaretto(after he killed the stripper),Paulie,(after he came from the steambath w/ Pussy,and Coco(after he insulted Meadow).

Paulie even told Tony "now get your fuckin hands off me",and Ralph screamed at Tony "I'm a made guy". Even Sil told Tony that going after Ralph was wrong.
The more practical question is that,in the Leotardo incident what could New York do about it? A sitdown is out of the question because Tony is a Boss,so who would have the authority to conduct it,and furthermore to assess a punishment if deemed necessary?

I'd have to agree on the artistic license thing. It's also semi-revealing because I doubt when they wrote that episode they knew Phil was eventually going to become the big cheese in NY and perpetual thorn in Tony's side.

In the second to last episode, when Phil has his big scene in which he gives the order to hit Tony, he goes through some reasons why he's giving the order (forget Coco, forget fat Dom, forget my brother Billy). Yet he makes no mention of Tony strangling him after running him down with an Escalade.

Last edited by fatdomgamiello36; 11/12/17 02:19 PM.
Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: Lou_Para] #923087
11/13/17 04:17 PM
11/13/17 04:17 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
He's a Boss,so first of all, he's not going to any sitdown with anybody when it involves him being talked down to.
Second of all,he's a Boss,
third of all,he's a Boss,
last but not least,he's a Boss .

He's a boss true, no doubt, but of what? That pygmy thing over in Jersey..

Doesn't compare to a boss of one of the 5 families, how John Gotti treated Riggi at that funeral showed that pretty clearly I think..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: What would have happened in real life if... [Re: fatdomgamiello36] #923099
11/13/17 07:31 PM
11/13/17 07:31 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
No question the Soprano family was in the minor leagues,but the point I was trying to make, is that in this particular situation,a different set of rules apply.

For example, if Paulie or Sil or Chris would have pulled that move with Phil,then New York would have rightfully demanded a sitdown,and Tony would have consented, because these were made guys under his control. But the fact that Tony was a Boss,regardless of the size of his Family,changes the dynamic.

No one from Phil's Family wold have the right to demand that a Boss come to a sitdown. The only way a Boss is going to be called to explain himself or defend himself is by the Commission,and they're not going to be bothered with this kind of petty bull between Families.

Bottom line,New York has no standing to call Tony in,Tony has no obligation to make any kind of arrangement with them,and at the end of the day there's not much that New York can do about it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull