GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, mike68), 116 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,166
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #919459
09/04/17 07:44 PM
09/04/17 07:44 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Let's see now
In the garbage business in NY and NJ since 1985
Last name ends in a vowel
Nope, never met a one. In fact, I believe the Mafia does not exist.

Last edited by Garbageman; 09/04/17 07:45 PM.
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Moe_Tilden] #919601
09/07/17 10:59 PM
09/07/17 10:59 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted By: Extortion
Oh yeah I ate at anthony scottos restaurant when he was there and he looked right out of the godfather with the long black coat and fedora...i said "have a good night" and he didnt say anything back lol

Old fart never worked a day in his life so excuse his lack of etiquette.

scotto related to albert anastasia, never had to work, ran the longshoreman's union for years

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #919645
09/08/17 03:55 PM
09/08/17 03:55 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo
I know a lot, past and present but I'm not talking.I have Amnesia....lol..sorry

Last edited by Beenaround; 09/08/17 03:56 PM.
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Beenaround] #919672
09/09/17 06:02 AM
09/09/17 06:02 AM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Beenaround
I know a lot, past and present but I'm not talking.I have Amnesia....lol..sorry
I have that too, But how do we know if we have amnesia? Will I even remember to come back and check for your reply? *sigh*

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #919701
09/10/17 02:22 AM
09/10/17 02:22 AM
Dazzlin_Vinny_D Offline
Wiseguy
Dazzlin_Vinny_D  Offline
Wiseguy
I've met Anthony Federici numerous times at his restaurant alwats a class act. Walks around his restaurant like a boss offering pastries. One time sat down with us and started talking about how the neighborhoods changing. Class. Also played poker with Vinny Gorgeous at the Taj didn't know it was him until couple years later when he was all over the papers. Very funny guy. He tried to keep a low profile with a cap over his face but it was clear that wasn't his natural personality so he would flirt with dealers, cocktail waitresses and talk to just about everyone at the table then realize he's being too loud so he would quiet down every so often before starting up again.

"There was only one boss and his name was Charlie Luciano."
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Dazzlin_Vinny_D] #919768
09/11/17 02:51 PM
09/11/17 02:51 PM
BennyB Offline
Made Member
BennyB  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dazzlin_Vinny_D
I've met Anthony Federici numerous times at his restaurant alwats a class act. Walks around his restaurant like a boss offering pastries. One time sat down with us and started talking about how the neighborhoods changing. Class.

Yeah I forgot about this one. I see him every time I go to Parkside wearing his chefs coat. Great restaurant

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #919911
09/13/17 08:09 PM
09/13/17 08:09 PM
Castellammare del Golfo
Malandrino Offline
Underboss
Malandrino  Offline
Underboss
Castellammare del Golfo
A friend I know in NY, his father used to be good friends with Jimmy Brown Failla, childhood friends, grew up together. He used to tell his son that Jimmy was apparently a real pussy hound, up until very late in his life. When he was around close friends but not around other wiseguys, apparently he was real fun to be around and funny as hell. Also he had all kind of quirky mannerisms. I was told he loved to prank his friends and in general just fucking around. Once as part of a prank, a dog was needed to scare a friend of theirs who had a phobia of dogs, and Jimmy could imitate a dog's bark, like pitch-perfect. The guy jumped up, slipped on the mat or some shit and dislocated his ankle, basically he scared the guy half to death. He mentioned a lot of stories about Jimmy, which I cannot remember.

A cousin of mine there in NY she was engaged to the son/nephew of a very prominent crime family boss (could have been underboss) but he ended up tragically dying in an accident. She was devastated.

This last one is a very long shot, but a friend of mine from England, her grandma (96 years old at the moment) used to be engaged to a US soldier (they got to know each other when he was passing through England) during the war who ended up dying, KIA. He used to be a pilot or a flight crew member.
Right after, she moved to the States and got to know a godfather (I forget if this was NY or Chicago) who adored her. They stayed together for maybe a year or so, sometime between 1945-1949, but I have no idea who he was. My friend insists her nana told her it was a don, not a capo or underboss which I suggested, also she does not recall whether it was Chicago or NYC. She told her she could barely leave the penthouse because 4-5 bodyguards would be sent with her at all times. At the time he was worried because there was stuff going on inside the family. She mentioned the name Abbruzzo, Abbruzzio or something like that which did not really bring up anything for me... anyway, I guess this will remain a mystery unless her nan talks about it more, which she hated because it's a part of her life which she does not like to discuss.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Malandrino] #920030
09/14/17 11:12 PM
09/14/17 11:12 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Malandrino
A friend I know in NY, his father used to be good friends with Jimmy Brown Failla, childhood friends, grew up together. He used to tell his son that Jimmy was apparently a real pussy hound, up until very late in his life. When he was around close friends but not around other wiseguys, apparently he was real fun to be around and funny as hell. Also he had all kind of quirky mannerisms. I was told he loved to prank his friends and in general just fucking around. Once as part of a prank, a dog was needed to scare a friend of theirs who had a phobia of dogs, and Jimmy could imitate a dog's bark, like pitch-perfect. The guy jumped up, slipped on the mat or some shit and dislocated his ankle, basically he scared the guy half to death. He mentioned a lot of stories about Jimmy, which I cannot remember.

Thanks for sharing that one Malandrino. Cracking up imagining Jimmy Brown barking like a dog.

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Malandrino] #920112
09/16/17 12:50 AM
09/16/17 12:50 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: Malandrino

A cousin of mine there in NY she was engaged to the son/nephew of a very prominent crime family boss (could have been underboss) but he ended up tragically dying in an accident. She was devastated.

This last one is a very long shot, but a friend of mine from England, her grandma (96 years old at the moment) used to be engaged to a US soldier (they got to know each other when he was passing through England) during the war who ended up dying, KIA. He used to be a pilot or a flight crew member.
Right after, she moved to the States and got to know a godfather (I forget if this was NY or Chicago) who adored her. They stayed together for maybe a year or so, sometime between 1945-1949, but I have no idea who he was. My friend insists her nana told her it was a don, not a capo or underboss which I suggested, also she does not recall whether it was Chicago or NYC. She told her she could barely leave the penthouse because 4-5 bodyguards would be sent with her at all times. At the time he was worried because there was stuff going on inside the family. She mentioned the name Abbruzzo, Abbruzzio or something like that which did not really bring up anything for me... anyway, I guess this will remain a mystery unless her nan talks about it more, which she hated because it's a part of her life which she does not like to discuss.

Good post Malandrino, interesting shit

My favorite thread by far.. please keep sharing these stories fellas, much appreciated

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #920444
09/21/17 09:54 PM
09/21/17 09:54 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
I'm from Western MA. I've met AA and FT... The real tough guys are Freddy & Ty. Billy can handle himself too.

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Dazzlin_Vinny_D] #920517
09/23/17 07:40 PM
09/23/17 07:40 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
I've met Anthony Federici numerous times at his restaurant alwats a class act. Walks around his restaurant like a boss offering pastries. One time sat down with us and started talking about how the neighborhoods changing. Class. Also played poker with Vinny Gorgeous at the Taj didn't know it was him until couple years later when he was all over the papers. Very funny guy. He tried to keep a low profile with a cap over his face but it was clear that wasn't his natural personality so he would flirt with dealers, cocktail waitresses and talk to just about everyone at the table then realize he's being too loud so he would quiet down every so often before starting up again.

Yeah, I go to Parkside sometimes and have briefly chatted with him.

Last edited by Extortion; 09/24/17 12:06 PM.
Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #920518
09/23/17 07:44 PM
09/23/17 07:44 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss
Scotto lectured on labor relations at Harvard which i find fascinating but he literally looks like And acts still like a Gangster.

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Madonn] #920519
09/23/17 07:46 PM
09/23/17 07:46 PM
Extortion Offline
Underboss
Extortion  Offline
Underboss

Re: Real life stories/encounters with wiseguys [Re: Extortion] #920738
09/27/17 06:32 PM
09/27/17 06:32 PM
M
Madonn Offline OP
Button
Madonn  Offline OP
M
Button
Originally Posted By: Extortion

Yeah, I go to Parkside sometimes and have briefly chatted with him.

Tell us more about your encounter with Anthony and Vinny.

To the rest of you, keep posting some good stuff. We wanna hear concrete examples not just "we had a talk" or "we chat".

Thanks again and keep 'em coming!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull