GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DiLorenzo, Lou_Para), 100 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,713
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919616
09/08/17 09:02 AM
09/08/17 09:02 AM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
For all the bullshit I like how Merlino and his young punks stepped up and took control of the outfit. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he sure had balls. Fear of Scarfo was still pretty much alive out in the streets.. I know he was in the can but still a lot of people would have been scared to touch Nicky Jr, cause his pop still had friends... but they didn't give a fuck.
I know Phil Leonetti considered Joey a punk and still does, but frankly I think he's maybe a little jealous.. Joey did what Phil never had the balls to do, step up and take control of the outfit. Phil always contemplated whacking his uncle but he never did.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919617
09/08/17 10:02 AM
09/08/17 10:02 AM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
Hey serp!

If Phil whacked his uncle he ultimately knew that the Commission would kill him right away. He saw it first hand with Bruno. So he might have said he wanted to at times, but Phil never would have done it he's smarter than that.

With regards to Joey and Mike, they were still scared of Scarfo and you guys are right, the streets still feared Scarfo. I remember one of Joey's guys was quoted in an article back in the mid-90s when Scarfo and Chucky and the rest were retried and later acquitted of the Frankie Flowers murder in like 1997. He said Joey was nervous about being in the same courtroom as Scarfo and was still legitimately scared of/respected him. The difference was, Nick Jr was the conduit and Joey wasn't scared of nor did he respect Nick Jr. Joey and Mike had the muscle and that was left, which ultimately was what became the "Young Turk" crew. Nick Jr was scared of them and Joey and Mike knew it. Jr was actually recorded talking to Scarfo Sr and Leonetti in prison about how Joey and Mike were moving in on south philly and starting to push people around. You always hear about the Scarfo guys in the 80s and all the shooting, but these young guys were doing beatings and helping with hits, etc, during that same time as well so it's not like they didn't have a reputation or know what they were doing...

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919618
09/08/17 10:48 AM
09/08/17 10:48 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Who would Phil have had? All the muscle guys were dead, rats or in prison.

Would have been him, Jr and Tony Buck.

Merlino had the muscle and I really doubt he was stepping aside for anyone at that point in time

None of that matters because the Westside and the other families would not of let a family fold to non made members !!!! It's only because the Chin let it lay because he knew that Phil had him and Manna . Even back then the five families would not of let outsiders take a family because there was a sitting godfather.

But they did though...and Joey was made and was the real power behind the push

The Genovese had their own problems and would not interfere and Skinny knew it. Or if he knew it he didnt give a fuck. They tried to call him to NY and he said no thanks, come to Philly if you want to meet lol

Like him or not he has balls of steel!

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Malandrino] #919619
09/08/17 10:49 AM
09/08/17 10:49 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
For all the bullshit I like how Merlino and his young punks stepped up and took control of the outfit. I know a lot of people don't like him, but he sure had balls. Fear of Scarfo was still pretty much alive out in the streets.. I know he was in the can but still a lot of people would have been scared to touch Nicky Jr, cause his pop still had friends... but they didn't give a fuck.
I know Phil Leonetti considered Joey a punk and still does, but frankly I think he's maybe a little jealous.. Joey did what Phil never had the balls to do, step up and take control of the outfit. Phil always contemplated whacking his uncle but he never did.

Phil can say anything he wants now, to make himself look better because he is a rat. He wasn't doing shit to his uncle.

He can consider Joey a punk all he wants, but Joey did his time and Phil ratted, had plastic surgery, his face blurred and is in WPP

Who is the real punk? lol

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919620
09/08/17 10:54 AM
09/08/17 10:54 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Blackjack you are right about what you are saying but just so you know Phil took the money from the Feds for plastic surgery but what he got was a facelift !!!

He looks the same with some gray !!

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: PHL_Mob] #919621
09/08/17 10:56 AM
09/08/17 10:56 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Hey serp!

If Phil whacked his uncle he ultimately knew that the Commission would kill him right away. He saw it first hand with Bruno. So he might have said he wanted to at times, but Phil never would have done it he's smarter than that.

With regards to Joey and Mike, they were still scared of Scarfo and you guys are right, the streets still feared Scarfo. I remember one of Joey's guys was quoted in an article back in the mid-90s when Scarfo and Chucky and the rest were retried and later acquitted of the Frankie Flowers murder in like 1997. He said Joey was nervous about being in the same courtroom as Scarfo and was still legitimately scared of/respected him. The difference was, Nick Jr was the conduit and Joey wasn't scared of nor did he respect Nick Jr. Joey and Mike had the muscle and that was left, which ultimately was what became the "Young Turk" crew. Nick Jr was scared of them and Joey and Mike knew it. Jr was actually recorded talking to Scarfo Sr and Leonetti in prison about how Joey and Mike were moving in on south philly and starting to push people around. You always hear about the Scarfo guys in the 80s and all the shooting, but these young guys were doing beatings and helping with hits, etc, during that same time as well so it's not like they didn't have a reputation or know what they were doing...

Rhiht on PHL MOB.They were the guys just under Scarfo guys the younger brothers and nephews and cousins etc. And Skinny was not made in the beginning!!! Trust me if Phil don't flip the five families get behind Scarfo !!!!! Not even a question !!!

Not saying it would have worked, but they could not take that chance . If they let non made members make a move on one of the biggest city's on the east coast and do nothing then The Albanians could come and take a NY family, they just would not let it happen.

But when you have two skippers and a underboss and a soldier that knows almost everything testifying they are NOT going to help !

Hence Nick having his legs cut out from under him .

The NY families even lost some big north jersey rackets when they turned there back on Nick some major cash !!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 09/08/17 11:21 AM.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919623
09/08/17 11:42 AM
09/08/17 11:42 AM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
By the mid to late 80's . Everyone knew what Scarfo was about. If Phil didnt flip. He was still done. The powers to be in South Philly wasnt going let him become boss. He was basically an outsider. He was nt hanging on the corner in south philly, like the rest of them.

Didnt matter what NY said. What were the genovese going to do, send a hit team to passyunk ave?

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: flamingokid123] #919624
09/08/17 11:54 AM
09/08/17 11:54 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
By the mid to late 80's . Everyone knew what Scarfo was about. If Phil didnt flip. He was still done. The powers to be in South Philly wasnt going let him become boss. He was basically an outsider. He was nt hanging on the corner in south philly, like the rest of them.

Didnt matter what NY said. What were the genovese going to do, send a hit team to passyunk ave?

I get all that and not saying the outcome would be different.

I am saying the LCN would not ever let unmade members take a family , I am saying the reason was Phil flipped!!!

Who knows who the Westside would of put in as acting boss , but they would not of just let millions of dollars go if they were not sending a message to Nick for his rats !!!!

This all had to do with Phil flipping and a outsider (Stanfa) being put in as boss there were guys that could of been put up .

It was a clear message from the Westside

And all this just proves what a mess there life is and was , they can not control anything any longer.

Last edited by Serpiente; 09/08/17 11:56 AM.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919626
09/08/17 12:17 PM
09/08/17 12:17 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV
I just think it didnt really matter what NY had to say.

Alot posters on here say Merlino was a punk and didnt follow the rules. Too hell with the rules. He had to survive.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: flamingokid123] #919629
09/08/17 12:43 PM
09/08/17 12:43 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
[quote=flamingokid123]I just think it didnt really matter what NY had to say.

Alot posters on here say Merlino was a punk and didnt follow the rules. Too hell with the rules. He had to survive.

[/quot

I don't know about surviving but they wanted there town and they seen the families were in a bad spot and they had a shot at doing what they did and living to talk about it.

You know Skinny should of been dead five times easy !!! If he would of been hit the first time NY would of no doubt controlled Philly , but that's not what happened .

I am surprised the Chin being so pissed at Phil and Nick for Phil ratting that they did not put Chucky in as boss .

If not for Yogi it may have happened !!!!

Crazy times and a mess of American organized crime .

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919636
09/08/17 01:38 PM
09/08/17 01:38 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Blackjack you are right about what you are saying but just so you know Phil took the money from the Feds for plastic surgery but what he got was a facelift !!!

Oh you have seen him? Thought he moved to California or somewhere west?

Maybe he got his balls back after Scarfo kicked the bucket and went back to AC?

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Blackjack2121] #919641
09/08/17 03:07 PM
09/08/17 03:07 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss

He was here for weeks after Nick passed and has been before , but now he is comfortable and was in one of our old joints with his wife and a friend .

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919653
09/08/17 06:09 PM
09/08/17 06:09 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Great thread,Serp.Pretty damn cool you have seen Leonetti around.Yeah,he calls Merlino a punk and Merlino is a killer with no fear at all of prison or dying or whatever.But I believe Leonetti is just as much a killer and has no fear of Merlino and truly believes him a punk.To be walking around AC like that he has to be packing.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919655
09/08/17 06:35 PM
09/08/17 06:35 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
By 1991, Gigante was indicted, Gravno flipped, Amuso and Casso were busy killing everyone in their own family, the Colombos were at war and the Bonannos weren't even on the commission and were just starting to rebuild under Massino.

I think Merlino predicted that the five families weren't in a position to intervene. The Geoveses were more concerned with Leonetti and Gravano than Merlino.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Ted] #919656
09/08/17 06:55 PM
09/08/17 06:55 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Ted
By 1991, Gigante was indicted, Gravno flipped, Amuso and Casso were busy killing everyone in their own family, the Colombos were at war and the Bonannos weren't even on the commission and were just starting to rebuild under Massino.

I think Merlino predicted that the five families weren't in a position to intervene. The Geoveses were more concerned with Leonetti and Gravano than Merlino.

Thank you Ted you were able to say in thirty" words that took me ten posts and 3000 word .... right on !

Last edited by Serpiente; 09/08/17 06:56 PM.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: MemphisMafia] #919658
09/08/17 07:48 PM
09/08/17 07:48 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Great thread,Serp.Pretty damn cool you have seen Leonetti around.Yeah,he calls Merlino a punk and Merlino is a killer with no fear at all of prison or dying or whatever.But I believe Leonetti is just as much a killer and has no fear of Merlino and truly believes him a punk.To be walking around AC like that he has to be packing.

He aint packing shit but a rat flag.

He knows the Heat is too hot on Merlino, and Joey gains zero from killing the rat anyway. He is enjoying his money in Florida and Leonetti never testified against him.

Leonetti is just jealous that Joey is stand up and running the mob and he is a rat missing the action.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919659
09/08/17 07:50 PM
09/08/17 07:50 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Leonetti was wrong about many things in his book.

Claims that everyone better move out of the way for Phil.

How true has that become?

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919660
09/08/17 10:19 PM
09/08/17 10:19 PM
Dixie,ofcourse
M
MemphisMafia Offline
Made Member
MemphisMafia  Offline
M
Made Member
Dixie,ofcourse
Leonetti has more kills under his belt than you and I combined Blackjack.Now,I understand your disdain for the guy.He is a rat and I agree it eats at him deep.All these guys that got out from the Scarfo era did their time and Leonetti didn't.Merlino did his time.And I think Merlino is the last of a dying breed.But rat or not that Leonetti is a killer and I promise he is ready to draw

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919661
09/08/17 11:21 PM
09/08/17 11:21 PM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV

National tv reporter John Miller, the one who used to follow John Gotti around, interviewed Phil when his book came out. John Miller said Phil Leonetti is unreconizable. Doesnt look nothing like he used too.

Last edited by flamingokid123; 09/08/17 11:23 PM.
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919664
09/09/17 02:10 AM
09/09/17 02:10 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

He was here for weeks after Nick passed and has been before , but now he is comfortable and was in one of our old joints with his wife and a friend .
Im assuming that Chris & Phil see each other from time 2 time & u also enjoy their company my friend?

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: MemphisMafia] #919675
09/09/17 06:18 AM
09/09/17 06:18 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: MemphisMafia
Leonetti has more kills under his belt than you and I combined Blackjack.Now,I understand your disdain for the guy.He is a rat and I agree it eats at him deep.All these guys that got out from the Scarfo era did their time and Leonetti didn't.Merlino did his time.And I think Merlino is the last of a dying breed.But rat or not that Leonetti is a killer and I promise he is ready to draw

Well of course, im no murderer

But Joey has been involved in a war and plenty of violence

I guarantee he is jealous and misses the action and that is part of the reason he hates Joey so much

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: flamingokid123] #919679
09/09/17 09:22 AM
09/09/17 09:22 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss

National tv reporter John Miller, the one who used to follow John Gotti around, interviewed Phil when his book came out. John Miller said Phil Leonetti is unreconizable. Doesnt look nothing like he used too

Don't believe a word you hear I am sure in order to get the interview they had something worked out , trust me he looks the same but 30 plus older , then again that reporter did not see him five days a week his entire life but he looks the same.

Last edited by Serpiente; 09/09/17 09:33 AM.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919680
09/09/17 09:39 AM
09/09/17 09:39 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Hoodlum you would be surprised at what goes on with these people knowing what Phil did , but they are not friends because Chris had the balls to walk away when it was going on not when he was facing life .

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919681
09/09/17 10:52 AM
09/09/17 10:52 AM
LV
F
flamingokid123 Offline
Underboss
flamingokid123  Offline
F
Underboss
LV

National tv reporter John Miller, the one who used to follow John Gotti around, interviewed Phil when his book came out. John Miller said Phil Leonetti is unreconizable. Doesnt look nothing like he used too

Don't believe a word you hear I am sure in order to get the interview they had something worked out , trust me he looks the same but 30 plus older , then again that reporter did not see him five days a week his entire life but he looks the same.
I guess when he saw the 26 n georgia ave.property, He had to be in shock?

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919682
09/09/17 11:08 AM
09/09/17 11:08 AM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Flamingo he has been around here every summer after he came here for his mother .

I am pretty sure he has a place not far out of the city and has for years , but yeah shocking driving through the old neighborhoods holmes that were taken care of meticulously by the Italian and Irish are in ruin !!!

There was always a section of the city where the undesirables chose to owen or rent but for the most part the city was great !!!!

I have not seen a kid throw a football or have a stick ball game since 1990 !!!! It crazy how fast the caucasians ran for suburbia and how much the area in a 25 mile radius exploded with houses being built and did not stop till the recession in 2005-2007 .

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919687
09/09/17 12:17 PM
09/09/17 12:17 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
" I have not seen a kid throw a football or play a game of stick ball since 1990"....Well said Serp, now all the kids walk around like zombies looking @ their phones or sit home playing video games gettin' fat,,I just was saying 2 my wife that kids dont even ride bikes anymore...some young girl a few weeks ago was on the news cause she was "facechatting" whatever the hell that is & got hit by a car,wasn't watching where she was walking..I miss our days sorely..u cant even call your bank or ANYTHING service & talk 2 a human fuckin' being.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #919688
09/09/17 12:23 PM
09/09/17 12:23 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Hoodlum you would be surprised at what goes on with these people knowing what Phil did , but they are not friends because Chris had the balls to walk away when it was going on not when he was facing life .
Yes but.. they r blood right?..cousins,they should bury that shit & mend their ways.

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #946420
07/11/18 04:08 PM
07/11/18 04:08 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
This is crazy until this internet I did not think about the old days “ well the life of the OC guys and then I found this site and I was racking my brain being almost 70 I could not remember little things and to this day it drives me crazy that I did not listen or I did not pay more attention or even took that ride all those nights I said no I will catch you guys latter .

But this internet I just watched you tube and the documentaries are endless and the stories ! Now I know why people say all this crazy shit about 10 paperclips and telling to the Rugnetta to his face that his daughter was ugly ! Get the fuck out of here ! Not happening! Who wrote all that crazy shit !

Re: Scarfo " banished " to Atlantic City [Re: Serpiente] #946458
07/11/18 09:28 PM
07/11/18 09:28 PM
B
Biggie Offline
Capo
Biggie  Offline
B
Capo
Great reel, I see I missed when it started long ago..great stuff serp...and yeah, from outside looking in, phil sounds like sour grapes wth joey, definetly misses the power...regarding hypotheticals, I don’t think the young kids make the moves on phil if in street, and I think phil puts them with him during that time frame..money train had to keep rolling.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull