GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom #915698
06/20/17 12:44 PM
06/20/17 12:44 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
http://gangsterreport.com/the-cocaine-co...iami-drug-boom/

As cocaine exploded onto the scene in America in the late 1970s and early 1980s, Miami, Florida blossomed into the epicenter of the U.S. drug market. The rapidly expanding consumer base throughout the country birthed the so-called Cocaine Cowboy era of rampant narcotics trafficking and reckless violence with various sophisticated and trigger-happy criminal organizations jockeying for position in the newly-created underworld business mecca and gangster playground of South Florida. Much of the debauchery and destruction was chronicled in the acclaimed 2006 documentary Cocaine Cowboys.

THE COCAINE COWBOY WARS MURDER TIMELINE (1978-1989 – The Highlights – Or Lowlights If You Will -, Of South Florida’s Down & Dirty Drug Era):

April 23, 1978 – South Florida gangland figure Jamie Suescun is killed for engineering a burglary of a rival drug dealer’s house the week prior and strangulation of his maid (four others die in an ensuing shootout as the hit team goes to dump Suescun’s hogtied body, including Ruben Echeverria, Julio Gaona, Jorge Luis de Campo and Osear Penagos Rios). Suescun robbed the feared Panesso family of cash and kilos of cocaine on April 17. He worked for Miami drug kingpin Carlos Panello Ramirez.

July 11, 1979 – The Dadeland Mall Massacre – Drug kingpin Jimenez Panesso & his bodyguard and driver Juan Hernandez are killed in mall’s Crown Liquor Store for crossing Panello Ramirez and his ally in the local underworld, “The Godmother,” Colombian-born American narco czar Griselda Blanco, who was in debt to Panesso and Hernandez.

September 18, 1979 – Armando Gonzales, Angel Acosta & Raemundo Martinez are killed in a house in West Miami after getting into a beef with Cuban drug boss Rafeal Rodriguez.

May 7, 1980 – Drug dealer Carlos Murcia Fajardo is gunned down in front of Miami International Airport by a man on a motorbike.

July 14,1980 – Drug runner-turned-ATF informant Larry Nash is butchered to death with a chainsaw in a South Florida motel on orders of local narco boss Orlando Cicillias, inspiring the iconic chainsaw scene in the 1983 film Scarface.

Summer 1981 – Drug kingpin Octavio (The Mattress) Mejia is murdered inside the Pan American Mall in South Florida after his son Luis (Papo) Mejia starts an offshoot drug network in New York against Griselda Blanco’s wishes and she has his entire 11-member crew killed.

February 6, 1982 – Cocaine Cowboy Jesus (Chucho) Castro’s 2-year old son Johnny is accidentally killed in attempt on his own life in a drive-by shooting.

May 26, 1982 – Drug-dealing married couple Alfredo & Griselda Lorenzo are murdered in their home on orders of Griselda Blanco over a drug debt.

July 24, 1982 – Miami drug world lieutenant Domingo Hernandez is slain for failing to foot the bill for a lavish party thrown for a visiting narco don from South America.

August 17, 1982 – Female drug lord Leonela Arias, a one-time partner of Griselda Blanco, is machine-gunned to death in Colombia behind the wheel of her car on her way to the funeral of a mutual friend.

September 15, 1982 – Aspiring drug lord Luis (Papo) Meija is stabbed by Blanco hitmen 10 times with a bayonet as he leaves the Miami International Airport, but miraculously survives.

October 18, 1982 – Griselda Blanco’s brother-in-law Diego Sepulveda is found shot to death in a motel in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida 1983 – Griselda’s third husband Dario Sepulveda is killed in Colombia the following year after a feud over his romantic dalliances with other women leads him to flee the U.S. with Griselda’s youngest son. Blanco had her first and second husbands murdered, too (Albert Bravos was shot to death and Carlos Trujillo was poisoned to death).
December 20, 1982 – Miami drug dealer Ricardo (The Monkey Man) Morales is killed in Cherries bar and lounge in Key Biscayne, Florida.

March 18, 1983 – Miami drug dealer Rodriguez Seferino is fished out of Biscayne Bay, bound, gagged, shot in the back the head.

February 2, 1984 – Marta Ochoa, of the notorious Ochoa drug network in Colombia, is tortured and killed when her business relationship with Griselda Blanco goes south over a 1.8 million dollar debt Blanco owes her.

July 6, 1984 – Drug chief Rodrigo Arturo Atehortua is found slain in hiding in California on orders of Griselda Blanco over a debt and refusal to give up whereabouts of another enemy of hers in hiding.

July 7, 1984 – John Garcia, Atehortua’s 16-year old nephew is killed, to eliminate the only eye-witness to the Atehortua hit the day before.

December 1, 1984 – There are seven drug-related killings in one night in a single Miami neighborhood.

February 19, 1986 – Barry Seal. a major U.S. based operative for the Colombian Medellin cartel, master drug smuggler, money launderer and double-agent working for the DEA, is killed by assassins in Louisiana as he did court-ordered community service on a Baton Rouge Salvation Army facility.

February 3, 1987 – Powerboating icon, racer and designer Don Aronow is assassinated in Miami, gunned down behind the wheel of his car as he left a meeting at his 188th Street office on orders of a spurned business associate. The speedboat race circuit was a “whose who” of the drug smuggling trade in South Florida in the 1980s.

February 17, 1987 – Oscar Piedrahita, the former export lieutenant for Griselda Blanco’s organization, is executed while in hiding after extorting Griselda for one million bucks in a kidnapping of her son. Piedrahita is machine gunned to death at his infant son’s wake.

September 19, 1989 – Juan Acosta, a former attorney for ‘Los Muchachos’ (the original Cocaine Cowboy poster boys Willy Falcon and Sal Magluta) is killed on the eve of testifying at a grand jury investigating Falcon and Magluta’s drug empire.

Griselda Blanco died inthe night of September 3, 2012,after having been shot twice in the head by a motorcyclist, in a drive-by shooting in Medellín, Colombia.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #915947
06/24/17 01:23 PM
06/24/17 01:23 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
I grew up in South Florida during those years.

They were finding bodies every day in car trunks all over the city.

I worked in over a dozen latin night clubs during those years. Everybody leaving the bathroom was wiping their nose.
they used to have rails of coke right in the mens room compliments of the house on a big mirror.

there was so much money around it was unreal. they used the clubs to launder all that money they were making.

Back then there were so any clubs you couldn't count them all.

A few that I remember....

Club International
The Tyrona
Papa Grande's (big daddys)
El Salsero
The bar in the Hotel Mutiny in coconut grove (this is where all the big dealers hung out.Going in there was just like walking into a scene from Scarface.
Neon Leons lounge
Club LaClave

Thats just a hand full....

Those years in Miami must have been similar to what it was like in Brooklyn in the 1970's. Except much more bloody and violent. These Latin drug guys didn't care if they killed everybody in your family just to get to you. The LCN from what I understand doesn't work that way.

Sal

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #915956
06/24/17 04:15 PM
06/24/17 04:15 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Sal I appreciate that rundown.. If you have any other stories to share I'd love to hear them.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: RollinBones] #915964
06/24/17 07:00 PM
06/24/17 07:00 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
Sal I appreciate that rundown.. If you have any other stories to share I'd love to hear them.

Same.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: salvi62] #915977
06/25/17 04:16 AM
06/25/17 04:16 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: salvi62

I worked in over a dozen latin night clubs during those years. Everybody leaving the bathroom was wiping their nose.
they used to have rails of coke right in the mens room compliments of the house on a big mirror.

there was so much money around it was unreal. they used the clubs to launder all that money they were making.

Club International
The Tyrona
El Salsero
The bar in the Hotel Mutiny in coconut grove (this is where all the big dealers hung out.Going in there was just like walking into a scene from Scarface.
Neon Leons lounge
Club LaClave

Thats just a hand full....

Those years in Miami must have been similar to what it was like in Brooklyn in the 1970's. Except much more bloody and violent. These Latin drug guys didn't care if they killed everybody in your family just to get to you. The LCN from what I understand doesn't work that way.

Sal

Griselda Blanco ordered to kill a family for a drug debt. The colombians was crazy they kill,kill and kill because was only drug traffickers so why stay in the shadow ? The LCN made money in the dark with various rackets included the white collar crimes. This is the difference but from 1980 to today almost all the cocaine cowboys are dead while the mobsters are alive and enjoy their money.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #915978
06/25/17 04:26 AM
06/25/17 04:26 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
I've got a good one for you....

I was working with a band called "Alex Leon E los Leones de la Salsa" I think it translates to 'The Lions of Salsa"

We where working at a HUGE club called "the International"

They had three bands a night plus two DJ's
When we took a break the DJ would come on while the other band set up. The DJ's were louder than the bands, I used to wear ear plugs all the time. You could never ever hear what was going on outside, it was just too loud.

Anyway this one night we go on a break and walk out the big stainless steel front doors. There were a million Metro Dade cops out there and a few bodies covered with tarps.

Apparently somebody came by with an uzi or a mac 10 and just sprayed the whole front of the place with bullets. the doors had big dents in them where the bullets hit and the concrete was all chipped away.

I guess they got who they came for cause there where at least two dead bodies on the sidewalk.

What flipped me out the most is the thought of the fact that had I been out there 10 minutes earlier I might not be here now.....

This was around 1984.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #915979
06/25/17 04:39 AM
06/25/17 04:39 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Thats simply not true.

There where plenty of very smart Cubans who put their drug money into night clubs, sporting goods stores, all kinds of legit businesses.

Yes many got killed , but those were mostly the crazy wild Columbians who tried to take the coke biz away from the Cubans.

Look it up, many of the Cubans dealers were ex CIA and double agents against Castro. Not your average stupid criinal.

And there are plenty of LCN rotting in jail right now. The few that I happen to know just a little have done some long bids...13 20 years. Thats a long time.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: salvi62] #915980
06/25/17 05:54 AM
06/25/17 05:54 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Thats simply not true.

There where plenty of very smart Cubans who put their drug money into night clubs, sporting goods stores, all kinds of legit businesses.

Yes many got killed , but those were mostly the crazy wild Columbians who tried to take the coke biz away from the Cubans.

Look it up, many of the Cubans dealers were ex CIA and double agents against Castro. Not your average stupid criinal.

And there are plenty of LCN rotting in jail right now. The few that I happen to know just a little have done some long bids...13 20 years. Thats a long time.

Salvi62 I wrote colombians and cited Griselda Blanco,I know that the cubans was here long before the colombians ecc i compared the colombians and the LCN members,off course there are many wiseguys that are rotting in jail but most of the wiseguy in the 1970s-1980s are still alive and free if don't still active.Mine was an example anyway good stories.

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #916000
06/25/17 03:44 PM
06/25/17 03:44 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
After years these things are coming back to me......

I married a full blooded "white" Cuban girl. When I say "white" I mean that all her families roots can be traced directly back to Spain.

White or not she had some really bad seeds in that clan of hers. At this very moment her brother is doing life in prison for drug sales.

She had two first cousins who were pretty big coke dealers in the 1980's. Ricky did about 9 years, and the other one did close to 13 years in jail.

Its sort of strange, one of the first dates we went on was to one of her other cousins wedding. These two guys that I mentioned above kept asking e if I wanted to see their gold Rolex watches. Then they told me that I (along with my future Wife) were invited to go down and hang out at Coconut Grove with them. They said that they had rented a limo and plenty of Dom on ice.

Anyway, I choose not to go. Not only was the constant bragging driving me crazy, but cocaine has never been my drug of choice.

They were saying shit like...."Yeah these gold rolexes cost 18,000.00 dollars but because they are a mechanical movement I'll bet your 20.00 watch keeps better time". They made me feel so damn poor.

Within the next two years both were locked up.

My wife had another cousin who's nickname was "Toti". Now Toti was a big tie smuggler, had his own planes and everything. Was a really nice guy, a gentlemen to his core, never ever bragged and also helped a lot of people with his money.

Some of Toti's investments was opening up a small chain of video rental stores and buying tons of rental properties. He was smart and a very nice guy.

Well this poor guy met with a Johnny Roselli type ending. They found him off the coast of the Bahamas chopped up and stuffed in an oil drum.

The video stores all went under, but he was smart enough to leave a couple of nice duplexes for his only daughter to have when she turned 21.

Miami was absolutely fucking crazy in the 1980's.

Miami was loaded with coke dealers.

And Broward and Palm Beach counties were just chock full of NY wiseguys. All the night clubs and hotel bars were just full of LCN guys during the winter months.

Sal

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: salvi62] #916009
06/25/17 06:36 PM
06/25/17 06:36 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Nice stories Salvi, thanks for sharing. I can visualize what you write pretty well thanks to Scarface. cool

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #916035
06/25/17 11:41 PM
06/25/17 11:41 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
SB,

You know thats pretty funny you saying that.....

I've heard it said that when the Godfather came out real life wiseguys started acting and dressing more like the movie.

That is exactly what went on here. Scarface was released 1983 and all of a sudden everybody is wearing double breasted white suits, driving Porshe 928's.

Everybody knew that movie line for line- "first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman"

" Do Joo know what a hassah is Frank? Dats a pig dat don't fly strait"

sal

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: salvi62] #916046
06/26/17 04:51 AM
06/26/17 04:51 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

According to my Colombian friend/dealer business in Miami was still big after the 80s just without the violence.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: salvi62] #916049
06/26/17 06:44 AM
06/26/17 06:44 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss

Club International
The Tyrona
El Salsero
Neon Leons lounge
Club LaClave

Sal

You're forgetting the legendary Babylon Club Sal wink

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #916104
06/27/17 04:29 AM
06/27/17 04:29 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
sal, good stuff

Re: The Cocaine Cowboys Hit List: 1980s MiamiDrug Boom [Re: furio_from_naples] #916123
06/27/17 01:57 PM
06/27/17 01:57 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Am I the only one who thinks that some of the shit in the Babylon club was stupid?

That same disco song looped over and over ..."shes on fire..."

One of the luckiest people in show biz because he is neither handsome or funny, that sunglass wearing jerk off Richard Belzer.

And finally that really dumb looking act from Venezuela who bobs around to "strangers in the night".

1980's Miami was much hipper than all that stupid shit.

Still, the movie IS a classic.

Who has a favorite scene??? While I have many, one that comes to mind is ...."Why don't you see if you can handle yourself two tickets to the resurrection. So long Mel, have a nice trip".

Fucking classic.

Sal

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull