GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, Ben54, 1 invisible), 119 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,715
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,783
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Why do people feel the need to make excuses #919846
09/13/17 06:38 AM
09/13/17 06:38 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
For the beating Gotti suffered at the hands of Johnson...

I've read and heard so many people over the yrs all over forums/ here even and youtube etc saying it wasn't a fair fight... Gotti had cancer, he was decade older than the guy, he got clocked by surprise, and now " oh he had cuffs on" etc

Anyone who has ever been street fighting (I grew up fighting from age 14-22) and now I'm registered disabled at 35...yet I still get fools trying to challenge me. And it's always a few vs one me

The time I got jumped by 6-7 Russians for helping my friend, I was recovering from a torn hamstring and hadn't been training for entire yr or more

So my point is- there's NEVER ever a fair fight

Gotti I'm certain enjoyed hurting people as a young man, u telling me he rolled up alone and handed out boxing gloves whilst asking his victim for a medical before they hit it off? Forget about that! He rolled up with Fat Angie, Gene plus Willie boy and beat ya brains out with a bat

People say he was sucker punched, well do u think he sent advance notice when he decide to put 2 behind your ear

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919851
09/13/17 07:57 AM
09/13/17 07:57 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
For me no excuses Gotti was beaten up because johnson was stronger and younger than him.This is it.Mobsters that on the streets are feared in prison must ask protection from prison gang,the only thing on think for is why the aryans doesn't protect gotti by johnson that is a negro ? For humilite Gotti because don't paid for protection ? Or because understanded that gotti would pay more $$$ to kill Johnson ?
At the end the aryans take the money and don't made the job because Johnson is still alive.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919862
09/13/17 11:38 AM
09/13/17 11:38 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
I agree with you Tony, a street fight is almost never a fair fight but from all the stories I've read and heard Gotti was real good with his hands back in the day..

He was fearless and was in a lot of street fights, 1 on 1, during his time with the Rockaway Boys and usually ended up being the winner. That's why he was so respected among his peers I guess..

Last edited by BillyBrizzi; 09/13/17 12:13 PM.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919953
09/14/17 07:11 AM
09/14/17 07:11 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

I've read and heard so many people over the yrs all over forums/ here even and youtube etc saying it wasn't a fair fight... Gotti had cancer, he was decade older than the guy, he got clocked by surprise, and now " oh he had cuffs on" etc

Anyone who has ever been street fighting (I grew up fighting from age 14-22) and now I'm registered disabled at 35...yet I still get fools trying to challenge me. And it's always a few vs one me

The time I got jumped by 6-7 Russians for helping my friend, I was recovering from a torn hamstring and hadn't been training for entire yr or more

Gotti I'm certain enjoyed hurting people as a young man, u telling me he rolled up alone and handed out boxing gloves whilst asking his victim for a medical before they hit it off? Forget about that! He rolled up with Fat Angie, Gene plus Willie boy and beat ya brains out with a bat

People say he was sucker punched, well do u think he sent advance notice when he decide to put 2 behind your ear

For some reason Gotti has a lot of fans. No mobster should have "fans" IMO but if you are gonna respect a mobster gotti should not be on that list. Yes he was a tough guy BUT he wasn't fearless. I could name examples of guys he feared. Did he fear Johnson? I don't know but I do know he got his ass kicked fair and square. This happened before he got cancer too so that excuses doesn't hold up.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919957
09/14/17 08:51 AM
09/14/17 08:51 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
This post sounds like a way to call yourself a tough guy.

Onto the post, Wasn't Gotti almost 60 and this was a young muscular black man?

I didn't even remember this guys name until you brought it up, yet Gotti is a revered street legend

Nobody cares that he got his ass kicked.

Gotti was a mob boss, this guy was a 2 bit bank robber.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919962
09/14/17 10:15 AM
09/14/17 10:15 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
U obviously have trouble reading-
I also said I'm now disabled. Which means I'm the opposite of a tough guy if u can't work that part out

& the people that still try it on me- they're the tough guys so to speak/ not me

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Blackjack2121] #919963
09/14/17 10:21 AM
09/14/17 10:21 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

I didn't even remember this guys name until you brought it up, yet Gotti is a revered street legend

"Nobody cares he got his ass kicked"??

It was all over the papers and people are STIlL discussing it decade on.

"I can't remember his name (Johnson)"

And what does that have to do with anything? Your memory loss or lack of reading isn't relevant to subject matter then is it

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919974
09/14/17 12:34 PM
09/14/17 12:34 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
I agree with blackjack. Gotti was about 60 and the other guy was young and much bigger. I dont want to sound racist but blacks are notorious for going after smaller guys in prison.

ToughTony
Who do you associate with or what kind of environment do you surround yourself in that you get into all these altercations? Kind of wierd.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919977
09/14/17 12:58 PM
09/14/17 12:58 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
No disrespect but u and Blackjack are making excuses for Gotti now...yes we know he was 60, yes we know black guys are physically tough. Tell us something we don't know

When he clipped Paul- Paul was unarmed, was 70, diabetic...

When he got Favara kidnapped, that was several guys vs ONE Favara...

U get my drift, enough with the excuses! This ain't no sanctioned boxing match

Ps

I grew up around street gangs that were associated with certain organisations (not that I ever worked for them), a lot of my friends did and ended up In jail. we're going back 20 yrs though. Just an ordinary law abiding family man now. It might strike u as odd that people would start on someone disabled BUT I'm not wheelchair bound or anything

Rather, I have arthritis of the spine and foot. So looking at me, u would still see a normal looking dude who walks abit slower

And when I say people challenge me, I'm referring to the occasional drunk everyone seems to encounter in a bar or the local street thugs that have too much time on their hands...

I certainly don't look for trouble in my physical state.

Last edited by Tonytough; 09/14/17 01:01 PM.
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919981
09/14/17 02:07 PM
09/14/17 02:07 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
Im not a gotti fan, im a realist. A large, young, black guy attacking a smaller 60 year old guy is a punk move.
Gotti killing Castallano was a business move and a standard mafia occurrence.
After all these years, i still cant believe people inquire about toughness and street fighting when it comes to the mafia. it was NEVER about that. If some local tough guy who was " good with his hands" posed a problem to a mob guy, he would simply be shot. Pretty simple. You think they have time to care about some dumb ass street fight???
Name one boss that was a street fighter. They can care less about that. They use guys for muscle, they dont need to be " good with their hands". They need to be street smart, have an ability to make money, understand politics, and know when and when not to use violence.
Please dont mention Chin's or Scarfo's boxing careers.. i dont know of any golden glove championships or titles they have. Everyone was a boxer in the 1940's and 50's in inner city hoods.

Last edited by Aces; 09/14/17 02:10 PM.
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919986
09/14/17 02:32 PM
09/14/17 02:32 PM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
LOL, agreed, aces. Your line "Name one boss that was a street fighter" will inspire a "Mobsters who were good with their hands" thread in about ten minutes LOL.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919988
09/14/17 02:47 PM
09/14/17 02:47 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Well that's precisely my point

Those who continue to make excuses for Gotti's loss seem to think he was some pro fighter & that it shouldn't have happened

Even Gotti jr says his dad was sucker punched. Nobody sends u notification when they're about to attack

However I'm not sure why the need to distinguish Paul's killing as "business" and the beating as something different

In a prison setting, and IF the AB are to be believed, that' was a business move on their part

Whatever the case, like I've been saying all along. Be it business or prison fight, there are NO rules

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: BillyBrizzi] #919990
09/14/17 02:58 PM
09/14/17 02:58 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
lil nick beat him in a fight micky boy punched him in the face prison..nothing wrong with fighting and losing .it is if you dont fight your a dog..

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #919996
09/14/17 03:27 PM
09/14/17 03:27 PM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
Nicky corozzo had an issue in prison a while back. Trust me, he didnt throw a punch. He merely snapped his finger and the tough guy in question was made an example of.
Is being good with your hands a bad thing? Of course not. Its all about being mentally tough. Anyone can learn to fight but only a few have true mental toughness. Its one of those intangables that very few have innthe grand scheme of things.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Aces] #920000
09/14/17 03:39 PM
09/14/17 03:39 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted By: Aces
Gotti killing Castallano was a business move and a standard mafia occurrence.

If there's such thing as Karma, I doubt it makes exceptions for standard mafia occurrences.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: JCrusher] #920016
09/14/17 06:32 PM
09/14/17 06:32 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

For some reason Gotti has a lot of fans. No mobster should have "fans" IMO but if you are gonna respect a mobster gotti should not be on that list. Yes he was a tough guy BUT he wasn't fearless. I could name examples of guys he feared. Did he fear Johnson? I don't know but I do know he got his ass kicked fair and square. This happened before he got cancer too so that excuses doesn't hold up.

I'm certain after the beatdown Gotti or anyone for that matter would be fearful of another attack.

Especially if Johnson had a shank. Plus, according to that Hack on YouTube, Johnson was a complete lunatic & Gotti didn't have anyone covering his back.

Now I don't mean Gotti was scared to the point he would beg for mercy...and be his bittch

No, not like that. Rather, he is human like us all and fear is one of God given things. Unless Gotti was a complete whack job, but he doesn't strike me as someone who would stand in the middle of a highway & not get scared

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: bronx] #920017
09/14/17 06:36 PM
09/14/17 06:36 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: bronx
lil nick beat him in a fight micky boy punched him in the face prison..nothing wrong with fighting and losing .it is if you dont fight your a dog..

Interesting, I remember someone on here saying Mickey boy slapped him once. But didn't know about Lil Nicky

And also interesting- given the fact Gotti wasn't vindictive to the point he would whack them yrs later considering he had the power

Guys like Scarfo would remember that shit 20 yrs on

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #920019
09/14/17 08:07 PM
09/14/17 08:07 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

And what does that have to do with anything? Your memory loss or lack of reading isn't relevant to subject matter then is it

You sound like a jealous, bitter cry baby from the UK.

Where is memory loss or lack of reading? I don't remember him because he is a nobody. Gotti is renowned. (you probably need to look that word up)

I have memory loss because I forgot about a nobody that no one but you cares about?

LMAO, pathetic.

What a terrible thread full of jealousy and self hate for what you never accomplished in life.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Aces] #920020
09/14/17 08:08 PM
09/14/17 08:08 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I agree with blackjack. Gotti was about 60 and the other guy was young and much bigger. I dont want to sound racist but blacks are notorious for going after smaller guys in prison.

ToughTony
Who do you associate with or what kind of environment do you surround yourself in that you get into all these altercations? Kind of wierd.

He doesn't.

He is living an internet fantasy and this pathetic thread is the proof.

what a clown.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: baldo] #920025
09/14/17 09:37 PM
09/14/17 09:37 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
Originally Posted By: baldo
LOL, agreed, aces. Your line "Name one boss that was a street fighter" will inspire a "Mobsters who were good with their hands" thread in about ten minutes LOL.

consider it done lol. and by the way,Gotti looked p*ssed in the picture of him in the prison hospital,after the beating. f*** the AB,they are losers and it was an epic fail for them to knot get revenge on Johnson on Gotti's behalf.the story has changed 1,000 times,who knows what's realy true,whether the AB extorted Gotti,the AB paid Johnson,or if they were allies with Gotti.in the end,the AB didn't do cr*p to help John Gotti,and that's f***ed up.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: americafyeah] #920027
09/14/17 10:57 PM
09/14/17 10:57 PM
A
alicecooper Offline
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline
A
Underboss
Here's what I read...

Gotti was paying protection to AB and during that time loved to call certain blacks ni**ers loud enough for them to hear maybe even right to their faces. One of which being what's his name.

After a while the egomaniac decides not to pay AB anymore.

AB gives a green light for a lil tune up.

Gotti starts paying AB again and gets no more tune ups.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: alicecooper] #920034
09/14/17 11:45 PM
09/14/17 11:45 PM
A
americafyeah Offline
Capo
americafyeah  Offline
A
Capo
Originally Posted By: alicecooper
Here's what I read...

Gotti was paying protection to AB and during that time loved to call certain blacks ni**ers loud enough for them to hear maybe even right to their faces. One of which being what's his name.

After a while the egomaniac decides not to pay AB anymore.

AB gives a green light for a lil tune up.

Gotti starts paying AB again and gets no more tune ups.

that would make moar sense. you can see how Gotti openly used the N-word in the recorded phone calls during prison visits with his family. i also read that like Gotti used the N-word in the bugged phone calls,that were played during his trial. and that his attorneys thot the tapes would negatively impact the way black jurors saw him.do you think Gotti was friends with the AB? or was he just like paying them protection? do you think the AB set up Gotti to be attacked by Walter Johnson?or do you think Johnson was just a crazy person and attacked him like when the opportunity presented itself? where is Walter Johnson now? when Gotti decided to start paying the AB again,do you think he also offered them money to do a hit on Johnson?why do you think the AB couldnt hit Johnson?i heard he was transferred,but if AB are so like,bad a**,then they shouldve been able to get to him.do you think it makes Gotti look bad or the AB look bad?or neither,or both?what was your reaction when you first heard Gotti was attacked?do you think Gotti was p*ssed?how bad do you think he wanted revenge?what thots do you think were going through his head?what do you think the AB thot after they heard the news?do you think the AB actualy cared about or liked Gotti?or only wanted to use him?

Last edited by americafyeah; 09/14/17 11:46 PM.
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Blackjack2121] #920044
09/15/17 03:47 AM
09/15/17 03:47 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk

You sound like a jealous, bitter cry baby from the UK.

Where is memory loss or lack of reading? I don't remember him because he is a nobody. Gotti is renowned. (you probably need to look that word up)

I have memory loss because I forgot about a nobody that no one but you cares about?

LMAO, pathetic.

What a terrible thread full of jealousy and self hate for what you never accomplished in life.

U have memory loss and seem to think just because u FORGoTTEN who Johnson is, that seems to support "your" argument the incident was nothing

Have u even READ thread? Do u have nothing better to do contribute nothing to a thread yet at the same time telling me what a rubbish thread it is

Have u tried the "ignore" route and perhaps your doctor's can advise u NOt click on said thread/ since they have not met your HIGH expectations hahaha

So I'm living a internet fantasy?

And pls ellaborate? How is that may I ask.

U are the ONE that is making excuses for Gotti's beatdown NOT me kid

Did that touch a nerve- u seem to be a big Gotti fanboy despite trying to act like
your not

Who cares he was a legend on the streets, he got beat in jail (nothing against that)nobody is superman but clowns like u seem to think he's a pro fighter "ohhh he was 60 and Johnson was much bigger/younger" thank u captain OBVioUS (your brain cells have contributed to this brainless thread ) haha

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #920055
09/15/17 09:20 AM
09/15/17 09:20 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
Walter Johnson is dead. I think the cops shot him some years ago.

After the incident Walter was scared as fuck. To make up for it he gave Gotti a pair of expensive Nike sneakers, in prison that's basically the most expensive thing he owned, so it means something. After that he got out and the way I remember he was killed by the cops in some attempted robbery.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #920056
09/15/17 09:22 AM
09/15/17 09:22 AM
baldo Offline
Capo
baldo  Offline
Capo
and as I predicted a new thread was started regarding mobster's fighting skills....

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=920023&gonew=1#UNREAD

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #920057
09/15/17 09:30 AM
09/15/17 09:30 AM
A
Aces Offline
BANNED
Aces  Offline
BANNED
A
Capo
Regarding Gotti's use of the " N" word, it was used a lot by many people and especially gangsters in Italian hoods. Most Italian hoods were destroyed by blacks . Back in the day, Italians felt they had to protect their neighborhoods..
If an Italian walked into a black hood, he would have a serious problem. It was 2 sided. That said, by all accounts, Gotti had no problem with blacks, he just used the word a lot. Using that word doesnt mean you are a racist,

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Aces] #920058
09/15/17 10:01 AM
09/15/17 10:01 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Regarding Gotti's use of the " N" word, it was used a lot by many people and especially gangsters in Italian hoods. Most Italian hoods were destroyed by blacks . Back in the day, Italians felt they had to protect their neighborhoods..
If an Italian walked into a black hood, he would have a serious problem. It was 2 sided. That said, by all accounts, Gotti had no problem with blacks, he just used the word a lot. Using that word doesnt mean you are a racist,

i suggest you watch gottis jail tapes and tell me he isnt racist. Obviously he wouldnt say that to their faces because he knew he would get the shit kicked out of him

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Tonytough] #920061
09/15/17 11:39 AM
09/15/17 11:39 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
I have no idea why people have turned the word nig--r into the worst possible thing you can say in the whole fucking world.

Watch any movie that originally had that word in it and its always bleeped out.
In movies like Goodfellas, and the Godfather they leave in the words "ginny" and 'mick" but no, nobody can hear you say "the N word" as all the assholes on TV now call it.

Where I grew up everybody was "something". A ginny, sp*c, pollack, redneck, k*ke and yeah nig--r too. Its just the way we all talked, no big deal.

People like to say that the N word conjures up images of hangings etc. But lets not forget that the worst mass hanging by a vigilante group was in New Orleans when they hung all those Sicilians who they thought killed a police captain.

The way things are now, if the Pope was overheard saying the N word he'd have to make a public apology on TV, Go on a late night talk show and explain how much he really loves black people. Then after all that they would force him to resign as Pope.....

Sal "the wop"

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: JCrusher] #920062
09/15/17 12:06 PM
09/15/17 12:06 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

gotti was a good man. its true that many mobsters are thugs but id say 90% of them are good decent people. gotti was a real alpha male. iwish we had more men like gotti today. the gotti beating was all nonsense. john wasn't hurt.

Re: Why do people feel the need to make excuses [Re: Aces] #920063
09/15/17 12:08 PM
09/15/17 12:08 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss

ToughTony

blacks are the thugs i soo agree. italian mob guys are gentlemen for the most part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull